Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Psylink
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Psylink
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All day, every day, baby! (Summer vacation) Oh, I'm in Seattle, so GMT-7 or -6 or -8, who cares.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a dude who loves Pokemon, Minecraft Feed The Beast, and swimming. The spiritual successor to Woodchuck, with horrible puns everywhere.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, if I get a tutor that doesn't quit in the middle of the round (Lavos Spawn, why?!!), and still yes if I get a good tutor.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU -- M Dragon
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Sonic The Hedgehog
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

I'll be continuing from last round with tutor M Dragon.

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Arcario12/Arch ario12/100Entitys (all 3 are showdown)
Your time zone and usual hours of ability:GMT-6 I can be on at any time you request of me im extremely good at changing my sleep schedule :)
What tier do you want to learn:BW2 OU
A little about me:I learn quickly (in my opinion) i only started battling a month ago (hence my reason for posting this.) I love RPG`s like pokemon and skyrim my favorite pokemon is Lucario and my hobbies include sitting on my butt and searching the internetz! P.S i leik mudkipz :D
Why should i be tutored (under 25 posts): Why not? Im a new player I love pokemon, and im looking too gain more knowledge in it i cant master pokemon alone i dont have the creativity to create decent teams, so i guess you could say im looking for a D*mn good tutor and an inspiration :)
Will i participate in tutee talk?: Yes ;)

Username: The Red Prince
Showdown username: The Red Prince
Your Time Zone and Usual hours of availability: Eastern time
What Tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played and had a passion for pokemon since the Red version, and having recently been playing showdown on the OU metagame, I've fallen in love with the theory and strategy of the game as a whole, it's very exciting. I feel if I can fill in the knowledge gaps for team building and specifically battling, I can contribute a lot to the theory and help others along the way as well, enriching the community hopefully. I want to make it to the top!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: For sure!

Username: GamerAse
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: GamerAse
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone: GMT. Any time before 9:00 PM GMT on Mondays / Fridays / Tuesdays. Any time otherwise, but I'm not able to do Saturdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: Any BW2 (UU / RU preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been watching Pokémon battles for a couple of years now. My heart almost broke when TheKillerNacho (the guy I first started watching) stopped battling, but I watch a bunch of different battles nowadays and I've tried battling now and then, but I really need some counseling, especially when it comes to team building.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely!
Why should I be tutored with less than 25 posts?: I am a fast learner, I've been in love with Pokémon for almost half of my life now and I love the match of minds behind a Pokémon battle, so I really want to improve and perhaps, if I get there, give a little back to the community.

Username: Mallaria
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Mallaria / Malllaria
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 Monday-Friday: 4 PM – 1 AM, Weekends: Anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon for about two thirds of my life but I’ve just recently gotten into competitive play.
I have a very competitive nature, as long as I like something I really get into it, so obviously it would be a good idea to get a better insight with a tutor.
In my freetime I enjoy lots of TV shows and anime/manga, videogames, hanging out with friends and going to conventions, I’m the outgoing nerdy kind of guy. Currently I am working on finishing my training as a programmer, but my workplace is pretty laid-back, so I am technically available from 8 AM – 4 PM (though only to chat in this timeslot) as well.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Why should I be tutored with less than 25 posts?: As I’ve already stated above, I’ve just recently joined the ranks of competitive battlers and I prefer to lurk (in IRC and on the forums) before posting about something I might not fully understand.

Username: Velits
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Velits
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 / GMT+2
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always been interested in playing pokemon though I developed my interest for competetive play later, during the time that DPPt came out. I've quitting that when Gen V came out because I didn't like the style of it. And now I miss it :p. Anyway, my name is Tim, I am Dutch and am currently finishing my thesis. In my free time I play football, go out with friends, do stuff with my gf and play games.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yea
Why should I be tutored with less than 25 posts?: I've been member for a long time but never actually posted, been watching some threads about competetive battling in the meantime. And with X and Y upcoming I really want to get back into it. During battles on Pokemon Online I really experience that I lack some knowledge of when to switch in certain pokemon, or when not to. The art of predicting is hard ;)

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Meloetta<3
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: POKEMON SHOWDOWN: Meloetta<3V
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+02:00, all day everyday because I have summer break. If I can`t I`ll drop you a notice
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU and/or BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi. I am Mike, I am male (>_>) and I am really into competitive battling, especially in BW2 OU and BW2 UU. I live in a little village in the Netherlands. I am really into soccer, and I like playing...Pokémon? My favourite Pokémon is Meloetta, ofcourse :P
I hope someone wants to tutor me. I already tried 2 times before but I never got a tutor anyways :C
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Ofcourse!
Why should I be tutored with less than 25 posts?: My old account got deleted, or at least, I don`t have access to it anymore. I made this account and here I am. People might still know me as GottaLoveMeloetta? no? okey :c

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6:00 p.m. – 1:am. GMT -7 on weekdays. Weekends are more flexible but generally 8pm - 1am works.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a psych major that lives in Cali in a college that might lose it's accredidation ;_; but other than that I'm abit narrow minded in the ubers metagame (being only able to play semi/stall) and hope to expand my horizons to different styles of play.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: BROStime
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BROStime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4 pm and out (gmt +1)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old boy, car mechanic student. I like to play pokemon, hang out with friends and my gf and do skateboarding. I wanna get back into pokemon agains and wanna try out OU as i'm very rusty ftm.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes ofc.

Username: The Unlucky one
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: superwii64cube/The Unlucky one/Whatever alt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 5pm-10pm Weekdays the whole day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a guy over here living in the Philippines. Nothing truly eventful happens in my life outside of gaming and occasional sports.

Skipped in round 73-74, but for BW2 Ubers

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Don Honchkrorleone
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sailor Venus, Ron Damón
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3; Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 2 pm and 10 pm - 1 am; all day Saturdays and Sundays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU or BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a brazilian guy majoring in history because I'm too insane to study psychology. Due to a strike that happened last year in Brazil's universities, the calendar was fucked up, and thus I'm not on vacations :/ I play mostly RU, NU, LC and monotype, but sometimes I also play OU and Challenge Cup, and I want to improve the amount of tiers I know. I like to study languages (9 on count) and 80's and 90's anime. I also like Yugioh, Ace Attorney, Prof. Layton and trick-taking card games, such as Sueca (no one can beat me there unless with luck!), Truco and Spades.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course! I got skipped in the last two rounds for UU

Username: The Gate Keeper
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: The Gate Keeper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, anytime currently.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a pretty relaxed guy. I'm going into my senior year of High School. I've been playing Pokemon since I was extremely young. I'm a big "American' Football fan. I'm a competitive Magic: The Gathering player and reached of Top 100 in North America for the previous season. I'm interested in getting better at Pokemon because I really enjoy competing and playing games of all kinds.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Why I'm under 25 posts: I've been lurking around Smogon without signing up, I'm not one to post unless I have something to contribute. I finally decided to sign up when I saw this thread and hoped I could get in.

Apparently I was accepted into the program back in round 70 but I somehow missed it. Sorry to whom ever was supposed to tutor me o_O

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: vashta
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: vashta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 - available anytime before 12am lol
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to tutor for a year (2009); played for two years; wrote a team building article; contributed to the smog and moderated on then-Shoddy. Also used to rate and helped established RMT tutor system. Used to rank high back in DPPt until I left in 2011 (consistent top 10). Now I'm back hoping to learn the new game since I hadn't been able to grasp it beforehand (a reason for why I left). I mainly require metagame teaching more or less. IRL I'm headed to university next year to study for a BSc in Economics. I'm male and enjoy playing basketball.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: Meganom
Pokemon Showdown Username: Rytron
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, 6:00pm - 8:00pm and 10:00pm-12:00am (on weekdays), most afternoon (on weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student, currently having an internship (hence my availability), in y college there are quite a few people, including me, that like pokemon so we are starting to have a few tournaments between us.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Less than 25 posts: Well I've been lurking around smogon alot for a few years now, but with studies and other things getting in the way, I never truly dedicated alot of time to competitive pokemon. Now my friends are starting to have tournaments and I would like to improve my skill to face them in those tournaments. On a final remark i guess I can only say i realy want to learn more about competitive pokemon :D

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Dr Ciel (PO) Lady Samantha (PS)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Available everyday after 12 PM on weekdays, very flexible weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU

Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm a 23 year old nurse from the town of Venice Italy, I'm an avid fan of 80s Music, and follow the NFL and MLB.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yere

Requesting FLCL as my tutor, if possible.

Username: Mylo Xyloto
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MyloXyloto, DeltaT, Same_Love, Psylock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt+2 Any time except the early morning hours
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I love music, any type really lol
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

2:00Username: Spaniard10
Shoddy Username: Rhodes1010
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 (Spain) Flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: Red Fire OU BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Spanish, 16, a nerd Lmao. But a cool nerd. Started playing pokemon when Emerald came out. So yeah, I'm at highschool. Probably will study Medicine. I love Basketball, Football and wrestling (WWE, TNA..). I love Real Madrid and Cleveland Cavaliers. I have a fan crush on Dragonite, Latias and Gardevoir. I dont usually like training legendaries. (Except Latias) What ellllsee...Oh and my name is Rodrigo but you can call me Rhodes. It's easier Lmao
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of couuurse
Less than 25 posts: I joined the forums not too long ago, and then, with my exams and the time the site was down....well...and I'm ¨new¨ in competitive batteling and sometimes I dont wanna post because I'm afraid of lookin like a stupid.

Username: Pokemasta77
Pokemon Showdown: Pokemasta77
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST And Really Whenever
What tier do you want to learn?: RU! Also, do you offer VGC Tutoring?
Tell us a little about yourself: Sadly, I havent been playing in a while because my friends got me addicted to League. I have now returned and really dislike the stat of OU currently. I decided to pick a new tier and I ended up with RU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Not sure what that is but probably.

Username: Charazardin (although my most common name anywhere else outside of the forums is BLUES)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/: BLUES/BRUSU(PO) / Blues7x(PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5, weekdays from 8am-around 9 pm depending on what happens throughout the day
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been in competitive for about 2-3years now and Ive done pretty good on PO's ladder, peakling at 1444 in BW OU1 and 1538 in BW OU2, but I had a 5-6 month hiatus and I havent been able to do very well since returning to competitive mons...
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Why should I be tutored even if I have less than 25 posts: I have been part of the forums for a while now, mostly taking part in wifi battling (especially after the start of the find battle system). Also, I am more active on a different forums (which I will not name for obvious reasons). However, I am looking to improve and one of the top players recommended to sign up here. Hope I get in :]

Username: IAmTooReal
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Showdown: IAmTooReal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CENTRAL USA available anytime during 12:00pm-10:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon for a while now and I really want to learn how to get better at competitive battling. I cant really grasp the teambuilding part of it. I am very eager to learn and hopefully get better.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Im not exactly sure what that is, but sure.

Why I should be tutored due to less than 25 posts: I actually never really knew about the forums until now, and even still am not sure on where everything is. I think I could get a bit more familiar with the site with this project. That, and I really want to learn and become a better battler.

Username: Er Filethe
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Er Filethe
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 12 pm-21 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Rafael and I play Pokémon since i have 5 years. I'm Spanish. My favourite pokemon is Scrafty. I want to play better in Ou because I didn't play so well this tier. I was peaked 6 in the PS ladder of VGC13.

Why I should be tutored due to less than 25 posts: Because i haven't got much time in the forum and i only play VGC13. I want to be tutored because i want to play other tiers apart to VGC13

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: apt-get​
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokémon Showdown​
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 10AM / 8PM​
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers​
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokémon Competitively for a few years, and I've been trying to play a few tiers, mainly LC, but I have no Ubers knowledge, and I'd really like to try to get in the tier.​
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Um... Yeah, probably?​

Username: xJVillzz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: xJVillzz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern timezone. 1 pm - 5pm
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively when I was about 14 and during high school I stopped. Now I am trying to learn again, however the metagame has changed a lot and so I believe I need help. Also I believe I should be tutored even though I have less than 25 posts because I am just getting back into the game and I figured that this was a good opportunity to do so that I can start battling competitively again.

Username: Willster132
Pokemon Showdown: Willster132 on PS, I am willing to sign up to others if needed or prefered.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7. (PST) I am usually available from 2PM to 8PM
What tier do you want to learn?: I have been told that a good one to start with is BW2 RU, so lets go with that.
Tell us a little about yourself: Since a kid I have loved the pokemon series, and have recently discovered the fun of serious battles. I am eager to please, and looking forward to starating a freindship on the site and starting to branch out in to the community. My hobbies include online games, swimming, and reading.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I am willing.
Under 25 Postcount Message: As I just recently discovered the fun of pokemon batteling, I have little to no knowledge on the subject. As such, I felt that posting on the forum would be a bit hard due to my lack of understanding on many of the topics. Hopefully I will be able to get into the community more when I recieve some more training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)