Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it any wiki/websites describe about the coexit issues of moves detailedly?
Not that I know of, but I can give you some guidelines so you can figure it out for yourself.

Usually a conflict occurs in the following circumstances, and usually with Egg moves or past generation tutors and TMs.

1. Multiple egg moves cannot be put on the same Pokemon unless the parent transferring the move can learn both moves. This is because Egg moves are only transferable from the male parent, and you obviously can't have two male parents if the two egg moves you want can only be learned by different Pokemon. Bulbapedia lists the egg moves of each Pokemon on its page and also shows which parents are required to pass that move on, so you can use this to check.

2. Event only moves usually cannot be bred, and so are incompatible with any egg moves. The easiest example of this is Blissey and Chansey who learn Wish through event only, and as such Blissey and Chansey using Wish cannot use Egg moves such as Aromatherapy.

3. Abilities that were released only in later generations can sometimes conflict with moves that were only learnable before the Pokemon got that ability. For example on Breloom got Poison Heal in generation IV, but only learns Seismic Toss in Generation III through a move tutor. As such, Breloom with Poison Heal is incompatible with Seismic Toss since you cannot transfer Pokemon to past generations.

4. Pokemon with DW abilities cannot learn moves that were only available from TMs and tutors from earlier generations. This is why Poison Heal Gliscor cannot have Roost. The only exception to this is with moves that come exclusively from the Dream World. However, THESE moves are incompatible with Egg Moves, since these moves do not transfer when bred.

All compatibility stuff can usually found by going to the Pokemon's page on Bulbapedia and comparing the Pokemon's abilities and moves through the generations, as well as looking through the event pokemon page. As far as I'm aware there's no comprehensive list, so you might have to do some of the footwork yourself.

EDIT: OH and also there are a few moves that can only coexist with certain natures because they were given out at events on Pokemon who had a set nature. The only Pokemon I can think of that this comes up on regularly is Raikou and Aura Sphere, where if if the Raikou has Aura Sphere it has to be a Rash nature. It should also technically be shiny but I don't think most people care about that.

EDIT2: Guess I thought I'd add in that you don't need to check every Pokemon you use. The warning signs you might have a conflict are:
- Was your Pokemon given out in an event at some point?
- Is it using an ability it didn't always have?
- Is it using more than one Egg move?
- Is it using a DW ability or move (really an extension of the second point but DW specific Pokemon have the most conflicts usually so it's worth mentioning seperately)

If your Pokemon meets any of the above conditions, you might want to check for conflicts.

And of course, all this can be ditched if anyone finds a comprehensive list somewhere.

I know that a while back a site existed that let you "save your pokemon" on their server so that you could transport it to another edition or from gen 4 to gen 5 . However, I forgot the name of that site. Does anybody know if the same or a similar site still exists?

How good is Weavile in OU?
It's good enough to warrant an OU analysis found here: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/weavile/ou

It's faster than every OU Pokémon except Jolteon and has the 14th best Attack, but keep in mind that other lower tier Pokés are still stronger or faster such as Ninjask. It has STAB Ice Shard which is quite useful, Swords Dance, and access to some coverage moves like Low Kick. However its STAB is walled by any Steel-type and it has bad defensive typing combined with low defensive stats

BurningMan

fueled by beer
How good is Weavile in OU?
Not very good, it got a niche as revenge killer for most of the Dragons and is a decent pursuit trapper, however it's set-up bait for a couple of very common Pokemon most importantly Scizor, Jirachi and Rotom-W. It's also quite frail and weak to all kinds of hazards so its not exactly easy to get in. Your often much better off using more standart Pokemon like Scizor ,Tyranitar or Mamoswine.

Jimera0, your answer is very thorough, but just for consistency's sake, I'd change 2 things:

1. Blissey/chansey gets Heal Bell through a tutor, and therefore can get Heal Bell and Wish on the same set. I guess post Aromatherapy to get the same effect, without misleading.

2. Breloom gets Thunderpunch in Gen 4 (Plat/HG/SS Tutors), so I'd use Seismic Toss as an example to remain consistent...(or how about Multiscale Dragonite with Superpower?).

Again, great post detailing everything that should be noted when searching for move legality, but I'd recommend making these changes...JUST to avoid confusion.

Not very good, it got a niche as revenge killer for most of the Dragons and is a decent pursuit trapper, however it's set-up bait for a couple of very common Pokemon most importantly Scizor, Jirachi and Rotom-W. It's also quite frail and weak to all kinds of hazards so its not exactly easy to get in. Your often much better off using more standart Pokemon like Scizor ,Tyranitar or Mamoswine.
But wasn't Weavile ou in DPPt? Why did it fall?

I know that a while back a site existed that let you "save your pokemon" on their server so that you could transport it to another edition or from gen 4 to gen 5 . However, I forgot the name of that site. Does anybody know if the same or a similar site still exists?
I'm not entirely certain this is what you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure Pokecheck is the website you're referring to. At least, it has those capabilities.

@Mr. L yeah I changed it, I looked up those examples kind of hastily and didn't check all the sources you get moves from I guess. My bad.

@Hariyama

Weavile was OU in generation IV because back then the metagame was focused more on speed than bulk, so weavile's high speed gave it a big niche as a revenge killer. These days it no longer has the power to compete with its slower bretheren and its speed is not as sorely needed. Still, it can have a niche on some teams and functions in its old role fairly well, though not as well as it used to since Dragonite got Multi-Scale.

Gunna just assume using AR is frowned upon here. But going to ignore that for a moment!
So, in short, going on a trip in a week, haven't touched pokemon in over a year, have a team in mind, don't have the time to build such team legitly. So wanting to use AR. - Also, I have no other idea how else anyone would get a WIsh Blissey, unless you were one of those lucky people. - Anyway, question, if I AR'd to get my pokemon, will I be able to still do online battles? - I remember hearing about a problem with this before.

@Rooness: It's possible to use an AR to battle, and as long as you post in your signature you use legal hacks, and only use said legal hacks (No illegal movesets, 510 EV Limit, that sort of stuff), then you should get along fine. There are some people who refuse to battle anyone with legit hacks, but you can always just avoid them =P

Who are some of the more dangerous Electric users this generation? I've been revising my dual screens + sweepers team and I think I have a pretty good combination of pokemon now. Between their various types they can switch into any type of attack, except for Electric...

@Rooness: It's possible to use an AR to battle, and as long as you post in your signature you use legal hacks, and only use said legal hacks (No illegal movesets, 510 EV Limit, that sort of stuff), then you should get along fine. There are some people who refuse to battle anyone with legit hacks, but you can always just avoid them =P
Yea, not looking to make anything OP, just as far as I can tell getting a Wish-Blissey is impossible to get any other way, anyway? - Though, I guess I should've been more specific, am I able to still battle online via the Nintendo Servers? - Or are they able to detect 'ARed' pokemon.

Yea, not looking to make anything OP, just as far as I can tell getting a Wish-Blissey is impossible to get any other way, anyway? - Though, I guess I should've been more specific, am I able to still battle online via the Nintendo Servers? - Or are they able to detect 'ARed' pokemon.
They supposedly will be able to know if you're using hacked stuff. Idk how much of this is true tho, it's always worth a shot.

Two part question:

How viable is Sub-Split & Punch Gengar in OU with Shadow Ball as Coverage?

If said Gengar is viable, how many Attack EVs are needed to guarantee the OHKO/2KO of Blissey/Chansey?

Two part question:

How viable is Sub-Split & Punch Gengar in OU with Shadow Ball as Coverage?

If said Gengar is viable, how many Attack EVs are needed to guarantee the OHKO/2KO of Blissey/Chansey?
I wouldn't say it is viable...it has base 65 atk with a max of 251 (31 ivs, 252 evs in atk, beneficial nature). Heck, the smogon analysis of it never mentions focus punch once...so you're better off sticking off with plain ol' sub-split.

It goes without mentioning that it is outclassed as a sub-puncher...both by OU's fighting pokes and by RU's golurk (a ghost).

Yes, but Rotom-W is such a large threat that you might want to tailor a counter specifically for it.
I was afraid of that... after reading the article on Rotom-W and looking through my team, I don't think I have anyone that can adequately handle him right now. I suppose I could throw Ferrothorn on there since I was originally planning to use him anyway, but then that disrupts my "dual screens + sweepers" theme...

I'll be playing on Wifi though, not a simulator. Do you think he's as common on Wifi as on a simulator?

How does Nature affects a pokemon's stats? Does it increase/decrease how much stats your pokemon will receive during level up? Does it affect EVs in some way? I really wan't to min-max my pokemon so please answer me. >_<

How does Nature affects a pokemon's stats? Does it increase/decrease how much stats your pokemon will receive during level up? Does it affect EVs in some way? I really wan't to min-max my pokemon so please answer me. >_<
Nature, unless it is a neutral nature, will benefit one stat and hinder another.

From the Bulbapedia article on Nature:
"A Pokémon's nature usually affects the growth rate of two of its stats, ultimately increasing one of its stats by 10% and decreasing another by 10%. Natures also determine the Pokémon's favorite flavor and its disliked flavor. Each stat is tagged to a flavor (e.g. Attack-Spicy), and if the nature boosts the stat, the tagged flavor will be the Pokémon's favorite (i.e. Lonely boosts Attack, hence a Lonely-natured Pokémon's favorite flavor is Spicy). The opposite also holds true (i.e. Bold hinders Attack, so a Bold-natured Pokémon will dislike Spicy food).
Every nature represents one of the 25 unique possible combination of stat increase and decrease, thus there are five natures that have no effect on the Pokémon's stat growth (Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky and Serious). These five "neutral" natures are technically natures that increase and decrease the same stat."
Click this link for the full article:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

It mentions growth rate of stats so does that means that when a pokemon levels up, one of it stats will have increased bonuses and the other stat decreased? So if two low-level pokemon(same species) with different natures but have same stats leveled up, will it have different stats(like leveling them from 1 to 100)?

No another one will not decrease. It will simply stay at it's current level. While the benefited one will raise. EVs will raise even more the stat of the pokemon you're training.

It mentions growth rate of stats so does that means that when a pokemon levels up, one of it stats will have increased bonuses and the other stat decreased? So if two low-level pokemon(same species) with different natures but have same stats leveled up, will it have different stats(like leveling them from 1 to 100)?
Yes.

I have this Mewtwo that I'm trying to put up for trade on GTS: level 50, Docile nature, knows Psych Up/Ice Beam/Psychic/Psycho Cut, and has Pokerus. I had transferred it from my Pearl game so it arrived from Sinnoh. But when I try to offer it the game tells me "That Pokemon may not be offered from trade (13267)!" Why would it be ineligible for trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)