Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think they are in the WiFi forum. Just use the newly re-enabled search function.

EDIT: Apparently, Goodbar doesn't do it anymore. Go figure.
EDIT2: Drat, neither does DawnBringer! I sure have outdated info. :(
If it's a Palkia, then it can be checked with pAC.

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and I would like to ask a question. I traded for a shiny, modest Palkia with these IV's: 29/28/30/30/29/30 from a guy from another forum... I need a trustworthy hack-checker to see if its legit or not pls... anyone know someone or is a legit hack-checker him/herself?
That is most likely hacked but if you want to check it anyway then it can be done with pAC. Anybody with access to an R4 or another similar flashcart can do it.
I could do it for you on the weekend when I have time.

yeah, its almost too good to be true lol but I trust the guy who traded it to me... I'll msg you in the weekend if I see you online then ;) thx

I think this is the right topic for this question:

I received a Mew via the GTS and was wondering if it's legit: It says it was met at Level 30 in Kanto.

This is only a concept right now, so it's not ready for an RMT

I'm gonna try and set up a team where I can completely prepare the enemy team for a Kingdra sweep. I'm going to remove the opponent's Blissey with Azelf or Dugtrio. Then I'll try and get rid of as many water types as I can by forcing the opponent to use them (powerful Ice and Fire moves mostly). Then, I'll get in Kingdra and destroy the rest of the team.

I know people have tried to do this with SD Lucario and stuff, but could Kingdra do it? I'm thinking Surf, HP Grass, and Dragon Pulse coupled with Rain Dance should be able to do it. Or, should I have Signal Beam to remove Celebi from the picture...

If I get my pokemon EV trained by AR, is going to be accused from hack, or is it just like if I had EV trained it by myself ?

And also, if my ditto haves 31/31/x/x/x/31, will it passes all those IV to the child ?

i forgot how to do the thing where you write a link inside some text so you read CLICK HERE and click it so it takes to to a website..like my sig

also can you tell me whats its called for future refference

@ Zeke: Only if it is a possible egg move. Like if you got a male Medicham and taught it Ice Punch (yeah I know it's a bad example) and bred it with a female Weavile, then the offspring would know Ice Punch.
@ The169Band:
1) Yes, if someone hack checks it then it will probably come out hacked. Just do it the old fashioned way, it's not that bad.
2) Only 3 iv's are passed to the offspring at most and no more than two for each, so only 2 of ditto's iv's will be passed at best.

1. Because you don't spend time looking for good parents (catch one with single- or double-flawless stats and go from there).
2. Yes, they "master breeders" (*pfft*) use the Fast Hatch and IV Check codes.
3. No. Not legitimate at all.

Technically..using hacked parents is as legit/hacked as using Fast Hatch code, IV Check and Insta-Egg.

The only reason people feel clean using the AR Codes is because it doesnt make a Pokemons legitimacy tainted when looked at by a hack checker..guess what? Neither does hacked parents.

?_? I hear this thrown around a lot, "Hack check" or "Hack checker".

How does one check if a Pokemon is hacked? (Besides the old fashioned OT / ID number check, stats, etc).

They somehow extract the hexadecimal code and check for some kind of irregularity. I don't know exactly how; it's much too complicated (or just secret) for me to understand.

They somehow extract the hexadecimal code and check for some kind of irregularity. I don't know exactly how; it's much too complicated (or just secret) for me to understand.
You basically create a file from a pokemon using the save file (meaning you need to get the save to a computer) and then open that file using a hex editor. Theres certain things that hacks have missing in the hex.

Thats it really.

I have a quick question. I had a Jolly Aipom on Emerald with the moves: Ice Punch, Mega Punch, Seismic Toss, and Bounce. I migrated it over to Diamond and began to breed with it. After a couple of hatched eggs, I found one that had a Jolly nature. However, this Aipom had the same moveset as the one that migrated over from Emerald. As in it had the moves: Ice Punch, Mega Punch, Seismic Toss, and Bounce. Is this the result of a glitch(it has to be right)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)