Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please!

Shoddy Battle nick: Silentmartyr
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:30-11:00 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Of course!
Experience level: Below average
A little about myself: I've played Pokemon since Red/Blue but never had many battles. I've bred much longer than battled and wanted to be able to hone my abilities.

Shoddy Battle nick: ShadowOfHell
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Not EST (that is what you mean by 'eastern only', right?) , but next week will be a little clogged - Last week of football. Just in case you think I'm ditching you.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: I'm alright... I can win against most of the 'medium-level' people. My shoddy rating is pretty good right now, I've been playing some UU lately. I consider myself 'medium' level... Idk, just trying to put it into understandable terms... ^^;;
A little about myself: I'm 13, been playing for several years. I'm a football player, musician, and nerd. XD I like to play video games, and RPG games. (gonna get Fable II soon!!) I think I'm a pretty interesting kid to hang out with... Hope you like me! ^^

I don't really have any preference on who I get. ^^

Shoddy Battle nick:captinbiff
Time zone:central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):4:00-6:00p.m.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?yes
Experience level:I would say im decent but I need a little help with team building and a little help with prediction.

Shoddy Battle nick: dizzleman22/dizzleman22test
Time Zone: GMT-7 (PST)
Regular Online Hours: Weekdays: evenings, Weekends: most afternoons, depends though
Do you want to play in the Tournament: Yes, i do indeed want to play in the tournament.
Experience Level: Ok, im not a random n00b. My rating goes from around 1300-1400 with some variation (Conservative rating). The highest rating i consistently kept was around 1437, but now its around 1307. On a scale of 1-10, i'd be a 6-7.
Little About myself Not much to tell, i play shoddy a fair amount, and despite being new, i watch battles and try to improve my skills a lot. The Tutoring Program seems like a great opportunity for me. :)

damnit I think I missed again, but just in case...
Shoddy Battle nick: junebug
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Kinda varies, not always in the middle of the day (11-4ish)on weekdays, weekends vary too probably best in the day or late at night (12am+), but i'm pretty flexible
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes if I can =/
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm a college freshman at UMich. I am somewhat knowledgeable of the metagame and play shoddy once in awhile. I feel like I need to sharpen my prediction skills a little but more importantly I don't feel like I have great team building skills, I find it hard to pull off good strategies I guess.

Shoddy Battle nick: empoleon dynamite
Time Zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours: Weekdays: evenings, Weekends: Sometimes all day, sometimes hardly ever.
Do you want to play in the Tournament: Yes.
Experience Level: I consider myself average. I rack up a lot of wins on Shoddy but haven't played since the Platinum updates. I find rather than making my own sets I stick to those of Smogon and Serebii (POTW). I know enough about every Pokemon and their purpose so i'm not just a random noob.
Little About myself Hmm... I enjoy art, music, maths, some sport. I'm an active member of Bulbagarden and GTS Plus and spend most of my time roleplaying and being an leader in a Monotype league. I usualy find Smogon quite intimidating due to the large amount of competetive players but hope the tutoring program will get rid of this problem for me :D

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Plus
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4:00-9:30 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes

Experience level: I started competitive battling a little bit more than a year ago, although I was aware of what competitive battling in Pokemon really was for a longer time. In the early days of Shoddy, I laddered on the official until I got up to the 25-28th rank or so, in which I then started to get worse and worse as time progressed. I wouldn't call myself "really good," but I'd hope I'm at least average.

A little about myself:
I started Pokemon lurking on random forums that played competitively, in which I started to play for real with the release of ShoddyBattle. Nowadays, I hang out at a server called "Captain's Modded Server", which is known to be extremely hard and complicated to learn. I just like the thrill of learning new metagames, and now I really have the urge to improve greatly in OU, which is why I'm here.

If possible, could you pair me up with Bass? I know that his skill level is good, and I have seen him battle well.

Shoddy Battle: Link6491
Time Zone: Boston (GMT -5)
Regular Hours: 7-10 Monday through Friday, later on Saturdays

Experience Level: Decent team builder and battler. Was in Apprentice Program a while ago (21 I think), but was assigned a mentor (Havak) in a different time zone because I put down the wrong time zone so I did not interact at all.

Little bit about myself: Senior in High School. I am working on my college app, but I am almost done (therefore I will be on a computer with Shoddy most nights.) I cant spell, and I put too many commas in my writing.

I am not picky who I am paired with, I am looking for some team building advice, and someone to critique how I battle. Since around June (double infraction on same post. Woo!) I have been putting a lot more time into building my team and testing it out. I tend to lose, as good as my team is, because of dumb mistakes. Thanks

Shoddy Battle nick: Firewater
Time zone: GMT -5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): er, after 3PM on Monday to Friday, generally all day on Saturdays/Sundays

Experience level: I did play shoddy a bit, and I battled online in the beginning, but due to frustrations with my computer/breeding and a broken WiFi adaptor I've stopped. I am just trying to learn how to win in the current metagame...

A little about myself: I'm a senior, and besides pokemon I participate in church and am on my school's debate team.

Shoddy Battle nick: chaos 9
Time zone: GMT -5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually around 7-9 pm during the week and random times on the weekend.

Tourney?: yes
Experience level: I consider myself high average with a rating of 1480~ in standard and (at one point) 1550 in ubers. I just really need help with team building. I just can't do it.
I have like 100 teams.

I would like to be in it this time as I am too late all the time but with ipl if possible.

well...if its not too late (which I believe it is...

Shoddy Battle nick: Accipender
Time zone:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-9
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Honestly, this is more of a if you do NOT want to play, please put that here (aka yes)
Experience level*: Well…Ive been playing Pokemon since Blue Version, but only started palying on any competitive level midsummer. Since then, Ive become decent, earning ~1370 on the Smogon Ladder, but I still have much to improve on. My team building skills are meh, my prediction is off at (most) times, and as Im new, I don’t know ALL of the popular sets.

A little about myself: Im a VERY offensive player. I HATE sitting around, cowering behind a wall, its just not fun for me. I enjoy sweeping teams.

Shoddy Battle nick: GGGGGGTina
Time zone: -7? Mountain time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-1 varies
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*:

I use to battle back in the days. I left for a couple months because my social life was booming and working full time was a hassle. I would like a tutor to show me how the metagame has changed in the last 4 months.

Anyone would do.

Shoddy Battle nick: tofu951753
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:00 P.M - 2:00 P.M.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Yes
Experience level: Average? Not sure?
A little about myself: I'm not good at pokemon and would like to learn from the best. I am horrible in team building and possibly average in battling.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks to everyone who signed up, what an overwhelming response!

Pairings will be done by Max shortly, hold tight.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All pairings are up. For those of you who didn't make it in this round, please try again!

Good luck, everyone.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Okay, this round is over.

Expect evaluation templates to be sent your way shortly, as well as the new round being posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)