Archeops

The whole "this guy is perfect except for Week Knees" bias towards this Pokemon is pretty much true.

Ok, so look at those beautiful offensive stats (agreeing with Losa on reaction). They are made for a physical attacker/mixed sweeper. However, like many people have already said, his defenses are nothing more than "bad", and his weakness to SR makes things even worse (not saying they are bad to begin with though).
LO would be an obvious item for this guy, but considering Week Knees, I think people would give that item a second thought...

Too bad Roost no longer exists as a TM ]:

Would a sub and scarf set help it?

Archaeos is such a glass cannon. You can say that its ability doesn't restrict it too much as long as it outspeeds and OHKOs, but priority and other scarfed pokes absolutely wreck it. Even ingame, once it falls below half way HP, it can't even stand a fight against wild pokemon 10-15 levels below it.

Though he has a lot of pokesav potential :)

Would a sub and scarf set help it?

Archaeos is such a glass cannon. You can say that its ability doesn't restrict it too much as long as it outspeeds and OHKOs, but priority and other scarfed pokes absolutely wreck it. Even ingame, once it falls below half way HP, it can't even stand a fight against wild pokemon 10-15 levels below it.

Though he has a lot of pokesav potential :)
Sub and Scarf? As in Substitute, and Choice Scarf? On the same set?

wut.

Like Elliot said, mostly OHKOs all around ingame. And besides, especially ingame you can always afford a Claw Sharpen, and then your Attack is manageable even when Faint Hearted kicks in. People seem to forget that his other stats remain untouched.

That is not the case - it's only atk.

Weak Knees is such a bad fanslation. Makes no sense in context considering this thing doesn't have knees that would at all affect its offensive prowess. Q_Q

Focus Blast, Earth Power, and Dragon Pulse are its only notable special moves, not counting HP.
(Hopefully I didn't miss any)

]:

Mix it up. It's what works best. Claw Sharpen to keep your Attack up, making Stone Edge and Focus Blast epic moves (power, coverage, and now accuracy). Itemless Acrobat, which works in perfect conjunction with the consumable Elemental Jewels, rounds it off rather nicely. That's how this is done! XD

I don't see Substitute working for Archaeos without a Spinner, as you'd take 25% coming in (Rock does not resist Rock), and another 25% from the Sub. You're behind a sub, but Weak Knees kicks in. Hooray.

Honestly, if you can keep the Rocks away when Archaeos comes in, THEN sub would help a Claw Sharpen Set out. Sharpen up once, Gem of choice, rape.

on the elemental jewels o.o
The jewels offer a one-time consumable boost to a specific type of move when used. Stone Jewel boosts your first Rock type move, Flying Jewel boosts your first Flying type move (I -think- Acrobat is at full strength when using it. Not sure.), etc. Basically, fire off a boosted move to get rid of the item, put a severe dent in something, and power up Acrobat all at the same time.

Sub and Scarf? As in Substitute, and Choice Scarf? On the same set?

wut.

Like Elliot said, mostly OHKOs all around ingame. And besides, especially ingame you can always afford a Claw Sharpen, and then your Attack is manageable even when Faint Hearted kicks in. People seem to forget that his other stats remain untouched.
Woops. I meant Sub or Scarf.

Um, where does it say only his attack is halved? I'm fairly certain it's every single one of his stats.

How about a mixed set??
252speed/194spatt/64att @Life Orb, Naive/Hasty
-Head Smash
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-HP Ice/U-turn/ Dragon Pulse/Quick Attack

@Colonel: Beat me to it. Sel-inflicte recoil on Archaeos is throwing in the towel right there.

@Citizen: Initial reports were that it was all stats which halve, but subsequent translation and testing proved that only Attack suffers the cut.

@Colonel: Beat me to it. Sel-inflicte recoil on Archaeos is throwing in the towel right there.

@Citizen: Initial reports were that it was all stats which halve, but subsequent translation and testing proved that only Attack suffers the cut.
Doubleposted.

@Elliot Gale: Wish Passing to an Archaeos who knocks himself into Weak Knee range from simple SR and -one move made- is simply stupid, and wasting the health and PP of the Wisher. Honestly, this thing was made for an Unburden-esque sweeper/cleanup with Jewels. Any attempt on recoil, items or moves, would simply cripple him that much faster.

Azure Demon

This pokemon just isn't doing it for me. I can see it high uu, depending on the pokemon going down to uu this generation maybe bl, but not ou. The ability+stealth rock+horrible typing= not very good. Now while this guy is heathy it may be a monster. This pokemon will be a great. It has good speed for ou and it can pull off physical attacker, special attacker, or even mixed which is something his buddy aerodactyl can't do. If he gets roost in pokemon gray or whatever they decide to call it ,and can pull it's hp back up then it could be deadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)