Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to StevenSnype

Username: Dracule Mihawk
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dracule Mihawk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 6pm-10pm most weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 18, free for the summer after finishing my last exam, and I want to learn DPP as I find it more interesting than BW OU :)

Steven Snype has agreed to tutor me.

Username: branhoff
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HeBoDun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time. from 2-10
What tier do you want to learn?: Either OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Finance Major at Evangel University. I competitively run track and Cross Country at the collegiate level for the NAIA. I first started playing Pokemon last summer and came to respect the complexity. I have been trying to teach myself for some time and I have made improvements, but I could stand to have a tad bit more help.

I recently just joined the forum, though I have used Smogon's articles and guides for some time. In time, I believe you will come to see that I will be a very active member here on the forums. I recently submitted a UU team to be critiqued. I'm probably a little older than the average player, but I think in some ways I'll have an advantage to my younger peers. Most importantly, I am responsible. Assuming that I receive a tutor, I will be online at the scheduled time everyday to practice and get better. I hope that I am considered despite my relative "noobness" to the game.

I have been using Pokemon Online for the last few months with success.

Thank you :)

Username: mesohardy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: hardy son
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (US), 12 pm - 12 am on most days. GMT (-5)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, second choice would be UU if OU isn’t viable.
Tell us a little about yourself: College student that just recently got into competitive battling. I like the strategy and prediction involved in this game, it is really fun. I just want to improve my skills and overall knowledge of the game and get better. I feel like I am decent, but have a long way to go. I love all sports and also enjoy playing other games like halo reach and mine craft. I like working with people and am extremely coach-able and actually prefer honest criticism. I LOVE PLAYING STALL, but like other playstyles too.

I was one of the first people to sign up for the last round (round 62), but still got passed up.

Email: mr.hardyy@gmail.com

I have under 25 posts but I can assure you that I am always on this site, I love the rmt sections and reading about warstories and tournament results. I love playing this game and am a dedicated player. I listen well and I plan on being a more active member in the community as far as posting goes.

Assigned to SOMALIA

Username:
Ricky Horror
Pokemon Online Name Ricky Horror
Your time zone and usually hours of availability: GMT-5 I am available 2 P.M to 10 P.M everyday after work, but available 9 A.M to 9 P.M on off days. *Usually off days during the week. *
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us alittle about yourself:
I'm into skating it's my main thrive in life. I like post-hardcore bands and 80's shit of course. Third year in college for Forensics. I'm a calm collected person. I observe more then I care to speak. Lastly I've fucking loved Pokemon since that Yelllow version :p
Reason why I should be tutured: I've been in the lurks of the forums not posting much, although I have gained an interest in this site. Reading RMTs and Analysis nearly everyday for hours on end. Competively I've peaked as high of 200s on the Smogon server. I just find my teams struggling to more seasoned players. Once I gain a better edge of the Meta I feel like I can post my thoughts more efficiently as well as contribute to the site.

SOMALIA Has Agreed To Tutor Me.

Assigned to macle

Username:
BloodBerry
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ShadowSheikah
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 2 pm - 10 pm EST Monday-Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Pokemon fan since I was 4 years old. I know all competitive battling terminology but in terms of making teams and strategies I have very little experience

Username: manav95
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MANAV
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time (US), 12-6pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an Indian american who joined Smogon 2 years ago. I have just returned and gotten back into the game. I am having problems winning and need tutoring. I would love to get in.

Skipped in Round 62

Username: FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Final Legend Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) Monday and Wednesday 8:30 am - 3:30 pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 1:15 – 3:30 pm *cannot begin until the 30th*
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning. I want to battle competitively, but my performance in 4th Gen was quite lackluster. The tutor I was assigned to in Round 61 never contacted me, and the one I was assigned to in round 60 couldn’t tutor me due to conflicting schedules. In addition, I was passed over last round and in rounds 55-59 (except for round 57, where I was too late to sign up). In total, I’ve waited 8 months.
Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I’ve only been a member of Smogon for about one and a half years, and most of that time was spent lurking. I don’t have any experience with 5th Gen, and based off my ladder standings, I suck at 4th Gen, so I don’t feel comfortable posting often.

theebay707

Banned deucer.
Username: Theebay707
Pokemon Online: Theebay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT – 7. Available around 4pm-9pm on weekdays, and weekends vary. But usually I’m on all day on the weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing pokemon for about a year now, High School Graduate, and I also make wonderful posts in the WCOP Thread :)

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username: Zane777
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Image
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (Cali) and 4-12 weekdays, alot on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: My real name is Zane, if im not on, im either surfing, playing ukulele or with my friends.

Username: ¬Itachi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [SS]Itachi, i use Pokemon Online
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, usually i'm avaiable every day
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi guys, I'm 19 years old, and I would like to increase my knowledge in this metagame. From the beginning, I always found interesting this metagame, because it has many combos perform in every match, new Pokemon to use, but unfortunately I was not able to develop it well, and this limits the way I fight. So, I decided to enroll in this round to improve myself as a battler, and learn a lot from the experts. Last round i wasn't tutored.

Delko agreed to tutor me.

Assigned to yee

Username: Ragestorm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Ragestorm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (currently CDT, UTC-5) - Normally anytime after 2:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student and I play soccer. I enjoy playing strategy games, first person shooters, and DotA style games.

Reason I have less than 25 posts: I started trying out competitive pokemon quite recently. I have been a lurker on the forums because I don't like making a fool of myself when talking about things I don't fully understand. I have been using the resources on the Smogon website to try to learn more, but I still feel like I have a lot to learn. I really want to learn more, so I would be very grateful if someone experienced was able to teach me.

Assigned to windsong

Username: Takeo Otori
Pokemon Online: Takeo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7; M/W 2pm-12am T/Th 11am-12am F/Sat/Sun 10am-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, Dpp OU, Adv. willing to learn anything.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently in college trying to fill the time, looking for something that will make me happy and get paid doing it too. I Draw, Write, Play Guitar, Run and Fight. The reason for my low post count is, I only speak when i feel like doing so, I could have easily just gone around and made whatever posts, but thats not me.

Requesting Windsong again, for round 61 his life turned to the worst, and had to deal with real life problems so he couldnt tutor me

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to DTC

Username: Audiosurfer
Pokemon Online: Audiosurfer
Timezone and usual hours of availibility: GMT -6 (CST). I'm availible anytime on Monday or Friday, and on Tuesdays through Thursday anytime except from 2-6.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU, BW RU, BW Ubers, or DW OU
Tell us about yourself: I love to read, watch cartoons (current fave is Legend of Korra) play Audiosurf (hence the name), hang with friends, and play strategy games among other things. I first started playing Pokemon as a kid with Pokemon Sapphire, but I recently decided to try competitive battling.
Why do you have less than 25 posts: I spend alot of time researching things related to various metagames to try and improve my skills, and also it can be difficult to contribute due to a lack of experience.

Also I was skipped in round 62
Requesting Zebraiken

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Username: Double01
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Double01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt (-5), Will be on any time in the summer and 5 est-10est during school which lasts until june 11
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been on smogon for about a year now. Outside of pokemon I love track and field and I also play football for my school. Now that it's summer I lift and hang out with my friends

Assigned to B-Lulz

Username
: Frogoholic101
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Frogoholic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: British Summer Time, on often from 8 a.m to 8 p.m
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for several years, was reasonably successful in Gen IV but this has not carried on into Gen V. I want to learn how to build a successful team in Gen V and learn how to battle well. Just finished GCSEs so I have a lot of time free.

~Username- indian
~Age-16
~PO username- indian/aman
~Timezone-GMT 5:30
~Availability- 7:00pm-9:00pm and 2:00pm-7:00pm on sundays
~Tiers you want to learn-BW OU, BW Ubers, BW NU
~About me- I am 16 years old and in 12th standard. I am studying physics, maths and want to be an engineer. I am a big pokemon fan and want to know the game more closely. I applied in round 62 but was not successful. So please choose me this time.
~Reason for less than 25 posts- i am too new to contribute much in the forums right now.

Username: DatOddish
Pokemon Online Username: DatOddish, BluePinneaple
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, 3:00PM - 11:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Was tutored by HellPowna in OU two rounds ago and had a pretty nice experience, so I wanted to try it in UU too, since those are the tiers that I have the most trouble building teams and playing in general.
Less than 25 posts explanation: Well, you know what they say, "if you don't have anything constructive/helpfull don't say anything at all". Yes, that's not how the quote really is but it's pretty precise.

Didn't manage to get a tutor last round.

Assigned to Harsha

Username
:SuckaPunch123
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Something to do with Sucka_Punch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:All the time. -3:30GMT
Tell us a little about yourself:Im a 16 year old guy who likes sports, pokemon, and chess.
Skipped in rounds 61 and 62
Requesting Harsha

Username:Metroid78
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:[CG]Met
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-4 mostly at 7 PM-10 PM but I even come on sometimes on other times
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm 14 l like pokemon and soccer supporting Spain and England for the Euro I have a red 3ds

I should be tutored because I'm not good at lots of stuff in battling like predicting.

I was skipped in Round 62

Harsha has agreed to tutor me!

IMPORTANT: We are applying for one tutor as we are both siblings and can arrange to learn at the same time. We are both learning the same strategies and can both bring our unique styles to the Smogon community.

Usernames:LostZephyr/Deathdagger
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Usernames: LostZephyr/Deathdagger
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:PST GMT-7 9am to 9 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself:

LostZephyr:

I’ve been interested in competitive battling for a while. I have made multiple teams, but I can’t seem to really grasp the mindset that competitive posts. I’ve been a Pokémon fan for about 7 years and can name any Pokémon of the first 4 generations by heart. On a side note, I’m also trying to take concepts from games and apply them to school subjects, so Pokémon is one of my first choices for math. I also write fan fiction centered on Pokemon story lines.

Deathdagger:

I recently got back into Pokemon with the help of my brother (LostZephyr). We have different battling styles but we really enjoy playing with each other as well as other players. I would love to learn competitive battling so that I can not only play to win against other players but so I can beat my brother!

Thank you very much for your consideration,
LostZephyr and Deathdagger

Assigned to Raseri

Username: RickyRaccoon
Pokemon Online Username: RickyRaccoon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 5:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU or NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m an animator. Worked on awful shows like Speed Racer: The Next Generation. Now I’m making an animated film of my own. I’ve been told the character designs are kind of like pokemon.

Since I have less then 25 posts: Been a big fan of pokemon since RBY. I’m a good listener, I’ll pass along the knowledge to future players, and I’ll make you proud.

Username: Nerdy_Guy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nerdy_Guy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12PM to 10PM (GMT -6)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've started playing Pokemon when I was about 5, started with Pokemon Blue. I have played all main-series games except Generations 2, and 3. I would really like if I can get tutored this round.
Why you have less than 25 posts: I would really want to contribute to the Smogon Forums, but since I have little knowledge of Competitive Battling I don't want to post something that sounds vague.

Skipped in Round 62

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Username:MMF
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MMF, _Death_
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 12 pm-1am
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a really good NU player and have been playing that tier for awhile and have gotten myself established there but I've always wanted to be good at OU and get into the tourny scene so I hope my tutor can help me with that. I've been tutored in OU before but I've been out of it for a while now.

Requesting Stone Cold

Username: Soviet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Soviet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, 3PM - 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: DPPt OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a guy that enjoys playing basketball, listening to music and pursuing academic goals. I am currently enrolled in college at NC State to become a chemical engineer. I have been playing pokemon competitively for about a year and a half now but still need some work on things such as teambuilding and prediction, as well as older gens. I'm really started to like offense based teams so I'd like to focus on that. I'm hoping the b101 program can do this for me.

Assigned to San_Pellegrino

Username:
Perfexionist
Pokemon Online Username: Perfexionist
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) Primarily 3 P.M. - 9 P.M., maybe more as school is out for me
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I attend high school in the Eastern part of the United States. My primary focus is academics, but I run cross country / track and am a drummer in jazz band. When I was younger I played Pokemon casually. The meta-game attracted me, but I never seriously got into it. Last fall a few runners on my cross country team were talking about Pokemon Online. That prompted me to discover the competitive side of Pokemon and led me to Smogon. I'm looking for a strategy game I can really get into, something with great depth and balance I can immerse myself in, and competitive battling may be a perfect fit for me.

I have always been interested in strategy games. I am a bit of a perfectionist - I either give something my all or don't do it at all. I am also highly competitive. I have been known to "over-think" (I personally don't think that is possible, but that is a tangent for another time :D) moves in all the games I play, whether they are casual card games with the family or more serious competitions. I'm not quite sure how to get myself established as a battler and in the community, but a tutor seems like a great way. I learn a lot from one-on-one teaching, and would be a dedicated tutee who aims to get the most out of the tutoring experience. At the moment I am pretty new to competitive battling, so I have a lot to learn. Hopefully, I can get to know my tutor as a person while I learn as much as I can about the game. While I received a tutor last round, I was never actually "tutored".

Requesting a tutor who is active and earnestly enjoys tutoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)