Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to register for showdown but it wont let me can someone help me
This may be because the username you want is already taken or maybe there is a bad connection between you and the server, type /nick username then go to the gear in the top right and select register at the bottom of the little menu then enter the password you want and your account is registered :)

Paynes I can't register either, I can't even see the register button. Been typing names loading teams refreshing but can't seem to get myself registered =/

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Paynes I can't register either, I can't even see the register button. Been typing names loading teams refreshing but can't seem to get myself registered =/
You could try winning a rated battle (using the look for a battle button on the left of your screen). That will prompt you to register and give you a button to do so. I have no clue if it will work as I am not 100% sure of the issue but it's worth a shot I guess!

If you could send a screenshot of your problem it would be much appreciated and would help me to help you :)

When I try to do any battle I type in a name and nothing happens, no loading or any change on the screen. Thanks alot I appreciate the help!
type /nick usernameyouwant then register the account as i said, unfortunately your account wont be fully registered until it is at least 7 days old and has won a rated battle, so from here its a waiting game :)

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think the issue is actually that he can't choose a name full stop? If so, I can't really recommend much else, try posting or reading through the technical support, you may find an answer within there.

it also depends on what browser you are using, PS works best on Chrome and Firefox, if your using an obscure browser like Internet Explorer or Opera then that may be the reason you are experiencing problems

Typed /nick theusernameIwant and the registered buttong still isnt showing up =/ You type the /nick in the choose username place or just type it in general. Sorry if I'm being difficult, getting a lil frustrated I just wanna battle! I'm using chrome

Typed /nick theusernameIwant and the registered buttong still isnt showing up =/ You type the /nick in the choose username place or just type it in general. Sorry if I'm being difficult, getting a lil frustrated I just wanna battle! I'm using chrome
No probs dude but i think this is beyond us now since we cant see your screen :( i think im gonna have to refer you over to the itechnical support guys who can help you better, hope it works out man :)

Everything looks like it works on my laptop, it's not exactly what I was looking for but it'll work. Thanks for the help, I'll fix it on my desktop but not today. Have a good one guys!

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Ok. This doesn't really go into ANY criteria, but I want to say that the Trevenant Dex Sprite (the little one seen when scrolling through the teambuilder and when in the battle sides), is not transparent under the arms.

Will this be fixed; sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Are there plans to add the updated XY cries for all pre-Gen 6 Pokemon? I'm just curious, seeing as how the models were added to keep up to date but I would understand if this isn't going to happen/is low priority.

is the hidden ability automatic or do you have to choose between hidden ability or normal.(Can there be both a hidden ability and a normal ability?)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
is the hidden ability automatic or do you have to choose between hidden ability or normal.(Can there be both a hidden ability and a normal ability?)
You have to select the ability from the team builder. You can only have one active at a time (assuming you are not playing in an "Other Meta").

Is there any way to check I have this account synced with my PS! account? The Register button doesn't show, but I know there are problems some times with it and I can't remember whether I've already registered or not...

Is there any way to check I have this account synced with my PS! account? The Register button doesn't show, but I know there are problems some times with it and I can't remember whether I've already registered or not...
If it doesn't show a register button under settings, it should say sign out instead and it means your account is registered. Also, your smogon forum account isn't linked with your showdown account.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
A few days ago I began a little project of my own as a personal challenge to make an application (a bot if you will) that would play showdown using the same information any normal player would get, and just to be on the safe side I checked the rules before. Those didn't say anything explicit about this, but I felt it was better to ask. Am I allowed to do this, assuming I don't break any of the previously mentioned rules or is there something else I would break if I kept going?

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
A few days ago I began a little project of my own as a personal challenge to make an application (a bot if you will) that would play showdown using the same information any normal player would get, and just to be on the safe side I checked the rules before. Those didn't say anything explicit about this, but I felt it was better to ask. Am I allowed to do this, assuming I don't break any of the previously mentioned rules or is there something else I would break if I kept going?
This has always perplexed me, In chess its generally considered bad form to use the aid of chess bots to play for you/help your play, however as this currently hasn't been (entirely) done in pokemon I believe its more or less ok. Challenging people (none ranked matches) is certainly fine, ranked battle though... I'm not so sure but until you get word on it, assume its fine to do.

I noticed something when looking at the various metagames you can select in PS. Some of the older ones, namely Gen IV and older, are listed as "beta". I know PS has been around a few years, but now I'm curious - exactly what is beta about each of those metagames on the server? Is there certain information that is missing, or otherwise not "updated" to match the mechanics of those generations?

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I noticed something when looking at the various metagames you can select in PS. Some of the older ones, namely Gen IV and older, are listed as "beta". I know PS has been around a few years, but now I'm curious - exactly what is beta about each of those metagames on the server? Is there certain information that is missing, or otherwise not "updated" to match the mechanics of those generations?
Gen 5 was the first gen made on PS, anything before then has been implemented, but not fully, or has not been fully tested, so some mechanics may be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)