Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Blissey's Seismec Toss can get annoying, you can use pokemon like Calm Minding Mismagius and use Blissey to set up. Mismagius is immune to Seismec Toss as is every ghost.

Calm Mind Blissey can still match up and hit it with Ice Beam or Thunderbolt, though. Of course standard Blissey can hit with Ice Beam, too, but against a Calm Minding Mismagius it wont really matter.

i dunno
wobb def's are so low

It seems redict that blisseys hp is so high, and it can do a constant 100 hp every turn, not to mention the huge sp def

i thought the thing that made somethign an uber was its total base stats alone

also, can some one find me a good shoddy download?

wat makes an uber is stats movepool and abilitie hence why manaphy is uber now and blissey only has 10 defense so gets owned by any physical attacker

Does soft reseting in front of a Honey tree change the Pokemon you meet? I have reseted about 50 times, and Wurmple appeared every time.

Well Wobbufett lets pokemon set up real easily. It locks the opponent into a move and then can bring in whatever it wants on that move. Smeargle can come in on any +stat move or ghost move and quite easily set up a belly pass (well not as good now, due to CScarf), guts pokemon can come in on Toxic and get a free attack boost, ninjask can come in on an earthquake, it has lots of possibilities, not to mention the fact that it can trap and kill at least one pokemon.

What does the score in the trainer card mean? I'm coming up to 10000 and I don't know why/how.
Bump.

i have a HUGE problem with evolving my BOLD feebas. i thought it would be easier like ruby/sapphire but i was wrong o.O...gave it 2 pamtre and the rest in hondew and i was still far from max beauty! that's cos bold don't like dry food? and i did the poffins alone since i can't find anyone with wireless communication. or is there an in-game place where u can make poffins with multiple people? really need help

Okay, dunno if this is the right place to ask this, but I figured there would be a few techies reading this thread...

Okay, so I'm trying to set up my wi-fi connection. We used to have a TKIP-Personal security, which the DS doesn't support (but the Wii does, strangely enough), but we got rid of that. For now, we don't have any authentication security or whatever.

So, when I turn on the game and go to Nintendo WFC Settings, I can connect, and the test is successful. But, in the game, when I go to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Club (you know, downstairs in the pokecenter), I can't actually get in. After I say I want to connect to the Wi-Fi, it tries to connect. The little signal strength thing right away goes to three bars, but after 20 seconds or so, I loose all the bars and I get an error message, saying I have been disconnected, code 61020. I've tried the Nintendo website and customer service and whatnot, but they're not helpful, and the code doesn't give me much of an idea either. We figured it was the firewall when we were playing with the wifi, and we think. we got it to work. When we were testing it, I tried going to the GTS, which I did successfully, and I was (and still am) able to make trades there. But it doesn't work when I try to go to the Wi-Fi Club.

Should I post this in the Wi-fi sub-forum, too? I figured this would be a better spot; then I don't have to create an whole thread for this. Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read this and tries to help me out here.

For a Naive Infernape, the Analysis says to put 232 speed evs. That would give infernape 342 speed. Should I put 8 of those EVs into attack? Then Infernape would have 340 speed, since the next highest after it's 347 are pokes with 339 (and most of those pokes aren't common). Would those 2 points of attack make a difference?

For a Naive Infernape, the Analysis says to put 232 speed evs. That would give infernape 342 speed. Should I put 8 of those EVs into attack? Then Infernape would have 340 speed, since the next highest after it's 347 are pokes with 339 (and most of those pokes aren't common). Would those 2 points of attack make a difference?
Whatever you do, it will hardly matter, though I'd keep 342 or go for ever more(maybe max) with the hope that you can outspeed random starmie. Such small amounts of attack hardly make a difference anyway.

Okay, dunno if this is the right place to ask this, but I figured there would be a few techies reading this thread...

Okay, so I'm trying to set up my wi-fi connection. We used to have a TKIP-Personal security, which the DS doesn't support (but the Wii does, strangely enough), but we got rid of that. For now, we don't have any authentication security or whatever.

So, when I turn on the game and go to Nintendo WFC Settings, I can connect, and the test is successful. But, in the game, when I go to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Club (you know, downstairs in the pokecenter), I can't actually get in. After I say I want to connect to the Wi-Fi, it tries to connect. The little signal strength thing right away goes to three bars, but after 20 seconds or so, I loose all the bars and I get an error message, saying I have been disconnected, code 61020. I've tried the Nintendo website and customer service and whatnot, but they're not helpful, and the code doesn't give me much of an idea either. We figured it was the firewall when we were playing with the wifi, and we think. we got it to work. When we were testing it, I tried going to the GTS, which I did successfully, and I was (and still am) able to make trades there. But it doesn't work when I try to go to the Wi-Fi Club.

Should I post this in the Wi-fi sub-forum, too? I figured this would be a better spot; then I don't have to create an whole thread for this. Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read this and tries to help me out here.

I usually have to restart the computer, then log in under the admin for my WiFi to work. My problem was similar to yours, but this way works. Just remember to turn off firewalls before you use it.

If you are using the USB gadget on a computer then make sure to disable all firewalls and anti-viruses (including the built in windows firewall). You will then need to accsess the controls for your modem/router (I do this by entering 192.168.2.1 into Firefox) and make sure that your computer is set to bypass the hardware firewall - add it's ip address to the DMZ or exceptions section.

If you are connecting the DS directly to the router (no USB gadget) make sure you enter the settings manually (automatic detection sometimes gets it wrong) in the DS. Also disable DHCP and use a manual IP Address (I reccomend 192.168.2.99) and enter your routers IP under DNS, the subnet mask seems to always be 255.255.255.0 . In your routers configuration add the DS's IP Address to the DMZ list.

If none of the above works then it could be possible that your broadband is simply not fast enough or is being overworked. The GTS uses alot less bandwith than wifi-club battling and trading.

What is the standard EV spread for a flinching Togekiss? I read the EV section, but it was saying that Togekiss has Nasty Plot anyways so it won't need much Special Attack EVs. There's no Nasty Plot on it, however. Can I get a standard one please?

@ Too_Hungry35
Probably just go with 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SAtk if you arent running Nasty Plot, if you are probably edit the SAtk for SDef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back