Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Seanz1ll4
Time zone: GMT + 1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):1PM until 1AM (provided that I don't have to work in that particular day)
Experience level: I am new to competitive Pokemon Battling and I would like to give this a serious try.I have tried a few teams but will need some professional help to make the team I really want.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU UU Ubers
A little about myself: Lawschool student with way too much time on hand. Spend lots of time reading, gaming and watching movies. Go to a lot of concerts and play some guitar myself.

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: PenguinX
Time zone: GMT (UK?)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):5-9pm on weekdays, all day on weekends.
Experience level:I've been playing for about a year and a half, but haven't noticed any massive improvements. I stopped for a while about 6 months ago and am finding it hard to get back into the game again.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU UU
A little about myself: Still at school, hoping to go on to study Vet Sciences at university. I play (field) Hockey, I like music etc

Also, I'm not sure if this is allowed, but can I request Giant Enemy crab, purely because I kinda know him from other forums, and I already have his msn.

Shoddy Battle nick: Deoxys-
Time zone: Mountain (US)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5PM-1AM EST
Experience level: I have been playing since R/B/Y. I have been following Serebii for 6 years. I have been aware of Smogon, but I haven't joined the forums until recently. I have been using the Serebii IV calculator since R/S/E. I am interested if anyone can tell me if Smogon's IV Calculator is better.
I am well versed in: IVs; EV training; Classification of Tiers; Damage Calculation/ STAB; Classification of a Sweeper
I Need Help in: Breeding Pokemon/ Egg Move Chains, Using the RNG to Breed/ Capture high IV pokemon; 4th Generation Additions to the Metagame (I was good in the 3rd Gen., 4th Gen. Not so much); Creating a Well Balanced Team; Creating Well Balanced Move Sets; The Newer 4th Generation Hold Items/ Berries; The difference between a Wall and a Tank; The difference between a Hazer and an Annoyer.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/ Ubers; UU
A little about myself: I am bright, and I catch on quickly. I have been using Serebii's Game Mechanics Section to instruct myself on 3rd Generation Mechanics. However, they have fallen short on detailing 4th Generation Mechanics. So, I decided to come to Smogon.

Shoddy Battle nick: MirageGale, ThatGuy92
Time zone: Pacific Standard Time Zone
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:30 PM-9:00PM roughly (EST) 3:30-6:00PM (PST)
Experience level: Nothing too grand here. Highest CRE I've attained was about 1350-1450 in the OU tier.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: This account was made a while long time ago and I've play Shoddy on and off throughout the year. The typical Pokemon player that has played since the first of the games. Fully willing to learn more about this complex game. Too many people will say it's just a simple child's game when there's so much more to it.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Always starts when I'm at school or asleep, oh well.
Shoddy Battle Nick: Coronis, Corotest, Sunny_Day, I Love ReyScarface
Timezone: GMT+10
Regular online hours: Im on all afternoons, most of the day on the weekend, and my holidays are coming up, so I'll have loads of free time.
Experience Level: Moderate. I've been playing for over a year now, and I am getting better, but I still have that same issue, teambuilding. I can never seem to make good teams, only moderately successful ones. I also need to learn more about how the teams I use work exactly.
Tiers I need help in: OU Ubers UU
A little bit about myself: Well, I'm 15, in year 9 at high school and confused about what to do after school. I have every main pokemon game from GSC, when I started playing. I got into smogon for the cap project, and was hooked on shoddy. I have a horrible, horrible habit of leaving assignments until the night, or morning before they are due. Also, I live in a relatively small town, about 300ks north of Sydney.

I'd like to request Earthworm, Jumpluff or panamaxis as my tutor, as I see EW and jumpluff every day, and pana a fair bit as well. I am also good friends with them.

I realize I am probably way too late, but whatever..

Shoddy Battle nick: Lhefriel_Medies, Mesao_Danmowre

Time zone: US Mountain

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I can do some times after school, but it wouldn't be for more than an hour or so as I usually have rather a lot of homework. I'm free for the entirely of Friday afternoon and for most times on the weekend though for as long as necessary, so those times would be preferred.

Experience level: I've only been playing for a few weeks; I found out about the whole scene when I was trying to find a video on Youtube to prove the game balance to my friend, to back up a design article that I'd read a year or two ago but couldn't find anymore. I'm more or less self taught from reading the Smogon pokedex and watching mtgxerxes videos. I'd say that I'm a bit average at everything, but that may be a bit of a generous assessment; I'm for the most part okay with the teams that I make and can win with them, but I also think that I certainly can be much better as far as both teambuilding and playing go. I've reached about a rating of about 1300 on both accounts using a variety of teams, which is okay but not spectacular I guess. I'm mostly hoping to fix whatever bad habits that I might have picked up and learn some more advanced theory about the game. I've only ever tried OU, so getting an idea of how to play UU and Ubers is a goal as well.

A little about myself: About your average student I guess. Pretty good with most subjects, I like reading a bit more than I like doing math. I like art a lot in general as far as viewing goes, but hate actually doing anything of the sort myself. I've been playing pokemon since the first few games just game out and on and off until now, at which point I'm beginning to really get interested in what the game system is capable of.

Shoddy Battle nick: RED420
Time zone: GMT - 8 Pacific Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies. Most days anytime from 2-10 PM I am "available" although I will likely be doing something and may not be able to dedicate large chunks of time. After 10PM eastern I get home and am available until about 4 AM EST.
Experience level: Beginner.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I've been messing around in shoddy for about a week and a half. I think I've kinda got the hang of it but I would love the opportunity to learn from the pros. I've been playing Pokemon since I was 10 but I haven't done any multiplayer battling since 1st gen. I hope I'm not too late I used to monitor for a new signup everyday but it figures as soon as I stop it gets posted.

Shoddy Battle nick: marthaurion
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours: Evenings on weekdays, I guess...lots of classes...I'd say from 6ish-whenever...weekends are pretty open
Experience level: Decent...not that great
Tiers I need help in: OU, UU
A little about myself: College takes a lot of my time, but I've been trying to get better. Pretty typical nerd guy, I suppose

Prolyl again to late but meh (previous time i Just did not get a tutor but that prolly wont help anything :( )

Shoddy Battle nick: Redostrike
Time zone: GMT +2
Regular Online Hours: Mostly evening, at around 20.00h till 01 or so. Sometimes during the day.
Experience level:Did no competetive battling ever, nor team building, want to learn both as i only played the games for fun before.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU
A little about myself: I love pokémon, i'm also active in the TCG of pokémon, now wanna learn some competetive batteling. Love to watch TV shows and spent some time with my girlfriend. Video game collector/player (with nintendo as priority).

Shoddy Battle nick:MEE2
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):7:00PM-8:30PM
Experience level: Ok I guess
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU UU
A little about myself: I got into shoddy a couple monthes ago.I have been somewhat sucsessful getting to around 1400.

Shoddy Battle nick: jakeh53
Time zone: GMT-10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):2:30 AM till around 7:00 AM on Monday to Thursday, 2:30 AM till 9:00 AM on Friday, And around 7:00 PM to 8:00 AM on Weekends (If calculated correctly)
Experience level:Im average
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, Uber
A little about myself: I've played since Red and Blue but only got into competitive play recently, and I would really appreciate learning how to play well

Shoddy Battle nick:dont have any
Time zone:europe
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Experience level:I have been playing pokemon for five years or so and i know pretty much every thing about the game but not wery good at building a team
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):anything
A little about myself:I play pokemon d/p with my uncle when we meet and we are trying to get a team to lvl 100 and we are trying to decide what pokemons we want to have. We want to have like 50/50 pokemons of our favorate type like mine is Dark/water and his is Poison/grass

Shoddy Battle nick: bigred0928
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:00 am-11:00am, 12:15 pm -3:20 pm
Experience level: Im alright but would like to be better
A little about myself: im new to shoddy and new to smogon but have been a pokemon fan since genration 1.

Shoddy Battle nick: Lightning Storm, Thunder Cloud
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Available all mornings (9am - 12am), Thursday afternoons(1pm-5pm), and all but Saturday Evenings. (6:30pm-8/9pm)
Experience level: I'm ok. About average.
A little about myself: I've been competitively battling for about 2 years now, but I've never really gotten the hang of it. I make a ton of stupid mistakes, and my teams are kind of sloppy. I understand the mechanics just fine though. I really don't know enough to tell you my play style, but I'd like to be able to.

Shoddy Battle nick: Accent
Time zone: GMT+1 iirc... doesn't matter anyway
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8AM - 7PM, I guess? seems a lot. It depends.
Experience level: Almost 0.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU - UU - Ubers
A little about myself: I was Mekkah's tutee but the noob taught me nothing, so here I am desperately trying to find a tutor again, and a correct one if possible.
(...just kidding of course, Mekkah was very good, but we didn't battle enough)

Shoddy Battle nick: Golbez_743
Time zone: Central (US)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually 5:30 PM-9:00PM, but I probably won't be on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Experience level: Uh, I'm okay, I guess...I've played for a while, but never really improved.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU-OU-Ubers
A little about myself: My preference of things to do are programming and battling on Shoddy, neither of which am I particularily good at. Uh, I take Kung Fu... Despite only having about 3 posts, I've actually been with Smogon for a while, just rarely posting.

Shoddy Battle nick: potatodude

Time zone:est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):1200-2200
Experience level:noob
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):ou
A little about myself:

Shoddy battle nick: Optimusje
Time zone: GMT +1 (Netherlands?)
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): It really changes, but im pretty much always online round 6/7 pm, altough alot more before/after ;)
Experience level: I'm decent i guess, when it comes to batteling, but I've got trouble making a team that isn't really standard and I kinda lost track about the current metagame (Last time I seriously played on shoddy was more then a year ago, before there were ladders :p)
A little about myself: On highschool (guess thats the american equivillant of what I'm at here...), working my way towards a nice university if everything goes correctly :) . I started pokemans quite a while ago, and first started competitive round the end of 2007 (about my join date). Other hobbies are mainly gaming (Warcraft, Trackmania and new stuff), writing reviews for the website I work for and playing badminton :). Gender is male and i can write some other useless info that isn't really what your looking for I guess ;)

Gah. Hope I'm not too late

Shoddy Battle nick: darkwonders
Time zone: CDT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Evenings (it varies)
Experience level: Moderate
A little about myself: I was an apprentice a few rounds ago. Calciphoce said I could request him being my tutor since he was my tutor last time.

Shoddy Battle nick: Stormkid5
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 12-5PM, Weekends: 8-5PM (I think)EST, or 4-9PM Weekdays, and 12-9 PM Weekends GMT.
Experience level: Moderate
A little about myself: I have been playing competitive Pokemon for about 6 months now, and have been playing ever since it was released. DPPt inspired me to start coming here and learn how to play competitivly.

Time zone: GMT +1, Netherlands
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): on school days from +/- 20:30-22:00 GMT, but a bit more in the weekend, though I won't be available this weekend D:
Experience level: Low, I read a part of the articles on this site, and understand it, but I don't have any experience in competitive pokémon. At all.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I've played pokemon since sapphire, though I just started a few weeks ago looking at articles about competitive pokémon.

Shoddy Battle nick: Keelhauled
Time zone: BST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9AM-9PM EST usually.
Experience level: Moderate to High
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers
A little about myself:
Well, I signed up to the previous two tutor rounds, first time round I was tutored by GEC, who was awesome :3, second time, I was meant to be paired with Vashta, although he told me he had said he wasn't doing that current round, due to work, so I never actually ended up being tutored, and was told to wait until the next tutoring round.

Currently I want to reach my highest level of battling, I have reached the stage where I can win more often than not, I can build successful teams, but I want to make it to the top, to be able to reach the later rounds of tournaments, get a solid total in the next Tour, and hopefully, aim for a spot in Team UK, next time the world cup rolls around. I'm looking for a tutor with solid knowledge of the OU metagame, who will be able to give me experience through battling tougher opponents, and help me further my battling career.

Shoddy Battle nick: Kare
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10 PM-17 PM
Experience level: Found Shoddy at the start of this summer, but I'm not that bad. Current rank at OU ladder is about 1393 I think.
A little about myself: I'm a 17 year old guy from Norway. Some other hobbies are training and cs:s.

Shoddy Battle nick: Tonek
Time zone: Eastern (US)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): All the time on weekends, and on weekdays I'm usually on and off between 5:00 and 11:00.
Experience level: I've been playing Pokemon since Red came out, and I'm known throughout my school as a Pokemon expert. While I know quite a lot about battle mechanics, and movesets, I don't know very much about putting it all into practice.
A little about myself: I'm one of the nerdiest people in the state of Ohio, ranging from video games to theater. There's not much that I find interesting about myself, so yay.

Shoddy Battle nick: Nauar
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1pm - 3pm
Experience level: Playing competitive for 1 year and 6 months.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I like playing football (soccer) and listening to music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)