Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some broken fun hacks to use in the Battle Subway? So far I've used No Guard Ninjask with Sheer Cold, Pure Power Regigigas and Slaking, Rock Head Archeops with 4 recoil moves, Contrary Latios with Draco, Leaf Storm, Overheat, and Psycho Boost, and Wonder Guard Spiritomb. Anyone got any other creative/fun hacks to use?
Imposter Blissey has been funny to use for me.

WeiWei: Technician Breloom once that comes out, Snatch if you have Awesome predicting skills... That's roughly it.. Perhaps Tspikes.
Breaking a sub shouldn't be all too hard though.

spechese claus

i was battling someone on wifi from serebii ive never been on this site before but heard about it today. the person i was battling said something about spechese clause??? what does he mean? i asked and he said i should get real and come on smogon...so here i am asking the experts.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its called species clause and it means that you can only have 1 of any pokemon with the same pokedex number.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Besides Roar/etc and Pokemon with Skill Link, what's another good way to Counter Substitute.

How does Dream World pokemon get updated? Do they come out on a schedule or is it random?
Along with what AasTmO said, there's stuff like Dual Chop Haxorus and Utility Cloyster that are useful for breaking subs in a pinch. The latter is a great example because it can set up hazards as well to further discourage Substitute use. You could also try using Taunt if you have a speedy Pokemon; some good examples include Sableye and Gliscor. Otherwise, Roar and/or Whirlwind is usually the best way to go.

Also, the Dream World gets updated at random, as far as I am aware.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Will there ever be another np megathread for OU?
I feel like NP: OU threads are actually generally terrible overall. They're an activity hog and many discussions get drowned out very easily. So as long as I'm a mod I'm going to do my best to argue against them. That being said there are many threads in the forum about many facets of the metagame. Ranging from Stall to offensive teams and even a general metagame discussion thread.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I feel like NP: OU threads are actually generally terrible overall. They're an activity hog and many discussions get drowned out very easily. So as long as I'm a mod I'm going to do my best to argue against them. That being said there are many threads in the forum about many facets of the metagame. Ranging from Stall to offensive teams and even a general metagame discussion thread.
I just feel that there is no good place to discuss suspects, or what should be suspect. Personally, I'm for a Baton Pass ban of some sort, but there's nowhere I can voice my opinion in a way that it will be heard.

I certainly see your point, since if you look at any of the subforums, there's usually just the np thread with all the new posts, and hardly any other threads have any. But if there's a comfortable medium, I would surely strive for that.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just feel that there is no good place to discuss suspects, or what should be suspect. Personally, I'm for a Baton Pass ban of some sort, but there's nowhere I can voice my opinion in a way that it will be heard.

I certainly see your point, since if you look at any of the subforums, there's usually just the np thread with all the new posts, and hardly any other threads have any. But if there's a comfortable medium, I would surely strive for that.
I have no say in what the other tier leaders of those subforums can do -- though I stand by my claim that NP: threads are generally terrible. "We" don't get to talk about suspects in the sense, since we've strayed away from the suspect test and have gone to a council method. The council is merely a handful of OU players who have shown extreme knowledge about the metagame -- they decide if something is removed or is allowed to stay. As for your Baton Pass issue in the previous (and last) suspect test it was voted on and it did not receive a super-majority, so it will continue to be in OU unless it is proven to be extremely broken.

When a pokemon is paralyzed, is it's current speed 25% of the original speed or 25% minus off it's original speed?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Because people think that complex bans should be avoided as much as possible though, in all honesty, I've been thinking about a complex Sand Stream+Sand Veil ban for a while as that's quilte possibly the only combination that makes Garchomp broken.

Matthew

I just wanted to ask why they banned Garchomp instead of just banning the Sandstream + Sand veil combination.
The accuracy part of Garchomp was only a small segment of why it was banned as a whole. It's amazing stats, typing, and movepool also played a huge role.

Because people think that complex bans should be avoided as much as possible though, in all honesty, I've been thinking about a complex Sand Stream+Sand Veil ban for a while as that's quilte possibly the only combination that makes Garchomp broken.
They did it with Rain. Why not give Sand a chance?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Rain was supposed to be the "exception" to the rule, though I can see that from an external standpoint it may seem inconsistent with the general policy.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The accuracy part of Garchomp was only a small segment of why it was banned as a whole. It's amazing stats, typing, and movepool also played a huge role.
And its unpreidictability, fairly low number of checks, and overcentralizing effect

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I just wanted to ask why they banned Garchomp instead of just banning the Sandstream + Sand veil combination.
Haunter and Matthew both have excellent points; Swift Swim + Drizzle really is an exception to the rule, while Garchomp was banned for multiple reasons besides Sand Veil. Check out the Voting Nominations of that suspect round to read a bunch of well-thought out paragraphs on why the top OU battlers deemed it broken. I feel that the nominations go much more in depth in terms of your question than what we have time to write here! These voters came together and, with the supermajority found here, it was banned from OU play.

They did it with Rain. Why not give Sand a chance?
I'm no mod, but it looks to me like the main difference was that with Rain, you had a good set of 3 Swift Swimmers, and the complex ban was the one common point against against all 3 of them (all three were only broken because of Swift Swim, let's face it, they're far from broken without it). Sand has Garchomp....and Gliscor, though most use Poison Heal, and Gliscor is often used outside of sand anyways. So mainly Garchomp. Given its only one Pokemon, from my perspective, seems to make more sense just to use the simple Garchomp ban, rather than make a complex ban for just one Pokemon. You'll note the same logic applies to Blaziken. Sure, we could ban Speed Boost Blaziken, but it's just one Pokemon with this problem. To simplify things, just ban Blaziken. Obviously if people suddenly thought that Ninjask and Sharpedo were broken, then that might make a complex ban more viable against the three of them (no using these Pokemon + Speed Boost, or something like that). But right now it's just Blaziken.

Add to that Garchomp had great stats and moves and that trolly base speed.

[/2 cents]

Bulbapedia said:
Contents
1 In Pokémon Black and White
1.1 Assist egg glitch
1.2 Café Warehouse glitch
1.3 Fainted Pokémon Glitch
1.4 Gear Station glitch
1.5 Icirrus Gym glitch
1.6 Landing on person or item
1.7 Music speed glitch
1.8 Nacrene Gym bookcase glitch
1.9 Nimbasa Gym Trainer glitch
1.10 Sitrus Berry glitch
1.11 Sky Drop glitch
1.12 Text speed glitch
1.13 TM67 Retaliate glitch
1.14 TM94 Rock Smash glitch
1.15 Trick Room glitch
1.16 Walking Trainer glitch
Apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)