AP Exams

It's that time of year again! AP exams suck more than anything, even SATs. What have you taken, what are you taking, how badly are you sobbing, have you even studied?

Personally, I'm taking APUSH tomorrow and then Physics B Monday along with Music Theory. I didn't really study for APUSH, I only took some practice tests and I'm falling asleep on my Physics review book some nights. Music Theory is hard to study for, it's all listening =/

Last year I took English Lang and APUSH
This year I'm taking English Lit, Bio and Euro. Lit was today, Euro is tomorrow. Gonna DIE

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's that time of year again! AP exams suck more than anything, even SATs. What have you taken, what are you taking, how badly are you sobbing, have you even studied?

Personally, I'm taking APUSH tomorrow and then Physics B Monday along with Music Theory. I didn't really study for APUSH, I only took some practice tests and I'm falling asleep on my Physics review book some nights. Music Theory is hard to study for, it's all listening =/
I know that feel. So hard :[ If I do as well on the multiple choice as I did in practice, I can get straight 2s on my essays and pass, but I haven't been in that class for 3 months (block scheduling)...
The big one for me was calc BC wednesday. I actually understood most everything on there. I can say that almost any wrong answer was due to a stupid mistake. But I finished only up to 19/28 part 1, and I skipped a few sub parts of free response. I need a 3 sooo bad, I really hope I did well. In other news, APES is stupid easy, and English language is next wednesday and I don't really care much about that one.
Best part of AP tests is we get an hour after the test to go eat out with friends before heading to school.

College Finals = OVER!!!!!!!

A - Western Civ
B - Art history, English Comp 2, Sociology
C - College Algebra.

I am Free for the Summer!!!!!

I need a 4 for my college of choice to take anything, so I probably should've done more lol and I'm really only worried about the essays for APUSH, multiple choice is fine for me, I usually get 60 / 80, a solid 5 range. And the best part is my class gets a pizza party after the test ;)

Freshman year: Calculus AB
Sophomore: Calculus BC
Junior: Statistics, Computer Science B (the first, and now only, Comp Sci AP class)
Senior (now): Chemistry, Phycics C: Mechanics

I'm trying to not suffer from burnout like I did last year, but I'm failing at it... ah, well.

Took AP Calc BC and am really grateful symphonyx64/blarajan took their time to help me, I felt solid that I got a 3 or a 4.

However, I have AP Physics C to take Monday and I feel like I will get a 1 on it. My teacher told us a story he heard from his students in college about how it would just be basic calculus mixed with easier physics problems (no electricity and magnezonism problems). Looking up old FRQs the calculus/algebra is confusing, and the physics itself I'm having trouble wrapping my head around.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Freshman year: Calculus AB
Sophomore: Calculus BC

Junior: Statistics, Computer Science B (the first, and now only, Comp Sci AP class)
Senior (now): Chemistry, Phycics C: Mechanics

I'm trying to not suffer from burnout like I did last year, but I'm failing at it... ah, well.
What. The. Fuck. I've got a pretty good understanding of calc now (I'm finishing up junior year), no way I could have got it as a freshman. I tip my hat to you.

Physics B alone is killing me ;-; Just the mechanics and thermo though, I love electricity and magnetism ;) I figure I have to take Physics C too, RPI will love that stuff...and I only have to take electricity :D great for a kid interested in EE, but back to my point, Physics B mechanics confuse me to all hell

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
I found passing AP exams easier than getting A's in the respective class.

If you want me to bring out my narcissism and show off the exams I passed with 4+ scores:

Sophomore year: European History
Junior year: Calculus AB, Statistics, US History, Macroeconomics, English Lang
Senior year: Calculus BC, Psychology, English Lit, Physics: Mechanics

APUSH I did during a three week camp over the summer and then passed the exam the year later with reading the Crash Course book. Apush + Euro + BS easy requirement class = half of a History major. I have no idea why that works.

/bragging + high school life

I took AP Euro last year and did really well. It's not too hard if you actually paid attention in class and know your time periods well.

Only have to take AP Micro test, and its next week. Not really all to worried, its pretty much all graph reading.

I took AP art history tuesday, and I wish I could have taken more because it was pretty easy and I've been told that art history was about in the middle of the pass rate rank for AP exams. However, my school doesn't even offer other aps to sophomores, so I'll just have to squeeze as many as possible in the next two years.

Taking AP European history tomorrow. It's the only AP I can take as a sophomore. Feel pretty good on it, but I need to get back to studying :S

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I took Psych and Chem as a senior and did relatively well on both of them. My suggestion for any high schoolers considering taking other APs is to take Calc and English and do well on them. Getting out of college calculus and english is extremely helpful, moreso than other classes (a looooot of people I know, myself included, forego their credits for things like chem and physics to take the actual college courses). Calc 1 is often really annoying and tedious for those who took calc in high school, and getting out of it frees a lot of time for you during your first semester!

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Taking AP European history tomorrow. It's the only AP I can take as a sophomore. Feel pretty good on it, but I need to get back to studying :S
Wow, at my school you can only take it as a junior :O

Speaking of which, taking both AP US History and the AP Euro Exam tomorrow(yea, 2 exams on 1 day) so I'm going to bed to get ready for it!

I took the AP Chem exam on Monday, now I need to do a crash course for the APES make-up exam because my teacher hasn't taught me anything all year.

Took AP Calc AB on Wednesday and felt really confident about it, but I do have a funny story to share from one of the other guys: He was taking the BC exam because he felt like it (only one to do so), and his plan was to do the first multiple-choice section straight through and fill in the answers in the last ten minutes (our administrator had said he would put up a sign indicating that there were ten minutes left). About halfway through, one of the other guys asked how much time was left and the administrator said nothing, indicating that there was still plenty to spare. Well, ten minutes left rolls around and the administrator puts up the warning sign. About five minutes later, the same guy as before asks how much time is left, and the admin STILL doesn't say anything. The guy taking the BC exam, who failed to notice the warning sign being put up, hears this lack of a response and assumes that there's still a good deal of time left. Five minutes later, the admin calls time- and the guy taking the BC exam has NO ANSWERS marked in his answer booklet but almost all of them done in the workbook. He was pretty mad about that. :D

On a more relevant note, taking Biology and Physics C: Mechanics on Monday and AP Lang next Wednesday. Bio shouldn't be tough; I got a 5 on the practice exam, and I still remember most of what we covered in class during the year. Lang won't be that bad, either, although I think I'll get carpal tunnel from the essays. Physics C, on the other hand, I'm probably going to fail. I took regular Physics, and, having briefly glanced at the material that the C exam covers, I figured we had covered ~80% of it, so I decided to take the exam. Yesterday, I looked over it again and realized that we hadn't covered orbits and gravitation, angular everything (except torque), and harmonic motion; additionally, we covered almost no theory on anything besides electricity. The only other guy taking it is the same one who took the Calc BC exam, and we're both pretty confident that we're going to bomb it.

tl;dr Physics C is awful, but YOLO

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Last year I took AP US History, Literature, Language, Calc AB, and Politics and Gov't. This year I'm taking World History, Calc BC, and Micro- econ. I did pretty well on the five I took last year especially considering I didn't take classes for 2 of those tests. I recieved 5s on all 5. It is impossible to be certain that I'll do as well this year, but the tests themselves seem to be far less "frightening" in practice than in theory. The biggest determining factor for success, at least in my experience, has been keeping the relevant study materials fresh in my mind before the tests. I'm genuinely surprised by the number of people who took AP courses as underclassmen. I wish my school would have been more proactive in offering those courses to younger students.

Uhh sophomore year I took Government and Computer Science A and got 5s. Junior year I took Language and Composition, Calculus BC, Statistics, and World History...I got 5s on lang and am ashamed to say I got a 4 on calc / stat. I'm surprised I got a 4 on World...I deserved a 2. This year I'm taking Psychology, Macroeconomics, and Microeconomics. I was going to take English Literature and Comparative Government, but decided like last week that I didn't give a fuck and got rid of them.

Fuck APs. Sophomore year I studied my ass off and got 5s. Junior year I studied a lot less and it's really clear I did worse. This year I haven't given a single fuck all year in class nor am I going to study so let's see if I can scrape a 4...

Fuck it I'm going to college

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Found 3 opportunities to sleep during Calc BC... once after No-Calc MC, once after Calc MC, and once after the entire FR.

Felt really nice to catch up on sleep. Now to cram my ass off for physics.

I took AP German and while I got to take the last year before it got a significant amount more difficult, the test was a waste of money and the grading scale is shit. I was a few points away from a 4 but 3.99 rounds down to 3 on their scale. That's not the absolute worst system but when you combine it with the fact that a large portion of the test was graded subjectively, it's bullshit. (From what I've heard:) Also, if I took the test and got a 5, it would give me like 1 credit which wouldn't matter because actual college classes give more than 1

breh

強いだね
god screw APUSH none of our teachers prepared us for it at all

Feel pretty confident about Calc BC and Comp Sci's results. Not eagerly awaiting Physics B or English, though, especially the latter.

On the topic of sleeping during AP tests: do it during comp sci. FRQs for no repercussions!

EDIT: also for all of you sophomores or freshmen out there, don't take 5 AP classes junior year; it's a bad idea.

Study, with senioritis, your mad.

AP Calculus was mad hard. I was borderline 4, but I like forgot how to do series shit the day before the test and comepletly didn't do one open ended question, so its probably a 3.

Taking the AP Euro test tommorow, on practice tests I was get able to get a solid 5 range on the muliple choice, but I suck ass on essays, so that will be a 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)