Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Under the assumption you wish to run fully physical or a mixed set with Hidden Power [Ice], reduce each of their Atk and Def IVs to 30.

Speed, even when it comes down to single digit numbers, can still play a role in determining who is going to win the tie; so you always want to make sure your Spd (on any Pokemon, that is) hits a particular number where you can outspeed Base (Spd. here) tier.

No, as SR is a gen IV TM and Whirlwind is a gen V Egg move. Roar + SR should work just fine though.
EDIT: Ninja'd below poster by 5 sec. Dang I feel cool.

Is Wailord generally considered a bulky pokemon? Even with it's below average defenses, a 0/252 Calm Wailord takes special hits better than a 252/0 Gyarados, and Gyarados is considered a bulky Pokemon.

The thing that makes Gyarados bulky is his excellent typing along with possible Intimidate. He's not bulky for a wall, he's bulky for an attacking pokemon. Wailord doesn't do good enough of a job at walling or attacking to be considered good.

The thing that makes Gyarados bulky is his excellent typing along with possible Intimidate. He's not bulky for a wall, he's bulky for an attacking pokemon. Wailord doesn't do good enough of a job at walling or attacking to be considered good.
While Wailord isn't very bulky, his high HP lets him to take some hits. It is also strongest Water Spouter outside of Ubers. But Wailord is by no way a good wall in OU.

While Wailord isn't very bulky, his high HP lets him to take some hits. It is also strongest Water Spouter outside of Ubers. But Wailord is by no way a good wall in OU.
I was thinking about Curse And RestTalk wailord rather than a walling set, is it worth it?
And is ScarfLord woth water Spout viable in OU?

I was thinking about Curse And RestTalk wailord rather than a walling set, is it worth it?
And is ScarfLord woth water Spout viable in OU?
It's not viable in UU from what I know. I'd use something... anything else myself honestly. Hell, I'm pretty sure Scarf-Toad can hit harder with Hydro Pump and the power of his attack doesn't go down as his HP lowers either.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
can anyone tell me where to use this arceusvote password I have the dream world and such but I still have no idea and there doesn't seem to be any clear instructions

EDIT: Ahh figured it out, way to have annoying password Nintendo.

Sableye has the advantage of Prankster WoW, which lets it get off some last ditch WoWs and get the burn on faster mons, but it hard to switch in because it's so frail. Dusclops has much better bulk, so the decision is really between speed or bulk
EDIT: Ninja'ed @.@

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If your opponent has Reflect up and you use Brick Break, will the damage be halved or normal?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm pretty sure it's normal damage because the Reflect is smashed before the damage is dealt iirc.

Jellicent says hi.

Seriously, if you're thinking of using Wailord, go to Jellicent. It has way more Special bulk, comparable Physical bulk, more attacking power, Recover, Water Absorb, and the ability to spinblock. In other words, Jellicent is all Wailord is and more. It even has Water Spout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)