Anybody here have their concealed carry permit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is my rifle (holding the butt of my Winchester 30-30 )," This is my gun (grabbing my balls and junk)."

I think most of us have very valid perspectives on this issue. I think the glue to put the two together is a combination of temperance and common sense.

I have guns. I own them. They don't own or define my masculinity. I have guns because of what they provide as protection against those ruffians who would prefer to take from me, or cause me harm. I don't have big guns to shove in my pants and flaunt around.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what ruffians are threatening you?

honestly it just sounds like you like guns a bit too much

There are plenty of people who really do not care how free they are, as long as they do live. Then there are the rest of us that do care and actively desire to be free. All we ask is that you not drag us down into the abyss of defensless slavery with you.
if you actually think that some tangible entity that can be stopped with guns is a bigger threat to your freedom than some of the other stuff going on in your country you are retarded

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
vine whip have stopped to consider how stupid a means of self-defense guns are? unless you are jonesing to kill your assailant, then something like pepper spray or mace or a taser would get the job done just fine with no chance of killing whoever you're defending yourself from. if it's a guy in your house, then do you really want to deal with all the blood everywhere? shooting people makes blood which is a pain in the ass to clean up and if it soaks into your carpet it's there for good.

that was kinda rambly i guess, so in a nutshell: guns kind of suck for self-defense, but rock for murder. so if you wanna go be like FRAN
K CASTLE, THE PUNISHER and kill crooks with guns, then guns are what youre looking for! but if you genuinely are looking to defend yourself, something that is less messy and fatal is preferable for nonpsychopaths.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
vine whip have stopped to consider how stupid a means of self-defense guns are? unless you are jonesing to kill your assailant, then something like pepper spray or mace or a taser would get the job done just fine with no chance of killing whoever you're defending yourself from. if it's a guy in your house, then do you really want to deal with all the blood everywhere? shooting people makes blood which is a pain in the ass to clean up and if it soaks into your carpet it's there for good.
Pretty sure a mace hit may spill a bit of blood and I don't believe tasers are much more accessible than guns.

I'm also pretty certain your carpet is the fucking least of your worry when your life is threatened.

But you have to think of the big picture; wouldn't you want to have the best quality of life after you survive? I sure as hell wouldn't want a bloody carpet even if it meant me staying alive—not really worth the cost imo

I did not intend for this to become the debate that it has turned in to. I specifically asked the GUN OWNERS for their thoughts, and should have added the caveat to "not respond if you don't own and/or carry." Always have to add those caveats for the morons.

Carrying a weapon is a MAJOR responsibility. Concealed carry is a lifestyle choice, and I'm not sure that I'm ready for that lifestyle decision yet. That is important to understand. I am not sure that I'm ready to carry concealed. Let me clarify my decision to open carry on occasion. There's not a lot of "urban crime" here in Montana. But our meth problem is off the charts, and has been for quite some time.

I keep my weapon near me while at home at all times. I do this because of the shady addicts that live near me and past experiences. Bear with me. I live in a house that my great-grandparents built 60+ years ago. The property has been in our family ever since. Back then, it used to be surrounded by apple orchards and nursuries. It was a beautiful place. Since that time, adjacent properties were sold and eventually the area became overrun by trailer courts and drug addicts.

I'll be damned if I'm going to move. We were there first, and I am going to STAY here. However, over the years, I've had more than enough run-ins with the meth heads. The last straw was when a guy was pounding on the front door, bloodied and shirtless, and was a raving lunatic demanding clothes. I was not home at the time, but my brother was.

I've had numerous other incidents of drug addicts walking by the house and looking into my garage (which houses my Harley and thousands of dollars in tools).

Also, meth heads like to hang out at fishing accesses because they're in the woods and out of the way. I am an avid fly fisherman and have had some situations that could've escalated quickly.

After the bloody shirt guy incident, I bought a Springfield XD-40 and haven't looked back. I am looking to buy MORE guns. There are many reasons that I own a gun, a few being:

1) Because I can
2) To protect my life in a dynamic world
3) To protect my loved ones and those around me

Think about it this way:
I don't plan on getting in a car accident. But I wear my seatbelt anyway.

That's my mentality. I hope to God that I never have to use my gun for lethal force.

@ Myzozoa,

You are a hater sir.

You know, a bunch of rag tag Americans who wanted their own rights and freedoms beat the tar out of what was (arguably) the world's best army (Maybe aside from Napoleon at the turn of the 19th century, again, arguably). Twice! We all know which army I'm talking about.

You talk about moments of "rage." There is no rage. There are countless hours of training that prepare you to react accordingly to a threat. Rage does not exist. There is situational awareness, tactical scenario training, and trained reflexes that work in chorus with deadly accuracy and speed. Your ignorance on the subject is appalling at best.

This thread is pretty much done it seems like; guess a majority us (including mods) aren't mature enough to handle gun discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)