Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Unburdened BAP. In what will fever be known as "Zarator's Proposal", our titular hero Curator questioned our leaders, ignoring their pale faced sneers and general comments of scorn and condescension to raise his point.

"Gems are really small. Can they not bother Acrobatic?"

The council members rose up on their podium, raising mallet and sickle against the brave Zarator. But he knew not fear, or cowardice. He held his ground and it was as they were about to land the killing blow, that our Lord and Benefactor descended from on high to support his crestfallen long time friend. Raising him to his bosom and carrying him to that Most Holy Place. And it was then, with his back to the council and the wind causing his hair to flow out behind him, he whispered those fateful words. That one sentence shook me to my very core. I speak them now only in retelling, so it can not be forgotten.

"Sure, why not?"

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Unburdened BAP. In what will fever be known as "Zarator's Proposal", our titular hero Curator questioned our leaders, ignoring their pale faced sneers and general comments of scorn and condescension to raise his point.

"Gems are really small. Can they not bother Acrobatic?"

The council members rose up on their podium, raising mallet and sickle against the brave Zarator. But he knew not fear, or cowardice. He held his ground and it was as they were about to land the killing blow, that our Lord and Benefactor descended from on high to support his crestfallen long time friend. Raising him to his bosom and carrying him to that Most Holy Place. And it was then, with his back to the council and the wind causing his hair to flow out behind him, he whispered those fateful words. That one sentence shook me to my very core. I speak them now only in retelling, so it can not be forgotten.

"Sure, why not?"
iirc, this was never implemented, though, so...

Hey! I'm new, waiting on being approved, but I had one question before I start battling: Can you use the same pokemon in multiple concurrent battling? I think I saw that rule somewhere, but it might just be for RP threads. Thanks in advance!

Okay, so currently I'm reffing a TLR against Athenodoros and Engineer Pikachu. Some may question why but that's not what I'm here for.

Basically, in the past TLR's I've seen people use only two Pokeballs per round, but both of these two guys have made posts using four, is that just shorthand for like do it both rounds or did the rules change?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Okay, so currently I'm reffing a TLR against Athenodoros and Engineer Pikachu. Some may question why but that's not what I'm here for.

Basically, in the past TLR's I've seen people use only two Pokeballs per round, but both of these two guys have made posts using four, is that just shorthand for like do it both rounds or did the rules change?
They can throw as many as they want, but 1 Throw of a Poké Ball is the equivalent of 1 Round.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so this match of Deck versus IAR brings something to light - If your opponent KOes himself before you move, do you get to complete your planned action (similar to in-catridge), or does the round ends then and there (which is rather common sense to me)? It's best if somehow, we can get a few respected community members to come to a consensus - though for obvious reasons the battlers themselves could not be counted amongst the panel.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Action goes to completion.

Always has been.

Although I would like to take this chance to point out how IAR didn't call the ref out on it in this match.

Okay, two quick questions:

1) Do phazing moves (like Dragon Tail and Circle Throw) remove screens (Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard)?
2) In a Switch=OK battle, if Trainer A sends in his Pokemon, Trainer B switches to another Pokemon, and Trainer A counterswitches, does Trainer's A Pokemon suffer hazard damage?
There are three layers of Spikes all over Trainer A's field. After losing his Machop, Trainer A sends in Trubbish and Trainer B responds by initiating switch phase to Staryu. Trainer A counterswitches to Houndour. Does Trubbish take damage from Spikes?

Thanks. :]

1) No, Screen are not dependent on the mon and so they remain even if the mon switches out or is KOed (as in-game)
2) Yes, since both Pokemon were released and as counter switching is the equivalent to double switching all mons who switch in would take hazards damage

1 Question. what does my pokemon recieve after a battle if its ECs are maxed out but i chose not to evolve it?
If both its EC and DC are maxed (or it has no DW ability and has its EC maxed, or vice versa), it gets a bonus 1 MC. If it has a DW ability with less than 5 DC, however, the prizes are unaffected, other than not getting EC as it has no where to go.

So, basically, unless its DC is maxed, just forfeit the EC.
Edit: Ninja'd, lol

I have a question, how do you find a battle I am new to ABS and I just posted in the register section and I want to have my first match to get into ASB.

I have a question, how do you find a battle I just joined and I just posted in the register section and I want to have my first match to get into ASB.
Well, first off, you are not approved yet. You must fix what Elevator Music said to fix and then give her him a Visitor Message saying you fixed it, then she'll look over it again. You must have an approved team before you can battle, sorry.

Once it is approved, however, you can find a battle by following the instructions and posting in the Battle Tower.
Regardless, welcome :D

Can someone confirm my suspicions that if I order

blah > Mirror Coat > Ice Beam in this

The subs will cancel each other out, and he will use neither Sunny Day or Light Screen?

Mirror Coat from behind a Substitute, how does this work? The Pokemon didn't actually take any damage (its Sub did) so I'm not entirely sure. Bulbapedia was kind of ambiguous.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Mirror Coat from behind a Substitute, how does this work? The Pokemon didn't actually take any damage (its Sub did) so I'm not entirely sure. Bulbapedia was kind of ambiguous.
The Pokémon actually has to take damage in order to deal damage with such attacks. After all, how can a Pokémon retaliate to an attack in such a manner if it was the decoy—not the doll—that took the brunt of the attack? The same thing applies to all other retaliatory attacks like Counter, Metal Burst, etc.

How should one go about calculating nature changes caused by Moody for a pokemon without an initial neutral nature (For Example, Quiet Moody on a Naive Pokemon or Hasty Moody on a Timid Pokemon)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)