Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be legal to delete a game's save file using an external device?

More specifically, I found out that starting a new game on Pokémon Rnager: Shadows of Almia and saving doesn't erase the Ranger Net data, used for the missions which give you downloadable Pokémon. Instead, I borrowed my brother's flash cart and erased the entire save file that way.

So, is this frowned upon or not? It's hard to tell, since it's a lot different from how D/P work... In my opinion, it's just like restarting D/P to get the legends again.
I'm sure there will be at least one pro-corporate braindead reject who'll tell you to buy another copy of Ranger, but no, you're not cheating.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do you think the best combination of attacks would be on the following Expert Belt Tyranitar?

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Adamant
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe

- ?
- ?
- ?
- Stealth Rock

I can't decide out of Stone Edge, Crunch, Pursuit, Earthquake and Fire Punch,

LR.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
I really think it depends on your team. Usually, EQ and Crunch are standards. Pursuit can be good, though. Since you run Expert Belt, I think you want to get some quick KOs on some pokemon that are troublesome for your team. I hence advise to see what your team really lacks, and then maybe test with all of them.

Hope this helped mah friend ;)

LiontariAWF: The problem might be in the origin of your Ditto and/or Eevee. If it's from the 3rd generation games (RSEFRLE), or comes from a different language version of Pearl and Diamond (like it's a japanese Ditto/Eevee) the Everstone trick will not work. That, or you really have some bad luck, heh.

@AnimeAlex: No, it is not possible to EV train a level 100 pokemon because it does not gain experience. For that reason the box trick does not work in the 4th generation.
Then i have plain bad luck because the come both from me!

I am now officially confuddled...

And why do some moves on this site have zero PP?
The zero PP thing is just a bug, and it is very hard to fix and known, so don't report it.
The kakuna thing is just a joke(I think it's pretty funny ) You see those things a lot on smogon :D

bullet punch can be obtained on scizor by heart scale in platinum right? Can it be obtained even if the scizor comes from d/p?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@Diesel: Just look up the Pokemon whose sprite you need on Bulbapedia.

@Mr.Darkrai: Smogon's ladders are all on Smogon's server, under the 'rated' tab.

Is Flygon still BL? Because by statistics of November's metagame, it's more overused than some OUs such as Cresselia, Dusknoir, Gallade, Porygon-Z, Donphan so I'm wondering...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is Flygon still BL? Because by statistics of November's metagame, it's more overused than some OUs such as Cresselia, Dusknoir, Gallade, Porygon-Z, Donphan so I'm wondering...
Yes. For its tier to change, wait until January's updated OU list. It probably would be by then.

I'd hope for it to be booted becase that's one less thing to worry about when making a BL team. ;)

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Okay, I've been a member for several months, but there's one thing that's bugging the hell outta me. In user profile it says 'referrals'. WTH is it and how do you get one? Just tired of not knowing URGH...

Okay, I've been a member for several months, but there's one thing that's bugging the hell outta me. In user profile it says 'referrals'. WTH is it and how do you get one? Just tired of not knowing URGH...
If someone signs up to the forums, they are asked who it was that suggested the forums to them. If they say that it was a specific person then that user gets a referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)