Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Mendonky
Pokemon Online: Mendonky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 5pm till "late" (as late as needed if required) as a general rule.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself/ Why should I be tutored:Having started with the original Red/ blue series, i completed all three games of gen 1+2, but grew away from pokemon when I got older. within the past year of going to university, I have taken up Playing platinum and white, reviving my interest in the pokemon series. Having completed the stories of both, the only thing left is competative play.
I am literally a blank slate. I know about EV's, IV's, in game breeding and battlign basics, but playing against the in game AI is much different to a living, thinking person, and i;ve little experience with even the most standards of teams. I have done much background reading and hear alot of terms floating around, with a rough idea of what each are, but i would benefit greatly from having someone explain it to me. To tutor me.
I realise I have 0 posts, and would love to embed myself amongst your community, with this being my first step should you allow me to be tutored. Being a uni student, I am a fast learner and will take full advantage of the opportunity, as i realise its not a common opportunity.
As for about myself I'm a keen archer and rugby player of 7 years. Currently at university

P.S
I just hope being this far back on the thread doesnt affect my chances :-\ been keeping such a keen eye on the forum, went out for once and missed it being posted. Much of this also seems to get sorted before signups start..

Username: Davy Jones
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Davy Jones
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 (GMT-5 during Daylight Savings Time thanks to the DST offset). I'm available from about 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM on most days.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been in a massive slump since the June/July server issues. After that month of downtime, I lost my edge as a player and haven't been playing nearly as well as I did before. Now that Excadrill and Thundurus have been banned, I decided that it would be a good time to go through tutoring so that I could fix my problems and get started on the new metagame with proper guidance. Although I've done a little bit of playing in this new metagame, which is considerably friendlier to my preferred playing style, I've still been having difficulty succeeding. I'd also like to learn BW UU, since it looks like a really fun tier, but I've been having trouble getting started on my own, so I'd like some help with that as well. I'd also like to prepare for the 8th Smogon Tournament.

Any tutor matched with me would probably be able to handle another tutee as well, since my schedule leaves clear spots where the tutor would have free time.

Username: RedMeowth
PO Username: ryu-kage
Timezone: Eastern, GMT -4 (right now, will be GMT -5 when Daylight Savings end)
Available: 6PM to midnight every day
Tiers: BW UU, BW OU, DPP OU, DPP UU
Tell us about yourself:
I used to play 4th-gen OU a bit and was alright. I haven't had much recent experience with 5th-gen, though, and my team-building skills aren't always stellar, so any further advice would be welcome. Kinda want to experience 5th-gen UU, but it seems OU might balance somewhat with Excadrill gone.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: New World Order
Pokemon Online/ Shoddy Username: New World Order
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 9-10 am, 5-8 pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU if time permitted
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an 18 year old Canadian college student who loves hockey, video games, and just plain chilling out. I've been playing competitive pokemon for quite a while now and would like to think I've gained a pretty good understanding of the metagame, and have above average teambuilding skills. However, I've never quite grasped the whole prediction and long term planning thing, and would definately like to improve on my in battle skills. I have given a go with just about every playstyle. So I can pick up information quickly since I already understand how each of them work. I'm pretty active around here, so chances are I'll actually show up :P

P.S. I did not get a tutor last round and Scimjara has agreed to tutor me. (I prefer Scim, although I'd be fine with anyone)

Username: Myrmidon
Shoddy Username: Des_Myrmidon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5. 9PM-Midnight weekdays, most times weekends (unless something comes up)
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm looking to better myself in Pokemon on here so I can pass on that newfound knowledge to my local metagame. Some of my local players are a lost cause (like the girl who thunderpunched my Swampert 3 times in a row in the 1v1 tourney), but some just need a little extra push that I'm not ready to relay yet.

...who knows; there could even be a few budding smogonites in my local metagame...

Username: Smokay
Pokemon Online/ Shoddy Username: Smokay or -smokay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern time? 3-5pm weekdays,8am-9pm weekends(weekends differ)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school freshman who plays piano and guitar (lessons) and does karate. I enjoy anime and most of its corresponding franchises. You could say I'm like an otaku. I have been playing yugioh and pokemon competitively on and off for the past year or so.I've been playing pokemon since i was 6, and my first game was fire red. I've been following the rpgs ever since then. I used to be part of pbc, until they started acting like complete idiots and got me banned. I've been playing the ou metagame for a good while now and i think i should have a tutor.

Also, i have yet to be tutored and I'm unaware if this is just some forum game or if I'm REALLY going to get tutored. Many times here I've seen complaints of tutors ignoring their pupils, and again, I'm unsure.

Username: devilock

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:
Devilock

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 3pm-5pm or 8pm-10pm (on normal days) most available on sunday...can be more flexible...

What tier do you want to learn?:
BW OU and others and pretty much other things that my tutor can teach such as team synergy
Tell us a little about yourself: i've known pokémon since i was a kid, have been playing it since crystal version. Discovered this website about 2 years ago and i have been lurking around. Have been playing pokemon online about a month ago, i think i did quiet good but still need a lot of improvements. Although i still got beat up pretty badly. I hope i get to pick, because im a fast learner and i will not try to disappoint my tutor.

Username: norelationstojfk
Pokemon Online: NoRelationsToJFK
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (Central Time, USA), all waking hours on weekends (8AM to 11PM), evenings (3PM to 11PM) on weekdays

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, specifically to gain better team building skills and gain a better understanding of Pokemon synergy.

Tell us a little about yourself: I have been waiting for eons to get an application in for being tutored. Every time I stop by to look, the thread is locked. I'm here now, almost three years after I first started getting interested in competitive battling. I've made many competitive teams over the years, trying to figure out the secrets to being great at this game, but to no avail. I've read the articles on the Smog, observed teams in RMT threads, and I still can't seem to grasp onto it. I know I have the potential, though. There's just something I am missing. I believe an experienced tutor can help me discover my flaws in competitive battling, help flesh out my strengths and weaknesses, and mold me into the battler I know I can be.

An additional note about my general battling style: I have a strong inclination towards offensive teams, and to an extent balance lately because of the current meta's affection with strong and bulky Pokemon. Specifically I enjoy making teams with late-game sweeper Lucario as its focal point or at least including him into the mix as a surprise scarfed-mon because Lucario is my absolute favorite Pokemon. I have also liked building teams surrounding a Dragon Dancer like Salamence or Dragonite.

Assigned to DracoMalfoy

Username
: DittoCrow
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: D-C
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: 3 PM - 8 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 and enjoy playing video games and hanging out with friends. I'm decent at BW OU and DPP OU, but I would like to learn about the ADV OU tier and become good at it so I can participate in more tournaments.

P.S. DracoMalfoy agreed to tutor me.

Username: LoboMuzenza
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Keedcuddy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +3, evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: I hate weather teams. Especially rain and sand. I love little cup. It is awesome. My favorite little cup pokemon is scarf mienfoo. Favorite OU pokemon is bulky DD gyarados.

Why I should be tutored: I'm a quick learner. My teambuilding skills are really really poor (I can build sand teams, that's all I can do) but in prediction part, I'm pretty good with some small flaws. But in order to do that, I have to know what the opponent's pokemon can do and can't do. I don't miss sessions too.

Username: Basti
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Free Candy, Basti
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (Germany) I'm usually available from 4-12pm and pretty much all day on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for about 3 years now. I consider myself to be a pretty good battler, but I need improvement in some points, manly team building. I really want to be tutored, and I signed up in Round 54 but missed the chance to get a tutor.
Why I don't have 25 posts: Yeah, I don't post a lot, but I'm very active. I mainly lurk on the forums, I go on them every day. I'm also on IRC and PO almost every day.

edit: AndViet has agreed to tutor me.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Assigned to Mekkah

Username
: WhiteQueen
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: WhiteQueen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST -5
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a boss at pokemon, but I'm just too lazy to learn ADV on my own. Need someone to give me a few crash courses!

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: AfroThunderRule
Shoddy Username: KGC, AfroThunderRule
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, and maybe a bit of BW Ubers and UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: My teambuilding skills sucks and after the Excadrill ban I haven't had any success, hoping some tutor can help me get to the right direction. <3

Also I'm not sure if this means anything but I applied for the last two rounds and didn't get a tutor and I'm late for this aren't I?

I also suck.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Walrein
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Walrein
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: U.S. Central Time. I'm available all day on weekends and from 5:00 to 11:00 on weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU (If I can only pick 1, then BW OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always enjoyed competitive pokemon, but I'm not too great at it. I have a tendency to overthink my moves, leading to countless mispredictions. Also, I probably enjoy gimmicks a bit too much (my first DP OU team was a hail team and Stallrein is a bawss).

EDIT: woop woop 200 posts

Username: BankaiBro
Pokemon Online Name: Bankai_Bro
Timezone: EST? (Im in Texas) 5pm-11 pm on week days. Any time on Weekends
Tiers: BW OU and UU (OU is priority)

I have become obsessed with Pokemon in the last few years. I love competition and I find myself getting better and better the more I try and push myself (IMO lol) Now though, I find myself stuck in a rut. My team building skills are lacking and I'm not much of a forum guy. I am really dedicated to learn whatever I need to do to become not only a great competitor but a new contributing Smogoner. Thanks so much for reading. MEAN GREEN!

Username: Protoform X
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Protoform X
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (GMT -4), weekdays from 4:00 pm – 12:00 am, sporadically on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (I wouldn’t mind DPP OU either, but it’s not a priority)
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average college student, and a long time Pokemon fan. I first got into competitive battling back in late 2008, shortly before Platinum was released in the U.S. After initially being uninterested in it, I started getting into the gen 5 metagame after the BW strategy dex was released a few months ago. I’ve built okay teams so far, usually peaking with a rating around 1250 – 1300, but I want to take the next step and improve even more. My teams are generally pretty balanced, but I'm open to learning as many different play styles as possible. I guess on a more personal note, I’m a big music, sports, and RPG lover.
Why should I be tutored?: While I don’t have 25 posts, I’ve been a member of the forums for nearly two years now, and was a lurker for almost a year before that. My post count is probably lower than it should be, since most of my earlier posts here were in the wifi battle threads, which I assume are cleared out whenever a new thread is made. For about the last two months or so, I’ve been trying to be more active in the community, and have spent a ton of time battling on PO under a different alt. I figured joining this program would be a good way for me to both improve my battling skills and become more active at the same time.

Username: ZeroFrost
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SteamedVeggies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:U.S. Central and usually after 3:30-4:00 P.M. to about 9:30-10:00 P.M. Whenever is a good time on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy Pokemon quite a lot. I play Pokemon almost everyday depending on how bored i am in school. I am pretty addicted to playing Pokemon almost everyday which isn't a bad thing, I enjoy reading the Pokemon mangas they are pretty good. That's pretty much all about me.
Why should I be tutored?: I just recently started on smogon so my post count is considerably low. I usually dont understand a lot of things whenever i play on Pokemon Online. I cannot make a team of my own without someones help. I want to use the tutoring as a chance to use what i learn from the tutoring to help other people when they need help and help myself with the things i don't understand. Many thanks for reading this.

Username: Hauntzer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Hauntzer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM. (Mostly Saturday as well)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I enjoy playing competitively and I think I can make decent teams however, I don't know how to use them very well. A side from that I do Martial Arts and I'm a Junior in High School. I play guitar and I play Halo as well too.
Why should I be chosen?: Even though I don't have 25 posts, I have a pretty good understanding of the metagame right now. I have battled many times and I have been active on PO a lot as well. Most of my posts were on battle threads which have been cleared now, but I have been trying to be a little more active lately on the community.

Username: Burnt Panda
PO: Burnt Panda, Next
Timezone: Central
Tier: BW OU
Info: I am a ok battler that lost skill after a long hiatus.

I want to get better at team building. I also want to at least be able to get top 50 on the ladder.

Squirrel agreed to tutor me.

Username: Griff
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Griff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and weekends and most weekdays from 4:00 on
Tell us a little about yourself: I love playing basketball, I am a point guard. I also love playing Pokemon and want to get better and learn how to build better teams, and laddering aswell. Thanks for your time.

GOD WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THESE :/
Username: GlassAbsol
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: GlassAbsol
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT Most Evenings 7-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers (or UU, I'm better at Ubers, but I think the UU would be a more interesting Meta to learn)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from the UK, Pokemon is my childhood. I'm applying to study Physics at a number of English Universities. I joined Smogon to participate in the tutor system and have missed the start of it every single time. I love pokemon but I'm at best, a mediocre player. I'd love to improve.

Username: extremebeta
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dilemma
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, im usually available 5pm to around 8 pm week days and around afternoons on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've played in competitive battling in gen 4, then gen 5 came out, didnt feel like learning it before they have decent tiers made, so quit for a while and came back for around 2 months now, still learning. and im REALLY bad at team building and i got this really bad disorder thats preventing me from making a good team, laziness.

I have less than 25 posts :/

so I said ive only gotten back for around 2 months, i was mostly lurking around reading RMTs and analysis and couldnt really post anything cuz i didnt know anything. the join date said 2009 but I wasnt active at all at that time. (Ive only become active on this forum for about a month)

Username: SuperMarioPoke
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [2mp] SMP, SuperMarioPoke
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific (-7) , and from 4-10 on most monday wensday and friday, the weekends are pretty open.
Tell us a little about yourself: I upload videos to http://youtube.com/supermariopoke and i also play cello in a professional symphony. This is my senior year in HS and i have been battling since before the menceban from 4thgen. I enjoy battling and have been wanting to improve at battling and team building, which brings me to this thread :P.

Username: Pkrs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pkrs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 4-7 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, BW UU, Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a player who does not like what standard, I try to innovate the game,ive been playing this game for 2 years, so i think i'm in my time of growing.
I am a sports lover, I love soccer and football, I love reading, I want to travel the world
I had already enrolled in the previous round I hope to be eligible

Username: Howard
Shoddy Username: Alargerolloftape
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 4 1/2, 2000-0500
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Solider in Afghanistan, no lifing it up. Been playing since I was kid, competitively for a couple years.

Requesting Stone_Cold, although he already said he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)