Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to round 63 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

Username: Red Machine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Psychotorrent/ Red Machine.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, most days (summer)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love basketball and Ultimate Frisbee and still need to sharpen my skills, so I need more tutoring, and a little help in UU couldn't hurt.

Delko or Nachos please?

Username: trollmonchan
Shoddy Username: trollmonchan.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, all day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: hi

bkc agreed to tutor me yere

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Mostwanted

Username:
Psych071c
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Psych071c
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (PST), availible 5-12 PM weekdays and am flexible during the weekend
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old high school junior who enjoys playing basketball, Xbox, hanging out with friends, and of course, playing pokemon. I have been involved in the lower tiers for the past several months and I am a UU senator. I have been wanting to get into the tournament scene for some time, but most tournaments are in the OU tier, a tier that I have no experience in whatsoever. Through this tutoring process I hope to become involved in OU tourneys and the OU community at large. I would appreciate if I was assigned a tutor who knows the ins and outs of tournament battling, but honestly it would be an awesome experience to learn from any seasoned OU player!

My previous tutor, Windsong, was never availible and he quit Smogon after the first tutoring session.

Username:Scubasteve23
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Scubasteve23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time. Available very frequently
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 18 year old high school graduate and have been playing since I got red and blue as a birthday gift when it first came out. I don't participate much in the forum because I feel like there's very little I can contribute and that's why I want to learn more. I've always been told I'm a very quick learner and can take constructive criticism very well.

Skipped in round 62

Assigned to Huntofthelion

Username: Griff
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: boom its wilechase
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST after 4 PM in summer
Tell us a little about yourself: I had a previous tutor (IFM) but we both were really busy and I feel I sort of let him down. In the summer I have much more free time so I feel I could use a tutor. I feel like I have good potential as a battler but need a little extra help. My intrests are the same as mosts teenagers, sports and video games. I love to play basketball and I play PG. Video games I enjoy are Assasins's Creed COD and Pokemon
Can I request stone cold because i love him in a non homo sexual way

Username: Caleb121
Pokemon Online username: Caleb121
Timezone and usual hours of availability: EST usually available after work from 8 pm EST to 11pm EST.
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college baseball player and student. I've been an avid Pokemon player and battled competitively somewhat back on the shoddy system with DPP OU, which is when I was first introduced to smogon. Before I lost my email in favor of my current email I participated as much as I could in the actual community but was never a serious battler. All my attempts at creating teams or competing seemed to fall just short of what I wanted. Now that I have the free time and energy and availability to sign up for this program I would be more than happy to be able to learn to be a competent and serious battler. I am, in all facets of my life, extremely motivated and driven when I set my mind to something and would treat this the same way.
Less than 25 posts:
I have had more than 25 posts on a previous account that was lost. As I mentioned I have followed smogon for a while now. When I went to college my time was very much tied up and taken away so I've just now been able to get back into the swing of things. As an individual I am extremely coach able and easy to communicate with. I have tried before to get into tutoring but never seemed to catch the threads at the right time but this time I definitely stalked the forums for it. I've loved Pokemon for quite some time and really look forward to hopefully being able to participate.

Assigned to SkyNet

Username:
Rairyan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Rairyan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt and whenever really, since it's the summer.
Tell us a little about yourself:I am 19 years old and i have played pokemon since pokemon yellow, I love entering pokemon tournys such as the smog tour.

Why should i be tutored: The reason i only have less than 25 posts because i only use smogon for tournys to help me become better, i am quite a good battler but i think i could improve a lot more with help and to better in smog tours which then i could become more active in smogon.

Got skipped in round 62

Assigned to San_Pellegrino

Username:
ThatsMyLatios
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:EthanBC / ThatsMyLatios / Thats My Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+0 / Everyday from 8pm except Thursday and Friday
What tier do you want to learn?:HGSS OU AND/OR ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself:My name is Ethan and I have been tutored
before in BW OU. Since then I have improved my game and I want to become
involved in Smogon Tours so I need to learn 4th and 3rd gen so I can become
a stronger competitor. I do sometimes play 4th gen on Beta and Smogon server
so I have an idea of whats good and whats not, but I certainly need help
with TeamBuilding. In 3rd gen OU I have zero experience and so I feel a
tutor is needed for me to achieve my goals as a competitive battler.

Username:TheDrawingPolitoed
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:HadonIchigo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central USA. Available all day everyday!
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 14 year old boy going into highschool in the fall. Ive been playing Pokemon since Platinum was released and im pretty good at it.I love drawing of course and plan to finish the 1st generation by the end of the year! I can beat friends with a large win margin but with other players that follow Smogon rules im always missing that extra something.I want to learn from the kind tutors of Smogon and increase my battling skill!
Why I should be chosen:Im new to competitive battling and i want to master the art of it!I enjoy Smogon rules and im very obedient when it comes to learning so no problems would be given! I want to learn from the Smogon tutors and someday give back to the community of Smogon!

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Lamppost

Username:Shuckle4ubers
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Shuckle4ubers/shuckieee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: various times through the day untill Tuesday then available all day
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18 years old, I Reside in Canada. I am a mod from the PL server and a voiced user on pokemon showdown. An avid softball player who has represented my country on 2 occasions. I just want to become better at OU and I will do whatever it takes, Specifically stall, I've always been a HO player, but as well all know stall wins game

Mosquiton

Tette
Assigned to Delko

Username:
Mosquiton
PokémonOnline/Shoddy Username: Mosquiton
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm available at almost any time
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm an Italian player since april 2010. I started learning to play the RNG of DP with the help of BitterLemon.
I love playing wi-fi with the DS and i like shiny pokémon hunting in 3rd generation versions.
But wifi isn't everything, I would like to fight with the top dog of the simulator, which is by far more competitive, difficult and fun, however since dp I haven't gained a good grasp of BW, since they are so many playstyles in it.
oh jesus.. if only nintendo gave us a decent spinner..

Delko agreed to tutor me

Assigned to Nachos

Username
: Psycho Cut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [CG] Psycho Cut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1. I'm free most of the time, exams are finished now. I may be out during the day sometimes, but should be free almost all evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I enjoy most sports, especially Athletics, Swimming and Football (Soccer). Exams are finished now, so I'll pretty much always be in a good mood! I'm following the Euros closely too, so it'd be great to talk about that whilst Tutoring.

I have been assigned a Tutor twice before, early on in the year, but I never got much out of the system. My first Tutor was "never on" and with my second we hardly managed to build a team, I didn't improve at all. I still hear so much good press about B101 though and I really want to improve, so I figured I'd give it a go again and hopefully I can see why B101 is so highly revered!

Assigned to reyscarface

Username
:Rwhite84
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:[SD] Rwhite
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Est All day since summer usually 9AM to 11 PM (Sad right?)
Tell us a little about yourself:Hey I'm Rwhite84 my name comes from the football player Roddy White. I play pretty much every tier, but im most interested in learning OU. I specalize in Monotype yet i still tend to struggle in OU so i signed up for this to improve my skills. Before the ladder reset I was #1 in monotype. I prefer to work with offensive teams. My strengths are: Predictions, and Surprising sets. My weaknesses are Stalling and teambuilding.

I signed up in rounds 62, 60, and 59 where I didn't get a tutor, and I missed round 61

Assigned to Go10

Username: dragonboy52
Shoddy Username: dragonboy52
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+3 9Am-4PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Pokemon fanatic hoping to improve his OU skills.

Username: Tizio Potente Ao
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Tizio potente ao_
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm gmt +1 but I'm available at almost any time
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an occasional player here on Smogon and PO server, the advent of BW left me a little shocked, by so much playstyles avaiable, and that damn volturn, which I truly hate it, I don't think I'm very bad, however, I know that I can become better by obtaining a better grasp of bw insight, by seeing playstyles and ''new tactics'' that could change the metagame.

Got skipped in round 62

Username: El Rey
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: El Rey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I go on when I can, usually around 7:00 PM GMT-5
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into competitive battle since July 2011 and found it very entertaining. I would like to learn more about battle strategy and team building. I lurk around smogon at times, to check out new strategy's. My first pokemon game is Pokemon Yellow, and since then, I've enjoyed the pokemon games. I'm pretty calm, I don't get mad over lost battles, and yeah that's it.
Why Should I Be Tutored (Less Than 25 Posts): I really want to get better at the game, and getting a tutor would be the best way to improve. I'm at a spot where I can't seem to improve, and I really want to change that. If I do get a tutor, I'd take it 100% seriously and try my best to not let my tutor down. I Have under 25 posts because at the time I just feel like I should learn more about BW OU before posting.

Assigned to BKC

Username:
MrChar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mr.Char
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: from 10 am to 1:00 am gmt +1
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing the bw metagame since few weeks, however I think there is something that I don't quite grasp it, it would be a honor for me, being tutored by Smogon elites.

Username: CountXero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CountXero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: On US Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4). Will be available all weeknights (6:00pm or later) as well as weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am beginning my first year of medical school in August. I have been playing Pokemon on the Smogon server for a few months, and I'm looking to take my game to the next level. I could use help in team building, in-battle strategy, and prediction. I have only posted one other time on the Smogon forums; this is because I am not a experienced battler and don't think I should be posting uninformed opinions, especially in a community of such great players.

Username: Master Fash
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Master Flash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: mostly all after noon st GMT+8
Tell us a little about yourself: I usually go by the name Chuck. Im terrible at spelling but im a half decent battler, but I have alot more to learn which is why im signing up :3

Why I have under 25 Posts:
Simply because ive felt that i could never contribute something important and making an RMT has never really appealed to me because none of my teams are really special at all. Hopefully if I do get a tutor and I do improve then ill be able to contribute.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username
: airhawk
Pokemon Online Name: AirHawk
Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), between 5:30pm - 11:59pm, 12:00am - 1am (For duration of summer)
Tier want to learn: BW OU

Why I have under 25 Posts
I have under 25 posts because: I'm am relatively insanely new to this all. I learned about Smogon from a friend who used Smogon's RNG guide. He led me to the site to learn how to get the pokemon I liked as powerful as they could be without cheating. I have yet to learn how to do this properly, but along the way I learned other things from Smogon. Recently, after hunting around the site and finding some really good guides on pokemon such as leads and such, I was able to create an " O-kay" team. But I know the team has plenty of flaws. Although I have read more than half of the OU tier's pokemon's descriptions, I still have yet to learn how to properly use any of them. I am willing to actually spend time and better my skills, and now that the summer time is here, would love to become acquainted with those that already have the skills. I havent posted anything on Smogon because I felt my posts would be 100% wastefull. I don't know the metagame well, know what synergy is but don't know how to properly implement it, only know how to use a couple leads, don't know much about anti-leads or anything of the sort. Forgive me for this being so long, but I wanted to give a proper explanation as to why I havent posted. In all honesty, I would not like to say I "should" be tutored. I would love for the oppurtunity to learn and truly desire it, but if there's someone out there who needs it more, I would be okay with that. I would also really love to become a contributor to the smogon site. I don't want to just take away from it all and not come back, I would like to be able to learn more, learn other tiers, help other people, RNG PROPERLY and so on. I've only posted in the forum based upon the Nuzlocke Challenge, because i'm participating in that.

Tell us a little about yourself:
16 year old going into senior year next year. I've literally been playing pokemon since before I was born (Mom played it as well :D) and love the game. However pokemon is not my entire "life". I love to get together with friends and do all sorts of fun things, chat via IM or txt or sometimes phone call, ride my bike participate in sports and events and pretty much try and be as social as I can without being overbearing. I like to listen to what others have to say and put other's troubles above my own (which is a problem, yes I know). As I mentioned before, I would love to get to know the Smogon community more, hopefully I won't just be learning from you all.

Username: ShayMinerva
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ShayMinerva
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern 7-10
What tier do you want to learn?: UU or OU
Why I only have 4 posts: I am new to the forums, but in time I hope become an active member.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a junior in high school, I play soccer, and I am a girl. My brother got me interested in pokemon when he bough me the heartgold game and after that I just learned to love strategy and complexity that comes with it. Because I am new to the forums, online battle is a little different and I would like to get much better at the metagame

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Giga Punch

Username:Kiyo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: P.Y.T.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 10am-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: The name's Connor and I've been lurking around the forums and battling on PO for the past few months now and I feel like I've peaked at least with my own teambuilding skills and knowledge of the metagame, some help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to get better at the game to be competitive in tournaments, and make the game more fun for me overall.

Username: FeedMeJake
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PO - FeedMeJake/JakeSpectrum
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5), 5 P.M. - 10 P.M.
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU and RU if possible
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been having a hard time adjusting to the current OU scene as I've taken a break for a couple of months and have been playing UU. I feel that when I play OU I make mistakes that I shouldn't and my thought process isn't always complete.

I have less than 25 posts because I only signed up to smogon a week a go, but I've been using the website for sets and finding out things about pokemon and so on, I'm not all new to the scene, but I've only been playing completive since the start of 5th gen, mostly UU though.

Username: Gigashark
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -Gigashark-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 and 10:00am-3:00pm on weekdays
Tell us a little about yourself: I just want to get better, and learn more about a lot of other ways to play BW OU. I don't really get mad about losing as long as I improve from the match. I've been playing since I traded my Red Rescue Team to my friend for a Pokemon Sapphire. I only started playing competitively last year though, and I know there's a lot of room for improvement for me.

Reason(Less than 25 posts): I have been using Smogon to learn more about Pokemon sets and how to build teams, even if I never posted before. I've tried to get better, but it's at a point where I should get a tutor to become even better. I'm familiar with a lot of battle styles already, but I still feel like I'm new in this whole competitive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)