Apprentice Program: Round Seventy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Swine Flow
Pokemon Showdown username: Swine Flow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone is GMT+1, usually available 6-12 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU, RU or UU. UU preferred.
Tell us a little about yourself: I played a little DP a few years back, before becoming a bit unhinged from the metagame. Now I'm just someone looking to plant his feet somewhere.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutor?: Naturally.
Why you have less than 25 posts: I joined primarily to apply to this program. I didn't think I had a lot to say until I found my bearings, something I think this program will help me with. Also social group posts don't seem to count towards your post total.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: BROStime
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BROStime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 Usually available from 5pm to 10 pm and nearly all the time in the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers / OU / UU / RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a guy from Norway that is working as an car mecanic. Im 18 years old and I have played pokemon my whole life started competively around july last year. I also love skateboarding, food, football and friends, im an person with a lot of energy and is easy to talk with. Im also a fast learner.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Ojama agreed to tutor me.

Username: Chieliee
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Chieliee/woopdeedoop/tons more
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, i'm usually home from school 4pm, 10:30pm is bedtime but homework and stuff might make it irregular
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a guy from the netherlands. I like listening music/watching anime/playing flash games etc etc. I think most of you know me since i've been in the community for a while now, and think i'm a good lc player (which i'm not, lol). Because of an overdose of free time i decided i wanted to learn bw2 ou. I've done BW OU in the past, so i do have a bit of pre-knowledge or something.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yea

Vinc2612 has agreed to tutor me

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Username: Level 51
Age: 14.6684931506849315068493150684931506849315068493150... (as of day of posting)
Pokemon Showdown! Username: Level 51
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 5pm - 7pm weekdays, 1pm - 9pm weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: Since I started competitive battling in late 2011 I have never been very good at what seems to be everyone's favorite tier, OU, and have studiously avoided laddering in OU. However, I do enjoy dabbling in most of the tiers and thus feel compelled to take up OU. Hence my application which you are reading now.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Probably, depends on whether I have time (which I should...)

Skipped over in Rounds 67 and 68, and missed Round 69.

Username: ReshiRampage
Pokemon Showdown username: ReshiRampage
Your timezone and usual hours availability: GMT+1 I won't have internet access from February 11th to February 15th because i'm going on vacation. Otherwise, I'm pretty much available at any time during the weekends as well as 4PM-9PM on most weekdays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Sweden ( but I live in Belgium because my mom works there) I've played pokemon since 3rd gen and and last year I discovered EVs. After that I discovered Smogon and Pokemon Showdown.
I've been playing a lot lately but i've had trouble with making good teams.I hope that my teambuilding skills will improve with the help of a skilled player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Most likely
Less than 25 posts: I mostly just look around trying to pick up some tips. I never have anything good to say.

Username: HuntSaboteur
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: I have quite a few alts, but I'll use Homusubi for Battling 101 purposes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. Usually around some time between 7pm and 9pm but times vary.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Where do I start? I'm quite a few things. RU battler, Japanophile, aikidoka, and of course the leader of the Smogon democratic movement of late 2012. But don't worry, I won't start going political all the time on B101! As far as Pokemon goes, I might need a "test" on the basics of RU, but I've been playing the tier since its conception so I'm pretty advanced, just not formally advanced.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Possibly, if I have the time... ka mo shirenai.

I was skipped last round.

P.S. For those of you who thought that I had a penchant for Poké-bestiality due to my last application, I don't, OK? I meant to say I had a douraku about Entei, meaning obsession/strong interest.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Novaray
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ebeast is a Faget, She's Probably Sexting, croaker
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, all day 24/7
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm chill dude in college getting wet and just relaxin. I hope to learn enough RU to be the tier leader after this round. In my spare time, I enjoy eating Girl Scout Cookies, mostly Samoas. Other hobbies include Pokemon, Facebook, and listening to music on Itunes/Spotify (if I'm too lazy to torrent it).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: y

Molk has agreed to tutor me.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Don Honchkrorleone
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Literally the name of all golden and bronze saints of Saint Seiya in portuguese / Prof. Raimundo / Ron Damón (PS); Patropi (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 Wednesday to Friday 11 AM - 5 PM, Monday to Friday 11 PM - 2 AM; all day Saturday and Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC or BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Rio de Janeiro and play since ADV. My favorite tiers are Monotype and NU, and I'm quite good at both; and decent in RU. I like to use innovative (read: gimmicky) sets/tactics that often involve mind games and element of surprise. I tried both LC and Ubers once but I could never succeed nor creating a successful team on those. I like Yugioh, history and languages. I major in history and aspire to be a translator, voice actor and etimologist.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not?

Username:The Unlucky one
Pokemon Online/Shoddy/PS username(s): superwii64cube
Timezone and hours of availability: 2pm-9pm weekends gmt+8. 5pm-9pm weekdays.
What Tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Been trying to establish a good skill in a vast majority of metagames. Wanna refresh my knowledge on the past gens for Smogon Tour.
Willingness to post on Tutee Talk Threads: Sure.

Harsha has stated that I have priority this round due to timezone issues in the previous round.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Enguarde and Tabaluga. (Mainly)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Enguarde and Tabaluga. (Mainly)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +11 and 24/7 usually, but will be able to give prior notice before I'm not available.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC, BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently living in Melbourne Australia studying Medical Imaging, have been playing competitive pokemon for over a year now dabbling in all of the fifth gen tiers bar LC, and would love to learn it, but I'm finding it difficult to grasp. I also haven't played RU since BW2 came out would love some pointers on getting back into it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FireMage / Limited / Bland
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - Available most of the time. Typically better during the day - Quite happy to stay up for some of the more difficult timezones.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW(2) UU / OU (UU preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 20 years old. I've a keen interest in Psychology, Computing and Cooking - three completely different areas of interest. I'm easy-going and try to be as accommodating as I can to different groups of people. I get along with all types of people and I've been told I'm quite quirky. I also suck at introducing myself.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah.

Requesting Bloo if he's available.

Username: Adrobiel
Those Other Usernames: Adrobiel (probably xD)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 7:30 p.m. – 12 a.m. GMT +8
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers / OU / UU / RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I was a late starter of the Gen 5 series with only recently been interested in building teams and competing and breeding. At the moment I am struggling to build a team, with not a lot of knowledge of how best to compliment certain builds etc.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
<25 posts: I recently found smogon, reading posts trying to find a few answers and have just recently decided to join the forum. If I can pass any knowledge down to people who need it I am more than happy to share.

Username: Alexander
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Alexander, _Alexander_
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, from 2 PM to 4 PM and from 19 PM to 23 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a boy from Italy, Roma and I play since two years.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: Mr. cookies
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mr. cookies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, from 3 PM to 6 PM and from 23 PM to 1 AM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Spanish guy whos been playing pokemon for 3 years now. Currently in high school.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Why should even I have less than 25 posts?: Smogon is such an impressive community, everyone here seems to know much more about pokemon than me. Thats why even though I've been in Smogon for years I had never made an account: I didnt feel like I could aport anything. Thats why I want to learn from the best players.

Username: AerialLight
PS Username: AerialLight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 4-6 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I got tutored in round 69 except I only had 35 minutes with my tutor so I'm applying again. I want to learn the game better and also become more involved in the Smogon community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username: Flaresun
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Flaresun and Sunflash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4, Monday-Friday: 2 pm - 10 pm, Saturday: 13 am - 3 am, Sunday: 9 am - 10 pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 18 year old russian girl studying for a journalist and dreaming to move out of this country ASAP. I started playing pokemon when I got Leafgreen 10 years ago and discovered Smogon during the end of DP. When NU appeared, it was the tier that interested me most, and I'm trying to improve my battling skills&
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Username: Atoni
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Atoni/brbr
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -2 atm, and i'm available between 18:00 to 22:00 almost everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Rio de Janeiro, i like pokemon, sports and that's it lol
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Y

Username: Orpheus
Pokemon Showdown Username: orpheus
Your timezone:Standard time zone:UTC/GMT -6 hours No daylight saving time in 2013Time zone abbreviation:CST - Central Standard Time
Usual hours of availability
: Monday - Friday 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / UBERS
Tell us a little about yourself: I am working for a non-profit organization as an intern, i am a systems engineer and i started playing pokemon in a competitive way two years ago. I am a very dedicated player who is seeking #1 in OU and UBER ladder, i want to learn everything my tutor has to offer me and i will try to be a good student and not let him down in any circumstances.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Username: thatsmylatios
Pokemon Online: TML.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. I am widely available I would rather make a schedule with tutor
What tier do you want to learn?: UU/RU
Tell us a little about yourself: From Wales, I study computer stuff. I like football.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Username: Terraquaza
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Terraquaza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: wednesday and all the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC or BW2 OU, but mainly VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: i live in germany and like playing videogames, do something with my buddies and i want to get better for the vgc
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

ala - NannyCakes [BW OU]
BKC - AlphaWolf [BW OU]
blarajan - HuntSaboteur [BW RU]
Delko - Treecko37 [BW OU]
Django - Mylo Xyloto [BW NU]
dragonuser - The Gate Keeper [BW OU]
DTC - Dr Ciel [BW NU]
Elevator Music - Empoof [BW LC]
Fiction. - Danmire [BW Ubers]
Giga Punch - BlackRussian [BW UU]
Go10 - Haruno [BW Ubers]
H-C - moonbase [BW OU]
Hellpowna - PinDragon [BW OU]
HSA - BROStime [BW Ubers]
Huntofthelion - Nutrix [BW OU]
Iss - Don Honchkrorleone [BW LC]
JabbaTheGriffin - CBTerrakion [ADV OU]
Jirachi - PSDuckie [BW OU]
kokoloko - Hawkstar [BW UU]
kokoloko - blaziken662 [BW UU]
Moet - iiZqHD [BW OU]
Molk - Governess [BW RU]
Ojama - soulless shadow [BW OU]
PDC - braveswin11 [BW OU]
prem - Enguarde [BW LC]
Raseri - jmorris [BW NU]
Seven Deadly Sins - lokt [DPP OU]
Sir - The Unlucky one [ADV OU]
Skynet - default NNC [BW OU]
TEzeon - herewegoagain [BW OU]
Vinc2612 - YungHungCrock [BW OU]
Zebraiken - Chieliee [BW NU]

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The battling 101 staff has made posts in each tutee's thread regarding any further questions we have. Please look at your thread to see if we asked you any additional questions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)