Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify if need be, Zorua and Zoroark aren't legendary, despite having so much publicity including their own movie, much like Riolu and Lucario

EDIT; So this is what it feels like to be ninja'd, I sympathyse Birkal :'(
So this is what it feels like to be a ninja...

Anywho, a while back I recall people in their avatars and sigs having images of pokemon wearing these triangular orange glasses. Namely Chou having one with Ferrothorn. What was that about?

The description of Facade says its side effect activates upon primary status changes but doesn't name sleep status explicitly - though sleep is a primary status change, too. Is Facade boosted while the user is sleeping?

The description of Facade says its side effect activates upon primary status changes but doesn't name sleep status explicitly - though sleep is a primary status change, too. Is Facade boosted while the user is sleeping?
Smogon Description of Facade said:
Base Power doubles when the user is burned, paralyzed, or poisoned. The Attack drop from burn is still applied, unless the user has an ability that ignores the drop, such as Guts.
No, it only activates if you are burned, paralyzed, or poisoned.

Still 1/8192 unless you use the Masuda Method where you breed two Pokemon from different countries. In that case it's 1/2048

EDIT: ninja'd

To elaborate, Facade doesn't work while you're asleep because your pokemon is asleep when trying to attack so it will fail, but when you wake up you won't get the boost as you're not under the status anymore. Same with freeze.

in pokemon black can you double battle over wifi? if so vm me if you're up for it I'm bored and wanna set a record
Yes, but I am not going to battle you.

I have just started getting into UU and I was wondering what is the most standard UU team out there right now? For example, a dry and boring standard team in OU would be like Tyranitar, Scizor, Terrakion, Landorus, Rotom-W, and Celebi.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
^
Roserade, Heracross, Rotom-H, Swampert, Flygon, Nidoking

If I have a technician Scizor with a Flying Gem and I use Acrobatics, what will be the BP of the attack?

^

If I have a technician Scizor with a Flying Gem and I use Acrobatics, what will be the BP of the attack?
165; (55x2)x1.5; the Flying Gem is consumed before Acrobatics checks for an item, so the Base Power is too high for Technician to activate.

haunter

Banned deucer.
^
This is a bit oversimplyfied. UU is quite a diverse metagame. While Flygon, Roserade and Heracross are indeed very common, there are other threats to consider when building a team:
1) Sand teams - Eviolite Hippopotas is very viable and sand is the only permanent weather in the tier, so Pokemon like Stoutland and many rock types that get the SpD boost are very viable and threatening;
2) Stall and quick stall teams are very viable as there are a lot of spikers such as Roserade, Deoxys, Froslass etc and a lot of spin blockers (ghosts) such as Mismagius, Sableye and the same Froslass;
3) Offensive boosters like Mew and Azelf should never be understimated as they can run through UU teams afrer a single NP;
4) Rain teams can be devastating now that snow warning is banned. Remember that UU has mons like Kingdra, Ludicolo and Kabutops;
5) Pokemon such as Empoleon, Krokodile are very common in top tier teams (at least according to my experience).

I've probably missed something but this should be a good starting point.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
To elaborate, Facade doesn't work while you're asleep because your pokemon is asleep when trying to attack so it will fail, but when you wake up you won't get the boost as you're not under the status anymore. Same with freeze.

No when you're alseep and use Sleep Talk and it chooses facade it will have 70 BP.

I have a question about EV training. I don't do this forum stuff often, so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong place or something, but I'm desperate.

I'm playing black and training my staryu for special attack. I'm battling litwicks and have a power lens on. I have my staryu to go into battle first and then switching to someone else to finish off the battle. Been doing this since staryu was level 1 after just hatching.

From my understand, I should be getting 5 EVs from each battle but my special attack is only going up 1 point every 4 battles as if to signify I'm only gaining 1 from each battle.

Am I not understanding EV training or am I doing something wrong? I just learned about all this EV stuff like 3 days ago too so I'm still learning.

Thanks for any help!!

EV numbers are divisible by 4 because at level 100, you'll have 1 stat point for every 4 EVs. At lower levels though, it takes more EVs for a single stat point (look at a few Little Cup analyses that illustrate this). If you continue EVing, your Staryu/mie will have normal stats once you've trained it higher, the EVs will add in along the way.

EV numbers are divisible by 4 because at level 100, you'll have 1 stat point for every 4 EVs. At lower levels though, it takes more EVs for a single stat point (look at a few Little Cup analyses that illustrate this). If you continue EVing, your Staryu/mie will have normal stats once you've trained it higher, the EVs will add in along the way.
Awesome thanks!!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey disturbedarc, it sounds like you already have quite a good grasp on EV training! If you ever desire to learn more, Nexus has written an awesome guide on the very subject; it can be used as another resource on your journey. Best of luck!

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are some broken fun hacks to use in the Battle Subway? So far I've used No Guard Ninjask with Sheer Cold, Pure Power Regigigas and Slaking, Rock Head Archeops with 4 recoil moves, Contrary Latios with Draco, Leaf Storm, Overheat, and Psycho Boost, and Wonder Guard Spiritomb. Anyone got any other creative/fun hacks to use?

Besides Roar/etc and Pokemon with Skill Link, what's another good way to Counter Substitute.

How does Dream World pokemon get updated? Do they come out on a schedule or is it random?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)