Ladder Anything Goes

Hey guys, I've been using an interesting set for Xerneas lately, not sure how original/new it is, but here it is:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 168 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Block
- Rest

The idea behind this set is to come in on a Pokemon that lacks phasing and physical power. By using Block, Xerneas can easily get to +6 with Geomancy, which allows it to proceed to sweep easily. The EVs mean that it can live 5 seismic tosses, which greatly helps with Blissey match-ups, seeing as a +6 Moonblast still only does about 70%.

So, opinions?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Block is kinda the same thing in ubers, if you're lucky enough to catch something or face stall then it's alright but with offense being so good in comparison I don't know how effective it's gonna be overall

Anyway, this thread has been kinda dead but here's something interesting. I've been screwing around with MMX recently since I brought it up as something to use with Zangooser on a whim. While it's certainly not the best mon I've ever used, somehow the main complaint I've heard was something about "no reason to use it". I've been having a lot of fun with just how unique of a mon it is, there really is nothing that works like it. A strong fighting type that mildly checks Ekiller can't be bad, and since you're not complete ray fodder like Fightceus it gives Mewtwo a solid place on some specific offensive teams. It's one of those high ranked but never touched mons I totally recommend people give a shot. I didn't save many replays because I hadn't been planning a post, but here are the two from a roomtour that just happened which prompted me to talk about it. They don't give an amazing snapshot, but it does something so yeah.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-431237466
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-431232387

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)