Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i was wondering, how do you go about teaching ferrothorn leech seed and spikes? i know you have to breed but not much more than that

@Choice Scarf
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly nature, Snow Cloak trait
Icicle Crash | Earthquake | Icicle Spear | Stone Edge

Works?

so i was wondering, how do you go about teaching ferrothorn leech seed and spikes? i know you have to breed but not much more than that
Cacnea can learn both moves, for one not want to chainbreed.
Otherwise Roselia and Maractus learn Leech Seed via Lv-up and inherit Spikes (but from Cacnea, which defeats the purpose).

This was rather odd, and happened in-game: I was fighting Cynthia's Spiritomb with my Siglyph (Immune to Will-o-Wisp, Spiritomb has Sucker Punch as it's only attack move) the game stated "Spiritomb is exerting it's Pressure" but Siglyph still only used 1 PP when using Calm Mind. I set up to +6/+6 and Siglyph was at 12/20 on Calm Mind, not 6/20 you would expect. The same thing happened with my Sub/CM Gardevoir. Any ideas?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Choice Scarf
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly nature, Snow Cloak trait
Icicle Crash | Earthquake | Icicle Spear | Stone Edge

Works?
I'd personally replace Icicle Crash with Superpower. If I recall correctly, Icicle Spear does more damage on average than Icicle Crash does. Plus, you get the added bonus of breaking substitutes. Superpower, on the other hand, can help you take on the likes of Tyranitar and Ferrothorn. You might also want to consider an Adamant nature instead of Jolly to get a bit more power. But that's your choice! Check out the analysis here for an even more in-depth description of Choice Scarf Mamoswine.

waht do ou thim about those pokemon from XD gale of darkness?

Dragonite (calm, heal bell)
Hp 29-30, Atk 12-13, Def 25-26, SpA 31, SpD 26-27, Spe 28-29

hypno (sassy, baton pass)
Hp 13-15, Atk 7-9, Def 25-27, SpA 22-24, SpD 29-31, Spe11-13

Rapidash (Fire Flash, Timid, Baton Pass)
Hp: 20-21-22, Atk: 30-31, Def: 10-11-12, SpA: 13-14, SpD: 30-31, Spe: 30-31

Swellow (Guts, Adamant, Baton Pass)
Hp: 22-23-24, Atk: 14-15-16, Def: 6-7, SpA: 14-15-16, SpD: 5-6, Spe: 27-28-29

lunatone (modest, baton pass)
Hp 4-7, Atk 26-29, Def 30-31, SpA 2-5, SpD 10-13, Spe16-19

solrock (lonely baton pass)
Hp 19-20, Atk 25-27, Def 13-17, SpA 22-24, SpD 29-30 , Spe 19-20

What's the environment you'll be using them in? In a similar vein, how much time are you willing to invest to make better ones?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is it worth it to breed for IVs or is it too time consuming?
What are you aiming to play? If you're simply working through the main game, then it's definitely not necessary. If you're battling with your friends, IV breeding isn't even that important; more often than not, it is more important to breed for natures and abilities. However, if you're working towards competitive WiFi battling, then it is quite important to breed for IVs! They can break speed ties and provide extra bulk and/or attacking power. If you have any questions about how to IV train, here is a pretty darn good guide than can get you started!

what about another vulpix
Only if the one with the dreamworld ability is female, and even then it won't be 100% of the time. Dreamworld abilities can only be transmitted if you use a female with the Dreamworld ability in a breeding pairing that doesn't involve Ditto.

They are pokemon from XD gale of darkness, and a soft reset of one of them required a lot of minutes
You should post those in the Discuss My Pokemon thread, in the WiFi forum. ;)

Btw, those XD catches are really good! Great job.

The question I have is quite lengthy but I do hope it's at the correct place (Sorry, if I posted at the wrong place, I'm still new)

Let's say that I have a male deino with 31 Ivs in Speed, holding a Power Anklet and I'll breed it with an adamant female axew with 31 ivs in Attack holding an everstone. I'm aiming for an adamant 'Mold Breaker' axew with 31 IVs in Atk/Spe. Can someone confirm my calculations for me~?

50% chance to pass "Mold Breaker" Ability.
50% chance to pass nature of the female Axew.
100% chance to pass down Male Deino's speed IV.
2/10 % chance to pass down 2 Ivs of either parents. (Wait, if I'm wearing the anklet, does that exclude the Speed Iv of the other parent or is it included in the calculation, making it 2/11% chance instead o.o)

So total chances:
= 50% x 50% x 2/10 %
= 5%

Are my calculations correct o.o~?
Many thanks to whoever can confirm my equation :)

Does some luck base item is still banned?(Quick Claw, Focus Band)

Because I didn't see it in Rule page.

Does Sleep Clause effect in-game Wi-Fi? Because there aren't "Generally, this rule will be automatically enforced in simulator play." text in Rule page while Evasion Clause and OHKO Clause have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)