Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Level-Up are worth 1 MC, BW TM and Tutor moves are worth 2 MC, and Past-Gen TMs, Tutors, and all Event moves are worth 3 MC, as are egg moves.

The pledge moves are also worth 1 MC.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
unfortunately you can't put tutor moves on a new pokemon unless they have no egg moves available, sorry :(

tynamo being the exception

I don't think you can.

AlchEdit: You cannot change targets.

Woo, go certainty!

Also, editing one of Objection's posts feels like putting on a starched suit.

How do we do disqualifications? My opponent, here, is over the DQ limit. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but I didn't expect to have to DQ my second battle...

Can attacks on the round after Lock-on hit the target even if the target uses a damaging evasive move.
EG.
Magnezone
Lock-on, Zap Cannon
Ambipom
Focus Punch, Dig
Would the Zap Cannon hit?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dig DAT Description said:
Bulldoze, Earth Power, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude can always strike a digging opponent, while other attacks can hit if aimed properly. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude have double their Base Attack Power against a Digging foe.
I guess that means Lock-On'd things can hit.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How many battles at once are we allowed to have? Three Tower Matches at a time.

Is it ok to use the same pokemon in 2 different matches at once? Absolutely; as long as the Pokemon is not involved in The Legend Run/ASB Mystery Dungeon (When the beta finishes in the case of the latter), in which case, it should not be used anywhere else, but otherwise, it is absolutely okay.

As far as I am aware, that has yet to be codified. To be honest, I think the only purpose it serves is as a guide for what effects your custom arenas should have. For example, if your arena is a huge forest, then it makes for Grass-types to get a boost of some kind from the arena.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Encore encores the last successful move; Cooldown does not count. If it was a combo that was the last successful, then the second move listed in the combo gets encored, iirc.

Encore encores the last successful move; Cooldown does not count. If it was a combo that was the last successful, then the second move listed in the combo gets encored, iirc.
Incorrect. The entire combo gets encored and the pokemon is forced to alternate between that combo and cooldown for the duration of the encore.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Incorrect. The entire combo gets encored and the pokemon is forced to alternate between that combo and cooldown for the duration of the encore.
Not an accurate, official ruling, but...
[BOX]10:18:31: <iar> You can Encore a Pokemon into a combo, right?
10:18:39: <Wobba> Yes
10:18:43: <Wobba> Iirc
10:19:19: <iar> other opinions?
10:20:08: <Wobba> Ask the ref
10:20:20: <EspyOwner> does Bug resist Poison in 5th gen
10:20:28: <iar> no, iirc
10:20:29: <Destiny_Warrior> hmm?
10:20:34: <Destiny_Warrior> encoring a combo was once ruled
10:20:37: <Destiny_Warrior> to be impossible
10:20:39: <Destiny_Warrior> iirc
10:20:46: <EspyOwner> it encores the last move in the combo
10:20:50: <EspyOwner> I thought
10:21:02: <Destiny_Warrior> you can't encore a combo as such, I know that much
10:21:12: <Wobba> Then ragnarokalex misinformed me
10:21:28: <Destiny_Warrior> he's clearly a misinformer[/BOX]

EDIT: I stand corrected...
[BOX]19:30 <IAR> Can you be encored into a combo
19:35 <Objection> yes IAR
19:35 <IAR> It was more directed at Alch... >_>
19:35 <Objection> you are then forced to alternate between that combo and cooldown for the duration of the encore
19:35 <Objection> oh
19:36 <IAR> It is one of those things that no one has an official ruling for as of yet
19:36 <IAR> well, a concrete one anyways
19:37 <Objection> pretty sure there was a ruling about it actually
19:37 <IAR> well if there is one
19:38 <IAR> it is obviously unwritten
19:38 Destiny_Warrior writes it
19:38 <Destiny_Warrior> there
19:39 <IAR> 6.6
19:45 <Alch> Lol
19:45 <Alch> Obrejection
19:45 <Alch> He is correc though.
19:46 <Alch> *correct[/BOX]

Explaination of Question: There seems to be a lack of avalible referees right now. Several battles in the Battle Tower seem to be piling up because no refs are open to taking them. I would like to help clear this growing pile.

Question: How does one sign up to be a referee?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Technically, you do not really need to do anything to sign up to be a referee, just post in tower saying that you want to ref User X & User Y, & that is pretty much it. Though it is recommended that you post in the Referee Resource Thread saying that you want to be a ref, following the given template.

Another question.

Would this sub be allowed?

IF: Bulbassaur uses Leech-Seed, use Flamethrower to destroy it and push back.

Basicaly,i want to know if it is acceptable to attack the opponent`s moves in order to stop them.

On a side note,are we allowed to specify more than one move during a sub?

Yes the sub is legal, no a sub can be responsive only to 1 specific action (though parameters are allowed to factored in, ie IF Ninetales uses Fire Blast AND the Sun is shining, THEN use Earthquake is perfectly legal.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)