Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Sheek
Time zone: -3:30 GMT
Regular Online Hours: Monday to Thursday 3:30PM to 11:30pm [EST]
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Average/Slightly Above Average. I can usually win about 70-80% of my matches on Smogon, but I'd like to take that up to 80-90%.
A little about myself: I'm a competitive person, and I hate losing, but will accept it and not complain when it happens. I also don't like to brag about wins, and I try to be as polite as possible when playing. I'd like to take this opportunity to learn from more experienced players in order to further my skill at a faster pace than I would on my own, and I look forward to working on this endeavor.

Shoddy Battle nick: Espeon
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
5pm - Midnight weekdays other than tuesday/friday at GMT.
Midday - 5pm weekdays other than tuesday/friday at GMT-5.
5pm - 6pm on Tuesday at GMT.
Midday - 1pm on Tuesday at GMT-5.
5pm - 6pm, then 10pm - Midnight+ at GMT.
Midday - 1pm, then 5pm to 7pm+ at GMT-5.
Weekends vary. However, I am generally available 2pm-2am (GMT)/10am-10pm (GMT-5) at weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes, if I'm accepted.
Experience level: I consider my ability to be limited since I'm very inexperienced, hence why I am seeking help.
A little about myself: I'm bored of coming last in most tournaments I participate in. I came here from the advice of another person and have been waiting for another tournament to start up. Chances are I won't get accepted as due to my time period, I wasn't online when the thread was posted. Hopefully I'm modest and generally don't brag about winning. I'm not a sore loser either. I just want to break out of my general mould.

Shoddy Battle nick: Sami
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On Mondays, 12:30pm-3pm and again in the evening (usually 6:30pm-8pm or so). On other week days, I tend to be on from like 5pm to 6pm and sometimes again around 7pm to 8pm. On weekends, it really varies, but I tend to stay up later (on Saturdays I'll be on from 11pm to 1am or 2am, for example).
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: I've actually been playing competetively since RBY (though I didn't play much of third gen). As for the DPP metagame, I've been playing competitively since the summer after Diamond and Pearl came out. I only played on WiFi up until earlier this year, and now I play on Shoddy too.
A little about myself: I'm a Biology major hoping to go into marine biology or possibly forensics. I have a lot of pets, including many "exotics" (such as tree frogs, degus, and mudskippers) and aquariums. I like reading, hiking, computers, and playing video games (mainly RPGs and strategy games, plus Smash Bros.). I'm joining this program because I'm having a rough time adapting to the Platinum metagame. My old win rate was 78%...now it's been 66% consistently until recently, when it dropped to 60% (yeah, I'm weird, and keep track of these things >_>). Part of that is probably battling more on Shoddy, but I think it's mostly the Platinum changes. Also, I have bad luck which isn't good because I tend to get flustered easily in battle when there's hax (making a comeback difficult because I'm no longer thinking calmly). Oh yeah, and I'm female XD. Which is apparently odd?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to close this now, we've had a huge number of sign ups, and I thank you all for showing such interest. We only have 31 available Tutors for this round to my knowledge, so I feel it's safe to close this for now with over 60 replies.

Stay tuned for this round's pairings.

I think Stellar and I have huge time zone problems. His online hours are my school hours and I've no means of contacting him. My only chance is a weekend and by then the dead line gets over. So what should I do?

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blue Kirby is currently away, so any further questions should be forwarded to me instead.

Let's get these matches played, good luck guys.

Havak

I think Stellar and I have huge time zone problems. His online hours are my school hours and I've no means of contacting him. My only chance is a weekend and by then the dead line gets over. So what should I do?
Due to these circumstances, you'll have a two day extension to get the match done.

Beat Rampardos101 3 - 0. Not sure who to send the log too, so I'll send it to both BK and Havok.

Edit: It was a good, I had fun, and you're a good battler.

Havak

Okay, all Tutors have been assigned. Sorry this took so long, but Blue Kirby is now away and Max has taken ill, so I had to assign everyone and didn't have much of a chance until now. If you didn't manage to get a Tutor, then better luck next time. Or even try PMing a Tutor to see if they'll take on a second apprentice.

Havak

Just a heads up guys, it's likely I won't be here tomorrow or Friday, as well as the majority of Saturday. So I'm relying on you to finish your matches by then.

Stellar and Taxie have until the end of Sunday.

Thanks.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Saying good luck to the remaining two match-ups. I'll weigh in:

Stellar v Taxie
newbiofom v Nachos

Sorry, no opinions. ;_;

But gg again Elevator.

Withdrawel

Dear Havak, even though im not actually in the tournament. I wanted to let you know that as of now. I hereby withdraw from the Tutor-Apprentice Round 34 due to since im not really used to forums and whatnot. Whether you delete this post or not, This message is to inform you of that circumstance.
Thank you for your time. and sorry for the inconvienice
Signed Tenkishi2

I beat newbioform 1-0 in a game where I got a lucky freeze which put him in a bad spot. GG man and sorry for the hax. :(

Stellar and I am supposed to meet right now and he was online about 15 minutes ago and so was I. I sent him a PM and he didn't respond. He was AFK probably and currently he is not online. :(

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That was a communication error. I thought you meant 6:30 PM, so I waited online last night (which was my tomorrow in regards to the pm).

I was not online this morning, I had forgotten to sign out last night.

Sorry, we are just having extreme communication errors.

I can be online at the time that you meant tomorrow if that works.

Confirming my loss.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Back earlier than expected - round 2 will be up shortly.

Thanks for keeping an eye out while I was away, Havak.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Official Battling 101 Tournament #5 - Round Four

We now move into the semifinals with four extremely skilled apprentices remaining. Who has what it takes to move to the finals?

Nachos v Colonel M
Taxie v Silvaer

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" by Smogon is banned from the tournament (this means Deoxys-S!)
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise

If you have any queries, please forward them to myself.

The deadline for this round is November 22, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)