Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, I have to install silverlight or I can't use that page. I've wondered where a 5th gen calc was though. Is there some way to use that page on Firefox? Is silverlight Internet explorer only?

When I go to that page is is all blank white with a pic in the middle saying "To view this content, please install microsoft silverlight"

So I guess I should just install it then right?

When I go to that page is is all blank white with a pic in the middle saying "To view this content, please install microsoft silverlight"

So I guess I should just install it then right?
I use the same calc, and I would recommend it. Just download and install MS Silverlight imo. It isn't big or anything and is (on a really basic level) just Microsofts Flash Player of sorts. A lot of Microsoft related websites use it for media, such as videos on Bungie.net (Halo), and it's also a good tool for app building, such as this calc here.

I wrote the rejected UU analysis for Typhlosion. Does that disqualify me from ever earning a Pre-Contributor badge no matter how much work I do (even if I write fifty approved analyses)? (I'm not asking for a badge here.) Also, do any of you have an idea when RU suspect testing and RU C&C will start?

im running the average choice scarf hihidarmuma/darminatan, and i just want to know what does more damage overall, earthquake or bulldoze? i just started using the damage calc but i cant figure it out just yet, not sure i find it hard to use but whatever.

its max attack jolly if you need to know, TIA =)

Running Choice Scarf over Life Orb means that Bulldoze will be at less than 100 power from only sheer force boosting it, so in this case EQ is better.

thanks for the quick reply, but as you mentioned "in this case" that means bulldoze is better if has a lifeorb? because if its under 100 power with sheer force, wouldnt earthquake still get the higher percentage of damage meaning earthquake is better overall?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wrote the rejected UU analysis for Typhlosion. Does that disqualify me from ever earning a Pre-Contributor badge no matter how much work I do (even if I write fifty approved analyses)? (I'm not asking for a badge here.) Also, do any of you have an idea when RU suspect testing and RU C&C will start?
No, being rejected does not make it impossible to obtain the ladybug. Just do work. Ru will pick up once ou and uu settle down more.

im running the average choice scarf hihidarmuma/darminatan, and i just want to know what does more damage overall, earthquake or bulldoze? i just started using the damage calc but i cant figure it out just yet, not sure i find it hard to use but whatever.

its max attack jolly if you need to know, TIA =)
Earthquake is base 100
bulldoze is base 60 times 1.30 is about 80
Not to be harsh, but the math is there
Edit: ninjad
ok, LO EQ is 100x1.30 which is 1.30
LO Sheer force buldoze is 60x1.30x1.30 which is 101.4

I have a friend who is now going to supply me XD Gale of darkness Pokemon.
Could I have some strategies and the Pokemon with XD Gale of Darkness moves that will be effective in 5th generation?

I've looked at the move natural gift recently, and it actually looks like it could be pretty good for something. One question on it, when you use it, do you then gain the effects of the held berry or does it dissapear? If you gain the held berry effects, you could use ng to turn your pokemon into a sweeper using a pinch berry without having to lower your health to 25%.

I've looked at the move natural gift recently, and it actually looks like it could be pretty good for something. One question on it, when you use it, do you then gain the effects of the held berry or does it dissapear? If you gain the held berry effects, you could use ng to turn your pokemon into a sweeper using a pinch berry without having to lower your health to 25%.
It just dissappears. It is a very useful attack, though, especially on things like Occa Scizor and Wacan Gyarados - it allows them to murder their counters, or if you haven't used the attack yet, it lets them take half damage from their 4x weaknesses.

Edit: You're going to want the resist berries for Technician Natural-Gift users, because the resist berries turn into a Base 60 of whatever type they'd protect from (Occa is Base 60 Fire, boosted to 90 from Technician). For Gyarados, Wacan Berry is still used for the resistance, although there's a berry for an 80-BP Electric Natural Gift if you want (Was it Watmel Berry? Can't remember).

Leafeon makes good use of this too, with Shuca/Occa/Chople Berry to help its depressing offensive movepool.

It's not just for Internet Explorer. I'm using it now on Google Chrome.
Talking about Google Chrome...
I recently started using it, but whenever I'm on Smogon, it's all different.
I can't copy images straight away anymore.
Neither can I see the immediate result of BB codes when I'm typing a message, which I could when using IE or FF.
EDIT:
So if I'm replacing Seismic Toss for say... Flamethrower, Blissey does it better?
Since I usually battle over C-gear with my friends, my Pokémon become level 50. So Seismic Toss is kind of a no there.
Anyone?

If you aren't satisfied with using S-Toss Chansey and want to attack with some Special move (Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Whatever), then Blissey is the better choice.

Chansey also has the option of Counter, and can take most any unboosted physical attacks with 252/252 Bold and generally OHKO's back. That's a gimmicky route, that would likely work alright for you on Wi-Fi as no one expects it, but that's about the only other legitimate attacking option Chansey has. If you want anything else, use Blissey.

Everything related to external devices which help you "make" Pokémon is strictly disallowed in the Wi-Fi section and for trading in general - for battling, some people don't care if you use legal hacks, just ask them first if they're okay with it.
wait i think in battles they are not allowed either i may be wrong but hey why cant i add you as a friend everytime i go to your profile i just see your statistics

Is gengart best with Modest or Timid?

people seem to only use hurricane in rain, but according to the descriptions of po / serebii, it raises accuracy in weather. is hurricane 100 acc in all weather or just rain?

people seem to only use hurricane in rain, but according to the descriptions of po / serebii, it raises accuracy in weather. is hurricane 100 acc in all weather or just rain?
Rain only, PO uses Serebii's data, which comes from flawed translations of JP descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)