Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned to urban

Username:
DDDon
PO/PS! Username: DDDon
Your timezone: PDT (GMT -7)
Usual Hours of Availability: Basically anytime, preferably not to late at night though
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I discovered Showdown in late XY and I’ve been working to hone my battling skills since mid-ORAS. During ORAS I mostly gravitated towards Ubers, but now I find OU more enjoyable/diverse/balanced. About 90% of my Smogon experience has been lurking, but I feel like I’ve hit a plateau in my learning and haven’t really improved for a while, so I’ve decided to come out of the shadows for this tutoring program. I have a decent understanding of battling techniques in theory but have trouble applying them in practice. I don’t have a particularly good grasp on teambuilding yet; most of my teams are either inefficient at breaking down defensive cores or easily overwhelmed by offensive ones.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Imperator Caesar

Username
: SSJ2Red
PO/PS! Username: SSJ2Red
Your timezone: CDT (UTC - 5)
Usual Hours of Availability:
Mon - Fri 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Saturday 2 PM - 5:30 PM, Sunday 1 PM - 4:30 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am here because I want to get better, and there is a limit as to how far I can go on my own. I've been playing competitively since DPPT, but I didn't really start taking battling seriously until XY. I tend to hover around the 1500-1600 range on the ladder, and I feel this is due to picking poor leads and taking risks when it really isn't necessary. As far as teambuilding goes, I've only built about 2 teams on my own, so those skills are lacking. Additionally, I tend to stick to balanced and bulky offense teams, and have very little experience playing stall and HO. My knowledge of the metagame and its trends are generally solid.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Assigned to Empo

Username
: I dont care
PO/PS! Username: I d0nt car3
Your timezone: Gmt +2
Usual Hours of Availability: I have a work, so i can do it evening only after 17:30-18:30. More free at weekend.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing seriously competitive Pokémon since start 2013 with BW2.I played OU format a lot, VGC then and finally, in ORAS era, I discovered how funny was BS Single. Honestly I wasn't a good player, never reach 1600 points to make this clear, so, discouraged, I tried Ubers, enjoying the battling101 (it was 2015), and I got some result. With Sun and Moon I decided to try again BSS, but still I can't improve. I'm starting to think the game is not for me. But let's try with OU.

assigned to Imperator Caesar

Username
: Aquos_Stormfront
PO/PS! Username: Aquos_Stormfront
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: 12 pm to 10 pm on weekends, weekdays 5pm to 10 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive Pokémon for the past year, joining late ORAS, and have been playing a variety of tiers since. However, I still struggle to master several concepts, mostly due to my poor understanding of team synergy, my weakest point in team synergy in teambuilding, although I am skilled at predections between counters and 'mon sets. Although my expereince has been fun in the comptetitive meta games, there is still much for men to learn, and OU is the best place for me to start since it's my favourite tier next to challenge cup, as well as having a more competitive field than other tiers.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, prefer Discord but have Skype.

assigned to Corazan..

Username
: Egior.
PO/PS! Username: Realegior
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Basically everytime, school is over n_n
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i've been playing on the ladder since mid oras, but never got really good achievements. Then when sun moon started i got really into competitive and I have basic skills on how to play, build and stuff, but i feel like I'm like on a limit right now, and i want to learn how to play on good levels
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, but prefer discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep

assigned to Metal Sonic

Username
: LBLOL7
PO/PS! Username: LBLOL/LBLOL7
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Mainly on the week-end and on the week afternoons
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing Pokemon since the end of 2015 and I have always been active except for a period where I have not touched Pokemon 4 months. Recently a friend to me Simiatic recommended me to make myself tute because I do not have certain bases. I consider myself to be good but i struggle to build.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Mainly discord

assigned to Heathcliff

Username
: mega-meganium
PO/PS! Username: lord meganium / a random meganium
Your timezone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekend afternoons, after 9PM ish in weekdays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences) Been playing since September, have improved since I started, but struggle w/ building, and often choke endgames. Would like to improve my skills and stuff.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Metal Sonic

Username
: byronthewellwell
PS! Username: byronthewellwell
Your timezone: +10
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 9pm Sunday all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing on PS in 2013 and main ubers. I really enjoy all the generations of ou but struggle to build anything worth using.

assigned to Heathcliff

Username
: xukly
PS! Username: xukly/xulky07
Your timezone: +2
Usual Hours of Availability: 11-1 & 6-9 all the week except thursday and weekend, those days 11-2 & 4-9
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):middle-low quality player, sucks at teambuild, started in the end of oras, probably the worst player doing 50

assigned to Empo

Username: Flipps
PS! Username: Flipps
Your timezone: BST
Usual Hours of Availability: most of the day cuz on holidays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started like early 2015 but have been playing pretty on and off in terms of ladder and standard play. however i have been playin a fair amount of sumo ou but im still not brilliant so want to help so someone can find where i am going wrong and can push me in the right direction :]

Assigned to 10th Squad Taichou

Username:LukeWithJazz
PO/PS! Name:Jazzy007
Your time zone: GMT +5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: From 9 of morning to 1 in night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I have been playing for 3 years just for fun but I wanna have a competitive edge over others
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

assigned to Simiatic

Username
: ThePokeMaestro
PO/PS! Username: ThePokeMaestro/ThePokeMaestro#3
Your timezone: +2
Usual Hours of Availability: In the week normally only about 3 hours but I'm available whole weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've only been playing on showdown for a little while but i think I'm not that bad the. My highest in sumo ou is 1781.Having someone help me to better these skills would be awesome so that one day I can compete in tournaments :D
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep

assigned to Subject 18

Username
: zl24
PS! Username: zl24
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday (9 a.m.)-Fri & Saturdays Before noon, Sundays all day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing since ORAS on ps, and got to 1400. It's my second time back for a tutor >.<, I'm doing okay right no for a bit since I got to 1698 and then dropped back to 1642.. on Sumo OU. I'd like to improve on some skills and learn to build my own teams to a certain extent so I can compete in tourney's and maybe peak OU ladder even if it's just one time.

Assigned to ez

Username
: Reviloja753
PS! Username: Reviloja753
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually in the evening.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I only really started playing competitively in this generation. I currently am at a plateau. I would like to improve my skills to do better overall, including testing out other playstyles than I use (I only run HO usually...).
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

Username: Sonzinho
PS! Username: Brick Small
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: Night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Basically low tiers, specialy NU and RU. Played OU a couple of times, but never really got into it. I'm currently looking to learn the tier and would be a pleasure to share experience with one of the tutors available and hopely make new friends in OU.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

assigned to Empo

Username
: Regenix
PS! Username: Regenix1996
Your timezone: GMT/BST
Usual Hours of Availability: When working 8-11pm. When not working: Potentially all day.
I've been an on and off competitive player for a long while going back to gen 4, although at that time was never really into it and wasn't playing under Smogon. I really picked up laddering in the X/Y into OR/AS metas and enjoyed it but did not have the time to dedicate to it playing frequently due to studies and other commitments. Now I have much more time to work with I really want to get to grips with competitive SU/MO OU and improve my game in terms of playing but also being able to build properly at a high level. I am motivated and would really like to work on getting to a high skill bracket on the ladder and eventually try out some of the tournaments.

assigned to Snowy

Username
: weirdo faye
PO/PS! Username: weirdo faye
Your timezone: gmt+10
Usual Hours of Availability: aus evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i played competitive since late oras. i played a little bit of everything then, say ou,uu,ru,etc, just an average chill player. i quit for a while on sm, came back again, just been hanging in the ou room and playing room tours if i felt like it. i like to make teams of my own & share them w/ ppl.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord please
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: i do

Reactions: rs

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
assigned to Empo

Username
: Mikaav
PO/PS! Username: Mikaav
Your timezone: gmt+5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: mostly evenings but flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing since early xy. Played LC, ubers and Im kinda decent in it. Would like to learn OU teambuilding and stuff.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: i do

assigned to praj.pran

Username
: Red Jirachi
PO/PS! Username: Thicc Fat Bitches
Your timezone: GMT+5
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm homeschooled so my classes fluctuate, as a result, I'm available most of the day and my schedule is flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing on and off since about gen 4, but that was just local wireless with my siblings. I got into really laddering around gen 6 and learned a bit more about competitive battling and team building and pretty much self taught myself throughout the gen. With the release of gen 7, I was really excited and played quite a bit early game (Before the downloadable megastones started to come out) and I have not touched the games for a while after that.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

assigned to ez

Username
: vikasso
PO/PS! Username: vikasso
Your timezone: GMT -7 west coast time
Usual Hours of Availability: most times
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I dabbled in competitive in early XY but i didnt really get into mons til SUMO. Since SUMO started i've been watching tour games and I've been laddering. I'd like to understand how players at such a high level reach that level. I wanna get better as a player and just be able to play more confidently.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to Team Pokepals

Username
: Lukeycharms
PO/PS! Username: Lukeycharms
Your timezone: GMT (-6)
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Friday 10-4 Saturday 10-3 Sunday 12-5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My experience with Pokémon is good. I know all the basics of pokemon and I have started to learn predictions, and I'm okay at team building too. I got started in HG/SS and continued through X/Y where I took a break, but now I am back in the battling scene and I love S/M for it's diversity in OU. I am striving to be the best me I can be when it comes to competitive battling!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I use Discord :)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do.

assigned to Metal Sonic

Username
:XxpokephoenixX
PO/PS! Username:XxpokephoenixX
Your timezone: GMT+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: Sat-Sun - available
Mon - Fri 8:00pm-10:00pm IST
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competive pokemon 3 months ago . I have built fair knowledge on competitive pokemon though I played less. I play SUMO OU and UU. I joined smogon to learn more about competitive pokemon and it has helped me a lot. I learned a lot about competitive pokemon by watching pokeaim's and blunder's videos.I think I am a good competitive pokemon player and would like to improve it through battling 101
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:YES
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:YES

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
: shadowtheorem
PO/PS! Username: shadowtheorem
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I learned the basics of competitive Pokémon during Gen 5, since then I've been a casual player. In the last months, I got more and more interested in finally looking deeper into the subject and made myself familiar with the current metagame. I hope I can improve my battling skills through battling 101 and I would like to participate at tournaments in the future.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord please :)

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
: MeButYou82
PO/PS! Username: MeButYou82
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: 1pm-10pm almost every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing LC for a long time, but I'm still nothing more than a decent player. I've never properly played any other tier, so I want to try something new. I know nothing about OU.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, but preferably Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Assigned to Metal Sonic

Username
: bjoernboombastic
PO/PS! Username: BBO!b
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: busy but completely free in time Organisation
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Around 1000 Battles during oras and Sumo and different tiers. Was tutored once by snowy but wenn had time issues. Lurking Around the 1450-1550
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes ofc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)