Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the union room, is there any way to have a 4 person battle? It doesn't have to be Wifi, just Local Wireless, but I was wondering if there was any way to do it besides having only one pokemon per person, and the level 30 cap.

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
Is the U-Turn -> Choice Item U-turn glitch only in PBR, or is it on DPPt as well?
To be more specific, this is when a pokemon uses U-turn, and switches into a pokemon that ALSO knows U-turn and is holding a choice item. The new pokemon's choice item locks onto U-turn, even though the new pokemon has NOT used it yet.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To be more specific, this is when a pokemon uses U-turn, and switches into a pokemon that ALSO knows U-turn and is holding a choice item. The new pokemon's choice item locks onto U-turn, even though the new pokemon has NOT used it yet.
I'm not sure about Platinum, but I recall hearing that it was in DP.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is definitely in Shoddy, and I think they put it in like this because that is what happens in DP, no?

its proved that in DP the poke switching in with choice "x" and u-turn its locked in u-turn if the switching out poke used u-turn, and i think that that isnt a glitch its something about the game mechanics, youre switching and attacking in the same turn so maybe its logic and fair that the incoming poke gets locked into u-turn if he has it in his moveset.

What is the standard set/EV spread for Sword Dance Bullet Punch Scizor?
Mine looked like this:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature / Technician
EVs: 252 Att / 252 HP / 4 Speed
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ X-Scizzor
~ Brick Break / Super Power

Obviously if you want to be outspeeding something specific you can change that. Brick Break will help with Dual Screen and you wont get the attack drop. Super Power will hit Heatran harder on the switch in.

The ability Pressure doesn't affect Recover? At least it didn't when my Milotic was facing a Dusknoir.

EDIT: Another question, how do I record battles with the Battle Recorder? I don't see any option that allows me to do so.

I believe pressure only affects moves that affect the oppopnent in any way (SR, Leech Seed), but not recover since it only affects the user.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A few questions about laddering

Do you get more points if you 6-0 someone instead of like 3-0?
If your opponent leaves in the beginning does that count as a 6-0?

any help is appreciated

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A few questions about laddering

Do you get more points if you 6-0 someone instead of like 3-0?
If your opponent leaves in the beginning does that count as a 6-0?

any help is appreciated
No, Mien, it makes no difference whatsoever. The only thing that is taken into account when calculating points received is your opponent's rating in relation to your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)