Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned to itsjustdrew

Username: Codedlyoko
PO/PS! Username: codedlyoko
Your timezone: PST
Usual hours of availability: Any time, unless I've made prior plans in which case I would let the tutor know I am not available at the arranged time in advance.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I have been playing various tiers on Pokemon Showdown for about 7 years, starting from when I had no clue what the difference was between EV's and IV's up till the point that I was exclusively playing competitive UU games, which would be now, making it only up to about 1500 on the ladder. I want to learn as much as I can about teambuilding, which I've struggled a lot with up till this point and get a good feel of how to better outplay my opponents. Eager to learn, observe, and eventually conquer!(Competitive Pokemon, I mean. XD)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Primarily Discord, I can use Skype if I have to.
Do you understasnd how the blacklist works?: Yes, I definitely do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Alpha Ninja
PO/PS! Username: Alpha Ninja
Your timezone: CEST
Usual Hours of Availability: Most of Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Early day of Tuesday & Thursday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I used to play a lot of Ubers late gen 5 and early gen 6 with some success. I did reach #1 a couple of times on the Ubers ladder and had a good time in the Ubers room. I did try VGC for a while but that wasn't really my thing... as I don't like doubles to begin with. As for other tiers, I did try them but not all that successfully.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae
Username: ssunbae
PO/PS! Username: ssunbae
Your timezone: GMT -5 (will change to GMT -3 once i return to my homeland in june)
Usual Hours of Availability: from 3:30pm to 11pm on weekdays, pretty much all the time on the weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing comp pokemon in late 2013, i was very young at the time and just messed around until like 2015, which was when i started taking it more seriously. well even then i was still really bad and i stopped playing in mid-2016, i don't remember why. however, i started playing again in february of this year and i'd say that i'm more invested than i've ever been before. i have a yearn to learn UU since out of all the lower tiers i'd say it's the one that i struggle with the most and acquiring information about it would really help me out on doing well at the grand slam.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord, and skype if necessary
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes, i do

assigned to Indigo Plateau

Username: Mark101264
PO/PS! Username: Mark101264
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime after 6:30 all days but Tuesday, weekends are normally flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Played since Emerald and beat all of the main games and some spin-offs, but never anything competitive. I've been playing OU on PS! to get the feel of battling live people. I prefer using off-meta stuff and using interesting combos, so I'd rather go for UU than OU. Uuuh I don't really have anything else to add, but my favourite types are grass, poison, and ghost.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
I much prefer discord, but I can do both if needed.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: elpresidento
PO/PS! Username: elpresidento
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: Flexible weekend get up early usually, get home at 4pm usually on weekdays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing on and off since early xy past couple and since the past couple of years have been getting more invested. Signed up for a couple of smogon tour rounds and classic. Interested in UU find the metagame pretty interesting from what ive played a lot of different teams can work.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

Username: Ryan37
PO/PS! Username: Ryan37
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: Any time during the weekend. And during the week any time from 13:00 pm (gmt-3)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon : I've started playing Competitive Pokémon since 2016. I started watching videos on YouTube, and training alone until I became aware of what Pokémon is Competitive. From time to time I ended up getting a taste of Tier UU, I participated in tournaments in Brazilian forums, and I still participate. This has generated some achievements. I want this tutorial to help me with the Tier's greater knowledge.

Username: Insania21
PS! Username: Insania21
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday 11AM-11PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My highest score on the SMOU ladder is 1942. I won multiple OU tours on the OU room from PS. I participated at some tours like ST or Slam but never won any round (I misplayed at some, I realized afterwards how to win) (I won battles but not bo3 basically)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, preferentially Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: HuntSaboteur
PS! Username: Homusubi (as of now)
Your timezone: GMT+9, no DST observed
Usual Hours of Availability: irregular, pretty much all over the place, but enough spare time overall to have at least a decent shot at arranging pretty much any time other than 4am and the like
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): The last meta I was properly familiar with was way back in Gen 5 RU. I dabbled in Gen 6 UU but didn't really get into it that much. At this point I'm pretty much out of it, am struggling to keep up with the new mons, but still remember enough from the old days to e.g. be able to speak the language pretty well already.

assigned to pokeisfun

Username: InfernoDolphin73
PS! Username: InfernoDolphin73
Your timezone: GMT -4 , no DST observed
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends are ideal (6-9 PM), most likely not available on weekend, but might be sometimes every once in a while for 7-9 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing UU for this generation and OU before. I took a tutor, my first in about May but now that ended, and I would like to keep expanding my skills and get better. I am familiar with Smogon and I have been contributing as well as participating in tier shifts and big tournaments like the Grand Slam. I would like to work on my battling mechanics, teambuilding, and improve my understanding with the tier!

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Assigned to: itsjustdrew

Username: Wigglytuff
PS! Username: Wiggleetuff
Your timezone: GMT -5, gmt-6 when DST is over
Usual Hours of Availability: I work a lot from my computer at home so generally pretty available any time after 6 pm my time. Weekends are especially free if the tutor lets me know ahead of time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started as a randbats player last year and got kinda good, and then started playing other tiers at the suggestion of my friends. I got into UU because a) mega-alt is top 3 favorite mon and b) I like the slower pace of battles compared to some of the other tiers; the idea of making a gameplan and executing it over the longer sequences of UU is something that I've also enjoyed when playing some of the GSC tiers. Unfortunately, I'm rather bad at building teams and would like to have guidance from an experienced UU player.

Sacred Wings

Banned deucer.
Username: sacredwings
PO/PS! Username: sacredwings
Your timezone: gmt-4
Usual Hours of Availability: weekend/friday/random day in the week when i have time past 6/7 pm
I was playing a lot a few months back, made a few deep runs in ssnls and then went on hiatus for awhile. i wanna get better at lower tiers and uu looks like a pretty cool meta and id like to grasp the meta and whatnot
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: disc

Username: Goblin
PO/PS! Username: Goblin
Your timezone: CST / GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after 5 pm / Saturday 3PM-9PM / Sunday 3AM-11PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive mons for almost a decade now but never took it serious. Would like to get better at lower tiers (UU/RU/NU). Specifically UU, always looked like a fun tier but was and still am terrible at it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord; wouldn't suggest calls unless you want me muted; have walls that will echo every time I speak.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes.

Username: Xejuanox
PS username: Drajuano this month but all the year is xejuanox
Your timezone: Spain / GMT -1
Usual Hours of Availability: Everiday you can contact me
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I´ve been playing competitive pokemon since January of 2018. Rlly like the medium tiers like RU and UU, specially UU because I know to build teams in that tier and I know the actual metagame. Also I´m driver in the español room so I rlly know the functioning of pokemon showdown.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? Only discord but i´m very active there
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Ofc

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Assigned to: Amane Misa

Username: Wigglytuff
PS username: Wiggleetuff
Your timezone: UTC-5
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm -5 so I know this is a long shot for a +3 tutor, but I've got a pretty messed up schedule, which might help with the timezone difference. To be specific, here are the times that I'd be available on Friday and Saturday if given some advance notice (I also translated my ranges to +3 for your convenience):
thursday: evening (if you're up very early on friday)

friday:
12 am - 2 am
5-6 am
9:15 am - 12:00 pm
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
4:30 pm - 8 pm (I might host smogon tour at this time range)
8 pm - 12 am

saturday:
12 am - 2 am
9 am - 2:30 pm
2:30 pm - 6 pm (I might host smogon tour at this time range)
9 pm - 12 am

friday:
5 am - 10 am (I have the occasional night exam in this time range)
1 pm - 2 pm
5:15 pm - 7 pm
9:30 pm - 11:30 pm

saturday:
5 am - 10 am
5 pm - 10:30 pm
I might not always be on at these times, but if I have a couple days of notice, I should be able to make it work.

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started August last year as a randbats player and started playing UU earlier this year. I think I've shaped up as a decent player, breaking into high ladder (peaked at 1700) and participating in some UU forum tours. I'm doing alright in Majors (2-0 atm), which is a definite improvement over my R1 Exit in Open. But I think I have a long way to go playing-wise and teambuilding-wise, especially teambuilding.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? Discord, can make a Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)