Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Groudon ex
PO/PS! Username: Groudon ex, various alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, generally available most evenings after 8 pm, though can be flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 21 year old student from the UK currently studying for a Masters in Geology. I'm a long time lurker and so have a good grasp of competitive battling through the years. However, I'm primarily an ADV/DPPt player at heart, and have never truly adapted to the more recent metagames. I haven't had a lot of success in gen 6 in general, especially when it comes to team building, and so I'm hoping that the Battling 101 scheme will give me more confidence in the current metagame.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: jinwhite
PO/PS! Username: gyarad0site, lately
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: evenings into late night, GMT-5, east coast us of a
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ou? vgc? oras ubers & uu?
Tell us a little about yourself: i like writing & i like pokemon & i like whiskey & i like cigarettes & i like chocolate pie
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:
I am just going to paste my previous sign-up and change a few things.

Username: GeeMick
PO/PS! Username: once in a while / GeeMick / moonwalk away - I play on PS! usually.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Paris. Usually available an hour or two at night during the week, available on tuesday afternoons, on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: Since I got better at oras, I want to learn DPP now, as it is a meta that looks very fun and diverse but I can't be good at it to save my life.
Tell us a little about yourself: 16 years old man into competitive mons for about a year living next to Paris. Likes parties, electronic and hip-hop music, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

Shoutout to Bluwing for being a dope unofficial tutor and making me much better than I was 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Username: Henry
PO/PS! Username: Henry
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-5 afternoons
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2015
Tell us a little about yourself: i play pkmn poorly
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Username: TheEagle3805
PS username: TheEagle3805
Time: Central, available on weekends and after 6 on weekdays
Tier: VGC 2015
I would love to go to local premier challenges but I can't make a team to save my life.
Blacklist: Yes

Username: KhosroTheGreat
PO/PS! Username: KhosroTheGreat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 5-9 PM weekdays, 4-9 Saturday, all day Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU or LC, in order of descending importance, either one will do. (I'm told you can write down more than 1, hope that's OK)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a regular CAP player who is looking to get into the other metagames that I like.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, IRC but not Skype

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: phil
PO/PS! Username: phil
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, available almost every weekday between 4pm and 7pm then 10pm and 12pm as well as most of the evening Saturday and most of the day Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been in mons for a while but tbh I've never been all that incredible and I've always found myself drifting from tier to tier. BW OU looks fun like nothing else I've played and I'd love to get more into it.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I'm cool with Skype, could probably IRC too but I might need some IRC tutoring as well.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes sir.

Username: Kavatika
PO/PS! Username: Kavatika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5-7, 8-9, 11-13, 16-21 (gmt-5), actual times a little spotty but im generally available during those times on weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing mons for 8 years and started compettive about 3-4 years ago. I picked up lc after the sneasel ban and havent played many other tiers since then, besides a brief stint in nu when it became official, and i've wanted to get back into it
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: irc works best but i guess i can do skype

Username: mistaken
/PS! Username: mistaken
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, 5-9 PM weekdays, 12-9 Saturday, all day Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a regular OU player i ladder all the time. Joined showdown 6 months ago
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Na
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Skipped Round 91

Username
: Shaymin :D
PO/PS! Username: Shaymin :D
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (I think? US Central Time). I'm usually available from 4-9 PM during weekdays, but I have most of the day during weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I started LC during BW2 (an amazing team zzz). I really wish to actually get good and learn the tier so I can become a competitive player. I hope I can actually be involved in the community too.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC is good. I can't Skype, though.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here are the pairings for Round 92. Sorry for those who got skipped, unfortunately there's been a real lack of OU and past gen tutors this round. If you got skipped make sure you apply next round to receive priority selection.

Zamrock - Leremyju -- ORAS OU
Nova - wh0sy0urpapa -- ORAS OU
Bluwing - Mur22 -- ORAS OU
Obvious Power - Shaymin :D -- ORAS LC
Serapis - Malley -- VGC '15
trc - martyrDOM -- ORAS OU
Metal Sonic - Ninety Nine -- ORAS OU
TheEnder - Amaranthine -- ORAS OU
Go10 - LighTz911 -- DPP OU
Laurel - Croven -- DPP OU
Steve Angello - Zaionar -- ORAS Ubers
Zamrock - Wasdun -- ORAS OU
Ajna - Joltage -- ORAS RU
King UU - WreckingBolt -- ORAS UU
King UU - qsns -- ORAS UU
FLCL - AdvanceShip -- ORAS OU
Reymedy - nikkunn -- ORAS OU
Typhlito - Gelli -- ADV OU
dice - Pretty Flowers -- ORAS Ubers
Mizuhime - Thwack! -- ORAS Doubles
Audiosurfer - Lord Alphose -- ORAS Doubles
Henry - I AM THE JAMAICAN BOBSLED TEAM -- ORAS OU
Funkasaurus - Shadow_Sneak -- DPP OU
Tricking - TheWildStaraptor -- ORAS OU
Leftiez - Ununhexium -- ORAS OU
RiCH HOMiE CHRiS - HikarixYami -- ORAS OU
IronBullet93 - Z+V -- DPP OU
Celsius - etw44 -- ORAS UU
Goddess Briyella - Flying Types Rule! -- ORAS LC
Laga - Steve Angello -- ORAS Doubles
macle - AM -- ORAS LC
Pwnemon - ElementOfSmash -- ORAS Doubles
Kiyo - Adversary -- ORAS NU
The Goomy - TONE114 -- ORAS NU
galbia - PincherD -- ORAS NU
Raseri - Jeffcyberia -- ORAS NU
GiraGoomy - regirock -- VGC '15
Haruno - clius -- ORAS Doubles
Sweep - Jin White -- ORAS Ubers
Ace Emerald - Henry -- VGC '15
Mambo - KhosroTheGreat -- ORAS LC
Yagura - PureAmbition -- ORAS LC
Jio - TheEagle3805 -- VGC '15
Arikado - Veleno -- ORAS RU
Jukain - SunRangerRed -- ORAS OU
FAJI - Moony -- ORAS RU
Molk - GGamer -- ORAS RU
Expulso - s_aman - ORAS RU
Go10 - Sergi -- DPP OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)