Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably asked a lot, but here goes:
Is it possible to self-reset ladder rankings? I understand people use alts to start from scratch while laddering but I like my username and was wondering if I'd ever be able to reset it if I wanted to start a new ladder run.

edit: quick question 2: if my college is using a proxy log in, is it resolvable or am I forever prevented from playing at college

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is probably asked a lot, but here goes:
Is it possible to self-reset ladder rankings? I understand people use alts to start from scratch while laddering but I like my username and was wondering if I'd ever be able to reset it if I wanted to start a new ladder run.

edit: quick question 2: if my college is using a proxy log in, is it resolvable or am I forever prevented from playing at college
Its not possible at this point to reset them, thats one of the reasons people use alts. You're not prevented from using PS if you're on a proxy server, the only danger is another user on that proxy doing something stupid i.e spamming and getting themselves locked/banned.

Hi guys; I'm new at PS and I have some quick questions.

I don't have too much time for play at the week, just the weekends, so, how the score sistem will work for me laddering?
Is there a way for me to reach high scores?

Another question. As I played the game since the R/B/Y I, know a lot off the basics of the game but I'm really interested to play X/Y competitively. Is there any kind of tutor here in the forum? Would be very nice to be introduced for a veteran who could help me to improve my playstyle.

Last edited:
Hi guys; I'm new at PS and I have some quick questions.

I don't have too much time for play at the week, just the weekends, so, how the score sistem will work for me laddering?
Is there a way for me to reach high scores?

Another question. As I played the game since the R/B/Y I, know a lot off the basics of the game but I'm really interested to play X/Y competitively. Is there any kind of tutor here in the forum? Would be very nice to be introduced for a veteran who could help me to improve my playstyle.
Your rank will function just like everyone else's, cause there is no such thing like time-based mechanics on the rating system

There is a tutoring program on smogon called Battling 101, check it out http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

I played 10 matches literally and won 7-8 of them and when I am typing the command /rank it says that I haven't played a single ladder match. Not only that I can't post on lobby because it says that I haven't won a battle. (Also the account is 2 weeks old) Thanks in advance!

Friend list?

EDIT: This and a laddar reset button would probably make for fewer "users" overall.

Last edited:
Is the OU ladder going to be updated?

The (probably) does not reassure me a lot especially when I won 10 matches on the bounce. Please tell me I didn't win for nothing

Xhizors, hate to burst your bubble, but there is a 95% chance that those battles were all for nothing, rank-wise. If you Check your rank about 30 seconds after you finished a battle with a corrupted ladder update, and it hasn't been updated, then it most likely won't update your score from those matches.

what can we do to make PS a more stable platform and how much does it cost ?

it crashes almost every day for me aprox 5-10 minutes each time

If anyone can explain what is going on with my opponent's name, that would be nice.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the skin I'm using. This has never happened before.

I created an account for showdown back in early 2013 and left for a while before the gen 6 update, and now that i rejoined it says i can't chat due to me not having an account that is 1 week old? Anyone know whats wrong or if ive been off too long? (yes i did JUST create an account for this to be answered)

A user is autoconfirmed when they have won at least one rated battle and has been registered for a week or longer.
Your account has been registered for more than a week, but the ladder rankings reset recently with the arrival of the new rating system Elo. If you win a rated battle you should be able to chat again. It might also be useful to note autoconfirmed has been having a few issues recently. If you are autoconfirmed but cannot chat, try to log in and then log out and it should be working.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Posting this so I can follow the threads action sorry for the bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)