Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Oh yeah, how does TC and Battle points and all this old stuff I have convert. I assume TC becomes CC, does the miscellaneous currency I have accrued become UC?

Edit:Coolies, thanks typon.

TC and BP were merged together into Currency Counters, or CC. So add up your total number of TC and BP, and that's your amount of CC. If you have any Business Tokens or Ref Counters, those all become UC.

Ok something I want to confirm

"Dragon Tail: The Pokemon swings and hits the foe powerfully with a menacing tail. Unless the Pokemon has a Substitute active, the shock of the attack resets all of the opponent's stat changes and snaps it out of temporary status as well as other effects like Disable, Taunt, and Torment. In a switch battle, the Pokemon is sent back to its trainer's Poke Ball at the end of the round. The opponent's Pokemon is switched out at random from their remaining Pokemon, however the trainer that commanded Dragon Tail must attack first."

The first effect: Since it doesn't state that it only occurs in Switch=KO, I am lead to believe that the status reset applies in both OK and KO, while the switching is unique to OK. However there are some who think/have been told that the status-reset only applies to Switch=KO, even though the description says no such thing.
So I want to confirm: Which is right? And if indeed the status reset is Switch=KO only, can we PLEASE have the descriptions updated to say so.

This applies to Circle Throw, Whirlwind and Roar also.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I belies Uturn was ruled to Only remove stat boosts etc in switch=ko, so I would assume dragon tail et al would be the same

@Lord Jesseus: Deck Knight ruled a few weeks/months ago that the status reset happens only in Switch=KO; the wording was just made vague. That should have been changed in the DAT a long time ago but no one ever bothered, maybe I'll bring it up again and EM will change it or something.
@Arcanite: Not unless they were already available at 2 MC when you bought them. This is the same reason as why you can't refund a starting egg move if you learn it later on as level-up; when you bought the move for the higher price it wasn't possible to buy it for the lower price. If it was possible to buy it for the lower price when you bought it then yes, you can get the refund.

It was before that it was announced they were 2 MC, so I assumed they costed 3. With Lucario, as Dual Chop was not learn-able, I assume the refund was valid, but i specified Dragonite ws learning Heat Wave as a BW2 Tutor move, so do i get a refund for that?

Oh, if you bought them as BW2 tutors then yeah you're set. As long as you didn't buy them back when they didn't exist as BW2 tutors.

I'm willing to update anything ~
(EDIT: changed the description of roar/whirlwind. hopefully its accurate now)

On that note, can someone lay out exactly what the conditions what a refund are? I'll add them to the OP of the prize claim thread (because apparently I'm not the only one that's confused haha). I would just do it myself, but every time I ask I get conflicitng answers >_>

If a Pokemon had a move as an Egg move prior to BW2 and it became a level-up move, you are allowed to get a refund on it (2-3 MC, based on if it's pre-25 or not.) Everything else gets no refund.

ok, i added that to the OP of the prize claim thread

also changed the descriptions of circle throw and dragon tail, so those should be accurate too!

It was supposed to be a quick adventure... but my The Legend Run has tested my patience... I'm hoping to end my adventure after the current battle is over, and get to battling other trainers, but a couple of questions:

Question 1: Is it possible to end an event early?
Question 2: If it is possible to end an event early, how does rewards work? (I've spent almost FOUR MONTHS with that quest, and I don't want to go away empty handed!)

It is possible to end a battle/roleplay/whatever without it officially finishing, but that would be to DQ yourself, in which case you would get no counters at all, unfortunately.

I see... thank you for you help, though I want to get counters. I'll keep in the battle for now, trying to beat the spider, and lose at the next one (Butler will be in NO shape for another fight after the Spinarak, if he doesn't lose at the spider).

Another question... can I use an attack to block another attack?

For example, an opponent uses an attack, and the trainer uses, say, Shadow Ball to block the attack.
Also, if the attack can be blocked, can does the attacker take damage if they are trying to use a contact attack?

@V waterwarrior, Objection, and AOSPUser: Thank you for your responses.
@V waterwarrior and Objection: So up to the ref? At the very least, Butler the Audino is faster than the Spinarak, so that leans in my favor... but I'll have to see what dummy does...
@V AOSPUser: Used to be part of ASB before things changed? Ah... I came after my time ended... though, let me see if I can bring it back... I've already met my quota for joining online things this year. I might join IRC later, but not now. And you try attacking with an Audino that only knows one (good) attacking move. A Nincada took out the attacker (a Scraggy) the previous encounter!

Current mechanics don't really support blocking an attack outside of the Bodyblock command and a special use of the move Protect, both of which have their means of blocking described in the Data Audit Thread. It may be possible to do it as a roleplaying action, but then it's up to the ref. As a bare minimum, I would say if the attack to be cancelled/blocked happens before the blocking action (ie, the attacker is faster than the blocker or the attacking move has higher priority than the blocking move) then there is no chance of it working.

I see... thank you for you help, though I want to get counters. I'll keep in the battle for now, trying to beat the spider, and lose at the next one (Butler will be in NO shape for another fight after the Spinarak, if he doesn't lose at the spider).

Another question... can I use an attack to block another attack?

For example, an opponent uses an attack, and the trainer uses, say, Shadow Ball to block the attack.
Also, if the attack can be blocked, can does the attacker take damage if they are trying to use a contact attack?
I think this used to be a part of ASB. Before the "flavor revolution" as I call it when battles lost their flavor.

I think if you come on IRC you can get a faster answer to these questions.

Also I think your TLR would already be over had you not been stalling. But then again, one could say that I was stalling the Tynamo.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I would like to note that while most refs allow RP actions in battles, certain RP facilities ironically don't, such as Hall, Subway and the like.

Say we have two mons, one faster and one slower. The slower mon uses protect on A1, and on A2, the faster mon moves before the slower one and uses encore. Does the slower mon use a priority 0 protect that fails on A2?

I fully support inventive uses of moves, especially Defensive moves. It's mostly completely ref discretion, but if you're blocking an Ice Beam with a Flamethrower, then I can't see why not.

And yes, Encore can totally mess up Protect-users.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Some more quesions...

I feel really retarded but is there a compiled list of rules for battle payouts (CC, UC, ETC) anywhere? I can't seem to find one.

If a mon switches out in a switch=OK battle and is badly poisoned, does their toxic counter continue when they switch in again where it last dropped off? Or does it restart at 0 like ingame

When a mon switches out in a switch=OK battle, does it lose its stat changes?

Does Rotom learn its form moves (overheat, hydro pump etc) upon transformation, or do they have to be purchased?

CC might be in battle tower, UC is definitely in the Ref Resource thread
Toxic and stats reset afaik
Moves are automatic, otherwise you would have to rebuy moves every time you changed forms.

When claiming a new pokemon, you get the all the level up moves to lvl 25, 3 TMs and 3 egg moves. Right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)