An evolved team

(this is a standard OU team)

At a glance:

Shaymin's sprite is really small o.O

Hi, I'm new here so I don't really know how you guys put the pictures on these topics, so i'm going to ignore that okay? Sorry :(

Jolly Infernape
EVs: 4HP, 252ATK, 252SPE
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset:
-Stealth Rock
-Fake out
-Flare Blitz
-Mach Punch

Simple, Fake out, Stealth Rock, and then suicide. Focus Sash Guarantees a stealth rock (which is its main job), and if the opponent SRs too, Flare Blitz is most of the time a OHKO (thanks to Blaze, which activates after Azelf's Psychic/Aerodactyl's Earthquake/Other supereffective moves). Mach Punch is, if the opponent is Focus Sashed too, to beat them, or for Heatran that absorbes by Flare Blitz. Generally, He suicides for the team to get out a Stealth Rock.

Bold Shaymin
EVs: 252HP, 252DEF, 4SPE
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
-Seed Flare
-Rest
-Aromatherapy
-Leech Seed

This is my main physical tank, and it works well. Seed Flare is its signature move, and its just awesome. 120 Base Damage (Huge) with 85% Accuracy, it's like Fireblast. Only it has a 40% chance of lowering the opponents SpD 2 stages! Other than that, the moveset is a support one. Get a leech seed out, heal your teammates' statuses with Aromatherapy, and rest off any damage (Natural Cure FTW!). To see how physically buff this guy is, a 3DD gyarados only did 24% to it (although it was not very effective). I normally switch him in on Physical Sweepers like Gyarados and Lucario, since he is very bulky Physically, can Leech Seed, and has a godly attack.

Relaxed Umbreon
EVs: 252HP, 152DEF, 104SPD
Moveset:
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect
-Payback

ToxicStall Umbreon! After the Leech Seed from Shaymin, Toxic them for massive damage. This is my overall tank, not as physically buff as Shaymin but can take multiple physical hits, in addition to Special ones. Wish/Protect is a 32 turn healing stall (for toxic), and heals 62.5% damage every 2 turns thanks to leftovers. Payback is a powerful (100 BP) stab move, which KOs many ghost/psychics even without Attack EVs (since most psychics/ghosts have low def anyways). I usually leave him for the end, as a last hope to stall out the opponent.

Jolly Lucario
EVs: 4HP, 252ATK, 252SPE
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed
-Crunch
-Close Combat

Simple, physical sweeper, and makes an amazing combo with Latias. On the switch, lucario will most of the time cause a switch of Pokemon for the opponent, where you SD. Then, Extremespeed for things that don't resist it but outspeed you, Crunch for Ghosts that aren't hit by Extremespeed, and Close Combat for STAB, and your hardest hitting move. Lucario isn't the most sturdy of Pokemon, so i usually send him out after someone has fainted (usually Infernape or Latias). However, he has a ton of resistances, and they just happen to overlap with Latias' weaknesses (Dragon, Ice, Psychic, Ghost, Bug) so if Latias is in trouble of being OHKO by X-Scissor or something, and Heatran is out, I'll switch into Lucario. Most of the time, whether I switch or not, the opponent is forced to switch, where I can get a nice SD in, and sweep. What's more nice about Latias -> Lucario, is that Latias resists Fighting, Ground (immunity), and Fire, which are Lucario's weaknesses, so rarely do I get KOed. Another thing is that Lucario is immune to toxic, which is always a bane for Latias.

Timid Latias
EVs: 4HP, 252SPE, 252SPA
Moveset:
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Special Sweeper, and makes a great teammate for Lucario. Calm Mind while they switch/try to toxic you. Toxic isn't bad, since I can just aromatherapy it with Shaymin, or I can switch Latias to Lucario/Heatran. That switch is safe, since Lucario/Heatran resists all of Latias' weaknesses, and vice versa. Latias outruns most dragons, so they will usually bring a wall out to you, where you can pull of, 2 or 3 CMs (i've done 6). Then, even blissey takes massive damage from Dragon Pulse for stab, and Bolt/Beam for coverage. I wasn't sure whether to put Leftovers or Life orb, suggestions?

Naive Heatran
EVs: 4HP, 252SPE, 252SPA
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset:
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Explosion
-Hidden Power Ice

Scizor was annoying me, so here came Heatran. In addition, he's a great partner for Latias, as they resist the other's weakness. I switch in Heatran when Latias is about to get hit by a supereffective hit, since he has better defenses than lucario, and can resist them. Flamethrower is chosen over Fire Blast, since missing is never fun (especially with the prevalence of Sand Viel+Bright Powder!). Explosion is just a quick move if ur low on HP and want to deal massive damage (even with a low ATK stat). Earth Power is NECESSARY to take out enemy Heatran/Lucario. HP Ice takes out the dragons if Latias is out cold (other than Kingdra).

Summary:
Infernape sets out stealth rock, and might get a KO. Then, I switch in Latias/Lucario, depending on the opponent. I SD/CM while they switch, or if they are weak, just attack them. I switch between Lucario/Latias/Heatran to get some kills. However, if i run into some trouble makers like DD Gyara, I send out shaymin to Leech Seed, Aromatherapy if my team is statused, Seed Flare, and then Rest to heal off the damage. Finally, against ghosts/psychics, or when the rest of my pokemon are fainted, I send out Umbreon, who can take a ton of hits, and KO with payback or ToxicStall.

Any suggestions are welcome. Including how to post those pics! :) Thanks!

EDIT: Put Naive on Heatran

EDIT2: I haven't noticed any HUGE weaknesses, i usually win with this team around 70% of the time. Heatran/Lucario destroy Scizor (The only reason i even put heatran on there)

EDIT3: Added more descriptions

EDIT4: Made moveset more friendly looking

EDIT5: PICTURE!!!!!!!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello and welcome to Smogon.

If you are interested in making more competitive teams I suggest you read the rules before doing anything else. You should look very closely at rules #3, which says:

Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Remember that a team has to work together, tell us how your teams works with itself. Anyone can say that Heatran is a good pokemon, but on a team where every pokemon attracts a Ground-type attack then it wouldn't be very good, would it? (This is not the case with your team).

If you don't know how much you should write for descriptions, the RMT Archive has examples of good teams that are presented well. Remember to read all the rules of a forum before posting and you will get alone fine here.

Hope you have a nice time.

Hello and welcome to Smogon.

If you are interested in making more competitive teams I suggest you read the rules before doing anything else. You should look very closely at rules #3, which says:

Remember that a team has to work together, tell us how your teams works with itself. Anyone can say that Heatran is a good pokemon, but on a team where every pokemon attracts a Ground-type attack then it wouldn't be very good, would it? (This is not the case with your team).

If you don't know how much you should write for descriptions, the RMT Archive has examples of good teams that are presented well. Remember to read all the rules of a forum before posting and you will get alone fine here.

Hope you have a nice time.
Thanks!

Is that enough descriptions? Or do I have to specify in more areas etc.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That is much better, but you could improve on some areas. Like when do you switch Lucario in? "Oh Lucario resists all of Latias' weaknesses, so I switch him in when a super effective attack is aimed at Latias".

Describe how the team works together basically.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Just a quickie here:

On Latias I would suggest using a SubCM set instead of a CM+3 attacks. With a sub up, Latias can CM til her heart's content, and then she becomes a terrifying sweeper capable of destroying just about everything except dedicated Special Walls (and Shedinja lol). Anyway, a SubCM set would utilize the moves: Substitute, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse, and Surf. Dragon + Water gets near perfect coverage, hitting every Pokemon in the game for at least neutral damage except for Empoleon and Shedinja. Your team has other ways to beat both of these Pokemon (and your previous set didn't beat Sheddy anyhow) so this should be a safe and effective transistion. Definately keep Lefties on Latias if you give it Substitute, that way it can restore the 25% HP lost from making a sub. After a few CMs the boost from LO is unnecessary anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)