Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Not Jacky
PO: Not Jacky (plus a few alts)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6, 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn? BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I consider myself a decent battler (though of course I can always improve) but a terrible teambuilder. I tend to make an
absolute ton of teams every week (15 or so), and none of them are very good. I've been playing since early DP, though off-and-on. I hate grammar mistakes.
Why I should be tutored: I'm a little hesitant to post in general since I don't know a lot. I'm very active and willing to learn (of course!). Ever since
I signed up for Smogon I've had my eye on this subforum since it seems like the perfect way to learn the game.

Username: penguinmaster35
Time zone: EST: between the hours of 7am to 10pm. I do have every flexible hours.*
Tier: BW OU
About me: I'm a college student and I part time manage a business with some friends. I enjoy walking to random places and finding trees to climb. Music, besides tree climbing, brings me great joy. Oh yeah one day I will be moving to Japan.
Under25posts: Simply I just started reading Smogon related things. I did try a rate my team, but to my epic failure. I saw the battle 101 and figured this would start me off correctly in getting started playing.

Assigned to Omicron

ugh I messed up times >.>.
Username: TheMexican
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: The[M]exican
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 Usually most of the day since im on vacations
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, Im obviously a mexican, I know how to play the game, but I feel like I wanna learn some more. Also I like playing the piano, reading manga, basquetball and someother stuff.

Username: MugenHeadNinja
Pokemon Online Username: MugenHeadNinja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:1:00 PM - 3:00 AM (Saturday 1:00 PM - 10:30 PM Sunday 1:30 PM to 3:00 AM) EST
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I've never been good at this so here goes nothing. I've been playing pokemon since pokemon yellow but i didn't start competitively until mid December of 2011. I'm not really good at competitive pokemon though and have tried to get a tutor on the PO server but unfortunately because they stopped the tutoring in hopes of finding ways to get more people to join there academy channel I never got one. I'm not sure what to say other than everything I have done to get better have all been failed attempts and hope to get any tutor so i can one day be a decent competitive player. (Last thing I wanna say is if I get a tutor and an event happens that may cause me to not be on for a day or so I will do my best to let the tutor know).

EDIT: (forgot sorry) Reason I have less that 25 posts is because I just joined yesterday (6/20/12). Also I only do single battles but I most likely won't mind double battles.

Username: MXIIA
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MXIIA/MXIIA
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - between 6PM and 10 PM on weekdays and 12PM to 10PM on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I just graduated high school having taken 16 AP classes. My efforts were good enough to get me into an Ivy League school. I've been into competitive battling since the release of Gen IV (I even put this on my college applications :P) but have not gotten into Gen V at all. I am a programmer (PHP mainly), Linux enthusiast since 2008, and have a VERY math biased mind. I've earned a near perfect score on the SAT Math multiple times.

Assigned to Ray Jay

Username: Viashinomage
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: viashinomage,landon,seishun,savanderra
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:U.S.Central 10 am to 6pm excluding sundays (3 am to 11 am GMT)
What tier do you want to learn?: LC, preferably all of them, but if I had to chose BW.
Tell us a little about yourself: I just graduated High School and have a lot of spare time as i wait for college. I've been doing LC as my main tier since about march. In High School I was in JROTC all four years and have developed a distinct sense of leadership, how to lead, and how to follow. My favorite ice cream is pistachio almond. I have been playing Pokemon since i was 5 and first saw bulbasaur save ash when he was going to Saffron city. Pokemon has been my life and I've been on and off the competitive seen since i was 15, but since January I've been there pretty much the whole time. I don't have 25 posts because i'm not so much of a forum person in general. I like to spend most my time in the shadows reading what others have to say because I don't know how to respond very well. if i don't get the spot this round, you can bet your can i'll keep applying.

Username: The Offspring
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cinesra
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT-5 or 6, US central) I'm really available all day everyday, seeing as how it's summer and I have no job. Weekdays afternoons are best.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, UU, RU, NU. Preferably OU or UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Nick. I like Pokemon, music, and sleeping.

I was skipped in the past three rounds I signed up for

Username: Quickbobhero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Quickbobhero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Generally between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (GMT -5)
Tell us a little about yourself: I generally get called by Quick, I am interested in becoming better at this game and I love Infernape.

Got skipped in Round 62.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: TrollFreak
Shoddy Username: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, going to Indy soon for VGC Nats in a week, so I won't be available for a while
Tell us a little about yourself: I like battling doubles and I peaked 4th Ubers and 19th RU, but I would love to get back in the OU metagame

Username:Jets
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Jets
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern time
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself: -_-

stone agreed to take me again this round since he was unable to teach me stuff last round.

Fuck. I'm late for the signups.

Username: ChaosNebula
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: BIGEVILMONSTER/Scientist Trenton/Sir Trenton/Chief Trenton
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. 2:00-7:00 PM (I might be available in the mornings, and times may vary)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well high school is over for me. I'm interested in pokemon, and I struggle to be better. :x

Hopefully not as much people posts, there's like only 30ish spots for tutors, judging upon last round signups.

This is the first time, I posted for signups. Since everyone is doing shit in red. I should be considered!

Uh-Oh, I can't miss the sign-ups this time.

Username: Hitmonchan_for_Ou
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Motherfuckin' Oak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, and I'm usually available around 12pm - 6 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BWOU, and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Longboarder and a Freshman. I started Pokemon a year ago, but I'm in a rut, and I need to get better.

Why I have under 25 posts and still want to be tutored: I'm not one the bests around so I don't think my opinion on many fourms matter, and I usually just lurk around looking at RMTS. Even though I've been looking around on the forums I don't think that's enough though, so I want to be tutored to become much better at the game, and I want to be able to discuss things with the other players.

Username: Jibbz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jibbz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST.Any time no weekends
What tier do you want to learn?BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Sick of losing to weird pokemon who seem to be weaker than mine. I was really good at battling gold and silver then stopped playing for a long time.

Assigned to M Dragon

Username
: ThePillsburyDoughBoy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ThePillsburyDoughBoy, making my way
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5), 5pm - 11 pm EST (10 PM-4AM GMT)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (with all the new stuff coming out I have to start over!), ADV OU (always been a tier I have been fascinated by and it seems popular for tournys)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well my summer vacation just began about 2 weeks ago and enjoying the break from school and work. I run long distance track and cross country (training starts soon :o ) but enjoy playing soccer and basketball too. Can't beleive I am becoming a junior already. Got into Pokemon by watching BlameTruth's videos in fourth gen and started playing around August last year. Recently I have started getting into chess and it has a lot of similarities with Pokemon (especially endgame). I like OU more than other tiers (whoa I know) since you can always have the most options to get creative with teambuilding.

Username: ScoobyDoom
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ScoobyDoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: anytime EST; if it requires me to stay up till 4 AM ill do it.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im fairly new to pokemon, but I still feel that I need a better foundation to become well versed in BW OU. If I am given a tutor I will be very dedicated to my work as I do with everything I am a part of. I started playing pokemon in Blue version and every since then Ive been addicted to this wonderful game. Thank you in advance!

Reason for under 25 posts: With summer time's arrival ive been taking action by becoming active. Mostly I do work around my neighborhood but I also tutor in piano.

I was skipped last round, so I would appreciate any priority given over people who have been tutored last round.

Assigned to Limitless

Username: entrawarrior
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Zeni
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-3, available most of the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a person who enjoys videogames, pokemon and computers, I think this is a great opportunity to join this amazing community and learn a lot about pokemon.Also, English is not my native language.
Why you have less than 25 posts: I was a Serebii player that decided to move to smogon, because here is one of the best pokemon communities with great guides and great players.

Limitless agreed tutoring me.

Assigned to HellPowna

Username:
Ithilanor
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ithilanor
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern (GMT - 5); Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays work best for me, particularly during the evening.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in college, currently majoring in mathematics. I've always liked Pokemon, and I've been paying some attention to the competitive meta since the DPP era. I've played a bit competitively, and read a lot on Smogon and the forums, but I've only recently focused on trying to do well competitively. Aside from Pokemon, my interests include mathematics and Magic: the Gathering.
Misc. stuff: I haven't posted that much because I simply don't know enough to usefully contribute. I'd like to focus more on in-battle planning and strategy; I'm much worse at that than I am at theory. I've got plenty of spare time to devote to this, and a definite desire to learn!

If you want to look at an example of my posting/writing ability, I recently posted a warstory - it's linked in my sig.

The one time I signed up previously, in round 59, my tutor was never around.

Username: DinoDino
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [CG] DinoDino
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5:00 Anytime is fine.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to play Basketball, Pokemon, Xbox, and Football. I live in Florida. My parents are in the army one being retired and the other one still being in active duty. I do a minimal amount of traveling and love to stay up all night. I am a fast learner and a fun/cooperative person. Im recently new to Smogon tutoring and I love to play Pokemon and have played it for years, but I've never been able to fully understand the game. In all my years of playing, I think that it would be fun to finally understand and play the game more competitively. Also I only have very low postage because my friend introduced me to Smogon yesterday and I thought the first thing I should try out was the Tutoring section.
Reason why I should be tutored: The reason why I should be tutored is that I need a lot of help in Battling and predicting my opponent better. Also I would like to be able to learn how to build my own team's instead of asking for help. What I'm really trying to sat is that I want to be the best battler I can be and give people a real challenge.

Username: Random One
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Random One
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -GMT 5/ EST, available 5 am - 12 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm trying to finish up my college degree, find a decent job, and all that stuff. I've played the games, but I wanted to play against something more challenging than AI. As I found out the difficultly is a lot higher...
Why you have less than 25 posts: I stated out on Pokemon Online first, got on there and started playing, and quickly got really frustrated. So I started looking deeper on this site for help aside from the articles.

Username: kaps
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Paper Mario
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central time, free from 11: am to 10: pm
What tier do you want to learn?: OU is preferred, but I'd be happy with a tutor anywhere really
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a recent high school graduate from Wisconsin going to college in Houston next year. I love playing sports, especially ultimate, but (obviously) I'm also really into Pokemon. I've been playing since the originals came out, and just recently got into the battling part of it. Or, I guess it's been about a year, but I still kind of suck at it (heh).
I also really like reading, and am working on Name of The Wind right now. I don't normally read fantasy though, preferring non-fiction books.

Why I should be tutored:
This summer has been/will be very important to me. I've been working on getting ready for college, and what I want to be good at going into college. Which has meant reading lots of books, seeing movies I haven't seen, getting in shape for college sports, and learning how to wifi battle. I've been reading these forums for ages, but I didn't want to post in case I was wrong (mainly so that I didn't throw others off, I didn't care about being made fun of or anything) and because I've tried cutting down time spent on the computer. Though I'll make an exception for this. But I really want to learn stuff like team building and other stuff this summer before I go to college in august. Which means that I really want to do this tutoring program either this month or in july, and june would be preferred. Thanks for your consideration!

Username: Zadorosny
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Odaz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 Sundays 12 PM to 12 AM, Monday 5 PM to 10 PM, Wednesday 2 PM to 10 PM, Thursday 3 PM to 6 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am comming to hollidays and already have an active thread on RMT OU, and came to the point I think that, in order to improve, I need tutoring, since, as just an example, I cannot find my team's weaknesses anymore on my own, and beeing able to build even more teams, powerful ones would be interesting, and help my "thinking", as I will have to deal with multiple variables at once.

I have fewer than 25 posts, why should I be tutored: Because I've been pretty active lately, and actually put some effort on improving my gaming, by testing and thinking before asking for help.

Username: FawkNaggars
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [01]The Nerd
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT(GMT -4) Summer: 9am-12 am School year: 3pm-10am
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in high school, I started playing Pokemon when I got Emerald version for Christmas.I recently started playing Pokemon Online and I just cannot make a successful team.Every team I make is an utter failure.
Why I have under 25 Posts: I don't have anything worth while to post and I prefer to lurk opposed to posting on forums.

username: skippy1126
pokemon online username: skippy1126
timezone and hours of availability: eastern time zone, most of the day and some days i wont b available in the evening until 9:30 ish and i have also recently got a job and have not got my schedule yet but that should not b a problem for us meeting in the evenings
tier i want to learn: OU and also NU time permitting
tell a little about myself: im a senior in high school im in 2 drumline groups i enjoy playing chess, yugioh, league of legends, minecraft, and obviously POKEMON!!!
breif explanation y i should b tutored: i feel that i should be tutored bc i have watched a lot of youtubers videos of their battles so i have a lot of background on competetive battling now i jst need some help on how to actualy apply it and i thnk this is the place to do that

User name: ryancyy

PO username: decadraco

Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, Weekdays ( Mon,Wed, Fri 8-10pm) Weekends (whole day)
Tier i want to learn: BW OU

A little about myself: Greetings. I'm from singapore and i'm not new to competitive battling. However, i spend alot of time on vgc12 to the point that my skills on singles have become very very rusty. I really need help and i hope i get a tutor. I hope i can improve on my skills and become stronger. I do not know how to make a proper singles team and i hope i can learn the right way of doing so. Thank you!!

Username: ShinySyduck
Pokemon Online user: ShinySyduck
Timezone and Usual Available Hours: Eastern timezone ( NY ) , and since the summer is approaching, i guess anywhere after 4PM, and once summer starts ( 28th of june ) then i will be able to meet with my tutor as early as 11:30am.

The tier i want to learn is OU. I want to learn to play standard OU for an upcoming kotc tournament, hosted by the PokeMoshPit. This is why it would be a PERFECT time for me to be tutored

A little bit about me? Well, i love to game. Pokemon, Cod, minecraft, you name it! Ever since i was told by kingdaddydmac that a tournament would be held in July, i have spent most of my free time trying to better myself in OU and UU. Im quit mature for my age if i want to be, and usually shy at first glance. I get good grades, usually a minimum of an A. Back to pokemon, i usually play well with balanced teams. I actually recently found success in a pretty good UU sand stall team, laddering up to about 1200. Im kinda laughing at myself, im just sitting here waiting for the round 63 signups to begin, refreshing the page every few minutes! Additionally, i have access to tools to communicate such as skype. I have a youtube channel of my own, where i post some of the good or decent battles that i get on wifi or PO. Another side note, I have an upload on the Pokemoshpitbeta if anyone is interested.
I don't have over 25 posts because, in all honesty, i'm more of a reader than a writer. I have made a fair contribution, however, by rating a few teams and making an RMT of my own. Still, this is not 25, so i must provide this reason.
Please, I REALLY want a tutor because i REALLY want to improve in time for the tournament.
I was skipped over in round 61 and 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)