Apprentice Program: Round Seventy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: PSDuckie

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PSDuckie

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually available evenings and weekends

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or BW2 UU (preferably OU)

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student, I've been playing Pokemon since Blue came out, and I used to like creating character builds for City of Heroes. After City of Heroes closed last November, I started looking for a new game to create character builds on. I never found that game, but I found something better: Pokemon. However, that does have something in common with making City of Heroes characters: I suck at it. I can complete the games, but when it comes to competitive play, I don't even know where to begin! I'm applying to this program in order to learn.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!

Username: Not Jacky
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: (too many to count - current alt is green screen)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6. Hours of availability differ greatly, but usually after 4:00 PM (16:00) is fine.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I like Pokemon, and this is the last year I'll have a lot of free time to play it (difficult course load next year). I've feasted upon strategy games for as long as I can remember, from Pokemon (duh) to Fire Emblem. I also love English - writing is an oft-overlooked art.
I consider myself a decent player in the battlegrounds, but I have difficulties in building teams. I've been skipped in several rounds thus far (here,here, here). I hate hax, and my team styles shift constantly, but right now I'm fixated on molding the perfect hail offense team.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Governess
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: RisingPokeStar/RPS (Showdown)
Timezone and Usual Hours and Availability:My Timezone is GMT -6 (CST). On Weekdays, usually after 4:30-5:00pm. On Weekends, usually anytime the Tutee sees fit to their schedule.
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello! My name is Governess, from the U.S.A. I have been playing Pokemon for a while now, and have learned so much. I'm active with Smogon, working on analysis at the moment. I love performing, whether it's acting, dancing, or singing.
Would you be willing to do to Tutee Talk Threads on your Tutor? As always, 110% yes.

(Like to quickly mention, my last tutor and I rarely met, very clashing GMT's/Timezones, so we didn't meet very often, so that sucked :c). Thank you for looking over my application! =)

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Username: aim
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Joey.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5 pretty much all day on weekends unless i have plans haha
What tier do you want to learn?: adv ou. Sir agreed to tutor me
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for a while and i heard that adv was the best gen/tiers to play so i want in :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yup

Username: The Gate Keeper
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: The Gate Keeper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, anytime usually after 3 on weekdays and whenever on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a pretty relaxed guy. I'm a highschool Junior prepping for college. I've been playing Pokemon since I was extremely young. I'm a big "American' Football fan (GO RAVENS!!!). I'm a competitive Magic: The Gathering player (Currently 1st in my state last I checked) and within reach of Top 100 in North America for the season. I'm interested in getting better at Pokemon because I really enjoy competing and playing games of all kinds.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Why I'm under 25 posts: I've been lurking around Smogon without signing up, I'm not one to post unless I have something to contribute. I finally decided to sign up when I saw this thread and hoped I could get in.

Username:baka ki eru dogura
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:prince baka
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5, evening mostly
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I love play Pokémon and read mangas,
I don't really want to play in these times (metagame sux y'know) and I hope that a tutor might make me regain the love for the game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yeah sure

Username: PinDragon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: STAN, Jessy and 라기수
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST Time Zone. Days and afternoons works the best, also days-off of work work really well (usually Wed. & Thur.).
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W or B/W 2 - OU, BL or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing Pokemon since it came out, good passed time. Enjoy the games.
Finishing my BA in College in Asian Studies with minor in Management. Married with 2 1/2 kids. Enjoy video games and good fantasy books and gardening.
I've been wanting to get into compete for a while but lack the understanding of the mechanics of the system, how to understand and utilize the situation and what is needed that what time and place. I'm really just unable to proceed any farther on my own. Need a Tutor to help me think outside of the box and understand the game and competitions better.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Username: Lulz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO: iSmashbro, Not Meeps PS: iSmashbro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, avalable usually between 11 AM and 4 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 16 year old who spent a lot of his childhood playing Pokemon, and since HGSS OU, I've wanted to become a competitive battler
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Username: CBTerrakion
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: cbt (the easiest way to find me is irc though, which i go by cbt on as well)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Weekdays: 3:30 pm-10:00 pm Weekends: 9:00 am to 12:00 am
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU (higher priority), ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old American male who enjoys NU and am a huge fan of the New York Yankees, and am signing up for this so I can learn a new non BW meta.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

Username:Touya
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO and PS: Touymato (Don't have a soddy username.)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Weekends: 5:00 to 8:00 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm entirely new to this place, and competitive battling. Seeing how I'm sorta a little rusty on competitive battling, I want to learn more.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: If I don't have homework, or anything else that'll like, disrupt my time. I will.

Username: Arkengate
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Arkengate (will make this tonight/tomorrow!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST; 3pm-12pm daily nearly.
What tier do you want to learn?: Any. UU mostly Maybe OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 24. I work as a DCI (manager) at geek squad. I play a ton of games (Sc2, Deadspace 3 atm) I also have a degree in computational biology, but the market sucks :( I live at home until august when i move in with GF, and I love dancing. >.> I love all things strategy... Read the bottom for more info :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

I have no posts, this is my first, heres why i should be picked: So, Here i am with a "gaming" GF, but she plays mostly DS games. RPGS, mostly, which I have. However, she has always LOVED pokemon. I used to enjoy red/blue when i was like 14 ha ha. Anyway, I figure "Hey, she loves games, I love games, lets try pokemon" and i go out and buy Pokemon Black 2. I also bought a 3ds XL (2, actually, cuz she deserved a new one, and so we could look cool together :p) Anyway, flash forward a month, and i beat the game. I try to fight people online, but I suck. I try to fight her and her friends, but they "out smart" me with strategy and choice of pokemon, etc. I love fighting, but hate losing. And i am too prideful to ask for help from her :p I need help learning the ins and outs of building a team, what to look for, what to stay away from... and the psychology/mind games in a fight. Too often i get stomped by a switch in. I want to be competitive, and keep up, and actually start fighting others online!

Ive been here at smogon viewing for a month or two, saw this, and never really saw an opportunity like now to make an account. I want to get into smogon community, but have been told theyre too "elitist" toward noobs, and to stay away cuz ill get banned for not being an expert. Here i am, trying :)

Username: moonbase

Pokemon Showdown Username: moonbase

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 I am available any time during the weekends, and for around half an hour after 3:00 on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old 8th grade student, that can't wait until high school. (My gradeschool sucks balls) I have been playing pokemon since I was little and have been going off and on from the game ever since. Lately, I have been getting into competitive battling, because I am a competitive person in general. I have in some ways mastered some pokemon tiers, but OU is the one that I want to be really good in. I know how to team build decently (which means that I am an half assed team builder) and I know the metagame very well. What really lacks for me is my playing skills, which is of course the most important thing. I hope that being tutored by a master in the tier can help me get to my ultimate goal of getting to over 1900 on the ladder in all the major tiers.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

Why I have under 25 posts: I am the person that lurks around, but doesn't post. I only post here to express my opinions on general topics for metagames. (if you cared to look at my posts) If I really wanted to, I could have many more posts about miscellaneous stuff, but I choose to be the silent guy that doesn't talk, until its totally necessary.

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dietcoke101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Usually from 4pm-12am
Tier wanted: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy. I'm in grade 11 in high school. I skipped a grade, so I guess I'm pretty smart. I really like Pokemon and have been playing since I was little. I was 5 when I got my first Pokemon game (Pokemon Yellow) and have played ever since, but competetively only about 1 year. I have a game from at least every generation. I really wanna learn BW2 OU, I have some experience in BW OU but none in BW2 OU. I was ok at BW OU, but not at all top-notch. I wanna step it up and maybe actually win a tournament for once. The main thing I need help with is teambuilding but since I'm new to the BW2 OU metagame, the whole run-down would be nice :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

I was skipped in round 66 and basically skipped in round 69.

Username: DustyGreen
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: DustyGreen on Pokemon Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (-6:00 GMT) Most Weekends,
Tuesdays Thursdays after 3 would probably be best but college life is flexible...sometimes
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always been a big fan of pokemon but actually haven't played a while until recently. I bought my self a 3DS this Christmas to play White 2 and I always loved competing in video games. (I'm an avid StarCraft 2 player.) So when I learned about Smogon I jumped right in and lost a lot of games but I'm starting to get the hang of it but I feel that I could do with some formal teaching.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, of course.
Why I'm under 25 posts: Well cause I just made a forum account to sign up for this. I'm always very fearful of posting on forums or trying to break into communities of games and such cause I always think I'll make a fool of myself.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: 725roy

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: 725roy

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (Central) usually 2:30 to 9:00 depending on the day. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are my weekday options, seeing as I'm busy most Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekends also work really well.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a studious guy from Minnesota who does legitimate Let's Plays and I want to get better at battling. I started playing Pokemon for fun during Emerald, and caught every Pokemon on fifth anniversary of playing. I also play certain series' like Mario, the Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, as well as some othe stuff. I have a 3.945 GPA, and for what I'm doing in high school, I'd say that's pretty good. I like to work hard on things that interest me, and I like to be able communicate with my peers, especially of they're trying to communicate with me. I am very cooperative, but occasionally I do slip, but its rare. I'm also an honors student and a varsity tennis player. That said, I hope to learn a lot here!

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: After looking it over, definitely. It's a great idea.

*Username*:Mylo Xyloto
*Age*:15
*Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username*:Xylo
*Your timezone and usual hours of availability*:GMT+2 im avaliable on weekends and can be on irc during the week.
*What tier do you want to learn?*:DPP OU / BW2 NU
*Tell us a little about yourself*:Well i love music. I like pokemon.
*Will you be willing to do*tutee talk
*threads on your tutors?*:Uhm sure?

Username: Limititations
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PS: Limiting
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6:00 Central & Canada. Will be available most nights, however it will vary as my work schedule does. weekends are usually good during the afternoon. again there will be some variation, as I am a college student and working.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I am 22 years old, and am a student majoring in Computer Information Systems. Some of my interests include programming (it is my major after all), music, i used to be in band as a percusionist in highschool. Other games i play when i'm not playing pokemon include, Call of Duty MW3, I can't stand black ops. I also play Dofus, a french strategy game that I started playing with friends a few years back. I have been interested in pokemon since I was a little kid, however i did not take interest in it competitively until a year or so ago. I
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes I will.

I am under 25 posts as i feel i lack a lot of the in-depth knowledge that should be given in RMT's of why one pokemon or move set should be chosen over another, or how team symmetry helps with certain pokemon threats, this is more so in Ubers, as i have little knowledge in that tier what so ever. reasons on why I am not active on other threads, is generally by the time I get to them what I have to say has already been said, and in most cases I would rather not clutter an already cluttered thread with reposts of an idea. Also while I am not new, as a user, my activeness and getting involved with threads along with getting on PS is very new, as I am still trying to get used to all the threats that have been introduced and the ever shifting metagame.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Username: Danmire
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Danmire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, past 9 AM on MWF, but I have swimming everyday from 3 PM to 7 PM. I'm also free Saturdays(after 10 AM) and Sundays(all day) and every Thursday before 3 PM. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am free after 7 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently studying to be a Wildlife Vet (after a long decision to drop Architecture) I'm a very calm and collected guy who's very easy to talk to and I can get taught easily.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yessir

I wasn't tutored at all last round due to my tutor being busy with tournaments I guess

Username: relaunched
Pokemon Showdown Username: rijsttafel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM, GMT -8. These are the best times, though any time outside of 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM works well enough.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU or OU, preferably the former.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for about 5 months. Mostly I've just lurked on Smogon, reading a lot of articles and posts. I really enjoy competitive gaming in general, and play tournament Scrabble rather well. I am not very good at Pokemon but it is a fascinating game and I would like to get better, hence Battling 101.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: For sure.

Username: SubakSupreme
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SubakSupreme, Monsey
Your timezone and hours of availability: GMT-5 weekdays: free from 3pm-5pm/8:30pm-10:00pm. weekends: free
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: besides playing pokes I enjoy participating in martial arts and getting large at the gym. i,m a big fan of all sorts of anime series and like other kids my age i enjoy hanging out with friends.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ah yeah

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
Username: Kadew
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kadew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, hours I can be available are monday-thursday from 7pm to 11pm, and pretty much the entirety of friday/saturday 10am-11pm. My schedule is pretty flexible, so whatever works for the tutor I can make room for if we schedule ahead.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a female, freshman in college, and have had a love of pokemon since some indeterminate time in childhood. Approximately four years ago I discovered smogon and lurked its forums, fascinated by the knowledge and a level of pokemon play far above my own. Since finding smogon I've wanted to break into competitive battling, but I always have anxiety and hesitancy to do so. Heck, registering to the forums alone took me four years to gather courage for.

Now, though, I want to finally break my timidness and really learn to battle properly. I've taken a few small jabs at a handful of ou matches, but I can't deal with stumbling around blindly through teambuilding, the real threshold of entering the battle, so I shy away again. Even with lifting a team out of RMTs, the battle itself I feel I could really use the assistance of a tutor to help me find confidence and knowledge to truly be capable in this excellent community smogon has fostered.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Username:lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt-8, 6-8pm weekdays, 12-8pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU, if that's not available bw2ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I had started learning dpp ou 2 rounds ago with my tutor, and I would like to continued to be tutored in the tier. I still need to learn alot about the metagame and the teambuilding in general.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
I was skipped last round.

Username: Coupe de Boule
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Coupe de Boule or Jozin z Bazin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, usually available after 6pm my time
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing 3 years ago but competitively only for about year and a half. I really need help in teambuilding and I want to learn how to play stall. I am a chess player irl.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah

I am under 25 posts because I am not skillful enough to post in the RMT forum so my only posts are in Tournaments in which I started participating here only recently - I was mainly a PO guy.

Username:Darknesscrusher
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Pokémon Showdown: Darknesscrusher
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+1, most of the day, but mostly the end of days and the whole day in weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Pokémon, and all that's around it. I'm kinda new to the whole competitive schene and I want to learn new things about all that. Videogames are my hobby, and I like doing roleplays, although I'm not really doing one now. I also do field hockey, and I come from the Netherlands.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Why do I have less then 25 posts: Because I don't think I can say enough, and because I'm not long enough member of the competitive pokémon schene to say anything productive about it.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8. All weekdays (but thursday) from 3-11pm and for weekends usually the whole time I'm awake.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm double majoring in psychology, lurk around the boards too much, and plan to get x/y in october. Also go to the same college as tfc.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes sir

Skipped the last 6 rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)