Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this a good Scizor set

Scizor @Choice Band
Jolly Nature
Technician

BP
Bug Bite
SuperPower
(filler)

pliz help
Adamant nature is best, since Scizor's slow anyway. The "filler" slot is actually important, you should use either Pursuit or U-Turn. I'd use Pursuit with U-Turn over Bug Bite, but if you need to have Bug Bite to attack while staying in, I'd pick Pursuit for the last slot.

Adamant nature is best, since Scizor's slow anyway. The "filler" slot is actually important, you should use either Pursuit or U-Turn. I'd use Pursuit with U-Turn over Bug Bite, but if you need to have Bug Bite to attack while staying in, I'd pick Pursuit for the last slot.
thanks im very concerred about speed but i´ll change to adamant thanks il use pursuit but is it good to switch it to LO? or i stay with Band

i love how they say im fat

thanks im very concerred about speed but i´ll change to adamant thanks il use pursuit but is it good to switch it to LO? or i stay with Band

i love how they say im fat
Well, Adamant is preferred because his max Speed is low anyway, and Bullet Punch somewhat helps his lack of Speed. LO is usable but using it with the Swords Dance set is recommended, as that takes advantage of being able to switch attacks.

And apparently the "Fat" thing in quotes is an inside-joke that was implemented to poke fun at users who I wouldn't know because I'm a newfag (First lurked in Mid-2010, a year after I started competitive play).

Unrelated to your question and this thread: Come to think of it, I was horrible back then in 2009. I made my Dugtrio use Aerial Ace instead of SuckerPunch/EQ on Espeon because I thought it'd switch out.. Other than that "derp moment", I wasn't too bad (I mainly played UU and NFE).

hi, I am new to battleing and I what to know where to start, thank you to who every repleys to this.

I also want to where I can get a avitar, thank you to who every repleys to this.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The best choice is just lurking around the forum for a little. Check out the RMTs, look at how the good players set up their teams. Don't forget to read forum rules before posting, and there's several good warstories in the Warstory Archive if you want to see the thought process behind battling.

Welcome to Smogon and have fun here!

Hey guys! I'm gonna be starting my Pokemon White soon and was thinking of my team, and I was wondering... How well does Krookodile function under a Trick Room setting? Is there a set or something that anyone can give me to test, or one that looks good?

I saw its Base 92 Speed(?) from which I was surprised to see from the large crocodile... *is a Feraligatr user* Anyway, I thought there could be some use to this still, as the rest of my team functions very well in TR setting.

Thanks in advance! It's greatly appreciated~! :3

Modest because I don't see the point in defense.
ok thanks. and could you help me out with my team

Right now
Gligar/Gliscor
u turn
sword dance
stealth rock
Equake

Physical Sweeper
Haxorus
dragon claw
dragon dance
Equake
brick beak

Samurot
ice beam
hydro pump
swords dance
x scissor (dont know what to replace it with

Im thinking for staller
Chansey/blissey leftovers
soft boiled
Aroma therapy
protect

what other 2 pokemon to use i was thinking another defense pokemon like mamoswine

Tenteacruel
toxic spikes
rapid spin
safe guard
hydro pump

I have a legitimate question.. What is the best user's of the item eviolite? In a list of top 15 and what makes them great.. c(;
1. Chansey - better overall bulk than Blissey
2. Dusclops - bulkier than Dusknoir, great defensive spinblocker
3. Porygon2 - very bulky, has Recover, and Trace is potentially very useful
4. Murkrow - fairly bulky, has priority PerishTrapping and Roost thanks to Prankster

The rest of these should only really be used in lower tiers, where their fully evolved forms can't be used. Otherwise, they're very outclassed. They're all useful because they do the same things their fully evolved forms do, but are usable in lower tiers (and some are overall bulkier, like Rhydon and Tangela)

5. Rhydon
6. Ferroseed
7. Tangela
8. Gligar
9. Magneton
10. Golbat
11. Gurdurr
12. Shelgon
13. Metang
14. Duosion
15. Piloswine

Keep in mind that these are just my opinions. I have seen all of these Pokemon used to great effect with Eviolite, in various tiers

i just want to know if this 2 mon team could work?

scolipede
jolly
baton pass
Equake
iron defense
protect
evs:252 hp/4 atk/252 spe

scrafty
relaxed
dragon dance
drain punch
crunch
drangon tail
ev's:252 hp/ 200 def/ 56 spD

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're talking about on PO, then no. You need 6 pokemon if you even want a chance at beating your opponent. If you're talking about in-game well basically anything works in-game.

Can someone please tell me if Smeargle can Sketch the move Memento in B/W and, if so, how? I googled and looked on the Sketch guide here on site and the two methods suggested don't work.
Method 1) Taunt the Memento user. Problem) Taunt doesn't prevent memento from working it prevents its actual use so Smeargle can't Sketch it.
Method 2) Kill off both opposing pokemon before the Memento user gets to go. It should fail with no target. Problem) In the wild this would end the battle and I don't know of any trainer double battles you can go back to.
Any help would be appreciated.

1. Chansey - better overall bulk than Blissey
2. Dusclops - bulkier than Dusknoir, great defensive spinblocker
3. Porygon2 - very bulky, has Recover, and Trace is potentially very useful
4. Murkrow - fairly bulky, has priority PerishTrapping and Roost thanks to Prankster

The rest of these should only really be used in lower tiers, where their fully evolved forms can't be used. Otherwise, they're very outclassed. They're all useful because they do the same things their fully evolved forms do, but are usable in lower tiers (and some are overall bulkier, like Rhydon and Tangela)

5. Rhydon
6. Ferroseed
7. Tangela
8. Gligar
9. Magneton
10. Golbat
11. Gurdurr
12. Shelgon
13. Metang
14. Duosion
15. Piloswine

Keep in mind that these are just my opinions. I have seen all of these Pokemon used to great effect with Eviolite, in various tiers
Thanks that really helped. the first one's you mentioned I have been using.. Quite a bit.. and with great success.. but I was curious how many other 'mons fared with the item.. Such as Golbat, Piloswine, and Magneton.. have been in use with all around teams.. esp. those in weather or OU.. and random matchup...

Can someone please tell me if Smeargle can Sketch the move Memento in B/W and, if so, how? I googled and looked on the Sketch guide here on site and the two methods suggested don't work.
Method 1) Taunt the Memento user. Problem) Taunt doesn't prevent memento from working it prevents its actual use so Smeargle can't Sketch it.
Method 2) Kill off both opposing pokemon before the Memento user gets to go. It should fail with no target. Problem) In the wild this would end the battle and I don't know of any trainer double battles you can go back to.
Any help would be appreciated.
I think what may work in a Triples Battle might be this;
3 Mons, middle one is the target, one to the left is Memento user. (Really, up to preference)
- Pokemon on the right attacks the middle, causing it to faint.
- Memento fails, due to lack of target.
- Smeargle comes in, Sketching the Memento.
- Pose like a team

I think what may work in a Triples Battle might be this;
3 Mons, middle one is the target, one to the left is Memento user. (Really, up to preference)
- Pokemon on the right attacks the middle, causing it to faint.
- Memento fails, due to lack of target.
- Smeargle comes in, Sketching the Memento.
- Pose like a team
Or just use Whimsicott's or Thundurus' Taunt on the middle Memento user

Stratos

Banned deucer.
A Pokémon needs 3.4% usage (meaning it appears in about 1 of every 20 teams) to be considered OU, and 53 just happens to be at that percentage.
Kay, I had figured it probably originated from percentage, but check your math. 3.4% is one in every thirty teams, not twenty.

Quick question. My friend uses some wierd thing on his computer to make the EV's and moves etc. Can someone tell me on of these programs? I have looked this up on Google but I can't find anything.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Quick question. My friend uses some wierd thing on his computer to make the EV's and moves etc. Can someone tell me on of these programs? I have looked this up on Google but I can't find anything.
I bet it's PokeGen, which is banned on smogon (It is banned right?)

Everything related to external devices which help you "make" Pokémon is strictly disallowed in the Wi-Fi section and for trading in general - for battling, some people don't care if you use legal hacks, just ask them first if they're okay with it.

PokeGen is a rather grey area because you CAN generate legal PIDs, and so far its quite hard to hack-check during VGCs unless you are a complete retard at PokeGen(for example underlevelled stuff, or wrong capture location)

- Do not distribute Pokémon via .pkm files. These are difficult for people to retrieve with cartridges and encourage the usage of flashcarts/emulators/Pokegen.
This is the only mention I could find, but its not exactly the stuff that should be legal, per se. I'm not a frequent WiFi poster(I don't even have my own trade thread) though, so my opinions could be flawed. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)