Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this moveset legal on an Arcanine?
-Substitute
-Thunder Fang
-Agility
-Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang is a tutor move i think once you evolve it to arcanine, so you lvl up till growlithe learns agility and crunch, evolve using fire stone, use a TM to give it sub, then tutor Thunder Fang onto it.
Yes it is legal.

Does a Pokemon with both PokeRus and the Speed boosting Power item that battles a Magikarp (1 Speed EV) earn 6 EVs [(1*2)+4] or 10 EVs [(1+4)*2]? PokeRus has inflicted a lot of my Pokemon, and I hate messing up on EV training.

@Familiar Trainer: Thanks, I should look harder...

@Saanaito: It's 10. PokeRus is the final stage of EV output, along with Macho Brace. The Power Items and Base EV yield is the first part.

Hey I couldn't find this anywhere and this is probably a newbish question buts what all this BL and UU stuff all about? does it stand for like the different gens of pokemon? or am i completely wrong? :P

I've been breeding gibles and sometimes on the daycare checker on the bottom of the screen shows that there is no egg but then I talk to the man and there really is an egg. What's going on?

Hey I couldn't find this anywhere and this is probably a newbish question buts what all this BL and UU stuff all about? does it stand for like the different gens of pokemon? or am i completely wrong? :P
They are just different tiers of pokemon; different metagames. UU stands for underused and BL stands for borderline. Overused is the standard tier and underused is...the tier with weaker pokemon. BL is anything that's too strong for UU, but not good enough for OU. They divide up pokemon so that each one has a fighting chance in its tier and thus can be used reasonably well.
And no, they are not different gens, OU, UU, etc. can come from any generation.

will sleep talk allow nroar to work against a pokemon if i have been taunted?

eg.gyarados used taunt!

empoleon is asleep! empoleon used sleep talk!

empoleon used roar?

yes/no?

sorry to repeat, bt i really want an answer befor ethe page disappears an no-one notices it :)

I've been breeding gibles and sometimes on the daycare checker on the bottom of the screen shows that there is no egg but then I talk to the man and there really is an egg. What's going on?
You have to refresh the page, by tapping the bottom screen. But if your on the breeding route, I wouldnt bother with it.

Ok so I was in a battle against an opponent, it was against his cresselia and my heracross, here's the moveset

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Sleep Talk
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Close Combat

I used Sleep Talk after being Spored and it used Stone Edge and KOed Breloom, THEN he sends out Cress and I use Sleep Talk and it failed? What's the deal?

Ok so I was in a battle against an opponent, it was against his cresselia and my heracross, here's the moveset

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Sleep Talk
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Close Combat

I used Sleep Talk after being Spored and it used Stone Edge and KOed Breloom, THEN he sends out Cress and I use Sleep Talk and it failed? What's the deal?
The only thing I can think of is that you woke up before using it.

I think when you use Sleep Talk on a Choice Scarf Poke while it's asleep. The move that Sleep Talk used(Stone Edge) becomes the only move you can use. But idk really.

will sleep talk allow nroar to work against a pokemon if i have been taunted?

eg.gyarados used taunt!

empoleon is asleep! empoleon used sleep talk!

empoleon used roar?

yes/no?

sorry to repeat, bt i really want an answer befor ethe page disappears an no-one notices it :)
Taunt stops Sleep Talk being used, so no.

when you're chaining pokemon (or just catching a crapload in general), if you fill up a box does it switch or do you have to drop the pokemon you caught

when you're chaining pokemon (or just catching a crapload in general), if you fill up a box does it switch or do you have to drop the pokemon you caught
It switches. I know this for a fact because it happened while I was chaining/catching Dittos.

Does the accuracy of Protect/Detect stack with Endure? Could you effectively switch between the two? Also, does Endure save you from weather and poison/burn damage?

It switches. I know this for a fact because it happened while I was chaining/catching Dittos.

Does the accuracy of Protect/Detect stack with Endure? Could you effectively switch between the two? Also, does Endure save you from weather and poison/burn damage?
1. Endure/Protect/Detect run on the same counter iirc. Using Endure immediately after Protect will give it a 50% of working.

2. Endure does not save you from indirect damage (burn, poison, hail, sandstorm, etc).

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Sleep Talk
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Close Combat

For some reason, the game is programmed to allow a Sleep Talk+Choice Item Attack only once. After that, I believe you Struggle.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
For some reason, the game is programmed to allow a Sleep Talk+Choice Item Attack only once. After that, I believe you Struggle.
Me and SePh tested this a long time ago and here's what happened

Darkrai vs Choice Band Chansey

Darkrai used Dark Void!
SePh's Chansey fell asleep!
Chansey is fast asleep!
Chansey used Sleep Talk!
Chansey used Hyper Beam!
(1% damage!)

Next turn
Darkrai used Dark Void!
*no effect*
Chansey is fast asleep!
Chansey used Sleep Talk!
*animation*
But it failed!

How does rivalry exactly work? Does it raise your attack by 25 or 50% while attacking an opponent of the same gender? And if the opponent is not the same gender does it lower the attack? This is what the description here on Smogon says but according to ingame text and other websites attacking an opponent of the opposite gender should do neutral damage. So what is the truth behind rivalry!

Thanks!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Rivalry boosts your attack by 1.25x against an opponent of same gender. It does not lower the attack if the gender is opposite. It just doesn't do anything

Ah ok 1.25 times. Thanks... I think I may make a Luxray with rivalry and take the risk that he'll meet a lot of males :)

If I am unable to get HP Ice onto "The Assassin" Yanmega, what would be the next best moveset to use for best type coverage? (Or would it not be worth it at all?)

Set for reference:

[SET]
name: The Assassin
move 1: Protect
move 2: Hidden Power Ice
move 3: Bug Buzz
move 4: Hypnosis / Air Slash
item: Expert Belt / Life Orb
ability: Speed Boost
nature: Modest
evs: 6 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SpAtk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)