Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
This is a new simple questions thread with some new rules. Please read this post thoroughly before posting your own question.

1. This thread is for simple questions which do not deserve their own thread. Do not post a new thread for a simple question.

2. If you are having trouble launching the Shoddy Battle client, carefully read this thread first. Do not post in this thread until you have carefully read that thread.

3. Please do not ask to be unbanned. Do not ask for somebody else to be banned. Do not complain about moderator actions.

4. The following are frequently asked questions. Please do not ask them.

How do I start my own server?

See this thread.

I use OS X and my battle window (and possibly other windows) are stretched and/or otherwise glitchy. What do I do?

See this thread.

Can I run Shoddy Battle on my iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pilot or other device that isn't a personal computer?

No, you can't.

Will there ever be a version of Shoddy Battle for iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pilot or other devices that aren't personal computers?

No.

When I try to go to shoddybattle.com, I get a blank page, or I get redirected to Google. What's wrong?

You probably have a trojan. See this thread.

How does the rating system work on Shoddy Battle?

See this thread.

Anybody is free to answer questions posted here.

well theres 1 question that i dont understand:

in the shoddy main chatroom how can a person leave 2 times without entering in between?
heres an EX;
alex has left smogon university
<-------doesnt enter
alex has left smogon university

I still need help solving my shoddy battle problem colinJF+, now I'm able to launch shoddy battle but the servers all read 0/max number of players allowed in server, help?

I still need help solving my shoddy battle problem colinJF+, now I'm able to launch shoddy battle but the servers all read 0/max number of players allowed in server, help?
try refreshing the serverlist it worked for me

That's secret power. Nature power uses a different attack like Earthquake or Shadow Ball. I think it's Earthquake but I'm not really sure what terrain it counts as on Shoddy.

That's secret power. Nature power uses a different attack like Earthquake or Shadow Ball. I think it's Earthquake but I'm not really sure what terrain it counts as on Shoddy.
Tri-Attack, since it uses building terrain, which is what would be used in wifi

On the NU server, the right side of the opponent's sprite sometimes gets cut-off. Examples, Poliwrath's Fist, Gligar's Claw, Rapardos's tail... Is this just NU server, or is it all servers? And if it's just NU, is there a fix?

umm i'm really bad with computers and when i download it it says windows needs to find a program to read jnlp files or something like that. i downloaded the latest version of java and it still gives me the same notice. anyone know the correct program to fix this problem?

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
You will need Java Web Start to open .jnlp files. It should be installed if you have the latest version of java. The problem then, from my understanding, is that you haven't properly associated javaws with the .jnlp file extension.

Since you are using windows, it's normal to see the notice you are talking about when you are opening a jnlp file for the first time. There should be an option to select from a list of programs to open up the file. javaws should be on the list.

What file needs to be edited to change the banned list on laddering.

Come on someone, I started a server a few days ago and latias is consider uber on it!

What file needs to be edited to change the banned list on laddering.

Come on someone, I started a server a few days ago and latias is consider uber on it!
Ladder Banlists can be modifiied via ladders.txt

It should say...
LADDER: Standard
*Banlist*

Simply add the pokemon you want to the banlist, save, and restart. Should work. To add a new ladder, just punch in...

LADDER: New Ladder Name
*Banlsit *

Hope I helped.

EDIT: Ladders.txt can be found in the 'server' folder in the ShoddyBattle folder.

I can download Shoddy from the official site, but I can't use it. It says I need to find the appropriate program in order to run it? Help please?

I have Windows by the way.

-Terywj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)