Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something from protect:
100—Accuracy chance to hit through Protect
This means moves like Earthquake, Surf, Screech, Sing has 100% chance to hit if I used Lock On and Thunder during rain has 70% chance to hit through it after Lock On?

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Something from protect:

This means moves like Earthquake, Surf, Screech, Sing has 100% chance to hit if I used Lock On and Thunder during rain has 70% chance to hit through it after Lock On?
No, that '–' between the 100 and 'Accuracy' is a minus. It's a bit confusing because it could easily be a hyphen. So when you use Lock On, Earthquake and Surf have a 100% minus 100% = 0% chance to hit through protect. After Lock On, Sing has a 100% minus 55% = 45% chance to hit through Protect.

Ah, so shouldn't it be % chance to hit without Protect?

Because excluding Lock On/MindReader/No Guard/some special weather effects, all moves have 0% chance to hit through Protect.

... or should there be...
"100—Accuracy = chance to hit through Protect"
?

By what you said it translates into this. Sorry, it's just because it confused me >_<

Hi all! I just need some quick answers about how to go about breeding an elekid to obtain the moves...

Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Now, I know in order to get those moves on an elekid, I need to do some breeding. my question is, what is the best way to go about this?

Do I train a male or female machoke with those moves, and then breed it with etc etc? Or do i train hitmonchan, or hitmonleee? Or what? I'm confused and am having a hard time figuring out which pokemon I breed with what genders etc etc.

In the end I am trying to have and adamant electivire with that moveset, if anyone is wondering.

Thank you for all help!

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
The quickest and laziest way is to just use a PBR Vire as a father. :P

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi all! I just need some quick answers about how to go about breeding an elekid to obtain the moves...

Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Now, I know in order to get those moves on an elekid, I need to do some breeding. my question is, what is the best way to go about this?

Do I train a male or female machoke with those moves, and then breed it with etc etc? Or do i train hitmonchan, or hitmonleee? Or what? I'm confused and am having a hard time figuring out which pokemon I breed with what genders etc etc.

In the end I am trying to have and adamant electivire with that moveset, if anyone is wondering.

Thank you for all help!
Well, the very easiest way to get that Electivire is with PBR. It literally gives you an Adamant Electivire with that exact moveset. If you want to trade, I'm sure someone around here has one. If it's male and you breed it with a Ditto, you'll get an Elekid with those moves. Make sure you use an Adamant Ditto holding an Everstone for a 50% chance at Adamant children.

If you don't have PBR and you don't want to trade, I think your best bet is breeding an Ice Punch Hitmonchan with a female Machoke until you get a male Machop with Ice Punch. Once it learns Cross Chop, breed that with an Adamant female Electabuzz/Electivire holding an Everstone. Once you have a child you like, train it (EVs, level it to learn ThunderPunch, etc.) and teach it Earthquake with a TM.

Well, the very easiest way to get that Electivire is with PBR. It literally gives you an Adamant Electivire with that exact moveset. If you want to trade, I'm sure someone around here has one. If it's male and you breed it with a Ditto, you'll get an Elekid with those moves. Make sure you use an Adamant Ditto holding an Everstone for a 50% chance at Adamant children.
It will be, all PBR Electivires are male.

So after all my breeding, I finally got a decent Misdreavus with HP Fighting. However..it's BP is kinda weak. Is there a way to breed and steer towards the same HP as the Father, or is it not gonna work like that?

Would you guys suggest I get that PBR Vire and just train that one? The reason Im not so sure about it is because I dont want it to have any predetermined EV's. i wanna start it from a clean slate, i want to do all the ev training. You know what i mean? at lvl 50, I'm worried that it already is "messed with" if ya catch my drift. and that a baby elekid raisesd from lvl 1 would be stronger. Am I wrong?

KoA

is an Artist
9 minutes is not a bad wait, be patient.

PBR Vire on its own is alright if you don't mind mediocrity. Mine had 31 Attack IVs and good elsewhere.

which is more preferable CBgross or agiligross since i just recently bred a beldum with quad flawless IVs. i cant clone because i dont have wifi. i might someday though.

KoA

is an Artist
I'd say CB, only for the fact that the only time I use Gross, he gets BPs from Ninjask.

He's bulky enough to not mind the drop in speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)