Apprentice Program: Round Seventy One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 71 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees! You can read more about that here.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: askjeevs
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Jeevs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 9-1 mornings, 6pm-2am nights (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm just a unversity student with too much time on his hands. I'm not really someone who talks on the forums as much as I do on the IRC server. I enjoy competitively battling, and have been playing for about 2 years (without any serious training). I really want to get better at team building and making predictions, as often I misplay when it comes to debating between Risk and Reward.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Nothing like having a diary; sure, why not

Username: relaunched
Pokemon Showdown Username: rijsttafel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, noon to midnight.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I spend most of my time singing, doing math, reading, playing tournament Scrabble and playing competitive Pokemon. I am very energetic and often long-winded. I currently am on leave from school and live at home. I hope to learn more about BW UU teambuilding and general good battling in Battling 101.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

I was skipped last round.

Username: JayJay21
Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown/Shoddy Username:JayJay21
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT -5 hours and available from 7pm till 4am
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 Wifi OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 17 years old. I play a lot of sports. For music I enjoy metal and rock and I’ve been playing for almost a year but I haven't been improving that much, so that’s why I want a tutor and wish I could improve.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yes I will be willing to.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.

The reason why I have fewer than 25 posts is because of harsh reality. I have been traveling to the hospital a lot because of personal reasons, which prevents me from going on the computer often. I think I should be tutored so I could be apart of the Smogon community. Also this would help me develop more of an interest in pokemon

Username: elcheeso
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: delicious muffins
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, I can adapt my availability as long as it’s not between 4-11am. Weekdays might become an issue later on though. I'm online IRC in a bunch of different smogon channels nearly 24/7 though, just not necessarily around.
What tier do you want to learn?: LC for maximum funtimes
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a pretty cool guy. o3o
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah sure.

So yeah, Elevator music has agreed to tutor me.

Username: rileydelete
Pokemon Showdown Username: rileydelete
Timezone and When I'm available: American Central for timezone. I'm always free after 3:00PM on Monday, Wendsday, and Friday and free after 11:00 PM Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekends are typically completely open.
What tier: Ubers
About me: Hi there, I'm Riley. I'm a Freshman College student that loves Pokemon. "Pokemon Blue version" was even my first video game! I just recently got into competitive battling (last October) and fell in love with the Ubers tier. In my mind, it's fast paced, static, and fun-especially considering you can use nearly ANYTHING! I hope that "Battling 101 can give me more experience as an Ubers player and take me "to the next level" in terms of competitive play.
Would I do Tutor Talk Threads?: Sure thing! I'll help out anyway I can.

As a final note, I believe that the user "Go10" has requested me as a tutee. I hope I can be paired with him. Thanks!

Username: InsaneDragoniteHD
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Draggi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 4-8 PM.(dinner may interupt though.)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a fairly good battler..been doing it for months..I want to sharpen my OU skills.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
i have less than 25 posts because I joined 2 days ago. I should be tutored because I am a fast learner and can easily adapt to things. Also, I like to deviate from the norm with pokemon teams. Also, I have the desire to improve my skills to where I can challenge a league..a really tough one.

Username:Tetz23
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown:Tetz23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:4:00 - 6:00 p.m. on weekdays and 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on the weekend GMT-6 (or CST)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU and/or Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a kind person with too much free time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes.

The reason I have less than 25 posts is that I'm still wet behind the ears about team building, prediction, and the fact that I'm still a noob. With this tutoring, I believe I can be able to do better than what I've been doing at my current level. I have the desire to improve and (hopefully) the time to do it in.

Username: Lunatic Lies
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Contrail (can do either)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 6-8/9 weekdays, pretty much anytime on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for about half a year now, and I've mainly just been picking things up as I go, without any real help. I play soccer and basketball. I want to be tutored because I need some help at teambuilding (which I've never really gotten the hang of), some predicting, and the thing I really need help with is editing teams during testing.
Under 25 Posts: I've only recently decided to start using the Smogon forums, however I've been on Serebii for a while now. I've had some trouble integrating into these forums, hence my post count.

Username: TubaKing
Pokemon Showdown Username: TubaKing or dongalongadingdong
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (GMT -6) available 3 PM - 12 AM most days.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a music student in my third year of college and I'm chill as fuck. I'm not terrible at OU, but there's definitely room for improvement.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Feedback is good

Age- 18
Pokemon online
Timezone- Eastern
What tier do you want to learn- wifi ou/ team building
Will you be willing to do tuttee talk thread on your tutor-yes
Tell us about yourself- playing competive for 3 years

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hyperbeem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (All day weekends, weekday evenings)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive for four years but I need a refresher on DPP. I like tennis.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Fosho

Username: rawwritsmikey
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: rawwritsmikey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays : 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Weekends : 12:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. EST (GMT -5)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm really into music. I enjoy a lot of things, I'm a very open minded person. I started competitive battling not too long ago, and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I've tried getting a spot in the last round, but I missed my chance to sign up. It'd be really helpful if I had a tutor to guide me. When building a team for competitive battling, my intent is not to have the strongest and best Pokemon, but to go off of a theme while still making it viable. It just spices it up for me and makes playing more fun when I actually use Pokemon I like and want to use.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I've been more of a lurker than a poster. I have very limited knowledge about competitive battling, so I don't have much to input in some threads. I have really only been posting RMT's and Showdown replays for the time being.

Username:Kavatika
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:[Drac]Kavatika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST (GMT-5) I am on sometime between 4 pm and 8 pm Sun-Thurs, and anywhere between noon and 10 pm on Saturday and Fri on a typical schoolweek.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been playing Pokemon since 2005ish. I've been active on Serebii since early 2011, and have been in several clans. I'm really smart and an exceptionally quick learner.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes

But wait! I have such a low post count! Why should I be eligible? I have only recently joined Smogon, but as stated I have been in Serebii for a while and am not a complete noob on a forum.

My performance in competitive Pokemon has always been well below average, I rarely get past the first round in any tournament, and have been a liability in any clan wars. I have the capacity and the commitment to get better, I have just never been able to improve on my own merit. I think that having a tutor to help me along would be a huge boon, and I can get more familiar with Smogon's environment in general along the way.

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: weekdays most likely or maybe the weekends if i'm lucky. 2:30AM-9:00PM Usa, Pacific
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a freshman that wants to improve his battling/team building skills in competitive Pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure why not?

Was skipped in Round 69 and 70 (SevenDeadlySin had a very busy life and had no time to tutor me. Not even once. Sent pm's weren't always replied to. Windsong quited for round 70)

Username: Moony
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Moony
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, Weekdays, after 3PM, Weekends, 9 AM on Saturday, 1 PM on Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Just an average guy, just looking to get better at BW2 OU, need help on teambuilding and the metagame.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup.
Why less than 25 posts?: I'm mostly a lurker, I don't really have much to add to anything on here, hope that will change.

Username: Venom2U
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: n/a
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific 4 pm to 1 am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU or BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't been really active in pokemon for a year and would like to get back in so I thought I would like to learn to battle. I only play through the story in most of the gens and I wanted more of a challenge.
Less than 25 posts: I don't know if I deserve to be tutored since this is my first post so I'll leave that up to the tutors. All I can say is I want to learn because I'm trying to decide if there is anything after 5 Gens that will make me want to get into another gerneration. Which for me means not only buying another game but also a whole new system just to play one series.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Username: Viddax89
Pokemon Showdown: Viddax89
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MW: 4:00pm-onward. T: 8:00pm-onward. F: 1:00pm-onward. Weekends are generally open but it varies weekend to weekend. EST.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student that got into competitive battling last fall and really want to improve. I got pretty good among my friends but I have a lot of room to improve when it comes to playing on the PS ladder. My biggest weaknesses are probably building solid teams and creating long term in-battle strategies. I want to improve in all aspects of the OU tier overall as well.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Less than 25 posts: I was on serebii for the past few years but then discovered smogon. I have been on the "black/white' side of Smogon since last fall but only got into the forum side since about a month or so ago and learned a lot from it. I look through a lot of articles but don't post because I feel that I don't have a lot of information to help out with that others haven't already posted. I don't want to post for the sake of posting; I want to post to positively contribute.

Username: RedMageCole
Age: 14 (I feel so young compared to all you 20 year olds :I)
Pokemon Showdown Username: RedMageCole
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
Central Standard Time
Monday-Thursday: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Friday: 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Saturday: 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Sunday: 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm RedMageCole, just an average Pokemon fan, I guess. I've been a fan of Pokemon for as long as I can remember, playing Pokemon Red and Gold when I was 5, and sticking with the series throughout my life. My fondest Pokemon memory was a certain Christmas when I opened a present containing my first GBA and a copy of LeafGreen. I don't think I shed more tears in my life than that.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'll try to remember, sure.

Reason why I want to be tutored even though I have less than 25 posts:
Well, after so much of playing Pokemon, I decided I wanted to play competitively. I thought I'd do really good, so I built a team. I didn't do very well with it, as it was really mixed tiers, so I joined Smogon to get a rating on it. Of course, everyone thought it sucked, and I got a lot of criticism on it, and even with making adjustments, I still kept failing often. I gave up competitive battling and left Smogon, but about a couple months ago, I got back into it. I took up NU battling, because I had set a goal for myself. Even though chances are I won't get to do it, and people might think it's a stupid goal, I want to challenge and defeat Haydunn. Knowing him, he would defeat me easily, as he has way more experience than me, so I built an NU team and used that. I battled with it, but unfortunatly I couldn't beat anyone. I tried making adjustments to it, but for me it was hopeless. So then about a week ago, I learned about Battling 101, and I decided to sign up for it. I feel a tutor, someone who is skilled in the arts of competitive battling and could really teach me, is just what I need.

Username: Jacobzilla
Pokemon Showdown Username: JackBauerPower
My Timezone and Usual Hours of Availability: GMT-5 (EST) I'm usually on for a couple hours between 4-10 P.M on weekdays, and usually free between 12 P.M.-12 A.M. on saturdays. Sundays are varied but I can usually get on for a couple hours.
What Tier do I want to Learn? BW2 UU
About Me: I'm a homeschooled junior in high school right now. I've been playing pokemon competitively for about 3 months now, and have been a member of smogon for about 1 month. When I'm not playing pokemon, I'm playing on my basketball team, doing homework, reading, or hanging with friends. I've gotten pretty good at the NU tier, but I've always had my butt whooped whenever I try to play in the higher tiers, namely OU and UU. I'm definitely intrigued by UU, so I'm hoping a tutor can help me improve, mainly in teambuilding and battle prediction.
Am I willing to do a Tutee Talk Thread? Sure.
Why I'm under 25 posts: Well, I'm still relatively new to the competitive pokemon scene, so I tend to try and stay under the radar a bit and lurk. To be honest I'm a little intimidated by everyone here and their vast knowledge of all things pokemon, so I tend to keep my mouth shut and learn from the best. I have been growing some confidence and have been posting a few rates in the NU RMT forum, and have contributed a little bit in the CAP forums, which I find very interesting.

Thanks!

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Governess
Pokemon Showdown Username: RisingPokeStar (RPS)
Timezone and Usual Hours of Availability: GMT -6 (CST) On Mondays-Fridays, ~4:30pm-9:30pm. The Weekend time can be anything to fit these possible tutor's schedule.
What Tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello! My name is Governess, from the U.S.A. I love playing Pokemon; played it for nearly 11 years now. I'm very active with Smogon at the time; I wish to learn more about NU to learn more about Team Rating and Analysis Creating, which is the focus of my studies for Pokemon currently. I understand the gist of NU, but rating teams and writing about them is my area of improvement. During my spare time, I like to Sing, Act, Dance, write songs, or just hang out here.
Will you be willing to do Tutee Talk on your Tutors? 110% Of Course.

Thank you for looking over my application! =)

Username: Pokemazter
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemazter
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, typically from around 4pm-11pm when I don't work, pretty much all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: RU or NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon since 2011, and have evolved into a solid OU and UU player, and want to really expand on my performance in other tiers. I still have some corners to smooth out. I'm a Canadian, love hokcey, and don't own an xbox360 or ps3.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure. I'll have to look into what it actually is though.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Username: Double01
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Double01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central timezone available 6-10pm during week days all day during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Sir has agreed to be my tutor

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Don Honchkrorleone
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shido de Mizar / Algol de Perseu / Capella de Auriga / Prof. Raimundo / Ron Damón (PS); Patropi (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 Wednesday to Friday 10 AM - 5 PM, Monday to Friday 11 PM - 2 AM; all day Saturday and Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC or BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Rio de Janeiro (not a drug dealer) and play since ADV. My favorite tiers are Monotype and NU, and I'm quite good at both; and decent in RU. I like to use gimmickies and underrated Pokemon/sets because my main playstyle is to punish "predictions" from opponent. I like Yugioh, Saint Seiya, history and languages. I major in history and aspire to be a translator, voice actor and etimologist. I hate rap.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not?

I was technically skipped in round 70 because my LC tutor never contacted me nor replied any PM I sent, so I wasn't tutored at all :(

Username: FluffySk1lls
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FluffSk1lls
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (-6); 6PM to midnight on all days bar Tuesday and Thursday. Weekends, I am available from 3PM onwards.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student, as well as working part-time pretty much every day. Like the general gamut of things (sports, music, some other things), and have been into competitive battling for a few years, but re-immersing myself once more. Not formally trained in battling, but know enough, and willing to learn more to quench my competitive appetite.
Will you be willing to do tuttee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Why I should be considered with under 25 posts: I'm mostly a lurker on Smogon, checking in on the Suspect Voting threads to know what's legal, while also reading over some RMT's. I don't always have a "neat" or "ideal" way of teambuilding, and sometimes I make amateur mistakes, but I am always willing to try new methods, experiment, and test new options when applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)