Resource Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: NU Edition

Guys, i am trying an eviolite Staryu as my spinner and I would like to know what is Cryogonal's not spinner moveset. The Offensive set, assault vest??
I doubt eviolite Staryu is very effective right now at all, but Cryogonal does not have a non-Spinner moveset. Nearly 100% of Cryogonals will be running Rapid Spin. But there are 2 different Cryogonal movesets. An offensive one with Life Orb, and a bulky one. You can read about them here

Do Consider trying Claydol, Cryogonal, or Sandslash over Staryu though, it doesnt have many qualities of a good spinner (but if you can make it work good for you!)

I was wondering what generally the most effective Hariyama set is right now. I checked the onsite strategy dex, but the only gen vi sets up are for doubles. I assume most of his gen v sets are still more or less what he uses now just replacing a coverage move with knock off, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks boltsandbombers

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering what generally the most effective Hariyama set is right now. I checked the onsite strategy dex, but the only gen vi sets up are for doubles. I assume most of his gen v sets are still more or less what he uses now just replacing a coverage move with knock off, but I just wanted to check. Thanks
Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Earthquake, Ice Punch, and Heavy Slam are viable moves as well.
Fake Out and Bullet Punch are relatively self explanatory for priority to pick off faster foes. Close Combat is a hard hitting STAB, and Knock Off is for general utility and hitting Ghost / Psychic types.

Last edited:
Does attract works the same was as the ability Cute Charm does??? and has this ability/move any effect on genderless pokemon ???

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Does attract works the same was as the ability Cute Charm does??? and has this ability/move any effect on genderless pokemon ???
Yes, Cute Charm is basically the move Attract in the form of an ability. So no, it won't have an effect on genderless or same-gender pokemon.

If I have a dusclops with eviolite and will-o-wisp, should I invest more Evs in Sp.D to not have it as a vulnerability or should I invest more Evs into defense for more of a wall?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
If I have a dusclops with eviolite and will-o-wisp, should I invest more Evs in Sp.D to not have it as a vulnerability or should I invest more Evs into defense for more of a wall?
Personally, I'd advise taking more of a physically defensive approach to help tank pokemon such as Sawk, Mega Steelix, Archeops, Hariyama, (physical) Virizion, Mawile, Kangaskahn, Feraligatr, and other prominent physical attackers with ease, but it can go either way depending on the needs of your team. However, I'd personally stay from using Dusclops in current NU as it's a sitting duck when actually used. I understand that it may look like a practical and effective physical wall on paper, but when it comes to battle, it's just going to end up predictable, set-up fodder for various things and it is rarely actually beneficial to use (plus, knock off is a bitch). An alternative physical tank that has access to Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, and the ability to check physical fighters is Weezing, if this helps, but it lacks the ghost typing, so they're not fully comparable.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good counter to granbull?
Granbull is more of a defensive Pokemon, so you dont really have to pack a check or counter on it on every team like you would for threats such as Mega Steelix and Typhlosion.
Nonetheless, if Granbull is troubling you just use a Steel, Poison, or Fire type. Mega Steelix fits this the role best, as it is immune to thunder wave, resists play rough and takes next to nothing from earthquake.

Who would be good partners for a bulky Golurk set with an Assault Vest on a balance team?
If you're using Golurk in this meta, AV is the worst option you could go for. Sure it can tank a few grass and water hits, you shouldn't be staying in on strong hits and golurk is bulky enough to tank weak HP power with proper investment. Colbur, leftovers or choice band are superior options. However if you wanna try AV, go ahead. Its partners need to take strong water, ice, grass, dark, ghost hits so things like AV Hariyama, Cryogonal, Mega-Audino can be decent choices on balance.

If you're using Golurk in this meta, AV is the worst option you could go for. Sure it can tank a few grass and water hits, you shouldn't be staying in on strong hits and golurk is bulky enough to tank weak HP power with proper investment. Colbur, leftovers or choice band are superior options. However if you wanna try AV, go ahead. Its partners need to take strong water, ice, grass, dark, ghost hits so things like AV Hariyama, Cryogonal, Mega-Audino can be decent choices on balance.
But isn't Audino more of a Stall 'mon? I've tried to use Stall 'mons before, and it wasn't pretty. I guess Cryo would make a good team mate though, but what set should I run on it? I know Rapid Spin for one...

But isn't Audino more of a Stall 'mon? I've tried to use Stall 'mons before, and it wasn't pretty. I guess Cryo would make a good team mate though, but what set should I run on it? I know Rapid Spin for one...
Audino is not a stall Mon, or simply refined to just stall by regenerator wish passing.

Mega Audino gives an entire new complex to the sets it can run. Karane was referencing the fact that Mega Audino can break other balance teams thanks to its CM restalk set or even lure some usual threats like mega steelix thanks to its offensive cm fire blast set or poison mons with psychic. Overall, it breaks other balance teams which is really important on a balance squad
Just FYI, because a Mon is restalking doesn't mean its stalling

I've fallen in-love(in a way) with giving jynx choice scarf and using trick, is this a viable strategy? And if so could I get a move set that involves it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)