Arceus-Water (QC 2/3) Not Ready For 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Calm Mind set, make sure you stress that Water is not a great attacking type in Ubers. Water Arceus will usually only be able to set up late game, since most teams will carry multiple Pokemon that can check it effectively. Also mention a Physically Defensive spread in Set Options (told you to do this already, see my first post in this thread for reasoning).

Move Grass Arceus up on the Checks list behind Zekrom, and Mega Gengar down behind Shaymin-S. Standard Gengar will usually need to sacrifice itself to kill a 100% HP Water Arceus with Destiny Bond since it cannot 2HKO whereas Water Arceus 2HKOs in return. Mention the Sub-Disable-Perish Song set fares better against Water Arceus than standard. Taunt Mega Mewtwo Y and regular Mewtwo can check Water Arceus as well due to their good Special bulk and ability to stop recovery. Move Mewtwo and its formes between Shaymin and Gengar.

Before you pass to the write there's a number of things that seem questionable in this analysis. I'll post about it later though.

Alright, I've talked with the rest of QC (including the ones that stamped you) and it's pretty clear (more so from the initially proposed sets) that you aren't terribly familiar with this Pokemon. There's already been a fair amount of corrections and yet a large number of flaws remain such as your explanation on how this Pokemon should played, the teammates you suggest (most of which don't have significant synergy nor any explanation why they would), and certain of your suggested checks/counters. I'm really sorry I didn't handle this earlier and save you the trouble. If you want to talk to me feel free to send me a PM or contact me on IRC or the ps ubers room. Speaking of which, hanging out in both of hose areas should help a lot when it comes to writing up future analyses as good information can often be found being discussed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)