Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C Edition

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I want to write an analysis, are there any requirements that I must meet?
Pretty much what Gato and Rohail said, but I just wanted to add that, depending on which pokemon you want to reserve, you may need a badge (if it has a "(BH)" by it in the index, you can't reserve it w/o a badge).

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why do I get rejected when I offer to reserve an uber analysis? Is there some huge process I have to go through that I don't know of?
As far as I can tell, your offer to reserve registeel was rejected because of the viability of registeel itself (that said, not very viable). That being said, looking through our analysis format helps a lot when posting suggestions. If you'd like to discuss the viability of anything in particular, people could probably give you a good explanation on #c&c or in that particular pokemon's tier (#ubers or #lc for example)

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Do we treat sets as if they are completely standalone, or are references to previous sets acceptable? Personally, I’m in favor of the first option, as it means readers do not need to read the entire analysis to understand something that is written.

Example: Choice Specs X's checks and counters are similar to those of All-Out Attacker X's or Choice Scarf X functions the same way as Choice Band X, spamming Brave Bird, etc.

This might've been asked already, but when will the UU C&C be open for analyses? It already has its own forum in Competitive Discussion (although I'm guessing that's still beta).

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
How many analyses can you hold at a time, in a specific area or throughout C&C? Also, is there a cap per generation?

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
How many analyses can you hold at a time, in a specific area or throughout C&C? Also, is there a cap per generation?
Typically, if you're not a badgeholder, you can only hold up to two analyses in each tier. If you are a badgeholder, they allow you to hold up to three. However, I don't recommending having any more than two or three WIP analyses all together, since it's really hard to put out good quality for all of your analyses in the time that we require.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Typically, if you're not a badgeholder, you can only hold up to two analyses in each tier. If you are a badgeholder, they allow you to hold up to three. However, I don't recommending having any more than two or three WIP analyses all together, since it's really hard to put out good quality for all of your analyses in the time that we require.
I'm sorry, but is the limit on WIPs, or overall?

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry, but is the limit on WIPs, or overall?
By WIP, I mean any analysis that isn't fully completed (has passed through QC and GP). Also, forgot to mention this, but, the limit to how many analyses you can have at once is always in the OP of the reservation threads for each tiers

if you get an amcheck on an analysis, I'm guessing that's not an official gp check. would I want to implement the full check or use my own discretion?

if you need an example look here

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if you get an amcheck on an analysis, I'm guessing that's not an official gp check. would I want to implement the full check or use my own discretion?

if you need an example look here
You're always recommended to use your own judgement when implementing amchecks. If you want a second opinion, you can always talk to GP members on the forums or irc. Considering that check, I'd probably implement most or all of it, as it was pretty darn good! (nice work Magcargo 2)

Minus

can i write a lucario analysis without anyone else taking my spot?
You can't work on Lucario atm because Seven Deadly Sins is working on it in OU and n0b is working on it in Ubers. You can try when next gen rolls around or until a revamp is announced. To answer your question, no, you cannot.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can't work on Lucario atm because Seven Deadly Sins is working on it in OU and n0b is working on it in Ubers. You can try when next gen rolls around or until a revamp is announced. To answer your question, no, you cannot.
DANG IT!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the clarification though!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Probably dumb question incoming! How does one post an amcheck? I'm interested in joining the GP team, which is why I'm asking. Do you simply post something like an ordinary GP check, or is there something different you have to do?

Minus

Probably dumb question incoming! How does one post an amcheck? I'm interested in joining the GP team, which is why I'm asking. Do you simply post something like an ordinary GP check, or is there something different you have to do?
You're on the right track! Just post a check that you made into the thread (which should have a title like "GP 0/2" or GP 1/2") and label it as an Amcheck and you're set. Make sure the writer has already implemented the previous check (if there is one) though, because stacked checks are hard to implement. Do a couple of the and PM SuperJOCKE, Oglemi, and Jellicent the links along with why you think you should should be a member of the GP Team to join. Hope this helps =]

SOME PEOPLE are unaware that these threads are available.
Seeing as how the point of that archive is to store rejected or outdated analyses, I don't know what your point is. What would they be available for? Everything there, even the actual analyses, are pretty useless from a learning standpoint. I just don't understand why rule-violating threads containing things that should be posted here are kept.

When will the XY dex entries for moves be written? They're not really that important, but they seem like they would be fun to write.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)