Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IF YOU WERE SKIPPED IN PREVIOUS ROUNDS, PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THIS IN YOUR APPLICATION SOMEWHERE AND MAKE IT OBVIOUS.

Welcome to round 85 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

It is highly advised that you have some basic knowledge of battling before signing up for this program. If you need a crash course on things like EVs or basic Pokemon roles such as walls and sweepers, then you should be playing a little bit more on the PS/PO simulators before signing up here.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, but I suck at tournaments =(
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

*Tutee tournaments will happen after every round, it is strictly XY OU. If you are interested in playing for this tournament then we will send you a reminder PM once the signup thread opens.

raseri
manaphy
jirachee
plus
mizuhime
laga
remedy
molk
delko
ojama
youngjake93
metal sonic
bkc
shootingstarmie
pwnemon
zebraiken
silentverse
flcl
dice
hollywood
ace emerald
col49
dtc
tokyo tom
royalty
jio
human
king uu
valentine
macle
cherub agent
fried rhys
goddess briyella
eonx-
nova
calloflochie
bluwing

Username: ScoobyDoom

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Char Siu Bao

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Anytime - I can schedule (Summer)

What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I recently finished my first year in college, and I'm so excited to pick up Pokémon as a hobby again. Because of my studies, I have found that I have become very rusty as this game that I love so much. Other than Pokémon, I enjoy fishing, cooking, sports, aquascaping, and anime/manga. With Summer upon me, I have much more time to dedicate to Pokémon to become the player I want to be. I recently dabbled into VGC, and as much as I love VGC, singles is where I want to learn. I think I have a lot of potential in being a tutee. I'm willing to put in the time to learn what's being taught, and am willing to put in the time to execute. I suppose that's enough about me.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely. I'm free to do pretty much anything right now.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: If I feel competent enough to compete, I'll definitely consider.

I was skipped in round 84.

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time. I'm most likely available on Sunday 11 Am-8 Pm, but I might be on from Mondays to Fridays 3 PM-8 PM. I always have half days in schools on Wednesday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing since BW1 but for one reason or other, I never really learned how to battle. As a result i'm only medicore at it. I hope to play in spl one day. I'm going to be a junior in high school soon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Mistshadow
Pokemon Showdown Username: Mistshadow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central (UTC -6), usually pretty much anytime in the day between 11 am-9 pm. Sunday and Tuesday evenings may be occupied, however.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU, XY RU, XY OU (if both are unavailable)
Tell us a little about yourself: Next school year, I will be a freshman in high school. I obtained HGSS as my first Pokémon game. I do own Black, but I have not gotten the chance to play it as of yet. I powered through X in 3 days and started IV breeding in January. I play many games, including a few card games, some MMORPGS, and, of course, Pokemon. I am brand new to competitive Pokémon battling, and I would like to (eventually) learn pretty much everything XY but Ubers, LC, and VGC.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, why not?
Why I should be tutored: Uh… well, currently, because I’m brand new, I kind of suck, so I wish to become an at least decent battler. Also, I naturally talk too much, so I’d probably be a pretty active poster if I knew what I was talking about. xD

Last edited:
Username: BlackBuccaneer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BlackBuccaneer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mountain Time. Summer starts for me now pretty much, so I'll be available most of the time. Specifically 1 PM-10PM. Typically on the weekends I might not be available in the late afternoon, but other than that I'm free.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16 year old Somalian kid whose parents immigrated to America, escaping civil strife and political retribution, to give me the chance to play competitive Pokemon for the majority of days. First Pokemon game was a broken copy of Pokemon Blue where the sprites were corrupted blocks and it didn't save at all, and I've been hooked ever since. I got into competitive battling at the beginning of Gen 6, and while I have improved from throwing 4 STAB moves on a Pokemon, I want to be able to compete on a high-level and be integrated to the community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: I'm extremely interested, I've been in tournaments on PO and I always fail badly, but I love it every time!
Why I should be tutored: I haven't posted much since I follow the mentality of lurking well, and I want to write quality posts. I do have a good mentality when it comes to learning though, and I'm usually pretty positive and funny. Also, I'm pretty competitive as well, and want to develop that.

Last edited:
Username: Ninety_Nine
Pokemon Showdown Username:
Ninety Nine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
GMT+0, Most active from 5PM up until 12AM
What tier do you want to learn?:
XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
Well I'm from the UK, my interests include parkour and programming. Im currently doing my A levels but as of the 5th of June I'll be done with exams, my school year ends in about a month. The main tiers I play are OU and Monotype, I've watched a lot of UU battles and want to learn more about it, it seems fun.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?:
Yeah definitely! It'd be a great way to show off what I've learnt and I would use the opportunity to bring honour to the name of my tutor!
Why I should be tutored: Well I'm new to the tier but show an apparent interest, plus I'd love to start posting about it on the forums. A decent ladder ranking would be amazing as well. I cant really say much else other than I'm willing to learn and I'm easy to talk to so the tutoring process should go smoothly and be fun for us both!

Username: fechner
Showdown Username: fechner
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12:00 p.m. – 12 a.m. GMT -6 I am very flexible though
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm from the US and am currently on summer break from college. I recently started getting into competitive battling and have been enjoying playing UU on showdown a lot. I'm interested in learning more about the metagame and improving in general.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Most definitely
Why should I be tutored?: I'm new to competitive pokemon and have been enjoying it immensely so far. This tutoring thing seems like a great opportunity to learn more and get involved with the online community both of which are things I'm excited about doing.

Last edited:
Username: CodedGryph
Pokemon Showdown Username: Codedgryph
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC -5:00. 4-10 p.m. on weekdays, 2 p.m.- 12 a.m. on weekends (my time)
What tier do you want to learn?:XY UU (preferid, XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I really dont know where to start. You could say I'm the kind of guy that you have to know so you can like him. For that reason, I have few friends. I'm smart, creatuve, clumsy and a complete mess at sports (which is another reason people dont hang out with me, since soccer is very popular among schools. I instead lots of things such cooking, swimming, poetry, and music. Playing pokemon too ofc. My first pokemon game (and my favorite game o all time) is Sapphire. I was enamored with Mudkip and ONLY used a Mudkip to beat the whole game. I did, and I am very proud of my 6 year old self. I started competitive battling since DPP when I made my whole team, planning their attacks and strategies even before I started the game. It ruined the experience, but I still liked to do that. I really want to try to play better and know what I'm actually doing.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sounds interesting. Count me in. n.n
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?:Sure, wynaut?
Why should I be tutored: I really want to get immersed in the world of competitive battling and all its aspects. I usually play OU since it's the most popular tier, but I feel like I should try some new things. Also, a good ladder ranking wouldnt be so bad.

Last edited:
Username: Rot1nPieces
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rot1nPieces
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, mostly nights and evenings, can schedule times and I'm pretty flexible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since the original Red and Blue, but never really got into battling other than my friends. Been getting into competitive gaming more and more now with League of Legends, DotA and SC2, so I want to try this one as well (replacing some of those other ones). Right now I'm going to college (went late because I went to the military for a while) and working part time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, but to be honest, I have no idea what that is.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, that would actually be kind of awesome!

Side note, I've been away for a while, but you said to mention if I was ever skipped in a previous round, which I was about a year or two ago :P Was like round 20 or something LOL

Last edited:
Username: Box
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Boxheaded
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, 8:30pm to 12am. Weekends all day long.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live between Malaysia and Singapore and I game a lot. League of Legends, Pokemon and my 3DS are generally my biggest time-eaters. I'm friendly and I talk a lot and I enjoy talking about anything under the sun and I like people who like to do the same. I also enjoy writing and am aspiring to be a journalist or copywriter.

I wanna improve at OU particularly in terms of teambuilding, theorycrafting and adapting to the meta.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

I was skipped in Round 84.

Last edited:
Username: Agito-desu
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Agito-desu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, Available all summer whenever.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive games for about two years now. I mostly play fighting games like Blazblue and Guilty Gear and have even gone to a few tournaments under the name Agito. This past year I made the decision to level up my game and be the best player I can be not only in fighting games, but Pokemon as well.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'd love to!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Of course. It would be great to test out my new skills and see how much I've grown during the tutoring session.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:

I think I should be tutored because of my competitive spirit. No matter what I get into I always strive to be the best I can possibly be and am not satisfied until I can be proud of my effort. I believe that being tutored will help me understand the metagame and allow me to put in the effort to show that I can be a great player.

Last edited:
Username:Tearing_Shadows
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Tearing Shadows
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Anytime after 5:00 pm pacific time
What tier do you want to learn?:VGC14
Tell us a little about yourself: I quit singles because XY OU is a garbage tier. I wanna get good at VGC.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yeah
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:

I dont really have anything useful to say. But Ive had a smogon account for a while now and Ive been playing since bw2 ou so its not like im gonna suddenly go inactive during the first few days of tutoring.

Username: JuniBoy
Pokemon Showdown Username: JuniBoy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -4:00) I'm available in the morning until 12:30pm and all day after 4pm saturdays and sundays all day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / TeamBuilding
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to learn how to play competitive, got problems building a pokemon (which nature, ev's, etc.) and building a team, I'm very noob about competitive, but I'm very interested, if I have to study something first before playing competitive I'll do it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, no problem at all.

Was skipped in the previous round.

sername:Phenomenaut
Pokemon ShowdownUsername: Phenomenaut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: 21 year old, currently working full time going back to school in september, got back into pokemon with X, been playing on showdown for several months. I can never get past 1400 on the ladder, so I'm looking for instruction and advice.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm very active on showdown; I play 5-10 matches a day minimum(far more when Im off work) and while I don't post often I've been lurking on smogon constantly since I made this account. I'd love to contribute more to the community I just don't have the knowledge to add anything right now.

I was skipped in Round 84.

Username: Killerkingler
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: killerkingler
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'll be really flexible over the summer due to no job or true social obligations :]
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU and/or XY Ubers as well as teambuilding
Tell us a little about yourself: Just another high school junior who plays pokemon on the side. I wrestle and throw on my high school track team. tbh nothing special here. I've been played a little competitive pokemon in 4th gen and picked it up again in late BW2. I know teambuilding and can do well enough on the ladder, I'm just hoping to better learn the metagame and improve my teambuilding.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yup

I was skipped in round 84

Galladium

Banned deucer.
Username:Galladium

Pokemon Showdown Username
:Galladium

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
:GMT +8, probably sometime between 3-9 pm Perth time

What tier do you want to learn?
:XY RU, XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself
:I'm not bad at competitive Pokemon, but what would normally happen is that I'd discover a good team, quickly advance to about 1350 ELO, and then get stuck. I want to learn how to become a better player, as my goal is to get into the top 500 on the ladder.

RU is my favourite tier, but I'd like to learn OU as well, just because it's the standard tier that everyone's judged on.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?
: I don't know what these are, but they sound fun, so ok.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?
:I suppose, I mean I'll probably do terribly, but it would be a good experience to play in a tournament.

Username: Masati
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:I use several alts but "Throwing away this" Masati 1 and Throwing this away are the most common

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
:Im free and on all day weekends and nights after 5 CST

What tier do you want to learn?
:OU and or UU

Tell us a little about yourself
:Well i played pokemon as a kid but stopped and became interested in competitive pokemon at the end of BW2 but only watched replays never played online. I got introduced to pokemon showdown by a friend at school (sophomore in college) and was immediately hooked. I may be new to the game but i pick up on things quickly and have played the ladder at a respectable rating. Im highly driven and a perfectionist and i take that quality to video games as well. I know i dont have many posts at all on Smogon but i have read the forums extensively i just prefer to sit back and absorb information before speaking. Im patient and very willing to listen to anyone who would take the time to mentor me.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?
:of course

Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?
: very much so yes

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Minus
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Wyvern56 on PS!
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 CST. It's the summer so I'm free all the time except 8 AM - 2 PM cuz I have a class.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU alpha/beta or whatever it is, or BW NU if that's not possible fsr =].
Tell us a little about yourself: I first started competitive battling sometime at the start of BW2 OU and played on Showdown a little before I realized how much I sucked at it. After the announcement of XY, I lurked around the speculation thread for a long while before I created my account. After that, I hung out at the OU sub forum and created a thread or two there. I got Y at this time and started a trade shop offering Sneasels (so damn cute :3). I got back into playing on Showdown around then and started C&C and eventually joined the GP team. As of now, I'm working on contributing some more for da contribz and sharpening my UU skills. I also made a crap art thread a while ago. In real life, I'm just you're average Houstonian Freshman in High School. I do homework and lurk around the forums a ton and GP when I can. Other than that, I don't do much outside chilling with my friends in #xyuu on IRC. Oh, and I'm doing random UU C&C stuffs.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Yup
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, why not?

Last edited:
Username: galbia
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: galbia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, almost every afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an italian student that plays pokemon in his free time. I started playing in late DPPT and last Gen i played a lot the lower tiers due to the rainy OU that never really liked much. I have gotten good results in BW NU going top 10 on the ladder a few times (i think it is the meta i enjoyed the most of any time, especially the last 2-3 rounds). In XY i played a lot of OU waiting for the lower tiers to come and i liked it (surprisingly)also being active on IRC (mostly on #rarelyused now, cool guys there). Now i want to learn more about Ubers because it looks like a fun tier to play but it is very hard to find good games to improve.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: /

Skipped last round

Username: WiserOsprey
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: WiserOsprey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST afternoons and into the evening are good
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for years, but just this year I got into competitive Battling. My first Game was Yellow.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
Even though I maybe "new" to the Smogon forums, I am definitely not new to Smogon itself. I have a pretty good basic knowledge of battling and team analytics, but I really feel my battling could be rounded out completely with a more experienced help. I am definitely willing to try to become a tutor after being mentored enough to feel useful towards the process.

Last edited:
Username: Geovanicaon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Geovanicaon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3. Most of the hours
Tell us a little about yourself: I play Pokemon since I was 11. Started competitive last year and I really want to learn to play it properly.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: YES

BY THE WAY, PLEASE, I WAS SKIPPED LAST ROUND :(

Username: Morgenstern
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Morgenstern
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 8am-11am and 7pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Well i retired like a year ago after playing for about 2 years and right now i decided to get back to pokemon c: (League of Legends is sooo frustrating)
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament? Yes

o cool this is up

Username: TRC.
Age: idk why this is even required lol. if it makes matchups better I'd prefer a good player than one my age :x
Pokemon Showdown Username: TRC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 weekends and 3-10pm weekdays-ish
What tier do you want to learn?: dpp ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to learn dpp ou o_O
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ok
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: prob not

Username: Indiladhar

Shoddy Username: Indiladhar

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Saturday evenings, Sunday afternoon/evenings
GMT: -5

Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing back during RBY, stopped at DPP, & decided to buy all the pokemon games again so I could transfer everything to the current gen, & that's when I found pokemon showdown & tried competitive battling- I found I suck & every team I make to counter one threat opens me up to two more!

I really enjoy strategies based around entry hazards/toxic/crippling threats with wow & relying on bulk rather than hyper offense, but it always leaves me open to sweepers.

Outside of pokemon I'm a married man with our first baby due this July, I moved to the States from London, England to be with the woman I'm in love with. I also used to weight train, had to stop over 5 years ago & am currently working to rehabilitate myself so I can get back to it. So basically, I'm just getting back to everything I loved doing back in the day!

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'm not really sure what this is, but if I'm helped I'll be glad to return the favor & do whatever I can :)

Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: I wouldn't mind, but because of time constraints, I'll probably end up missing a battle or something and being DQ/forefit!

Username: Not the Messiah
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Not the Messiah, Falling Silence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 (+1 DST), 4pm-12am Monday-Thursday, 10am-12am Friday-Sunday
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively last summer, but I've been struggling to improve as a battler and teambuilder. I've played on the PO ladder with some teams from the rmt and ou forums which I've been using to learn the metagame more. I've had decent success, but I still need to learn more about the meta. I believe that Smogon's tutoring program can help me with making me a better battler and a contributor to Smogon.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes
Under 25 posts: I'm more of a lurker than a poster atm; I'm not comfortable with posting anything just yet, because I feel that due to how relatively inexperienced I am at XY and other tiers in general, I will look stupid to everyone.

skipped in round 81, assigned a tutor in round 82, 83 and 84, but with the first we had timezone issues, my second tutors pc broke and the third was busy and he tells me he was meant to be taking a break from tutoring last round.

5th time lucky? :((((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)