Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mpain0

I for one am glad to see a new face in CAP. This is a community effort though, and we go through quite a few steps before producing a pokemon. There are plenty of articles to read and people (myself included) who are willing to help you in you endeavor to help in the creation of new pokemon.

You would help your case by not triple posting however, You can edit your posts instead of making new ones, leaving the forum-space less cluttered

Thank you.

Thanks guys for helping me out btw i am also on pokebeach. I am very sorry put i do not want to post my age but i am young.

also my avatar is called galaxsus (you can find it on deviantart) and is NOT the pokemon.

Rumor on the fairly active #capasb channel has it that a few PR things have to occur that haven't started yet. Don't hold your breath-there are bigger fish for Dusk to fry as our chief PO coder.

who can make projects?
Just be patient. The CaP project is a community based effort. Most everyone can participate by discussing and submitted ideas at the approriate step. For the inside details, that is worked on by the project "leaders" and Policy Review team.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48782

Go to that thread. I suggest you read the Newcomer guide and Mission statement, then you'll be ready when the next project eventually starts.

I'm going to feel like a nuisance now. I've had this itching urge to work with CAP Concepts, but I'm unsure of how things would work. Most likely my simple question would be; When CAP is started up again, how are the designated Concepts identified as ones that could become top-tier threats, and not just some other concept that fits well for the time being? I'm sorry this is getting complicated, but I'd very much like to know how people can figure out how a concept can be envisioned and chosen over others, which could also be of good or better success?

I feel like this question could get me an infraction or an incredibly simple answer, but I'm confused about it.

I'm going to feel like a nuisance now. I've had this itching urge to work with CAP Concepts, but I'm unsure of how things would work. Most likely my simple question would be; When CAP is started up again, how are the designated Concepts identified as ones that could become top-tier threats, and not just some other concept that fits well for the time being? I'm sorry this is getting complicated, but I'd very much like to know how people can figure out how a concept can be envisioned and chosen over others, which could also be of good or better success?

I feel like this question could get me an infraction or an incredibly simple answer, but I'm confused about it.
You won't getting infractions for asking sensible questions here. Basically we decide as a community. A Topic Leader narrows down options based on arguments he has heard and we vote on the rest. After the project is over we playtest.

This link should tell you just about everything you need to know to participate. Best of luck!

Assuming I'd like to Create a Pokemon, how would I go about doing it? I checked the Beginner's Guide, and got this:

"Pick a Topic Leader for the project
Choose a general concept for the Pokémon
Choose the typing
Set the stats
Choose the ability
Make the art design
Decide the movepool
Choose the name
Make the sprite
Create the Pokémon on the battle server
Test it out in real battles"

I've done everything but the art, the sprite, picking a Topic Leader, and creating and testing. What's the next step in the process?

I didn't want to make a thread just for this; so I'm just going to put it here.
(15:52:13) +nixeagle: there are random plans to implement support for fakemons
(15:52:20) +nixeagle: where the server gives the client various information
If you don't know nixeagle; he's a mod on beta server who's currently making a battle-bot named Shanai. That's not relevant; but he's a programmer for PO and that's what he told me earlier when I asked him about getting CAP mons on the server. Feel free to infract me; I don't come on the forums much. ._.

It is possible to program in new abilities. However, it requires coding the PO source, and Coyotte, the owner of PO, has made it clear that he doesn't want biased code in the source. This means that code cannot be made into the source that benefits only a select server, such as SU, and especially if only for CAP. For that reason, it will likely never happen bar extreme circumstances that will be unlikely to ever occur.

Now please refrain from discussing this here. This is merely for questions, not discourse. Thanks!
Support for fakemons means that Paleo Wave and ShadowStrike will be able to work; as well as the abilities you guys have made.

Hey, just a couple of questions to do with CAP sprite making.

#1: What Application do you use? I think I saw paint somewhere but I'm just checking.

#2: If I do create a sprite for the CaP sprite revamping, who will edit it in? Wyverii has been inactive for 3 and a half months and there have been no edits since then.

Thanks in advance.

1: use whatever you want. wyverii and some others use microsoft paint.

2: pm user darkie he is a super mod and is required to manage all threads

Is there some kind of ranking cutoff to be involved in CAP? I'd like to join in the process, but I'm... not very good (only 1026 on the Smogon ladder).

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Nope, you can't cause much harm even on the off chance you get really stupid, because everyone is gonna vote on your submission, so participate as much as you can!

Besides, some sections of the process are flavor-based, such as art and sprites, and I would be willing to bet some of the artists don't even play competitive Pokemon anymore.

Why we won't make custom items?
I know that it's hard but i HAVE made an item that i can chose in teambuilder but i can't use it in battle. That's the only one problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)