Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ingame question here: according to Serebii the two Snorlaxes in Heart Gold and Soul Silver will reappear if defeated once you have beaten the elite four again. Can this be done multiple times? If so then you can steal the leftovers they may be holding with theif, defeat them, and then come back later and do it again! That would be great (although I already have 6 leftovers in platinum so I could just trade them.)
You won't be able to abuse this indefinitely, but you will be able to get 4 Leftovers and 2 Snorlaxes out of it. If it works like Dialga and Palkia, they only reappear once if you beat the Elite Four. You can steal and kill them, then regenerate them and catch them.

Sand Veil? I thought it was obvious since I mentioned Tyranitar. I don't mind running more Speed, but I wanted the best physical bulk I could get. At least the nature I'm 100% sure will be Impish. What speed should I aim for, them, with the set you suggested?

Edit - another quick question: is there any difference between the plates and stuff like magnet, silk scarf, etc, besides Fling and Arceus ability?

Also, where can I get more Leftovers?
1) Max Speed Jolly is best for Gliscor; you outpace standard Gliscor, you outpace all builds of Lucario except Agility (which is a big bonus and one of the primary reasons to use Gliscor), and you don't lose significant bulk by doing so

2) No; although there is no Silk Scarf equivalent in the Plates. They all add 20% to attacks of that type.

3) Buy them at the Frontier, I believe. Import them from Ru/Sa or FR/LG where they're pretty easy to obtain.

Do EV enhancing items add an additional four points? For instance, if I were to kill a Bidoof while holding a Power Weight, would I get 4 Ev's (Power Weight) + 1 (Bidoof) = 5 EV's?

Sorry for stupid question, I'm new to all this.

Somebody please generalize the most-current dominant strategies to win?
Semi-Stall is the most popular at the moment, I believe. It's essentially a stall core, but with one or two powerful sweepers or revenge killers.

Heavy Offense (Dual Screen lead, with powerful set-up sweepers) and Bulky Offense (Almost all pokemon with good defensive stats and HP) still get used, and Stall is used as always in the upper tiers.

I know NFE pokes like Chansey or Dusclops are part of the UU tier. How about NFE in NU? Are some of them banned? I was thinking specifically in Hippopotas because of SS.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know NFE pokes like Chansey or Dusclops are part of the UU tier. How about NFE in NU? Are some of them banned? I was thinking specifically in Hippopotas because of SS.
The NFEs in UU are: Scyther; Chansey
The NFEs in NU are: Pikachu; Clamperl; Magneton; Porygon2

Related to my other question, if I have a pokemon with say, a power weight on, and I switch half way through the battle to another pokemon and kill the opponent, will the pokemon with the power weight still get the +4?

Since Worry Seed "changes" a Pokemon's ability to insomnia, instead of "suppressing" it like Gastro Acid, does the ability change remain if a Pokemon switches out?

I know probably not, but just asking.

Technically, all NFE's are eligible in NU except scyther, wynaut, and chansey. The only reason pikachu, clampearl, magneton, and porygon-2 are listed is because they have on site analisis of them (which gligar now does, and trapinch has one too). Gabite doesnt have an analysis yet, so is still listed under NFE, not NU. Again, it doesnt really matter, as it is eligible for use in NU and UU anyway

I want to EV a Dusknoir, but I'm having trouble getting the IVs right while breeding. Is it more important to have max Defenses or Max HP? Like if I get 30/31/31 for my defesnive IVs, should I keep going for the perfect HP or is that okay to leave it?
One point in any stat other than speed won't make any real difference (except for determining your hidden power), seeing as how there's a random component to the damage formula. 30/31/31 defenses are just fine.

Does iron ball have the same effect as using roost? As in would my flying poke lose its weakness to Rock etc.

I think Iron Ball rather has the effect of gravity. So a Flying type will be hit by Ground attacks as though they were only their other type, and a Levitator will also be hit by Ground attacks as though they didn't have Levitate. Both Flying and Levitating Pokemon will also be susceptible to Spikes and Toxic Spikes (if Steel-type, they're still immune to TSpikes, and if Poison-type like Crobat they will absorb the TSpikes).

One point in any stat other than speed won't make any real difference (except for determining your hidden power), seeing as how there's a random component to the damage formula. 30/31/31 defenses are just fine.
Hp is relevant if you need:

- substitute numbers (Hp - 1 divisible by 4 to sub 4 times and live, or Hp divisible by exactly 4 to trigger a berry on the 4th sub)
- to make 101 subs for Seismic Toss (404 hp)
- to survive more Seismic Tosses (301+, 401+ Hp)
- to get maximum Life Orb effectiveness (XX9 Hp)
- to get maximum leftovers recovery (Hp divisible by 16)
- survive one extra Stealth Rock (odd Hp)

So, it's quite relevant. Probably not in this Dusknoir case, but more relevant than defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)