Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (6th Gen ASB Version)

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
With all the changes, we decided to open a SQSA topic just about 6th Gen in ASB as to help people get into the new stuff as easily as possible.

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:
  1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
  2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.
  3. At least do a simple google search before asking the question here.
  4. This is already in the Smogon and Stark forum rules, but I will reiterate again do not discuss ROMs or other illegal things. Besides...this is Anime Style Battling, so ROMs aren't really useful here...
  5. Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.
Before you ask, please check the following links for information regarding 6th Gen and ASB:

Implementation Post
ASB Beginner's Guide
New Data Audit Thread
ASB Players' Handbook
XY Omnibus Thread
Smogon Resource Forum (6th Gen Data Source)

If you still have doubts after checking the above threads, then please ask them and we will do our best you solve your problems!

Last edited:
If a pokemon uses an attack, then chills, then uses the same attack that it used first within one round, does the second attack have the penalty caused by using the same attack consecutively?

Would the attack Topsy-Turvy affect status changes caused by things like Flash Fire? I know that isn't exactly raising a stat, but it is kinda similar. Would Fire attacks become weaker then?

Would the attack Topsy-Turvy affect status changes caused by things like Flash Fire? I know that isn't exactly raising a stat, but it is kinda similar. Would Fire attacks become weaker then?
No, Topsy-Turvy only affects direct stat modifiers including Accuracy and Evasion.

For a substitution, can I replace all actions with a new set?

For example, If (some valid criteria), then (use move x, then move y, then move z).

EDIT: Also, how many CC do you get for each match you play, and where can I find a list of how much items cost?

Mulan15262
^In the NDA (new data audit) under items you find the price for them. For Pokemon it is listed somewhere there too I think. Each match has a different cc payout, you will find that in the referee resource thread. For your first question, a sub like this would be valid

Fire Spin-Peck-Hi Jump Kick
If Dusclops uses Shadow Punch, then Scratch-Pluck-Focus Blast

Mulan15262
^In the NDA (new data audit) under items you find the price for them. For Pokemon it is listed somewhere there too I think. Each match has a different cc payout, you will find that in the referee resource thread. For your first question, a sub like this would be valid

Fire Spin-Peck-Hi Jump Kick
If Dusclops uses Shadow Punch, then Scratch-Pluck-Focus Blast
What about something like this:

Drill Run-Earthquake-Drill Run
If Aggron uses a p/e move, use Swords Dance, followed by Earthquake, and then Drill Run.

So, if the Aggron uses Rock Smash-Protect-Rock Smash, your pokemon would do Drill Run-Swords Dance-Earthquake, but if the Aggron uses Protect-Earthquake-Rock Slide, your pokemon would do Swords Dance-Earthquake-Drill Run, and if the Aggron uses Earthquake-Toxic-Protect, your pokemon would do Drill Run-Earthquake-Swords Dance.

That is valid Mulan. Also, if Aggron used Protect - Rock Smash - Protect, then you would go Swords Dance - Earthquake - Swords Dance.

In the games, Raichu and other evo stone users can't learn new moves after evolving. Is this also true in ASB - will I no longer be able to teach level up moves to these pokemon after they evolve?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In the games, Raichu and other evo stone users can't learn new moves after evolving. Is this also true in ASB - will I no longer be able to teach level up moves to these pokemon after they evolve?
This is not the case. Your Raichu can still learn Light Screen as a Level-Up move from Pikachu if you did not teach it Light Screen before evolution for example. Basically, Pokémon can learn level-up moves that it does not normally learn that its pre-evolution does, but not the other way around. (So no Spiky Shield Quilladin for example)

In my battle in the Obelisk Temple can i use trick on a yamask to take it's mask then trick it to my enemy to have the yamask wanting it's mask back attack them?

Last edited:

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I don't think so, Yamask's mask is like Conkeldurr's pillars or Burmy's cloak, it's an integral part of the Pokemon.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You should always ask the referee about the legality of specific actions. They're the ones who will ultimately be making the call, unless some person of authority needs to step in due to the opponent challenging the situation. It's easy enough to send a private message to the referee, and most will respond to you.

In terms of your specific question (since I am the ref for your match), I'd allow it on the grounds of this being a semi-informal battle. You need to consider that you can't, however, dictate how the Yamask will response to having its mask removed. Its actions belong to the referee.

Say I used Stealth Rocks in a Switch=KO match. Could I then use a force switching move like Circle Throw or Roar to inflict SR damage?

You should always ask the referee about the legality of specific actions. They're the ones who will ultimately be making the call, unless some person of authority needs to step in due to the opponent challenging the situation. It's easy enough to send a private message to the referee, and most will respond to you.

In terms of your specific question (since I am the ref for your match), I'd allow it on the grounds of this being a semi-informal battle. You need to consider that you can't, however, dictate how the Yamask will response to having its mask removed. Its actions belong to the referee.
Thank you i'm still new to asb and I didn't know where to ask and i knew i wouldn't be able to control the yamask

If you are in a battle in which all abilities are allowed, can you disable one specific ability that normally can't be disabled (i.e. Truant, Torrent, Toxic, etc.) for the entire match?

No, Mulan, you can't. And Truant is a Trait, so it is active even in No Ability matches.
What about a Durant with a locked hidden ability?

Also, can I use moves in different ways than normal (i.e. using Circle Throw to throw an opponent into something or using Flamethrower to burn down a part of the arena)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)