Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, so I've heard people say that in Pokemon XD you can't SR for the legendary birds that you can catch at the end of the game, that you just catch them and it saves. BUT, wouldn't it be possible to have them be knocked out and then Mirror B. would get them, thus you could SR for them through him.

Or, would the IVs just be set in stone the first time you meet them?

I'm thinking of going though XD again but all I really want is Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Togepi, Lugia, and Dragonite so I want to make sure I can actually get the birds I want.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Hmm, so I've heard people say that in Pokemon XD you can't SR for the legendary birds that you can catch at the end of the game, that you just catch them and it saves. BUT, wouldn't it be possible to have them be knocked out and then Mirror B. would get them, thus you could SR for them through him.

Or, would the IVs just be set in stone the first time you meet them?

I'm thinking of going though XD again but all I really want is Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Togepi, Lugia, and Dragonite so I want to make sure I can actually get the birds I want.
IVs are determined when encountered. You knock them out, they actually stay in Greevil's possession, not fleeing to Miror B. The game saves, and now you're stuck with the IVs, but after the end of game, not before. So, unless you want it in a specific Ball (XD Articuno in a Dive Ball, no control over IVs/nature), then go for it.

And now I'm tempted to Dive Ball an XD Articuno.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
What would you recommend to someone that's not really new at Pokemon (I know about EVs and somewhat IVs and natures and whatnot), but that's new here?

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
What would you recommend to someone that's not really new at Pokemon (I know about EVs and somewhat IVs and natures and whatnot), but that's new here?
Play shoddybattle.

Anyone know of a good sprite resource for all the available Poke Balls in DPP? How about a Trainer ID calculator to see what 4 avatars you get to pick based on the Trainer ID?

Edit: Thanks LR, now I just need to find a sprite resource to help me decide which Poke Balls look the coolest for me to catch stuff in.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
There're also these, made by yours truly, that I don't mind people using in trade threads and things as long as I get an acknowledgment. Pretty good representation of the Balls.

Familiarize yourself with the Platinum tutors and forms? Eat three square meals a day, and get plenty of rest? Practice, practice, practice?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Is Wobbuffet at all effective in the battle tower? It seems like it could have some uses, but it's hard to say.
As in competitive, if you know how to use him and you are a master of prediction, its a good adittion but i shall say no.
There are a lot of pokemons better than wobuffet.

@LR: I always thought that the advantage of using expert belt t-tar was so you could feign choice band, then get a surprise KO when they thought you were locked into pursuit (and thus switching)...but this probably wouldn't work as well with stealth rock. I guess I would just go with crunch, stone edge, and fire punch/earthquake, depending on if you fear metagross or scizor more.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fire Blast will OHKO Scizor, and do > 50% to Metagross, with Adamant, no Sp. Atk EVs, and no boosting item. You're not OHKOing it, even with CB Earthquake.

Is Wobbuffet at all effective in the battle tower? It seems like it could have some uses, but it's hard to say.
and it gets easily knocked down by OHKO moves

I'm building a hail team, and I'm planning on leading with Abomasnow, which set would be the best one? Or do you think it's better to lead with something else?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ die eter: I personally like the CB set, as its powerful Ice Shard, Wood Hammer, Earthquake, and Focus Punch really help. Plus, nothing says "lol sup" to a Tyranitar like eating a CB Focus Punch.

I've seen Scarfed MixSnow before, and it doesn't do too badly, but the CB has always worked best for me.

How do I figure out my Deviation on Smogon?
Low rating + high rating / 2 is your rating. Subtract the low rating from your result to get your deviation.

Alternately, High Rating - Low Rating / 2.

If I U-turn while the opponent uses Pursuit, does the poke using U-turn still get hit, or does the incoming one take the attack?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
If I U-turn while the opponent uses Pursuit, does the poke using U-turn still get hit, or does the incoming one take the attack?
If the foe Pokémon uses Pursuit on the same turn U-turn is used, Pursuit will deal normal damage if the foe is faster, or double damage if the foe is slower than the user.

(Form bulbapedia xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)