Anyone here still play Yu-Gi-Oh?

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I stopped since Ancient Prophecy for a while. I want to make an Earthbound God Uru Deck but that seems to be a far dream so far.

i got the rom version of 5D onto my R4. The game is very hard and unforgiving. There is also way to many cards an strategy's now which make my deck lackluster. I stoped playing around the elemental hero saga. SO i dont know about the neo's the space mens the evils and all tohse new supa gay syncrho monsters that pretty much ruined the pace of duels

and actually i love lvl monsters and horus is the king of my deck right now since he is so easy to summon

deathstrike pretty much summed up what yugioh now is. All of the neospace onwards were just crappy assed gimmicks. Especially 5ds. Who the hell plays cards on motorbikes?

deathstrike pretty much summed up what yugioh now is. All of the neospace onwards were just crappy assed gimmicks. Especially 5ds. Who the hell plays cards on motorbikes?
lol the moterbike card stuff was a suppa gay way to battle.

wtf happend to shadow games those were bad ass. i mean the guys would gets traped forever thats kick ass.

The synchro monsters make everything else every made useless useless useless. I mean their to easy to bring out and they all have mega gay affects. becuase of them all the cool fusions are now useless since there alot harder to do. Pretty much they created about 3k + cards then fucked all those orignal cards we loved by making those gay synchro monsters.

the only cool thing about the new generation is assualt mode monsters.

I got into Nightmare Troubadour last summer for awhile. I got a co-worker to play wi-fi with me across the store and we had a blast. Unfortunately, the game seemed to fizzle out and I lost interest after a while.

I never bothered to watch any 5Ds, but it looked absolutely awful. I can't imagine the game improved when it launched...

I still play World Championship '08 on my DS on occasion. I enjoy the card game, to an extent, but most of the cards I enjoy are ooutclassed or outright banned.

I stopped playing for maybe a year or more, but got back into it when 5D was released. I gave it a shot, downloaded it, put it on my R4 and deleted it after maybe 2 days. It has a large card database, and that it usually good, but the production values are atrocious. It looks awful, music / sound effects are the exact same as '08, and it gets a major slowdown. CPU opponents take years to make a move. And Synchro monsters.. man, I hate them. Is it possible to release a new set without making old one's absolutely unusable? The answer is no, they have to put out super-mega cards to make more money.

That also doesn't go into how 5D itself is garbage. The concept completely baffles me. It is like it is trying to take itself too serious. Speed duels? C'mon. What happened to playing a card game? Now we've riding motorcycles. Whats next, playing a card game while swimming in the ocean with a countdown timer. Every turn that passes you lose oxygen points, and if those points run out before an opponents life points you lose. I should stop, I might end up giving them ideas.

Back on topic, after my eye-gouging experience with 5D, I go back to '08 and play a duel every now and then. As for the TCG, I still have a bunch of cards in a tin in a drawer. Maybe around 500, maybe more, but I stopped collecting them a long time back. I still play 'em sometime with my kid sister but not at all lately.

I stopped playing about 2 or 3 years ago about the time when Chaos Sorceror got banned. I enjoyed it while I played but I got it handed to me most of the time. Still have my Macro Cosmos deck :)
Chaos Sorcerer has since been unbanned. Have fun with it if you want.

I played online on a chinese site for quite a while. I played the real thing before then pretty much all throughout high school, especially in Hong Kong as it wasn't seen as geeky but normal. It was my obsession. Big part of my life really (and sadly). I really wanted to play again but A. I feel so behind and B. I actually want a good simulation site/simulator and not have to use crap like YVD.

I think I should download the new game on my DS. It really does bring back a lot of memories with some great friends of mine. From time to time I still think about card combinations or deck concepts. If I feel like randomly babbling something to clear my head, yu-gi-oh stuff is often included. Yeah, I should really play again.
Yeah, the new game is pretty good, though your World Championship Player opponents are mostly just recolors unless you're facing a Monster character, and even some of those are repeated.

Actually YVD isn't that bad, its just abit manual. I stopped since Crimson Crisis (which isn't that long ago), and let me guess Blackwing is the top deck now?
Yeah, Crimson Crisis was like right before RGBT, and it's the last set that World Championship 2009 goes up to (outside of stuff like Japanese Promo packs). right now, I'd say the top decks are, in no particular order, Lightsworns, Blackwings, Skill Drain, Synchro Cat, Dark-type Synchro/DAD, and maybe Plants.

i used to play regulary on Yu Gi Oh online (which wasent cheap main reason i stoped) and lightsworn/burn decks where just about all i encounterd meaning it was praticly impossible to win with the crap ytou get at the start but i had a deck that if i set up i almost allways won it (horus lockdown) which was a total beast when i combined it with an armed dragon set it did sometimes put my opponents into a panic due to for burn they cant use spells/traps because of horus/(something i fergot the name of) and my armed dragons just killing off all thire monsters with abalitys meaning lightsworn couldent get going
Level Monsters are pretty fun, and Horus is one of my favorite cards in the game.

:O so you like Lv. Monsters? Hehe. Horus can be destroyed by effect killing cards~ nya.
And it'd be negated by my My Body as a Shield. nya!

I stopped since Ancient Prophecy for a while. I want to make an Earthbound God Uru Deck but that seems to be a far dream so far.
Earthbound Gods seem to be getting a lot of support in ANPR. Especially since they seem to get getting their own Call of the Haunted in the TCG.

lol the moterbike card stuff was a suppa gay way to battle.

wtf happend to shadow games those were bad ass. i mean the guys would gets traped forever thats kick ass.

The synchro monsters make everything else every made useless useless useless. I mean their to easy to bring out and they all have mega gay affects. becuase of them all the cool fusions are now useless since there alot harder to do. Pretty much they created about 3k + cards then fucked all those orignal cards we loved by making those gay synchro monsters.

the only cool thing about the new generation is assualt mode monsters.
If you want to try Fusion, if you get STardust Accelerator, you could probably do decently since they're still releasing Elemental Hero support since the Yugioh GX manga is still going on. For example, Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is probably the best Elemental Hero Fusion there is for the cost. It's Material monsters are 1 Water Monster + 1 "Elemental Hero" or "Destiny Hero" or "Evil Hero" monster. So as you can see, its materials are dead-easy to get into your hand (and finally, a monster Stratos can used as Material for!). It's a Water/Warrior monster with 2500 Attack points, and its effect is a build-in Raigeki if it leaves the field for any reason (hi2u Interdimensional Matter Transporter).

But really, Fusion is extremely slow. You pay half your hand for a monsters that are way too easy to get rid of. After that, Contact Fusion was a pretty good idea at first, but Konami failed HARD with how crappy the Neo-Spacians were. They got on the right track with Gladiator Beasts, which are everything Contact Fusion should have been, but a bit too late.

Synchros are probably the first time Konami has actually gotten the whole concept of "2 Monsters combined into 1" right since it greatly reduces the cost and risk of dwindling your hand.

I still play World Championship '08 on my DS on occasion. I enjoy the card game, to an extent, but most of the cards I enjoy are ooutclassed or outright banned.

I stopped playing for maybe a year or more, but got back into it when 5D was released. I gave it a shot, downloaded it, put it on my R4 and deleted it after maybe 2 days. It has a large card database, and that it usually good, but the production values are atrocious. It looks awful, music / sound effects are the exact same as '08, and it gets a major slowdown. CPU opponents take years to make a move. And Synchro monsters.. man, I hate them. Is it possible to release a new set without making old one's absolutely unusable? The answer is no, they have to put out super-mega cards to make more money.

That also doesn't go into how 5D itself is garbage. The concept completely baffles me. It is like it is trying to take itself too serious. Speed duels? C'mon. What happened to playing a card game? Now we've riding motorcycles. Whats next, playing a card game while swimming in the ocean with a countdown timer. Every turn that passes you lose oxygen points, and if those points run out before an opponents life points you lose. I should stop, I might end up giving them ideas.

Back on topic, after my eye-gouging experience with 5D, I go back to '08 and play a duel every now and then. As for the TCG, I still have a bunch of cards in a tin in a drawer. Maybe around 500, maybe more, but I stopped collecting them a long time back. I still play 'em sometime with my kid sister but not at all lately.
Yeah, the Turbo Duels in this game pretty crap. However, the 5D's anime is probably the best Yugioh anime has ever been. Definitely give it a chance. Hell, the first 5 episodes was enough to get me into it.

I've played on and off since 06. I just lack the money to buy decent cards :/ I do have stuff like Marshmallon and Raregold Armor to piss people off. I run a stall/cookie deck.

Dude 5D's is on rite now and it's actually kind of tolerable

I quitted because whats a point spending money on over 2000 cards when the comapny makes a thousand more. The company should of stopped making card at end of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
The only part I can remember about my yu-Gi-Oh! times was sacrificing my Blue Eyes White Dragon to bring out a Great Maju Garzette (I think that's how you spell it) with 6000 atk. :naughty:

I rarely play anymore, unfortunately, and have fallen quite out of touch with the game, but I do have WC09 which made me want to run a Spellcaster deck after doing those Structure Duels in story mode. I'm also still trying to collect all the cards for my Broken Calculators deck.

Synchro monsters are pretty hard to find in regular boosters. I'd suggest trading for them or getting last year's tins; easiest way to get Stardust Dragon. But if you wanna buy packs for them, look for The Duelist Genesis,
Crimson Crisis, Raging Battle, Ancient Prophecy [out in sept] and Stardust Overdrive [out in nov].

I wanna make a mockery video of 5Ds on youtube really badly. Like, we dont have motorcycles, so I was thinking me and my friend would just run around in circles throwing cards onto the ground while another one of my friends yells in an austrailian accent to announce everything we're doing. Funniest part is, I really like 5Ds and the concept of motorcycle duels. But its really unrealistic and I wanna point that out for fun.

There's at least 3 yugioh threads on this site...i think yugioh and pkmn are destined to be together

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I used to play frequently, topped quite a few regionals, never did make top 8 or what became 16 in a jump, but oh well. The game just got too expensive imo. Back when I played the top deck was 3x Card Troopers which were ~$60, 3 D-Draws and 3 Mallicious which were both ~$30 each. It just pissed me off because the game became more about money and cheating, since the last tournament I went to was the US nats where emon ghanien(who was considered one of the best if not the best player) was caught cheating. I always used a standard monarch deck, because I lacked the money to keep changing decks to the new "top deck", especially since that deck wouldn't even last long as the "top deck". I haven't really kept up with how it's done after I stopped playing, so I don't know how expensive it is now, or if they've removed a lot of the cheating that would go on, but I've always missed the days of yugioh.

I play Yu-Gi-Oh. I currently run a frog deck, nobody expects it.

I qualified for nationals recently, but getting up at 5am, travelling for 3 hours on a train, spending 9 hours playing children's card games and then another 3 hours to get home... didn't seem worth it.

I used to play it, back when Yu-Gi-Oh GX first came out. That was when I really got into it, but I had watched the series from the beginning, almost.

I used a deck of elemental heroes, which won me quite a few duels, until one of my friends countered it with a Cyber Dragon deck (I think it was Cyber Dragon).

Then I switched over to a Crystal Beast deck and won a lot, but then Cartoon Network stopped showing GX, so I couldn't keep up with what was going on in terms of new cards. That was about when I stopped playing the game, although I've been thinking about trying to get back into it.

Envoy BLS and CED :D.
i play the card game occasionally =/

I used to play, but for a bit of time I was unable to regularly attend tournies, and I qyuickly fell out of the loop. When I came back, The game had changed too much for me to bother getting back into it, not to mention it had gotten a bit too expensive for my liking.
I do really miss the days when my burn deck and warrior toolbox deck were effective.

i just stopped. pokemon replaced it.

teleDAD and lightsworns destroy the game.

now so do black wings

That's true. A lo of people I play against regularly use cool decks though, that aren't broken.

i ran:

-blackwing gravekeeper
-gravekeeper
-allien
-venom
-crystal beast
-zombie
-frog
-morphtronic

another reason i stopped was how much the cards cost. i could buy a DS game for the same amount i could buy 2 special editions.

Whoa you ran a frog deck. You are instantly cool.
I don't actually pay much for the cards, most of my cards come from the massive collection my friend has.

Right now the top decks appear to be, in no particular order:

Blackwings
Synchro Cat
Lightsworns
Skill Drain Variants

And, interestingly enough in Japan: Plant variants.

So even in this hard-hitting metagame, there's still a lot of variety going around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)