Arceus Ghost revamp QC [3/3] GP [2/2]

Cynara

Banned deucer.
[OVERVIEW]

Ghost Arceus possesses a myriad of positive traits, including a solid offensive and defensive typing along with the ability to handle common threats to offense such as Extreme Killer Arceus, Mega Kangaskhan, and Latios, making it a good choice for offensive teams that require a solid setup sweeper that is able to handle these common threats. With base 120 stats across the board, Ghost Arceus naturally has a good Speed tier and strong offensive prowess, combined with the ability to use both Swords Dance and Calm Mind sets backed up by solid high-Base Power STAB attacks in Shadow Force and Judgment that allow it to break down common walls in the Uber tier such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Unlike other Swords Dance variants of Arceus such as Extreme Killer, it is able to escape from Shadow Tag users such as Mega Gengar, therefore avoiding being revenged killed or trapped.

However, Ghost Arceus suffers from being vulnerable to Dark-types, a somewhat common offensive typing in the Ubers metagame, and Pokemon such as Yveltal and Darkrai are able to easily dispatch of Ghost Arceus or force it to switch out. Swords Dance Ghost Arceus in particular is blocked by Yveltal due to its natural bulk, and Yveltal's Dark / Flying typing means Ghost Arceus's Brick Break does very little to it. Dark Arceus is also able to handle both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Shadow Force
move 3: Brick Break
move 4: Extreme Speed / Shadow Claw
item: Spooky Plate
ability: Multitype
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance provides Ghost Arceus with the ability to set up and potentially threaten a sweep backed by Shadow Force, which is able to OHKO the majority of the tier at +2; however, the charge turn makes Ghost Arceus very prone to momentum loss and can allow a free switch to a Pokemon immune to it such as Extreme Killer Arceus. Brick Break is an obligatory coverage move in order to hit Normal-types such as Extreme Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan and to gain super effective coverage on Dark-types such as Darkrai that tend to switch in; however, it is relatively weak and should only be used for these desired targets. Extreme Speed gives Ghost Arceus a form of priority and helps dispatch of common threats to offense such as Deoxys-A or pick off weakened faster targets such as Darkrai, and it can even help to win against Extreme Killer in one-on-one situations. Shadow Claw can be used in place of Extreme Speed on the final slot, if you're concerned about the unreliability or lack of PP that Shadow Force possesses, providing for a weaker but more reliable STAB move that can prevent wasted usage of Shadow Force PP where Shadow Claw could OHKO a threat instead or prevent the opponent continuously switching between a Ghost- and Normal-type due to sets lacking Shadow Claw being blocked by this.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and Attack EVs enable Ghost Arceus to maximize its offensive prowess, and a Jolly nature is used so Ghost Arceus can at least Speed tie with other maximum Speed Arceus formes such as Extreme Killer Arceus, as well as outspeed other offensive threats such as Latios, Mega Lucario, and Gengar before it Mega Evolves. Gengar also is unable to Mega Evolve safely, or it risks being OHKOed by Shadow Force due to its ability to break Protect. An Adamant nature can be chosen for more power on specific team builds such as Sticky Web teams, which somewhat compensate for its very noticeable drop in Speed; however, Ghost Arceus is then still outsped by the likes of Latios due its immunity to Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Preserving Ghost Arceus is the most effective way for the Swords Dance set to be threatening, and it tends to be a later-game wincon. Never set up if the opponent still has healthy answers to Ghost Arceus such as Dark-types; Yveltal in particular needs to be either weakened or removed before Ghost Arceus can threaten a sweep, even if it has set up with Swords Dance, and Shadow Force leaves Ghost Arceus vulnerable to Sucker Punch from Yveltal on the charge turn, meaning it will take heavy damage if it tries to take on Yveltal head on. Once Ghost Arceus checks have been weakened or removed, you can set up Swords Dance and proceed to sweep. Lugia and Giratina-O are common physical walls that are weak to Ghost, making them somewhat good targets for setup. Ghost Arceus can also offensively threaten Latios, Mewtwo, and Mega Kangaskhan.

Team Options
========

Fairies such as Xerneas and Mega Diancie make good partners for their ability to take care of common answers to Ghost Arceus; Choice Scarf Xerneas especially makes a good partner, being able to absorb sleep from Darkrai's Dark Void and easily dispatch of Darkrai. Ghost Arceus has a good defensive typing for an offensive Arceus and has an immunity to Extreme Speed, a common priority move in the metagame. Deoxys-A appreciates this immunity because it falls to any strong priority move from the likes of Extreme Killer Arceus and Rayquaza; in return, it helps to break walls to allow Ghost Arceus to sweep late-game or dispatch of faster threats on opposing offense. Darkrai is a threatening offensive partner with good synergy, being able to cripple switch-ins with Dark Void, putting them to sleep and thus potentially giving Ghost Arceus an opportunity to set up, and to help pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes and Giratina-O. Darkrai also appreciates Ghost Arceus's immunity to Superpower and Extreme Speed from the likes of Deoxys-A, which tends to be a common revenge killer or anti-lead to it; if you predict either of these moves, Ghost Arceus can switch in and try to scare Deoxys-A out. Rayquaza variants such as mixed and Choice Band sets make good partners due to their ability to help break down walls and pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes; in return Rayquaza appreciates Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Speed users such as Arceus and Deoxys-A. Toxic Spikes offense builds are also a good idea, with setters such as Cloyster and Greninja being the most common, while Ghost Arceus provides spinblocking utility thanks to its Ghost typing; one of the other main applications is the ability to rack up additional poison damage from Toxic Spikes and slowly put pressure on opposing teams with Shadow Force due to it being a two-turn move. Primal Groudon is usually the Stealth Rock setter of choice for Ghost Arceus teams, with an offensive set being most effective. However, Rock Polish Primal Groudon can also help with opposing offense builds, while Swords Dance sets help break apart defensive cores. With a Rock Polish or Swords Dance Primal Groudon, Dialga with Shuca Berry makes a solid alternative offensive Stealth Rock setter, providing a Mega Salamence check for offense teams, as well as the ability to beat all Magic Bounce users and consistently get up Stealth Rock against them. Mega Salamence is able to help weaken defensive Yveltal variants with Double-Edge or OHKO offensive variants. Mega Salamence also gives more security versus Extreme Killer Arceus, taking some pressure off Ghost Arceus.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Judgment
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Substitute / Recover
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Calm Mind Allows Ghost Arceus to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense simultaneously, providing it with potential to sweep while making it harder for special attackers to break through. Judgment is a reliable 100-Base Power STAB move, and Focus Blast provides Ghost Arceus with perfect coverage, notably allowing it to hit Extreme Killer Arceus and Kangaskhan while denting switch-ins such as Tyranitar. Substitute helps protect Ghost Arceus from crippling status moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed EVs give Ghost Arceus maximum offensive prowess, and a Timid nature means it at least Speed ties with opposing Arceus formes such as Extreme Killer Arceus; maximum Special Attack is used to deal as much damage as possible and so Arceus Ghost can sweep with as few Calm Mind boosts as possible.

Usage Tips
========

It is best to utilize Ghost Arceus late-game to threaten a sweep if it's the main wincon; otherwise, it can help break the opposing team early- and mid-game. Setting up Calm Minds helps out Ghost Arceus offensively and defensively, giving it good sweeping potential. Substitute enables Ghost Arceus to set up Calm Mind much more safely by blocking status, which is a common response to a Calm Mind Arceus; the move can also be used to help counteract or even scout for aggressive play, which is generally much safer than just firing off Focus Blast; however, Ghost Arceus can also lure in certain checks such as Tyranitar and Darkrai and dent them with Focus Blast on the switch in.

Calm Mind Ghost Arceus is actually really effective at dismantling stall teams; however, a healthy Multiscale Lugia can phaze Ghost Arceus attempting to sweep, so it's essential to make sure Lugia has Multiscale broken first. Therefore, try to have Stealth Rock up versus stall so Lugia can't come in on Ghost Arceus. Blissey and Chansey are common on stall and can be used as fodder for Substitute, though Ghost Arceus will have a tough time setting up Calm Minds due to Snatch.

Team Options
========

Setters of entry hazards such as Toxic Spikes make a good team option, with Greninja and Cloyster being good examples; Ghost Arceus backs them up with its spinblocking ability, while Toxic Spikes help pressure support Arceus formes to force them to Recover and subsequently allow Ghost Arceus to get a Calm Mind boost and then a Substitute. Primal Groudon is the most consistent Stealth Rock setter for Calm Mind Ghost Arceus teams; special Ghost Arceus sets tend to struggle against Ho-Oh without Stealth Rock being up and can't effectively break Lugia if Multiscale is intact. Rock Polish sets can also be considered with an alternative Stealth Rock setter such as Dialga; in return Dialga provides a more defined Mega Salamence check. Offensive variants of Yveltal can provide a breaker with immediate power and good offensive synergy along with a Ground immunity; Yveltal can help break down Ghost Arceus checks and help it sweep late-game. Xerneas is a Fairy-type to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal—either a Choice Scarf set to absorb sleep from Dark Void or Geomancy Xerneas with another Darkrai answer. Mega Diancie is also another option to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal that also has the option to run Stealth Rock as an effective anti-lead to Deoxys-S and Darkrai, especially on hazard-stacking builds such as Toxic Spikes offense. Rayquaza sets such as MixQuaza, Dragon Dance, and Choice Band make effective wallbreakers paired with Ghost Arceus to apply pressure on Defoggers, and Rayquaza appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed Ghost Arceus provides; Rayquaza also helps out against sand offense teams due to Air Lock. Mega Salamence is another Dragon type to consider as a wallbreaker with Double-Edge or even as a secondary wincon, being able to weaken common threats such as defensive Yveltal as well as providing a Primal Groudon check. Deoxys-A and Darkrai really appreciate Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan due to their weakness to strong priority, and they can help with revenge killing due to their high Speed; Deoxys-A is especially useful for dispatching of faster threats on opposing offense, due to its insanely high offensive stats enabling it to dent the opposition considerably. Darkrai is able to cripple switch-ins with Dark Void.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Ghost Arceus can attempt a support set with Defog and Will-O-Wisp and maximum Speed and HP on specific teambuilds that already have Ho-Oh covered, but it's best left to other support Arceus formes such as Water and Dragon Arceus, which can check Ho-Oh, have a superior defensive typing, and generally fit on a greater variety of team builds. Thunder can be used over Focus Blast to hit Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Kyogre harder; however, Ghost Arceus loses out on perfect coverage and the ability to hit Tyranitar, Blissey, and Chansey for any reasonable amount of damage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Darkrai**: Darkrai can cripple Ghost Arceus with Dark Void or revenge kill it with Dark Pulse, though it has to be wary of Brick Break or Focus Blast while trying to switch in.

**Yveltal**: Yveltal generally walls Swords Dance sets, and defensive Yveltal prevents Swords Dance Ghost Arceus from executing a sweep. Ghost Arceus takes a lot from Dark Pulse on offensive variants and can be picked off by Sucker Punch when weakened.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh gives special variants of Ghost Arceus a hard time due to its high Special Defense, especially if Stealth Rock isn't up; physical Ghost Arceus also has to be wary of Sacred Fire burns.

**Dark Arceus**: Albeit rare, Dark Arceus can take on both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out or even try to set up Calm Mind on it, taking little from an unboosted Brick Break, though it has to take caution switching into Focus Blast.

**Mega Gengar**: Gengar can't switch in or Mega Evolve safely on Ghost Arceus; however, it can revenge kill a weakened Ghost Arceus if it has Mega Evolved. Note, though, that Ghost Arceus is able to escape Shadow Tag.

**Giratina-O**: While Giratina-O can't switch in on Ghost Arceus, it does a considerable amount of damage with Shadow Sneak, so it can pick off weakened ones; additionally, Ghost Arceus lacking Shadow Claw could potentially lose to Shadow Force Giratina-O due to Giratina being slower. Giratina-O is 2HKOed by Judgment and Shadow Claw, however.

**Blissey and Chansey**: Blissey and Chansey can cripple Ghost Arceus with Toxic, though they are setup fodder for Substitute sets and lose to Swords Dance variants.

Last edited:
Hmm I know this is still in WIP but what exactly is the big deal with sub cm exactly? I have honestly rarely seen it and it doesn't look too hot in theory.

I'm honestly unsure if support is worth its own set

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So we talked about Recover vs. Sub on the CM Arceus-Ghost set a couple days ago and I think I still lean toward liking Recover more. Tagging ZoroarkForever because I hear he is fond of the Sub set and I'd like to see if he has any new perspective to add.

I'm sort of torn on the support set. If most of the work wasn't already done and if it wasn't on site for as long as it has been I'd probably say don't bother, but I don't consider it a particularly poor set that deserves to be thrown out at this point. Mostly these days Giratina-O has stolen the spotlight of being an EKiller check that can Defog.

Anyways I can check this once it's in QC stage.

I love Sub CM Ghostceus, it is a really cool Pokemon on HO teams that can utterly savage fat teams while still severely pressuring Defog users, particularly SForce Giratina-O which SD Ghostceus struggles with (fuck Snatch mechanics ruining this set though, although once Blissey is weakened or slaughtered this set destroys stall). I wouldn't use Recover in this status-infested metagame tbh

Cranham
alrighty, i've mentioned this on ps a couple times and you said "maybe sunday" the last time - and there's been nothing, despite you having activity in other areas of the site. this shows a lack of motivation and "dgaf" in my eyes. it's also still in WIP over the QC stage which just amplifies this. in normal circumstances there is a 2 day period from wip > qc before reassigning is possible. it's been 11.

even though the forum is quiet and therefore an area of leniency by the mods is possible, there are still limits. taking an analysis and ignoring everything about it for 11 days without giving much of a reasonable excuse is not on my acceptable list.

i wanna see some progress (at least the writeup stage) by the end of this week or hear a pretty good excuse as to why, or else i'm forced to reassign.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
This is now ready for QC, sorry about the time it's taken, that's all on me leaving it to one side, but anyways I'll try my best to keep on top of it now. I've putten Support in other options, after reading views from QC and personal experiences, I don't think support can justify being worthy of it's own set anymore.

quick tip: the first two qc checks need the skeleton to still be in bullet point form (see my skeleton in hide tags at the bottom of this analysis for an idea), once you have qc 2/3, you then write it up fully. the third check looks over the content of the writing, then its sent to gp where they do their thing.

if you are ever confused about the steps, check the analysis index's op to keep on top of things.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is a nitpick, but I'm a bit on the edge of Adamant being a clear cut slash on the SD. I would personally keep it hidden in set details only just because you are trading niche scenarios for less-niche scenarios in my opinion. I think all it needs is a set details mention to be honest.

Diancie is a neat team option that I have seen work before (its not a clear memory though). I can see it working myself.

I'll let Sweep handle the CM set

OO looks good

C&C looks good to me

QC 1/3
QC_stamp.gif

Cynara

Banned deucer.
This is a nitpick, but I'm a bit on the edge of Adamant being a clear cut slash on the SD. I would personally keep it hidden in set details only just because you are trading niche scenarios for less-niche scenarios in my opinion. I think all it needs is a set details mention to be honest.

Diancie is a neat team option that I have seen work before (its not a clear memory though). I can see it working myself.

I'll let Sweep handle the CM set

OO looks good

C&C looks good to me

QC 1/3
View attachment 64330
I believe I have implented this, ready for 2nd Check

Mention in Usage Tips that setting up a Substitute to scout is a good way to counteract aggressive play when using CM ghostceus...it is honestly a better idea than clicking Focus Blast right off the bat and hoping you predict right.

qc 2/3

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Mention in Usage Tips that setting up a Substitute to scout is a good way to counteract aggressive play when using CM ghostceus...it is honestly a better idea than clicking Focus Blast right off the bat and hoping you predict right.

qc 2/3
Implented, guess I just write this up now?

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Cranham if this isn't done by Sunday then Nayrz or I will reassign it, this is taking a bit too long bud
I can get this done by Sunday, but I cant promise any earlier, I havent had alot of free time this week due to unexpected irl commitments cropping up all of a sudden along with the fact I work 40 hours a week, Sorry about the time it's taken and thank you for tagging me and remimding me about this , otherwise I might have actually forgotten about it.

E: I wrote the most of SD before getting ready work, and I'll to finish the write up tonight/saturday

Last edited:
Went over it on PS - content is fine, the analysis just needs a small amount of proofreading done to minimize GP workload as well as your own. You do have to edit in all their edits so its beneficial for your time as well as theirs! This thread will help you out.

QC 3/3

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Went over it on PS - content is fine, the analysis just needs a small amount of proofreading done to minimize GP workload as well as your own. You do have to edit in all their edits so its beneficial for your time as well as theirs! This thread will help you out.

QC 3/3
I've fixed as many grammar issues as I can, so I'm putting this into GP

amcheck (forgive me if i'm too noobz) Note: I'm drunk when i did this.

[OVERVIEW]

Ghost Arceus possesses a myriad of positive traits includtyping a solid both offensively and defensive typingly (otherwise, it sounds like it has two typings) along with the ability to handle common threats to offensive threats such as ExtremeKiller Arceus, Mega Kangaskhan,(AC) and Latios making it a good choice for offensive teams that require a solid setup sweeper that is able to handle these common threats. With 120 Bbase(lowercase) Stats across the board,(AC) Ghost Arceus naturally has a good speed tier and strong offensive prowess with both Swords Dance and Calm Mind sets to use backed up solid high base-(AH) powered STAB Aattacks ofsuch as Shadow Force and Judgment, that allow it to break down common walls in the Ubers tier such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Unlike other Swords Dance variants of Arceus such as ExtremeKiller, (AC) it is able to escape from Shadow Tag users such as Mega Gengar;(SC) therefore,(AC) it avoidings being revenged killed or trapped, one of the main positive traits that Ghost Arceus possesses to consider using it over other offensive Arceus variants.

However, despite all these positive traits Ghost Arceus suffers from being prone to Dark-types such as Yveltal and Darkrai, which possess a somewhat common offensive type in the Ubers mMetagame such as Yveltal and Darkrai, (AC) (doesn't "Dark-types" refer to Pokemon, not the type?) are able to easily dispatch of Ghost Arceus or force it to switch out, (RC). (Period) Swords Dance Ghost Arceus in particular is blocked by Yveltal due to its natural bulk (consider reconstructing cause "its" can also refer to Arceus) and its Dark / Flying typing means Ghost Arceus's Brick Break does very little to Yveltal. Dark Arceus is also able to handle both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance provides Ghost Arceus the ability to set up and potentially threaten a sweep being backed by Shadow Force ,(AC) a 120 BP STAB move,(RC) ;(SC) at +2,(AC) Shadow Force is able to OHKO the majority of the tier.(Period) Shadow Force is a 2 turn charge move where Ghost Arceus is immune to any kind of move regardless on the 1st turn if it manages to outspeed,(is this important? idk) however this turn makes Ghost Arceus very prone to momentum loss and allowing a free switch -(AH)in to an immunity such as ExtremeKiller Arceus. Brick Break is obligatory coverage in order to hit Normal Types such as ExtremeKiller Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan and to allow super effective coverage on Dark-types such as Darkrai that, (AC) which (imo, Dark-types in general tend to switch in) tend to switch in,;(SC) however,(AC) Brick Break is a relatively weak coverage move and should only be used for these desired targets. Extreme Speed gives Ghost Arceus a form of priority and to helps (parallelism) dispatch of common offensive threats to offense such as Deoxys-A or to pick off weakened faster targets such as Darkrai or even to help win against ExtremeKillers ( or ExtremeKiller Arceus) in one on one situations. Shadow Claw can be used in place of Extreme Speed on the final slot, if you're concerned about the unreliability or lack of PP that Shadow Force possesses, allowing for a weaker but more reliable STAB move that can prevent wasted usage of Shadow Force PP wheren Shadow Claw could OHKO a threat instead or prevent the opponent continuously switching between a Ghost and Normal-type due to sets lacking Shadow Claw being blocked by this.

Set Details
========

Max Speed and Attack EVs enable Ghost Arceus to maximisze its offensive prowess,;(SC) a Jolly nature is used so Ghost Arceus can at least speed tie with other max speed Arceus formes such as ExtremeKiller Arceus, while outspeeding other offensive threats such as Latios, Mega Lucario,(AC) and Gengar before a mega evolution,(RC) .(period) Gengar is unable to mMega eEvolve safely or it risks being OHKO'ed by Shadow Force due to its ability to break pgo through Protect. An Adamant nature can be opted for more power on specific teambuilds such as Sticky Web teams,(AC) which compensate for it's very noticeable drop in speed somewhat,;(SC) however Ghost Arceus is then still outsped by the likes of Latios due itsPokemon immunitye to Sticky Web such as Latios.

Usage Tips
========

Preserving Ghost Arceus is the most effective way for the Swords Dance set to be threatening and tends to be a later -(AH)game win condition. Never set up if the opponent still has healthy answers to Ghost Arceus such as Dark-Types,;@(SC)@! Yveltal in particular needs to be either weakened or removed before Ghost Arceus can threaten a sweep even if it has set up with Swords Dance,.(full stop) Shadow Force is prone to Sucker Punch from Yveltal on the charge turn,(AC) meaning it will take heavy damage if it tries to take on Yveltal head on. Once Ghost Arceus's (is it ' or 's?) checks are weakened or removed you,(AC) it can use Swords Dance and proceed to sweep (otherwise, you will be sweeping, not Arceus). Lugia and Giratina-O are common physical walls that are weak to Ghost STAB, making them somewhat good targets for setup. Ghost Arceus can also offensively threaten Latios, Mewtwo,(AC) and Mega Kangaskhan.

Team Options
========

Fairies such as Xerneas and Mega Diancie make good partners,(AC) being able to take care of common answers to Ghost Arceus,.(period) Choice Scarf Xerneas especially makes a good partner, being able to absorb sleep from Darkrai's Dark Void and easily dispatch of Darkrai. Ghost Arceus has a good defensive typing for an offensive Arceus and has an immunity to Extreme Speed a common priority move in the metagame,(sorry but i don't get why this is here.). (period) Deoxys-A is a powerful wallbreaker which falls to any strong priority from the likes of ExtremeKiller Arceus, and Rayquaza and appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed that Ghost Arceus provides, while helping to break walls to allow Ghost Arceus to sweep late -(AH)game or Ddispatch of faster threats on opposing offense. Darkrai is a threatening offensive partner with good synergy, being able to cripple switch -(AH)ins with Dark Void, putting them to sleep thus potentially giving Ghost Arceus opportunity to set up and can help pressure common defoggers such as Support Arceus formes and Giratina-O. Darkrai also appreciates Ghost Arceus's immunity to Superpower and Extreme Speed from the likes of Deoxys-A, which tends to be a common revenge killer or anti-(AH) lead for Darkrai, i.(period) If you predict either of these moves, Ghost Arceus can switch in and try to scare Deoxys-A out. Rayquaza variants such as Mixed and Choice Band make good partners;(RSC) due to its ability to help break down walls and pressure common defoggers such as support Arceus formes,;(SC) in return,(AC) Rayquaza appreciates Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Speed users such as Arceus and Deoxys-A. Toxic Spikes offense builds are also a good idea, ts;(SC) Toxic sSpikes setters such as Cloyster orand Greninja are the most common, while Ghost Arceus provides a spinblocking ability thanks to its Ghost typing, o.(period) One of the other main applications is the ability to abuse poison damage from Toxic Spikes and slowly put pressure on opposing teams with Shadow Force due to it being a two turn move, where Ghost Arceus can't be attacked on the first turn if it manages to outspeed. Primal Groudon is usually the sStealth rRock user of choice for Ghost Arceus teams giving the team, with an offensive Stealth rRocker usetr being the most effective,. (period) However,(AC) Rock Polish Primal Groudon can also help with opposing offense builds. W while Swords Dance sets help break apart defensive cores. With a rRock pPolish or Swords Dance Primal Groudon, Dialga with Shuca bBerry makes a solid alternative offensive Stealth Rock user, providing a Mega Salamence check for offense teams, while possessing the ability to beat all Magic Bouncers and consistently getting Stealth rRock against them. Mega Salamence is able to help weaken defensive Yveltal variants with Double Edge or OHKOing offensive variants. Mega Salamence also gives more security versus ExtremeKiller Arceus, relieving some pressure off Ghost Arceus.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Calm Mind Aallows Ghost Arceus to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense simultaneously, (AC) providing Ghost Arceus with potential to sweep,;(SC) the Special dDefense boost makes it harder for special attackers to break through. Judgment is a reliable 120 STAB move, (or ...with 120 BP);(SC) Focus Blast provides Ghost Arceus with perfect coverage,(AC) allowing it to hit ExtremeKiller Arceus and Kangaskhan,(AC) while denting switch -(AH)ins such as Tyranitar. Substitute helps protect Ghost Arceus from crippling status moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic. (Recover?)

Set Details
========

Maximum Special aAttack and sSpeed EVs give Ghost Arceus maximum offensive prowess,;(SC) max simum Speed with a Timid nature meanhelps it to at least speed ties with opposing max simum Speed Arceus Fformes such as ExtremeKiller Arceus,.(period) Maximum Special attack is used to deal as much damage as possible and so Arceus Ghost can sweep with as few Calm Mind boosts as possible.

Usage Tips
========

It is best to utilisze Ghost Arceus later in the game to threaten a sweep if it's the main win condition,; (S) otherwise,(AC) it can help break walls early-mid game. sSetting up Calm Minds helps out Ghost Arceus offensively and defensively, (AC) giving it a good sweeping potential. Substitute allows enables(pick one) Ghost Arceus to set up Calm Mind much safer by blocking status, status is a common response to a Calm Mind Arceus,. (full stop) Substitute can also be used to help counteract or even scout for aggressive play, which is generally much safer than just firing off Focus Blast,;(SC) however,(AC) Ghost Arceus can lure in certain checks such as Tyranitar and Darkrai who get dented by Focus Blast on the switch -(AH)in.

Calm Mind Ghost Arceus is actually really effective at dismantling stall teams,;(SC) however,(AC) a healthy Multiscale Lugia can phaze out Ghost Arceus attempting to sweep, so it's essential to make sure Lugia has Multiscale broken first, t.(Full Stop) Try to have sStealth rRock up versus stall so Lugia can't come in on Ghost Arceus,.(period) Blissey and Chansey are common on stall and can be used as fodder for Substitute, though Ghost Arceus will have a tough time setting up Calm Minds due to sSnatch.

Team Options
========

HPokemon that can set up hazards such as Toxic Spikes make a good team option,. Greninja and Cloyster make a good team option,;(SC) Ghost aArceus backs them up with some spin blocking ability and Toxic Spikes helps pressure Support Arceus formes to force them to rRecover and get a Calm Mind Boost then a sSubstitute. Stealth rRock Primal Groudon is the most consistent Stealth Rock setter for Calm Mind Ghost Arceus teams, s. Special Ghost Arceus sets tend to struggle against Ho-Oh without Stealth Rock and can't effectively break through Lugia if Multiscale is intact. Rock Polish sets can also be considered with an alternative Stealth rock setter such as Dialga,;(SC) in return,(AC) Dialga provides a more defined Mega Salamence check. Offensive variants of Yveltal can provide a breaker with immediate power with good offensive synergy along with a gGround type immunity, Yveltal can help break down Ghost Arceus checks and to help it sweep late in the game. Choice Scarf Xerneas is a fFairy-type to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal either Choice Scarfand to absorb sleep from Dark vVoid or running Geomancy Xerneas with another Darkrai answer. Mega Diancie is also another option to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal and has an option to run Stealth Rock as an effective anti-lead to Deoxys-S and Darkrai, especially on hazard stacking builds such as Toxic Spikes offense. Rayquaza sets such as MixQuaza, Dragon Dance and Choice Band makes an effective wallbreaker paired with Ghost Arceus to apply pressure on dDefoggers and force switch-(AH) ins, Rayquaza appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed Ghost Arceus provides,.(period) Rayquaza also helps out against sand offense teams due to Air Lock. Mega Salamence is another Dragon -type to consider as a wallbreaker with Double Edge or even as a secondary win condition, being able to weaken up common threats such as defensive Yveltal as well as providing a Primal Groudon check. Deoxys-A and Darkrai really appreciate Ghost Arceus's ability to check ExtremeKiller Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan due to their,;(SC) Deoxys-A and Darkrai can help with revenginge killing(lol) due to high sSpeed,. Deoxys-A is especially useful of dispatching of faster threats on opposing offense, due to its insanely high offense stats,(AC) being able to dent considerably. Darkrai is able to cripple switch-(AH) ins with Dark Void.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Ghost Arceus can attempt a support set with Defog and Will-O-Wisp on specific teambuilds that already compensate for Ho-oh with Mmaximum Speed and Mmaximum HP,;(SC) however,(AC) it's best left to other support Arceus formes such as Water and Dragon Arceus due to their ability to check Ho-oh and superior defensive typing and generally fit more variety of teambuilds. Thunder can be used over Focus Blast to hit Yveltal, Ho-Oh,(AC) and Kyogre harder, howeverbut Ghost Arceus loses out on perfect coverage and the ability to hit Tyranitar, Blissey,(AC) and Chansey for any reasonable amount of damage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Darkrai**: Darkrai can cripple itGhost Arceus with Dark Void or revenge kill with Dark Pulse, though it has to be weary of trying to switch in, (AC) risking a Brick Break or Focus Blast on a predicted switch.

**Yveltal**: Yveltal generally walls Swords Dance, Ghost Arceus;(SC) defensive Yveltal prevents Swords Dance Ghost Arceus from executing a sweep,.(period) Ghost Arceus takes a lot from Dark Pulse on offensive variants,;(SC) a weakened Ghost Arceus can be picked off by Sucker Punch.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh gives special variants of Ghost Arceus a hard time due to its high sSpecial dDefense, especially if Stealth Rock isn’t set up,;(SC) physical Ghost Arceus also has to be weary of Sacred Fire burns.

**Dark Arceus**: Albeit rare, Dark Arceus can take on both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out or even try to set up Calm Mind on Ghost Arceus, taking little from an un-boosted Brick Break, though;(SC) however, it has to take caution switching into Focus Blast

**Mega Gengar**: CMega Gengar can't switch in or mMega eEvolve safely on Ghost Arceus, howeverbut it can revenge kill a weakened Ghost Arceus if it has mMega eEvolved, though Ghost Arceus is able to escape Shadow Tag.(period)

**Giratina-O**: NThough Giratina-O is not a switch -(AH)in, however it does a considerable amount of damage to Ghost Arceus with Shadow Sneak, soallowing it canto pick off weakened ones,Ghost Arceus. (period) Ghost Arceus lacking Shadow Claw could potentially lose to Shadow Force Giratina-O due to Giratina being slower,;(SC) Giratina-O is 2HKO'ed by Judgment and Shadow Claw respectively however.

**Blissey and Chansey**: Blissey and Chansey can cripple Ghost Arceus with Toxic, though they are setup fodder for sSubstitute and lose to Swords Dance variants.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

remove
add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/2
[OVERVIEW]

Ghost Arceus possesses a myriad of positive traits, (AC) including a solid both offensive and defensive typing along with the ability to handle common threats to offense such as Extreme(space)Killer Arceus, Mega Kangaskhan, (AC) and Latios, (AC) making it a good choice for offensive teams that require a solid setup sweeper that is able to handle these common threats. With 120 base stats across the board, (AC) Ghost Arceus naturally has a good speed tier and strong offensive prowess, (AC) combined with the ability to use both Swords Dance and Calm Mind sets to use backed up by solid high-Base (AH) Power STAB attacks of in Shadow Force and Judgment (RC) that allow it to break down common walls in the Ubers tier such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Unlike other Swords Dance variants of Arceus such as Extreme(space)Killer, (AC) it is able to escape from Shadow Tag users such as Mega Gengar, (AC) therefore avoiding being revenged killed or trapped, one of the main positive traits that Ghost Arceus possesses to consider using over other offensive Arceus variants.

However, despite all these positive traits Ghost Arceus suffers from being prone vulnerable to Dark-types, a somewhat common offensive type typing in the Ubers metagame, (AC) and Pokemon such as Yveltal and Darkrai are able to easily dispatch of Ghost Arceus or force it to switch out, Swords Dance Ghost Arceus in particular is blocked by Yveltal due to its natural bulk, (AC) and Yveltal's Dark / Flying typing means Ghost Arceus's Brick Break does very little to Yveltal it. Dark Arceus is also able to handle both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance provides Ghost Arceus with the ability to set(space)up and potentially threaten a sweep being backed by Shadow Force, (AC) a 120 BP STAB move, at +2 Shadow Force which is able to OHKO the majority of the tier at +2; (SC) Shadow Force is a 2 turn charge move where Ghost Arceus is immune to any kind of move regardless on the 1st turn if it manages to outspeed, however, (AC) this the charge turn makes Ghost Arceus very prone to momentum loss and allowing can allow a free switch into an immunity Pokemon immune to it such as Extreme(space)Killer Arceus. Brick Break is an obligatory coverage in order to hit Normal-types (space) such as Extreme(space)Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan and to allow gain super effective coverage on Dark-types such as Darkrai that tend to switch in; (SC) however, (AC) Brick Break it is a relatively weak coverage move and should only be used for these desired targets. Extreme Speed gives Ghost Arceus a form of priority and to help helps dispatch of common threats to offense such as Deoxys-A or to pick off weakened faster targets such as Darkrai, (AC) or and it can even to help to win against Extreme(space)Killer in one-on-one (AH) situations. Shadow Claw can be used in place of Extreme Speed on the final slot, if you're concerned about the unreliability or lack of PP that Shadow Force possesses, allowing for providing a weaker but more reliable STAB move that can prevent wasted usage of Shadow Force PP where Shadow Claw could OHKO a threat instead or prevent the opponent continuously switching between a Ghost and Normal-type due to sets lacking Shadow Claw being blocked by this.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and Attack EVs enable Ghost Arceus to maximise maximize its offensive prowess, and a Jolly nature is used so Ghost Arceus can at least Speed tie with other max speed Arceus formes such as Extreme(space)Killer Arceus, while outspeeding as well as outspeed other offensive threats such as Latios, Mega Lucario, (AC) and Gengar before a mega evolution it Mega Evolve. (AP) Gengar also is unable to Mega Evolve safely, (AC) or it risks being OHKO'd OHKOed by Shadow Force due to its ability to break Protect. An Adamant nature can be opted chosen for more power on specific teambuilds such as Sticky Web teams, (AC) which compensate for it's its very noticeable drop in Speed somewhat; (SC) however, (AC) Ghost Arceus is then still outsped by the likes of Latios due its immunity to Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Preserving Ghost Arceus is the most effective way for the Swords Dance set to be threatening, (AC) and it tends to be a later game win condition late-game wincon. Never set(space)up if the opponent still has healthy answers to Ghost Arceus such as Dark-types; (SC) Yveltal in particular needs to be either weakned weakened or removed before Ghost Arceus can threaten a sweep, (AC) even if it has set(space)up with Swords Dance, and Shadow Force is prone leaves Ghost Arceus vulnerable to Sucker Punch from Yveltal on the charge turn, (AC) meaning it will take heavy damage if it tries to take on Yveltal head on. Once Ghost Arceus checks are have been weakened or removed, (AC) you can set up Swords Dance and proceed to sweep. Lugia and Giratina-O are common physical walls that are weak to Ghost STAB, making them somewhat good targets for setup. Ghost Arceus can also offensively threaten Latios, Mewtwo, (AC) and Mega Kangaskhan.

Team Options
========

Fairies such as Xerneas and Mega Diancie make good partners being able for their ability to take care of common answers to Ghost Arceus; (SC) Choice Scarf Xerneas especially makes a good partner, being able to absorb sleep from Darkrai's Dark Void and easily dispatch of Darkrai. Ghost Arceus has a good defensive typing for an offensive Arceus and has an immunity to Extreme Speed, (AC) a common priority move in the metagame, which Deoxys-A is a powerful wallbreaker which appreciates because it falls to any strong priority move from the likes of Extreme(space)Killer Arceus (RC) and Rayquaza and appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed that Ghost Arceus provides; (SC) while helping in return, it helps to break walls to allow Ghost Arceus to sweep late-game (AH) or dispatch of faster threats on opposing offense. Darkrai is a threatening offensive partner with good synergy, being able to cripple switch-ins (AH) with Dark Void, putting them to sleep thus potentially giving Ghost Arceus an opportunity to set(space)up, (AC) and can to help pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes and Giratina-O. Darkrai also appreciates Ghost Arceus's immunity to Superpower and Extreme Speed from the likes of Deoxys-A, which tends to be a common revenge killer or anti lead for Darkrai it; (SC) if you predict either of these moves, Ghost Arceus can switch in and try to scare Deoxys-A out. Rayquaza variants such as mixed and Choice Band sets make good partners (SC) due to its their ability to help break down walls and pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes; (SC) in return Rayquaza appreciates Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Speed users such as Arceus and Deoxys-A. Toxic Spikes offense builds are also a good idea, toxic spike with setters such as Cloyster or and Greninja are being the most common, while Ghost Arceus provides a spinblocking ability utility thanks to its Ghost typing; (SC) one of the other main applications is the ability to abuse rack up additional poison damage from Toxic Spikes and slowly put pressure on opposing teams with Shadow Force due to it being a two-turn (AH) move, where Ghost Arceus can't be attacked on the first turn if it manages to outspeed. (seems kinda redundant / self explanatory) Primal Groudon is usually the stealth rocker Stealth Rock setter of choice for Ghost Arceus teams, (AC) giving the team (...), with an offensive Stealth rocker set being most effective. (AP) However, (AC) Rock Polish Primal Groudon can also help with opposing offense builds, (comma) while Swords Dance sets help break apart defensive cores. With a Rock Polish or Swords Dance Primal Groudon, Dialga with Shuca Berry makes a solid alternative offensive Stealth Rock setter, providing a Mega Salamence check for offense teams, while possessing as well as the ability to beat all Magic Bounce users and consistently getting up Stealth Rock against them. Mega Salamence is able to help weaken defensive Yveltal variants with Double-Edge (AH) or OHKOing offensive variants. Mega Salamence also gives more security versus Extreme(space)Killer Arceus, relieving taking some pressure off Ghost Arceus.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Calm Mind Allows Ghost Arceus to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense simultaneously, (AC) providing Ghost Arceus it with potential to sweep, Special defense boost make while simultaneosly making it harder for special attackers to break through. Judgment is a reliable 120 100-Base Power STAB move, and Focus Blast provides Ghost Arceus with perfect coverage, (AC) notably allowing it to hit Extreme(space)Killer Arceus and Kangaskhan while denting switch-ins (AH) such as Tyranitar. Substitute helps protect Ghost Arceus from crippling status moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed EVs give Ghost Arceus maximum offensive prowess, max speed with and a Timid nature means it at least Speed ties with opposing max speed Arceus formes such as Extreme(space)Killer Arceus; (SC) maximum Special Attack is used to deal as much damage as possible and so Arceus Ghost can sweep with as few Calm Mind boosts as possible.

Usage Tips
========

It is best to utilise utilize Ghost Arceus later game late-game to threaten a sweep if it's the main win condition wincon; (SC) otherwise, (AC) it can help break the opposing team early- and mid-game. (AH) Setting up Calm Minds helps out Ghost Arceus offensively and defensively, (AC) giving it a good sweeping potential. Substitute allows enables Ghost Arceus to set(space)up Calm Mind much safer more safely by blocking status, status which is a common response to a Calm Mind Arceus; (SC) Substitute the move can also be used to help counteract or even scout for aggressive play, which is generally much safer than just firing off Focus Blast; (SC) however, (AC) Ghost Arceus can also lure in certain checks such as Tyranitar and Darkrai who get dented by and dent then with Focus Blast on the switch in.

Calm Mind Ghost Arceus is actually really effective at dismantling stall teams; (SC) however, (AC) a healthy Multiscale Lugia can phaze out Ghost Arceus attempting to sweep, so it's essential to make sure Lugia has Multiscale broken first. (AP) Therefore, (AC) try to have Stealth Rock up versus stall so Lugia can't come in on Ghost Arceus. (period) Blissey and Chansey are common on stall and can be used as fodder for Substitute, though Ghost Arceus will have a tough time setting up Calm Minds due to Snatch.

Team Options
========

Setters of entry hazards such as Toxic Spikes make a good team option, with Greninja and Cloyster make a good team option being good examples; (SC) Ghost Arceus backs them up with some its spin blocking spinblocking ability, (AC) and while Toxic Spikes help pressure support Arceus formes to force them to Recover and subsequently allow Ghost Arceus to get a Calm Mind boost and then a Substitute. Stealth Rock Primal Groudon is the most consistent Stealth Rock setter for Calm Mind Ghost Arceus teams; (SC) special Ghost Arceus sets tend to struggle against Ho-Oh without Stealth Rock being up and can't effectively break Lugia if Multiscale is intact. Rock Polish sets can also be considered with an alternative Stealth Rock setter such as Dialga; (SC) in return Dialga provides a more defined Mega Salamence check. Offensive variants of Yveltal can provide a breaker with immediate power with and good offensive synergy along with a Ground immunity; (SC) Yveltal can help break down Ghost Arceus checks and to help it sweep late-game. (AH) Xerneas is a Fairy-type to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal, (AC) either a Choice Scarf set to absorb sleep from Dark Void or running Geomancy Xerneas with another Darkrai answer. Mega Diancie is also another option to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal and that also has an the option to run Stealth Rock as an effective anti-lead to Deoxys-S and Darkrai, especially on hazard stacking builds such as Toxic Spikes offense. Rayquaza sets such as MixQuaza, Dragon Dance, (AC) and Choice Band makes make an effective wallbreaker paired with Ghost Arceus to apply pressure on Defoggers and force switch-ins, (what does this mean?) and Rayquaza appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed Ghost Arceus provides; (SC) Rayquaza also helps out against sand offense teams due to Air Lock. Mega Salamence is another Dragon type to consider as a wallbreaker with Double-Edge (AH) or even as a secondary win condition wincon, being able to weaken up common threats such as defensive Yveltal as well as providing a Primal Groudon check. Deoxys-A and Darkrai really appreciate Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme(space)Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan due to their (something went wrong here?), and Deoxys-A and Darkrai they can help with revenging killing due to high Speed; (SC) Deoxys-A is especially useful of for dispatching of faster threats on opposing offense, due to its insanely high offensive stats being able enabling it to dent the oppositionconsiderably. Darkrai is able to cripple switch-ins (AH) with Dark Void.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Ghost Arceus can attempt a support set with Defog and Will-O-Wisp and maximum Speed and HP on specific teambuilds that already compensate for have Ho-Oh covered with Max Speed and Max HP, however but it's best left to other support Arceus formes such as Water and Dragon Arceus, (AC) due to their ability to which can check Ho-Oh, (AC) have a and superior defensive typing, (AC) and generally fit more on a greater variety of teambuilds. Thunder can be used over Focus Blast to hit Yveltal, Ho-Oh and Kyogre harder; (SC) however, (AC) Ghost Arceus loses out on perfect coverage and the ability to hit Tyranitar, Blissey, (AC) and Chansey for any reasonable amount of damage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Darkrai**: Darkrai can cripple it Ghost Arceus with Dark Void or revenge kill it with Dark Pulse, though it has to be weary wary (weary = tired, wary = cautious) of trying to switch in risking a Brick Break or Focus Blast on a predicted switch while trying to switch in.

**Yveltal**: Yveltal generally walls Swords Dance sets, defensive Yveltal prevents Swords Dance Ghost Arceus from executing a sweep, Ghost Arceus takes a lot from Dark Pulse on offensive variants, and a weakened Ghost Arceus can be picked off by Sucker Punch.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh gives special variants of Ghost Arceus a hard time due to its high Special Defense, especially if Stealth Rock isn't (apo) up; (SC) physical Ghost Arceus also has to be weary wary of Sacred Fire burns.

**Dark Arceus**: Albeit rare, Dark Arceus can take on both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out or even try to set up Calm Mind on Ghost Arceus it, taking little from an un-boosted unboosted Brick Break, though it has to take caution switching into Focus Blast. (AP)

**Mega Gengar**: Gengar can't switch in or Mega Evolve safely on Ghost Arceus; (SC) however, (AC) it can revenge kill a weakened Ghost Arceus if it has Mega Evolved. (period) Note, (AC) though, (AC) that Ghost Arceus is able to escape Shadow Tag. (AP)

**Giratina-O**: Not a While Giratina-O can't switch in on Ghost Arceus, however it does a considerable amount to Ghost Arceus of damage with Shadow Sneak, so it can pick off weakened ones; (SC) additionally, (AC) Ghost Arceus lacking Shadow Claw could potentially lose to Shadow Force Giratina-O due to Giratina being slower. (AP) Giratina-O is 2HKO'd 2HKOed by Judgment and Shadow Claw, (AC) respectively however.

**Blissey and Chansey**: Blissey and Chansey can cripple Ghost Arceus with Toxic, though they are setup fodder for Substitute sets and lose to Swords Dance variants.

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
please implement GP checks more carefully.

1. hit Reply on my post
2. remove red stuff
3. read and then remove the (comments) / (comments)
4. highlight the blue additions and then click this button in the green box

5. paste back into the OP

GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Ghost Arceus possesses a myriad of positive traits, including a solid offensive and defensive typing along with the ability to handle common threats to offense such as Extreme Killer Arceus, Mega Kangaskhan, and Latios, making it a good choice for offensive teams that require a solid setup sweeper that is able to handle these common threats. With 120 base 120 stats across the board, (ADD COMMA) Ghost Arceus, (REMOVE COMMA) naturally has a good Speed tier and strong offensive prowess, combined with the ability to use both Swords Dance and Calm Mind sets backed up by solid high-Base Power STAB attacks in Shadow Force and Judgment that allow it to break down common walls in the Ubers Uber tier such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Unlike other Swords Dance variants of Arceus such as Extreme Killer, it is able to escape from Shadow Tag users such as Mega Gengar, therefore avoiding being revenged killed or trapped.

However, despite all these positive traits Ghost Arceus suffers from being vulnerable to Dark-types, a somewhat common offensive typing in the Ubers metagame, and Pokemon such as Yveltal and Darkrai are able to easily dispatch of Ghost Arceus or force it to switch out. (ADD PERIOD) Swords Dance Ghost Arceus in particular is blocked by Yveltal due to its natural bulk, and Yveltal's Dark / Flying typing means Ghost Arceus's Brick Break does very little to it. Dark Arceus is also able to handle both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance provides Ghost Arceus with the ability to set up and potentially threaten a sweep being backed by Shadow Force, which is able to OHKO the majority of the tier at +2; however, (ADD COMMA) the charge turn makes Ghost Arceus very prone to momentum loss and can allow a free switch to a Pokemon immune to it such as Extreme Killer Arceus. Brick Break is an obligatory coverage move in order to hit Normal-types such as Extreme Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan and to gain super effective coverage on Dark-types such as Darkrai that tend to switch in; however, (ADD COMMA) it is a relatively weak and should only be used for these desired targets. Extreme Speed gives Ghost Arceus a form of priority and helps dispatch of common threats to offense such as Deoxys-A or pick off weakened faster targets such as Darkrai, and it can even help to win against Extreme Killer in one-on-one situations. Shadow Claw can be used in place of Extreme Speed on the final slot, if you're concerned about the unreliability or lack of PP that Shadow Force possesses, providing for a weaker but more reliable STAB move that can prevent wasted usage of Shadow Force PP where Shadow Claw could OHKO a threat instead or prevent the opponent continuously switching between a Ghost- (ADD HYPHEN) and Normal-type due to sets lacking Shadow Claw being blocked by this.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and Attack EVs enable Ghost Arceus to maximize its offensive prowess, and a Jolly nature is used so Ghost Arceus can at least Speed tie with other maximum Speed Arceus formes such as Extreme Killer Arceus, as well as outspeed other offensive threats such as Latios, Mega Lucario, and Gengar before it Mega Evolves. Gengar also is unable to Mega Evolve safely, or it risks being OHKOed by Shadow Force due to its ability to break Protect. An Adamant nature can be chosen for more power on specific team builds such as Sticky Web teams, which somewhat compensate for its very noticeable drop in Speed somewhat; however, Ghost Arceus is then still outsped by the likes of Latios due its immunity to Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Preserving Ghost Arceus is the most effective way for the Swords Dance set to be threatening, and it tends to be a later-game wincon. Never set up if the opponent still has healthy answers to Ghost Arceus such as Dark-types; Yveltal in particular needs to be either weakened or removed before Ghost Arceus can threaten a sweep, even if it has set up with Swords Dance, and Shadow Force leaves Ghost Arceus vulnerable to Sucker Punch from Yveltal on the charge turn, meaning it will take heavy damage if it tries to take on Yveltal head on. Once Ghost Arceus checks have been weakened or removed, you can set up Swords Dance and proceed to sweep. Lugia and Giratina-O are common physical walls that are weak to Ghost, (ADD COMMA) making them somewhat good targets for setup. Ghost Arceus can also offensively threaten Latios, Mewtwo, and Mega Kangaskhan.

Team Options
========

Fairies such as Xerneas and Mega Diancie make good partners for their ability to take care of common answers to Ghost Arceus; Choice Scarf Xerneas especially makes a good partner, being able to absorb sleep from Darkrai's Dark Void and easily dispatch of Darkrai. Ghost Arceus has a good defensive typing for an offensive Arceus and has an immunity to Extreme Speed, a common priority move in the metagame. (ADD PERIOD) Deoxys-A appreciates this immunity because it falls to any strong priority move from the likes of Extreme Killer Arceus and Rayquaza and appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed that Ghost Arceus provides; in return, it helps to break walls to allow Ghost Arceus to sweep late-game or dispatch of faster threats on opposing offense. Darkrai is a threatening offensive partner with good synergy, being able to cripple switch-ins with Dark Void, putting them to sleep and thus potentially giving Ghost Arceus an opportunity to set up, and to help pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes and Giratina-O. Darkrai also appreciates Ghost Arceus's immunity to Superpower and Extreme Speed from the likes of Deoxys-A, which tends to be a common revenge killer or anti-lead to it; if you predict either of these moves, Ghost Arceus can switch in and try to scare Deoxys-A out. Rayquaza variants such as mixed and Choice Band sets make good partners; (REMOVE SEMICOLON) due to their ability to help break down walls and pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes; in return Rayquaza appreciates Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Speed users such as Arceus and Deoxys-A. Toxic Spikes offense builds are also a good idea, with setters such as Cloyster and Greninja being the most common, while Ghost Arceus provides spinblocking utility thanks to its Ghost typing; one of the other main applications is the ability to rack up additional poison damage from Toxic Spikes and slowly put pressure on opposing teams with Shadow Force due to it being a two-turn move. Primal Groudon is usually the Stealth Rock setter of choice for Ghost Arceus teams, (ADD COMMA) with an offensive set being most effective. However, Rock Polish Primal Groudon can also help with opposing offense builds, while Swords Dance sets help break apart defensive cores. With a Rock Polish or Swords Dance Primal Groudon, Dialga with Shuca Berry makes a solid alternative offensive Stealth Rock setter, providing a Mega Salamence check for offense teams, as well as the ability to beat all Magic Bounce users and consistently get up Stealth Rock against them. Mega Salamence is able to help weaken defensive Yveltal variants with Double-Edge or OHKO offensive variants. Mega Salamence also gives more security versus Extreme Killer Arceus, taking some pressure off Ghost Arceus.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Calm Mind Allows Ghost Arceus to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense simultaneously, providing it with potential to sweep while simultaneosly making it harder for special attackers to break through. Judgment is a reliable 100-Base Power STAB move, and Focus Blast provides Ghost Arceus with perfect coverage, notably allowing it to hit Extreme Killer Arceus and Kangaskhan while denting switch-ins such as Tyranitar. Substitute helps protect Ghost Arceus from crippling status moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed EVs give Ghost Arceus maximum offensive prowess, and a Timid nature means it at least Speed ties with opposing Arceus formes such as Extreme Killer Arceus; maximum Special Attack is used to deal as much damage as possible and so Arceus Ghost can sweep with as few Calm Mind boosts as possible.

Usage Tips
========

It is best to utilize Ghost Arceus late-game to threaten a sweep if it's the main wincon; otherwise, it can help break the opposing team early- and mid-game. Setting up Calm Minds helps out Ghost Arceus offensively and defensively, giving it good sweeping potential. Substitute enables Ghost Arceus to set up Calm Mind much more safely by blocking status, which is a common response to a Calm Mind Arceus; the move can also be used to help counteract or even scout for aggressive play, which is generally much safer than just firing off Focus Blast; however, Ghost Arceus can also lure in certain checks such as Tyranitar and Darkrai and dent then them with Focus Blast on the switch in.

Calm Mind Ghost Arceus is actually really effective at dismantling stall teams; however, a healthy Multiscale Lugia can phaze Ghost Arceus attempting to sweep, so it's essential to make sure Lugia has Multiscale broken first. Therefore, try to have Stealth Rock up versus stall so Lugia can't come in on Ghost Arceus. Blissey and Chansey are common on stall and can be used as fodder for Substitute, though Ghost Arceus will have a tough time setting up Calm Minds due to Snatch.

Team Options
========

Setters of entry hazards such as Toxic Spikes make a good team option, with Greninja and Cloyster being good examples; Ghost Arceus backs them up with its spinblocking ability, while Toxic Spikes help pressure support Arceus formes to force them to Recover and subsequently allow Ghost Arceus to get a Calm Mind boost and then a Substitute. Primal Groudon is the most consistent Stealth Rock setter for Calm Mind Ghost Arceus teams; special Ghost Arceus sets tend to struggle against Ho-Oh without Stealth Rock being up and can't effectively break Lugia if Multiscale is intact. Rock Polish sets can also be considered with an alternative Stealth Rock setter such as Dialga; in return Dialga provides a more defined Mega Salamence check. Offensive variants of Yveltal can provide a breaker with immediate power and good offensive synergy along with a Ground immunity; Yveltal can help break down Ghost Arceus checks and help it sweep late-game. Xerneas is a Fairy-type to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal—either a Choice Scarf set to absorb sleep from Dark Void or Geomancy Xerneas with another Darkrai answer. Mega Diancie is also another option to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal that also has the option to run Stealth Rock as an effective anti-lead to Deoxys-S and Darkrai, especially on hazard-stacking (ADD HYPHEN) builds such as Toxic Spikes offense. Rayquaza sets such as MixQuaza, Dragon Dance, and Choice Band make an effective wallbreakers paired with Ghost Arceus to apply pressure on Defoggers, (AC) and Rayquaza appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed Ghost Arceus provides; Rayquaza also helps out against sand offense teams due to Air Lock. Mega Salamence is another Dragon type to consider as a wallbreaker with Double-Edge or even as a secondary wincon, being able to weaken common threats such as defensive Yveltal as well as providing a Primal Groudon check. Deoxys-A and Darkrai really appreciate Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan due to their weakness to strong priority, and they can help with revengeing killing due to their high Speed; Deoxys-A is especially useful for dispatching of faster threats on opposing offense, due to its insanely high offensive stats enabling it to dent the opposition considerably. Darkrai is able to cripple switch-ins with Dark Void.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Ghost Arceus can attempt a support set with Defog and Will-O-Wisp and maximum Speed and HP on specific teambuilds that already have Ho-Oh covered, (AC) but it's best left to other support Arceus formes such as Water and Dragon Arceus, which can check Ho-Oh, (AC) (KEEP COMMA BUT REMOVE COMMENTS) have a superior defensive typing, and generally fit on a greater variety of team builds. Thunder can be used over Focus Blast to hit Yveltal, Ho-Oh, (ADD COMMA) and Kyogre harder; however, Ghost Arceus loses out on perfect coverage and the ability to hit Tyranitar, Blissey, and Chansey for any reasonable amount of damage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Darkrai**: Darkrai can cripple Ghost Arceus with Dark Void or revenge kill it with Dark Pulse, though it has to be wary of Brick Break or Focus Blast while trying to switch in.

**Yveltal**: Yveltal generally walls Swords Dance sets, and defensive Yveltal prevents Swords Dance Ghost Arceus from executing a sweep. (ADD PERIOD) Ghost Arceus takes a lot from Dark Pulse on offensive variants, (REMOVE COMMA) and a weakened Ghost Arceus can be picked off by Sucker Punch when weakened.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh gives special variants of Ghost Arceus a hard time due to its high Special Defense, especially if Stealth Rock isn't up; physical Ghost Arceus also has to be wary of Sacred Fire burns.

**Dark Arceus**: Albeit rare, Dark Arceus can take on both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out or even try to set up Calm Mind on it, taking little from an unboosted Brick Break, though it has to take caution switching into Focus Blast.

**Mega Gengar**: Gengar can't switch in or Mega Evolve safely on Ghost Arceus; however, it can revenge kill a weakened Ghost Arceus if it has Mega Evolved. Note, though, that Ghost Arceus is able to escape Shadow Tag.

**Giratina-O**: While Giratina-O can't switch in on Ghost Arceus, it does a considerable amount of damage with Shadow Sneak, so it can pick off weakened ones; additionally, Ghost Arceus lacking Shadow Claw could potentially lose to Shadow Force Giratina-O due to Giratina being slower. Giratina-O is 2HKOed by Judgment and Shadow Claw, however.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
please implement GP checks more carefully.

1. hit Reply on my post
2. remove red stuff
3. read and then remove the (comments) / (comments)
4. highlight the blue additions and then click this button in the green box

5. paste back into the OP

GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Ghost Arceus possesses a myriad of positive traits, including a solid offensive and defensive typing along with the ability to handle common threats to offense such as Extreme Killer Arceus, Mega Kangaskhan, and Latios, making it a good choice for offensive teams that require a solid setup sweeper that is able to handle these common threats. With base 120 stats across the board, Ghost Arceus naturally has a good Speed tier and strong offensive prowess, combined with the ability to use both Swords Dance and Calm Mind sets backed up by solid high-Base Power STAB attacks in Shadow Force and Judgment that allow it to break down common walls in the Uber tier such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Unlike other Swords Dance variants of Arceus such as Extreme Killer, it is able to escape from Shadow Tag users such as Mega Gengar, therefore avoiding being revenged killed or trapped.

However, Ghost Arceus suffers from being vulnerable to Dark-types, a somewhat common offensive typing in the Ubers metagame, and Pokemon such as Yveltal and Darkrai are able to easily dispatch of Ghost Arceus or force it to switch out. Swords Dance Ghost Arceus in particular is blocked by Yveltal due to its natural bulk, and Yveltal's Dark / Flying typing means Ghost Arceus's Brick Break does very little to it. Dark Arceus is also able to handle both Ghost Arceus sets and scare it out.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance provides Ghost Arceus with the ability to set up and potentially threaten a sweep backed by Shadow Force, which is able to OHKO the majority of the tier at +2; however, the charge turn makes Ghost Arceus very prone to momentum loss and can allow a free switch to a Pokemon immune to it such as Extreme Killer Arceus. Brick Break is an obligatory coverage move in order to hit Normal-types such as Extreme Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan and to gain super effective coverage on Dark-types such as Darkrai that tend to switch in; however, it is relatively weak and should only be used for these desired targets. Extreme Speed gives Ghost Arceus a form of priority and helps dispatch of common threats to offense such as Deoxys-A or pick off weakened faster targets such as Darkrai, and it can even help to win against Extreme Killer in one-on-one situations. Shadow Claw can be used in place of Extreme Speed on the final slot, if you're concerned about the unreliability or lack of PP that Shadow Force possesses, providing for a weaker but more reliable STAB move that can prevent wasted usage of Shadow Force PP where Shadow Claw could OHKO a threat instead or prevent the opponent continuously switching between a Ghost- and Normal-type due to sets lacking Shadow Claw being blocked by this.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and Attack EVs enable Ghost Arceus to maximize its offensive prowess, and a Jolly nature is used so Ghost Arceus can at least Speed tie with other maximum Speed Arceus formes such as Extreme Killer Arceus, as well as outspeed other offensive threats such as Latios, Mega Lucario, and Gengar before it Mega Evolves. Gengar also is unable to Mega Evolve safely, or it risks being OHKOed by Shadow Force due to its ability to break Protect. An Adamant nature can be chosen for more power on specific team builds such as Sticky Web teams, which somewhat compensate for its very noticeable drop in Speed; however, Ghost Arceus is then still outsped by the likes of Latios due its immunity to Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Preserving Ghost Arceus is the most effective way for the Swords Dance set to be threatening, and it tends to be a later-game wincon. Never set up if the opponent still has healthy answers to Ghost Arceus such as Dark-types; Yveltal in particular needs to be either weakened or removed before Ghost Arceus can threaten a sweep, even if it has set up with Swords Dance, and Shadow Force leaves Ghost Arceus vulnerable to Sucker Punch from Yveltal on the charge turn, meaning it will take heavy damage if it tries to take on Yveltal head on. Once Ghost Arceus checks have been weakened or removed, you can set up Swords Dance and proceed to sweep. Lugia and Giratina-O are common physical walls that are weak to Ghost, making them somewhat good targets for setup. Ghost Arceus can also offensively threaten Latios, Mewtwo, and Mega Kangaskhan.

Team Options
========

Fairies such as Xerneas and Mega Diancie make good partners for their ability to take care of common answers to Ghost Arceus; Choice Scarf Xerneas especially makes a good partner, being able to absorb sleep from Darkrai's Dark Void and easily dispatch of Darkrai. Ghost Arceus has a good defensive typing for an offensive Arceus and has an immunity to Extreme Speed, a common priority move in the metagame. Deoxys-A appreciates this immunity because it falls to any strong priority move from the likes of Extreme Killer Arceus and Rayquaza; in return, it helps to break walls to allow Ghost Arceus to sweep late-game or dispatch of faster threats on opposing offense. Darkrai is a threatening offensive partner with good synergy, being able to cripple switch-ins with Dark Void, putting them to sleep and thus potentially giving Ghost Arceus an opportunity to set up, and to help pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes and Giratina-O. Darkrai also appreciates Ghost Arceus's immunity to Superpower and Extreme Speed from the likes of Deoxys-A, which tends to be a common revenge killer or anti-lead to it; if you predict either of these moves, Ghost Arceus can switch in and try to scare Deoxys-A out. Rayquaza variants such as mixed and Choice Band sets make good partners due to their ability to help break down walls and pressure common Defoggers such as support Arceus formes; in return Rayquaza appreciates Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Speed users such as Arceus and Deoxys-A. Toxic Spikes offense builds are also a good idea, with setters such as Cloyster and Greninja being the most common, while Ghost Arceus provides spinblocking utility thanks to its Ghost typing; one of the other main applications is the ability to rack up additional poison damage from Toxic Spikes and slowly put pressure on opposing teams with Shadow Force due to it being a two-turn move. Primal Groudon is usually the Stealth Rock setter of choice for Ghost Arceus teams, with an offensive set being most effective. However, Rock Polish Primal Groudon can also help with opposing offense builds, while Swords Dance sets help break apart defensive cores. With a Rock Polish or Swords Dance Primal Groudon, Dialga with Shuca Berry makes a solid alternative offensive Stealth Rock setter, providing a Mega Salamence check for offense teams, as well as the ability to beat all Magic Bounce users and consistently get up Stealth Rock against them. Mega Salamence is able to help weaken defensive Yveltal variants with Double-Edge or OHKO offensive variants. Mega Salamence also gives more security versus Extreme Killer Arceus, taking some pressure off Ghost Arceus.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Calm Mind Allows Ghost Arceus to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense simultaneously, providing it with potential to sweep while making it harder for special attackers to break through. Judgment is a reliable 100-Base Power STAB move, and Focus Blast provides Ghost Arceus with perfect coverage, notably allowing it to hit Extreme Killer Arceus and Kangaskhan while denting switch-ins such as Tyranitar. Substitute helps protect Ghost Arceus from crippling status moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic.

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

It is best to utilize Ghost Arceus late-game to threaten a sweep if it's the main wincon; otherwise, it can help break the opposing team early- and mid-game. Setting up Calm Minds helps out Ghost Arceus offensively and defensively, giving it good sweeping potential. Substitute enables Ghost Arceus to set up Calm Mind much more safely by blocking status, which is a common response to a Calm Mind Arceus; the move can also be used to help counteract or even scout for aggressive play, which is generally much safer than just firing off Focus Blast; however, Ghost Arceus can also lure in certain checks such as Tyranitar and Darkrai and dent them with Focus Blast on the switch in.

Team Options
========

Setters of entry hazards such as Toxic Spikes make a good team option, with Greninja and Cloyster being good examples; Ghost Arceus backs them up with its spinblocking ability, while Toxic Spikes help pressure support Arceus formes to force them to Recover and subsequently allow Ghost Arceus to get a Calm Mind boost and then a Substitute. Primal Groudon is the most consistent Stealth Rock setter for Calm Mind Ghost Arceus teams; special Ghost Arceus sets tend to struggle against Ho-Oh without Stealth Rock being up and can't effectively break Lugia if Multiscale is intact. Rock Polish sets can also be considered with an alternative Stealth Rock setter such as Dialga; in return Dialga provides a more defined Mega Salamence check. Offensive variants of Yveltal can provide a breaker with immediate power and good offensive synergy along with a Ground immunity; Yveltal can help break down Ghost Arceus checks and help it sweep late-game. Xerneas is a Fairy-type to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal—either a Choice Scarf set to absorb sleep from Dark Void or Geomancy Xerneas with another Darkrai answer. Mega Diancie is also another option to consider to check Darkrai and Yveltal that also has the option to run Stealth Rock as an effective anti-lead to Deoxys-S and Darkrai, especially on hazard-stacking builds such as Toxic Spikes offense. Rayquaza sets such as MixQuaza, Dragon Dance, and Choice Band make effective wallbreakers paired with Ghost Arceus to apply pressure on Defoggers, and Rayquaza appreciates the immunity to Extreme Speed Ghost Arceus provides; Rayquaza also helps out against sand offense teams due to Air Lock. Mega Salamence is another Dragon type to consider as a wallbreaker with Double-Edge or even as a secondary wincon, being able to weaken common threats such as defensive Yveltal as well as providing a Primal Groudon check. Deoxys-A and Darkrai really appreciate Ghost Arceus's ability to check Extreme Killer Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan due to their weakness to strong priority, and they can help with revenge killing due to their high Speed; Deoxys-A is especially useful for dispatching of faster threats on opposing offense, due to its insanely high offensive stats enabling it to dent the opposition considerably. Darkrai is able to cripple switch-ins with Dark Void.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Ghost Arceus can attempt a support set with Defog and Will-O-Wisp and maximum Speed and HP on specific teambuilds that already have Ho-Oh covered, but it's best left to other support Arceus formes such as Water and Dragon Arceus, which can check Ho-Oh, have a superior defensive typing, and generally fit on a greater variety of team builds. Thunder can be used over Focus Blast to hit Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Kyogre harder; however, Ghost Arceus loses out on perfect coverage and the ability to hit Tyranitar, Blissey, and Chansey for any reasonable amount of damage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Yveltal**: Yveltal generally walls Swords Dance sets, and defensive Yveltal prevents Swords Dance Ghost Arceus from executing a sweep. Ghost Arceus takes a lot from Dark Pulse on offensive variants and can be picked off by Sucker Punch when weakened.

I've never done GP checks before and I did the last check word by word late at night, thank you for picking up on the things I missed and giving me an easier method to do GP checks, this check is implemented and this analysis is done, thank you for your efforts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)