Art Room Contest: Create an Alolan Pokemon

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus

med.png
When Alolan forms were first announced I’m sure you were just as excited to see the new Alolan form of Arcanine! Wait that didn’t happen?! Well its time to make your own Alolan Pokemon then!

The Art room is hosting a contest for users to come up with an artistic way to show what Alolan form they created, whether it be traditional drawing, painting, digital, sculpting, ect. We want to see what Alolan Pokemon you come up with! Winner gets a 25$ Amazon gift card! Submit by August 24th, Judging will be posted a week later with results being posted on August 31th!

Judged by Me and h_n_g_m_n

Rules:

• Must be a registered account on PS
  • Must provide the typing
  • Submission must be made during the contest and not an old image
  • Your art submission MUST be made by you, stolen art will result in a disqualification from this and future Art room contests.
  • Art must be submitted via This Google Link
  • Submissions must be posted by August 24th
  • Please submit art links as a direct link, meaning it has a .jpg or .png at the end (which you can do by right clicking on the image and copying image address)
  • Must be able to receive Amazon giftcards via email address.
  • You are limited to one entry, that can be swapped out at any time
Prizes:
  • 1st- 25$ Amazon Gift card
  • 2nd- 10$ Amazon Gift card
Please be sure to stop by the Art Room to see everyone else’s progress so far, or to show your own designs you came up with!

Last edited:
I have a few questions.
Who is judging the Alolan Forms?
Does the typing have to make sense, even if the name says otherwise (Wailmer = Whale + Mer (sea))?
How are they being judged?

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
I have a few questions.
Who is judging the Alolan Forms?
Does the typing have to make sense, even if the name says otherwise (Wailmer = Whale + Mer (sea))?
How are they being judged?
me and hngmn are the judges, typing doesnt have to make sense, It will be mainly judged on how well the design is executed, creativity, and craftsmanship

"Must be a registered account on PS"

PS or Smogon forums?
And that username required in the google doc is really the PS name or the forum name?

a person with many ps accounts has more entries tho

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
"Must be a registered account on PS"

PS or Smogon forums?
And that username required in the google doc is really the PS name or the forum name?

a person with many ps accounts has more entries tho
PS considering its the art room on PS's contest. i am able to confirm if they are someone using multiple accounts, or if its different people. hence why i want it to be from PS. I have tools to check if people are trying to cheese it

Does it have to be "Alolan"? What I'm saying is, does it have to be like it is from Alola or Hawaii, or can we just make a variant in any way we want?

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
Does it have to be "Alolan"? What I'm saying is, does it have to be like it is from Alola or Hawaii, or can we just make a variant in any way we want?
Any way you seek fit! Not all have to be flowery n such. Ninetails is a fan favorite and that one became icy

I made an Alolan Oddish. Its a lil pineapple and soo cute! :) Is there anywhere I can see everyone else's submissions? Or see mine and make sure it was submitted correctly?

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
I made an Alolan Oddish. Its a lil pineapple and soo cute! :) Is there anywhere I can see everyone else's submissions? Or see mine and make sure it was submitted correctly?
It's encouraged to post updates of your work in the PS art room :> you may possibly see their submissions there, there wont be an open forum to see all submissions yet untill the end

I'd like to enter but can I do just the pokemon's head?
Considering the contest is based on a pokemons design, we would be missing out a lot of information if the body was not drawn. ^^

Is there anyway I can get ideas?
could always try to pick a favorite pokemon of yours, and see what would happen if you changed its typing to something you think would fit an alolan mon, what would arcanine look like as a water type? ask yourself questions like that

Do alolan mons have to be based on a biome on alola like the sea or mountains (like Ninetails changed from fire to ice to adapt to the cold on mount lanakila) or can it just be whatever we want

'<')Whatever you want, but id suggest if its not one of the biomes describing where it came from

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)