Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I tried to do was fight a Ditto, and have it transform into my Croagunk. After it Transformed, I had planned to have Smeargle Sketch Pursuit, but it Sketched Transform instead.

Where's the best place for Double Battles outside of that Cafe? Can the VS Seeker activate Doubles?

Nah, I meant to Smearlge Sketch, but I found a great place. There is a pair of twins above Solaceon Town that seem to accept all VS challenges.

Where go I get a Shuca Berry in D/P?
The Ponyta in the route north of Solaceon. Bring a compundeyes theif and you'll get them very regularly.

Anyway, I guess it fits here. I want to get either Emerald or Diamond (I have Pearl already), I haven't really decided.

Emerald has the awesomeness of cloning and really good breeding, as well as the Battle Frontier. Gives me a shot at getting good Legends too. I also haven't played through it before, so I guess it is a change of pace.

Diamond on the other hand I have played through (Pearl), but what I can do on Diamond is SR for good legends (no you suck, Mr. Impish Heatran/Jolly Cresselia), and generally mess around with it.

I'm leaning towards Emerald, but what are your opinions? They are both around the same price btw.

Yeah, still don't understand the price deal. I'd get Emerald. Awesome breeding, plus a shot at some Pokes you can't get other than through XD and Coliseum.

Flinch items

I was wondering if anyone knows if you have a chance of causing the opponent to flinch on each strike of multiple hitting attacks in D/P (like double hit) when holding a King's Rock or Razor Fang. Or if the flinch is calculated once before the opponent attacks.

I would assume the later considering a pokémon switching in with the item after a team mate u-turns out can cause the opponent to flinch.

Substitute questions:
i know that status effects dont work on Subsitute, but what about things like Mean Look, Scary Face? will Pursuit work on a Pokemon with a substitute switching out?

can you Roar away a pokemon with a substitute out?

Substitute questions:
i know that status effects dont work on Subsitute, but what about things like Mean Look, Scary Face? will Pursuit work on a Pokemon with a substitute switching out?

can you Roar away a pokemon with a substitute out?
Mean look / scary face is blocked. If you pursuit a sub I believe it will hit the sub but I'm not 100%. You can roar away a sub.

@ Evil Toast - teach sunny day to a blissey :\

Is there any advantage of having your HP divisible by 10 when using a Life Orb?

EvilToast said:
What's a good non-grass type special wall, capable of starting Sunny Day?
Hmm.... Umbreon?

Anti said:
Is there any advantage of having your HP divisible by 10 when using a Life Orb?
Actually, you want it so you are left with around 1 HP, just like with Subs. That way, you get a max possible 11 hits in before you die.

I dunno. I'll probably just go for Cresselia then.

New question: How many speed EVs does Hasty Shiftry need to outspeed Choice Scarf users after Chlorophyll?

"choice scarf users"?

that could mean anything from a scarf shuckle to a scarf-jask. More specifically? I can work out any spreads you want, just give me a number to beat and the speed IV of your Shifty.

Quick Powder doubles Ditto's speed right? which would be 428 maxed? (the analysis says 418).

Also, Has anyone tested the exact stats that ditto has after transforming? I know Ditto keeps its own HP but I've been getting conflicting answers on the other stats.
Of the things i've heard....
1. Ditto copies every stat point the opponent has (with exception to HP) exactly as the opponent has it.
2. Ditto copies only the base stat setup for that pokemon essentially making it like an untrained version of the foe.
3. Ditto takes the base stats of the foe and applies its own EVs to said stats, essentially making it a trained version of the foe.
Are either of those correct or is there something different?

Quick Powder doubles Ditto's speed right? which would be 428 maxed? (the analysis says 418).

Also, Has anyone tested the exact stats that ditto has after transforming? I know Ditto keeps its own HP but I've been getting conflicting answers on the other stats.
Of the things i've heard....
1. Ditto copies every stat point the opponent has (with exception to HP) exactly as the opponent has it.
2. Ditto copies only the base stat setup for that pokemon essentially making it like an untrained version of the foe.
3. Ditto takes the base stats of the foe and applies its own EVs to said stats, essentially making it a trained version of the foe.
Are either of those correct or is there something different?
Well, since the max. Speed Ditto can attain with +Nature and 252 EVs is 214, then yes, Quick Powder would make that 428.

As for Ditto's Transform, here's what we've got in the D/P Analyses Move Descriptions for Transform:

[NAME]
Transform
[SHORT DESC]
Transforms into the foe.
[LONG DESC]
Transforms into the target, copying its stats (except HP), moves (at 5 PP each), type, and ability. The stats are copied exactly, so EVs, IVs, and level are irrelevant. IVs of the target are copied for purposes of Hidden Power, as well. Metal Powder and Speed Powder's boosts are lost upon Transforming. Choice Band, Choice Scarf, and Choice Specs keep their boost upon Transforming.

Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)